• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

3===D

Smash Lord
Tony I PMed you with your ultimate banner of destruction and obliteration.

3===D

Smash Lord
Hey A.Hills I was extremely bored and made you a banner for your crew of flunkies ill PM it to nar, you dont have to use it but its totally sweet.

Dope

Smash Ace
i am on my way as we type......so ill be there around 215ish, joel said hed be leaving in a lil bit, so i spect he'll be out there a little after i will.

Walshy

Smash Rookie
also as an added bonus if you guys can make the trip out, I have a recorder hooked up from my tv to my comp, so you can record some of your games and burn them on a cd to watch them later. but get back to me soon on this so I can make sure if I can even do it or not.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Nar, you always have to play 2 matches in loser's bracket for every 1 in winners more or less. That's the only way to do a double elim. Joe beat people of high seeding but lost two in a row when he did, Joel went to losers early and beat up on low seeds for awhile, but had to play more matches to get to the same spot. Since Joe never had to play through the loser's bracket he didn't have to ever do the 2 for 1. It's the same in every tourney. Placings are never determined by number of wins in double elim.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I hope you guys had an excellent 4th. I didn't, exactly, but that's due to the fact I got three of my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday... -_-

I don't know how soon I'll be able to, but just keep me updated on the smashfests and I'll see if I can attend one. Good luck at FC, too, by the way. Go kick some ***!

Thank you for your compliments, phat... I know I got some work to do, though. I also don't know where I can find those videos. I'd like to see them, though, especially if it'll help my game a bit more. Maybe the next time we're both at a smashfest, we can get some practice in, ne?

Also... I'd like to join your guys' team, but I'll leave it up to all of ya. Otherwise, I'm happy with just smashing with you all...

Dope

Smash Ace
was a good smashfest till all you hoes left, god...i had to sit around and own justin for a while ^^. but im guessing there wont be another smash fest this week cept for tom, if it happens tom, and o ya justin, i left my controller at ur house lol, i just remembered when i got in my car, but i was too lazy/buzzed to care and left anyway =/ just make sure u grab that **** up and put it somewhere, i dont want cat pissing on it or something.

3===D

Smash Lord
Yeah yesterday was fun, i got my *** destroyed near the end of the day, that wasnt very much fun, not to make excuses but i think i was just tired/bored, i fell right asleep when i got home for gods sake, im a ***** what can i say, besdides there was way too much sitting around for a smashfest we need to make sure we got several cubes all the time.

Nar do you think THAT banner is gay, hmmm ?

And about driving to FC, i dont mind actually driving at all, but i really dont trust my car to make it, not so much for the sake of sparing the miles but for not getting stranded, Joe remember game over, huh *****, remember. I also think whoever drives shouldnt have to pay for any gas, its kinda only fair.

Dope

Smash Ace
ok, the only way i can go to FC is if we leave at about 5ish on thursday, because im a temp at my work, which means im not actually employed, im put there on the "assignment" by a staffing agency, so i got friday off, but if i take thursday off too, chances are, im gonna get replaced =/.

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey... Could one of you guys who's relatively good with Marth send me a PM? - I have a couple questions I need answered.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
So are we having a smashfest today or what? Daver? Adam? James? Joel? Joe? What the frig!

Bazooka - Are you from MI? Why not just go in the character specific threads?

Dope

Smash Ace
justin, i aint comin out today, real tired, gonna go to sleep early. and dont forget my beer is still in your freezer! im gonna want that **** when i come over there next time ^^.

D

Deleted member

I just got back from my cottage so I should be up for a smashfest tomorrow or Wednesday probably. I am going to talk to my mom tonight about FC more and I'll see if I can convince her to let me go.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Where the frig is Joe?!?!?! He's the one who usually puts these things together. People were supposed to come by today, but I don't know if that's gonna happen anymore. :/

So what's going on?

jv3x3

Smash Champion
lol, ive been busy cant make it over 2day. maybe tom. or wednesday though. whats good for you? what about james (more teams practice) and the rest of ya?

oh and anyone got an extra memory card they can bring for me to keep for a couple days to practice on more than half the boards and with marth and whatnot.

btw. it looks like we are gonna have to take two cars. tony is coming now. and montro better. so im thinking i will take a car load either wensday night to walshy's (is all you cool with this? adam, tony, justin, etc?) and go to fc on thursday. and james (since he has gotta work till 5) can drive down with a car load then. james you can drive right? who wants to go with who? i dont wanna drive, but to get everyone there im gonna have to. just gotta get a oil change

Dope

Smash Ace
so hey joe, could we leave thursday evening sometime? cause i really really dont wanna get fired lol, anytime around 5ish is fine, otherwise i aint gonna be able to go =/

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Liptonbuddy
Bazooka - Are you from MI? Why not just go in the character specific threads?
Nope... but I'm going to college there in 2 months (and Gideon is my room mate). So we'll be checking out hte smash scene there for sure. I saw the "MI" and it caught my eye. I'll be in college near Grand Rapids.

