• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

SCOTU

Smash Hero
yes. Playing MBAC helped me (outside of frikin double air dashes in IaMP) to get the controls down for that game and general movement, but i still have a wtf hard time comboing in IaMP, and i was decent at comboing in Melee / MBAC.

oh, and it's hella easy to get combos in MBAC, the hard thing is getting good combos.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, how is that hard? Just HOAA~! into HOAA~! a few times and you've got like 2500-3000 damage already.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
still have to time it well so you don't like jc the HOAA~! after only 1 hit, and the timing on landing and re jumping into HOAA~! is not basic. But if they keep air teching or getting invalided by it, the jC > repeat combo works all day and causes all sorts of pain.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
HAI GAIS! WHAT'S UP?
~cough~ Um, anyway a lot of pages happened since last I read... I'll see if I can remember everything I wanted to say.

Evangelion in Japan is like mad! You can find building posters like 40 feet tall with Shinji and an Evangelion.
-
While I usually like anime better, some older ones have awful animation quality (or you can't find any decent quality) so the manga is totally a better bet. For example, I've been reading Hunter X Hunter. It's taken on a Naruto-esque feel so I don't know how much longer I'll read it. :-/
-
Thanks for the tip about the Berserk manga. Guts was totally a man's man but the series just completely cut off right when it was getting good.
-
Death Note + Gundam = 1/2 of the awesomeness of Code Geas Anyone who liked Death Note would totally love Code Geas. The dude's got the supernatural powas of Light but drives around in a giant mecha and controls and army of Black Knights.
-
I play Melty Blood, too! (But I'm not any good)

**I'LL BE COMING TO ROFA'S ON FRIDAY NIGHT AND BRINING MY LAPTOP + MONITOR TO PLAY MELTY BLOOD** If anyone else has some PC stuff they want to play, bring it on a flashdrive, CD, or DVD and we can load it up. I think there were some people with control pads that came last time. They'd be welcome to bring them again.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
------- Attention Everyone -------

There seems to be some confusion about my biweekly this weekend!

This week the biweekly is FRIDAY ONLY

The schedule for FRIDAY IS:

Agenda for Friday:

5 PM - Smashfest begins!

8 PM - $10 Doubles ($5 per person)

10 PM - $5 Singles

1 AM - Crew Battle

---This event is drug and alchohol free---

The reason the biweekly is FRIDAY ONLY this weekend is because of the $20 CYGAMZ tournament the next day. It is very close to my place, so people can stay the night and carpool there on Saturday!

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
yeah i started reading berserk after you guys started talking about it, im in chapter 90 something and its totally tooo too good, its like ike on steroids

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Hot Arms, where did you find it? On the couple of sites I found that had it, most had Berserk taken down due to some copyright/licencing/bs reasons. :-/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
=_= STILL at Vayseth's right now.

Some stuff... I wrecked a bunch of people with Sheik/Zelda, which I'm kinda happy about... Rofa likely had me figured out by the end though, got a convincing win on me on the last game vs each other. Omniswell's Wolf is impossible to Fateread. : ( Melee is still fun as all hell, even though I still don't usually win against SCOTU's Fox unless I use Peach for the kinda-less-than-even matchup. MBAC is awesome. HOAA~~! Panda considered picking up Poké Trainer, and eventually beat my Marth, then after a bit my Sheik, for a couple games... then I randomly three-stocked him twice in a row on Battlefield (I blame Battlefield). Now Omniswell and Panda are playing Arcana Heart, ShardZ and SCOTU are playing MBAC, and guess what? lain never showed. WTF LAIN, WHERE ARE YOUUU.

lolol, Zelda is too **** good. Usmash kills, Fsmash kills, Dsmash kills, freakin' DASH ATTACK kills... I love it.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Looks like i wont be at rofa's
no ride home or there

if someone can get me hit me up

313-727-4099

willing to pay !!!

