• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can verify SamuraiPanda's quote of Mew2King saying he likes Brawl more.

btw the worst part of Brawl is definitely still the majority of its community. : P

alcoady

Smash Ace
I Have Fun In Brawl Friendlies And Tourney Matches, And I Remember The Same Thing In Melee With Mah Best Friend Fo Life Biggy Always Sounding A Bit Annoyed With Tournament Matches While Others Played Like Every Game Had $5 On The Line X
You And Me, Fight To The Death, No Holds Bars, Falcon V Pika Brawwwwwwwlllllll!!! 1,000,000,000,000 Mm!!!!

I'm So ****ing Serious I Just **** Mah Pants!!!

*** Dsf!!!!

....after you kick the **** out of me in brawl, i'll pay you that 5$ i still owe ya...
i gotta get over there.

Kail

Smash Lord
So Rat, I'm thinking about heading over after class to GrandLan. (Seeing as I get out around 9ish) Would I have a ride back to my place if I went?

Rat

Smash Lord
So Rat, I'm thinking about heading over after class to GrandLan. (Seeing as I get out around 9ish) Would I have a ride back to my place if I went?

you'd have to talk to russ or dave. I take the bus out there and then Russ usually gives me a ride back. I'm pretty sure one of them would give you a ride.

I'm probably going to show up there at about 7-7:30 or so.

okiyama

Smash Ace
In casual play: Brawl is fine, as long as I don't care about winning. Melee is better just because it's more fun.
In competitive: I dislike brawl because it just has a lot of random bull**** going on and the speed makes it so that things are for the most part, dumbed down, with the exception of mind games. Melee is faster and has equal emphasis on mind games to brawl, it's just more fun.

That's my opinion, don't argue with me because arguing to me that brawl is better isn't going to make it more fun.

On topic: Vayseth, I think you mentioned a tournament before the end of September, is that still happening?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
anyone who wants to smash (melee) this afternoon (starting @ 4:30) feel free to like IM me or something and come over. Obviously, you'll probably want to be in AA w/ this much notice lulz.

edit: we've already got a confirmed 4 ppl, possibly 6 (if Hot_armS and Ding don't john out lulz), and two setups. I'll be sure to be vid recording.

PS. If your name is Anther, lain, or Solon, you should come.

dingding

Smash Ace
scotu i called u.. iunno if i shud put ur number but yeah some ghetto dude picked up and was like yelling at me
i was at the Y and guna walk to ur house but i got scared =(

SCOTU

Smash Hero
but that box art has all the characters in the game, as opposed to the official box art, where they just put a bunch of random nintendo characters

-=KOH=-

Smash Rookie
Hey, michigan battle royale 3 is coming up.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195165

If you guys want a say on the rule set, and are planning on attending let me know in the thread.

I'm an srk member, but I know that there is a butt load of players in michigan from swf so let me know if you guys want the all-brawl ruleset or the smashboards rule set. Input is appreciated.

Hope to see you guys there, don't forget to pre reg.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Singles
1) Kidniteman (my 10 yr old bro @_@)
2) Hot_ArmS
3) Dingdong
4) Solon

Doubles
1) Asian Invasion (Hot_ArmS + DingDong)
2) Some other team
3) Tiny Terrors (kidniteman + mojo25)

Dingdong almost gayed us in doubles finals, good thing im too good

Kail

Smash Lord
Grand Rapids area is mostly Melee, but there are a few people who play Brawl out in Allendale.
There are a few in Grand Rapids as well, most just won't play it for more then a few games.

Reezy989

Smash Cadet
**** Allendale. I live right by downtown I hate driving way out there. I just moved out here and everyone I try to play with sucks. So I just play online every now and then. It seems like all the tournaments and stuff are way out in Ann Arbor or Chicago. I thought it'd be crackin at GVSU or hell, even GRCC but I never hear anything

Kail

Smash Lord
GRCC doesn't have any exceptional players....
I've played with most of them and there a few people but none that are regular tournament goers.
Well I am, but I'm "eh" at best.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Kail would be better than "eh" if he cared about winning, which most of the time he doesn't. : P

Top Bottom