I went to the character specific thread and read everything in the room. I just need more. Maybe some videos would help. I'm trying to train a little for the otakon tourny coming up. I was just seeking for some advice and tips.

Dope

Smash Ace
lol, i didnt even read the 2nd paragraph ^^. gotcha though, just where are we gonna be meating up at? justins?

3===D

Smash Lord
im down with going to walshys wednesday night, ill throw down for gas like a madman and ill take a shift or 2 driving, heck ill drive the whole time i dont care, i just didnt want my car to explode, i swear im not being a ***** about it either i dont trust it, its been acting up.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Hm... Well, I guess you're all set with everything. Good luck at the tournament(FC) once more, guys, in case you didn't see my last post.

Also, if you're gonna have a smashfest, just changed the first post again or something....

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
ok so let me get this stright, wednesday, were going to this washlys? So your picking us up Joe or we gotta meet u somewhere?

Adam me n u for teams *****, grab a big wallet cause were comming home with the prize

TIGER DESTRUCTION!!! (my banner is comeing oh so soon, and it will be the most sexual of them all)

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Whoever drives me gets a nice 20 spot courtesy of my grandma! Awww!

So it's for sure the people who ride with Joe are going out to Walshy's on Wednesday? What time on Wednesday? We got sufficient directions? Dount count on me for your directional needs...we all remember what happened while driving to GEK's tourney. Like I said though, I knew Daver had that wireless hookup all along. I was just faking you guys out like I didn't have my **** under control. Looks like all you guys are ********, eh?

Dope

Smash Ace
well guys, the one day my dad isnt here to wake me up, and i set my alarm, i dont wake up, then go to work and get fired =(. so i guess that means i can go to FC whenever on thursday joe, so just keep postin on the time we would be going, anytime i guess now is fine for me.

Walshy

Smash Rookie
Everything is looking fine on my end of the deal, I have 2 tvs and 1 gamecube, so if someone brought another GC we can run 2 stations. If you can give me a headcount of exactly how many are coming that'd be great, if not, no big deal. Hopefully me and Joe will run into eachother on AIM tonight, if not I'll just PM my address and phone number to him so you can reach me for any questions. See ya guys tomorrow hopefully.

Dope

Smash Ace
well since i aint gotta work, i might drive some ppl out there too, ill bring my GC if no one else is, just like walshy said, lets get a head count to see how many ppl are going, and if ppl are going what time?

jv3x3

Smash Champion
****, that sucks james... you still get your old job back?

anyway im thinking we will leave from justins around 7 wednesday. everyone can hopefully get dropped off there or get ahold of someone else thats driving to justins

adam, yeah its cool, i's understand. sides id rather not have another breaking down experience on the way to a major tourney.

walshy, if you dont see me on, yeah just pm me the addy info.

cube, yeap someone bring theirs

edit: oh yeah someone anyone have a digital camcorder they can bring? i have a couple mi-dv tapes. but since my **** got stolen i have no camcorder still, and i really wanna get some stuff on tape

oh and to the guy wanting marth tips go head and im me sometime. ill see what i can give ya

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Cool. Now I know when to be ready by. Also, I got yo digital camera hook up, but I only be taken real time video, ie. no hookup to the TVs.

Joe, we gonna have room for a TV to take? If not, that's cool, but I posted in the FC topic that I might be able to bring one.

3===D

Smash Lord
oh sheeit, this is going to be quite the road trip.

ATTENTION WESTSIDE AND HIS CREW OF FLUNKIES !!!

you guys are welcome to come over walshys on wednesday nigth as well, GEK call me about this, and if you decide to come youll probably need to bring a TV and cube.

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
Adam man this is totally sexual! There is but one word that can describe this banner, scrumtreelesent! Thanks!

Its official, I'll be coming wiht you *****es to FC

jv3x3

Smash Champion
lol, 4.... wait now make that 5 tiger destruction banners in a row.

But oh yes, this will be the road trip that all other road trips are compared too.

Monstro, you are coming... just do it man.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Anyone hear from Monstro? MONSTRO?!?!?! WHERE ARE YOU!!!! Are you coming to FC? Did you plead with yourm other? Did you tell her I will give her sexual favors if she allows you to go to FC? Anyways, I'm burning a massive crap load of CDs for the trip, as well as going to wallmart to pick up some sort of game boy game for the ol' SP. I'm thinking Either Metroid Fusion or Zero Mission. Should keep me busy. Gonna go out and get me a new back pack, too. I used to have like 3 of them *****es when I was in school, but now they're magically gone...My brother probably ganked them when he used to live at our house, the *******! I'm gonna be ****in' stylin' for FC! I'm gonna look like a mother ****ing sweet *** *****! With my new backpack I'm gonna be the apple of everyone's eye! I'll be so popular!

Dope

Smash Ace
your already the apple in my eye justin ^^ lol. ok, so what time are we leaving to walshys? cause i could prolly bring my tv, and i will bring my cube. and we are leaving from justins right?

Top Bottom