Hit me up ASAP

20206 Orleans
Detroit Mi 48203

Mapquest the address

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm going to be down in AA for most of today. If anyone over there wants to play, call my cell. 248-250-1289

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The points weren't for flaming, it had something to do with spamming or something, but I'm certain for what exactly.
I totally didn't notice this post till now. I had to issue you a one week ban because I thought I saw like 4-5 spam threads made by you on the Jiggs boards in a short period of time. Mods usually don't tolerate that stuff too much, especially in the character boards because they don't get checked as often due to how many of them there are so spam threads would stay for too long.

But it was really late at night and I realized after I banned ya that you only had made like 1-2 spam threads, which isn't a bannable offense. First time I've ever accidentally issued an infraction. Although it may have been some sort of unconscious desire to ban you :p

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
russ... nooooo!!! not RO! i played that game for awhile... then the server got deleted. thank god.
What?!? You got something against RO? I found a nice one where the GM has done a lot of work on server-side coding.
BTW, were you on VRO? I remember that that was a really popular one but it got nix'd by Gravity for being too awesome or something. :-P

lain

Smash Master
guys, i just beat Melito (9th on AiB ladder) with my G&W every time we played except once. I also went even with him in T.Link dittos.

I think MI is looking pretty good.

Either that or I'm amazing.

I also went more then even with samboner, #1 on AiB ladder. he was making johns about G&W afterwards LOLLLL

:colorful:

okiyama

Smash Ace
If it was online then none of your results mean anything, sorry.

Also sorry for mising the Showcase tournament I am in Elk Rapids,MI. It's up north and I won't be back until either Saturday or Sunday depending on how scheduling works out.
Also, I heard that Rofa's leaving for a month, whens his Tourneys gonna start back up cause I already missed this last tourney and no more tourney for a month will make Oki a sad,sad boy :(

Edit: 333 posts! that's half of 666 *GASP!*

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
guys, i just beat Melito (9th on AiB ladder) with my G&W every time we played except once. I also went even with him in T.Link dittos.

I think MI is looking pretty good.

Either that or I'm amazing.

I also went more then even with samboner, #1 on AiB ladder. he was making johns about G&W afterwards LOLLLL

i 3 stocked forwards falco online :laugh: and ***** his snake :ohwell:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I beat melito in 2 straight sets (i came back from the losers bracket)

and then my brother was beating him too in a tourney and melito was complaining, he thought i was playing for my brother lawl

this was all an online tourney of course

samboners gay, abuses the fact that its hard to get out of fox's combos online

yeah i have wifi johnz lol

besides, he might get banned from the ladder for having a double account :dizzy:

edit: hey lain melito showed this to me lol, im talking to him right now but i dont wanna post the convo without his knowledge cause thats too ratty

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rrHF7_RFC0A

lain

Smash Master
he beat me in like, 2 or 3 matches out of the like 7 or 8 we played.

but yeah, he 2 stocked me. i 2 stocked him back too.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Everyone needs to play "The World Ends With You" because like its better than brawl, but not better than melee cause like melee is perfect.

Scala

Smash Ace
the world ends with you was a really crappy game aimed at 13 year olds. It featured a gimmicky battle system and a mediocre story that wouldn't let you solve any of the puzzles yourself. I don't understand the attraction to it... it was awful.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Imo the battle system is sweet and the story is pretty sweet as well, I don't really see how you could think its bad.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Its been sitting in my room for a week now. I'm going to pick it up, but all the free time I'd usually spend playing a DS game, I'm now forced to spend reading books on samurai. Not like thats a bad thing, its just getting in my way of enjoying that game.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey Panda, I've seen you on AIM once in a while but you never reply. Any reason why? : (

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
No, it is mostly because I'm a douche :D

Actually, getting a hold of me on AIM is a dice roll, really. I don't really like constantly putting on and taking off away messages, and I have programs running that make me come out of idle every now and then, but it doesn't actually mean I'm there. I dunno why I'm like that, but I've been that way for like 10 years.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Eww. I hate double posting. But I'm late for class, so w/e.

I finish classes tomorrow at 3, and I'll be back at 3:30. I have nothing to do for the rest of the night. Does someone wanna come over and smash sometime after then? Cuz I'm going home for the weekend, so I only really have Thursday afternoon.

Top Bottom