• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if ill b able to make sundays smashfest,im goin to my
cuzins on saturday,and my parents'l prob want me to stay
home,but i might b able to get a few hours in

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman

cant make it to liptons on sunday, ill prolly still be out of town or be coming back in town, ill try to make a guest appearance on one of these days after I get back tho.

Hey halo players, if ur reading this post, the next time u come over to liptons bring an xbox and halo if u can, I think it would be fun.

btw im Nar, I wasnt at the last smashfest.

tehownage

Smash Journeyman
Well i'm going somewhere soon and don't know what time i'll be back. So adam, lipton wanted to know if you could give him a ride here on saturday, so please ^_^. I gotta know, i'll read forums tonight and post address tomorow.

3===D

Smash Lord
NAR ! A GUEST APPEARANCE ! What do yo uthink you are some kind fo celebrity, dont get so cocky just cause you won the V games, remember so did Vidjo, besides lets wait and see how you do in cali BEEEEEOTCH !

Dude we really need to bring halo some time, i have an X box with a link cable so we could hook 2 up, i mean i know smash has priority over all but Halo is a ****ing blast.

I wont be able to make it tomorrow i wont get out of work til 9 and thats way too late for me to be driving around MI like a maniac, maybe soon though.

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
Sunday? You *****es!

I've got an 8 n a half hour shift, 11:30am ta 8pm

And they got me till 11pm on thursday, so, I need some help to get to FC

Who will be my saviour!?

Who will rescue me!?

if no one, then whats the latest you guys are gonna leave? I mite be able to trade hours with someone or something.

3===D

Smash Lord
OK give me some suggestions, it looks like monstros sheltered *** isnt going to be able to go and tonys got some slave labor ordeal going on so that leaves me partnerless, what should I do, should i try and partner with someone form another state ?

Spiff

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm from MI and would like to find some good people to play in ssbm, preferably close cause I don't have reliable transportation. I live in a suburb of Detroit. Hit me up on AIM if your interested.

x1372

Smash Ace
hey supersayin - I didn't necessarily say 5 bucks for the young link thing... it was 1-2 bucks a person, if you had actually read the challenge. But if you want to waste 5, I suppose that's fine with me.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Spiff
Hey guys I'm from MI and would like to find some good people to play in ssbm, preferably close cause I don't have reliable transportation. I live in a suburb of Detroit. Hit me up on AIM if your interested.
Spiff, you're more than likely in our area then. We usually all get together at my house, which is in Warren. Warren is the city that borders Detroit to the north. Where do you live?

3===D

Smash Lord
Oh, i read that challenge Bob but i guess i just assumed you werent a ***** and would play for fiver, kidding, but seriously we could play for 1-2 bucks if you want i dont care.

And joel, i have no idea what your talking about, 4 stock, huh whats that.

phatassesrock

Smash Apprentice
3==D ..... where the **** is my zelda. You better spend all day working on it and send it to my dkrenne@oakland.edu account.

Do you need me to find a better zelda picture?

I WONT BE AT THE SMASH FEST ON SUNDAY.

Mikey.... I was definitely impressed with your Peach. I would suggest trying to find videos of Vidjo. He somehow is crazy fast. I will be glad to help you with advice on Zelda.

3===D

Smash Lord
Dave, my sweet ***** your banner is next i havent had any time lately ive been a busy little bee, makin that chizeese.

Yeah whats with the smashfest on sunday i just say we go to justins thursday morning or so and play till we leave if thas cool with him, sunday is the th of ****ing july the greatest holiday besides thanksgiving, christmas, halloween, easter, st. pattys day, and presidents day.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
hehehe, it seems like the only one coming today is going to be Joe, but I've got some sad news.......I'm probably not going to be up anyways.....heh. Joe, post back if this is a problem. If not, I suppose I could stay awake just long enough to WTA for a couple hours. heh

Who knows.....maybe, just maybe, the sleep schedual will be back on track by tomorrow. More than likely not, though.

Spiff

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Liptonbuddy
Spiff, you're more than likely in our area then. We usually all get together at my house, which is in Warren. Warren is the city that borders Detroit to the north. Where do you live?
Allen Park. So to the south of Detroit.

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
hey bob I got a match for ya, how bout best of 5, $5 Y.Link ditto.

Lets settle the best Y.Link in the mid west for everyone to see.

And anyone who wants to Roy ditto me there for a dollar EXCEPT JOE i'll be up for.

I swear it I'll find a way to this dam thing

x1372

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Y.Linkpwnsurmom
Lets settle the best Y.Link in the mid west for everyone to see.
I thought we already did that. Twice. I won. Both times.

Seriously though, if you want a money match, I suppose that's fine... will that be at FC or at SSA2? Either way's cool with me I suppose.

But really, regardless of winner, it wouldn't show who is the "best" young link, because the mirror match is only determinant of 1/25 of the character matchups. I will still play the mirror with you if you'd like to though, just acknowledge that it really doesn't mean much. Use young link against jv3x3 and joshu in tourney matches, see how well that works so we have a point of comparison... lol.

Dope

Smash Ace
yay my internet is back ^^. sunday is the smashfest? sounds good, ill be out there.

adam, just be lucky that i didnt have much sleep and had to work 8 hours, then was stuck in sweaty traffic for an hour and a half that day, only reason u won ^^. but tom we will see the real james again, and u aint gonna beat me a single time.

gratz to joe beating my falco in a set finnaly ^^ i was gettin worried.

and i have to agree, joe and nar def have the bestestes gannons in Mi(adam a close second)

jv3x3

Smash Champion
yeah i aint gonna stay all day cause its the 4th. But i need to gets some smash in for fc practice

adam, my banner is sweet man but cant get it to work. try resending will ya

james, lol... thanks for the congrats, ill have some if you ever beat me in a tourney set. j/k, you were off anyways so i wont even count that set. but what you should be worried about is the *** beating marth was giving ya. I mean as long as i play careful w/fox i always gets the w come tourney time. But you are supposed to usually beat the marth.

Justin, Today??? Huh, its tom. But yeah wake up around one. Hopefully thats when me and james will be coming. Post to make sure its cool

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
Bob don't try and confuse me with your big fancy words like regardless, and of. FC, Y.Link vs Y.Link, simple as that, I will reclaim that dollar i lost, along with 4 of its friends.

Dope

Smash Ace
ya ya, marth this marth that, blah ble blah ^^ jk, ya i shoulda been beating him, but i was off that day, i just couldnt move fast enough the whole night lol, thats y TD master adam was beating me =/ o well, tom is another, well slept day with no work for me =) and i think everything will fall back into place again, my falco > joes fox > joes marth > adams ganon

but thats just a prediction ^^

but a fact for adam.....

3===D

Smash Lord
joel. james, joe > 3===D~~~. . . nuff said

It looks like i might be able to make it tomorrow, its supposed to rain and if i get out early enough im down for some $th of july smash. That reminds me we need to have a smashfest around my house sometime so we can all go out on my boat afterwards i think that would be a blast.

Joe why do you have to be such a ******, ill send it again, and yeah it is sweet isnt it that background was custom made by the photoshop wizard himself, ME BABY ME !

Dope

Smash Ace
lol, joel the only reason ur peach/jiggly owned me the other day is because thats the first time ive been high in over 2 months, and i aint smokin again......ever.....

or at least for a year, lol, so enjoy those lucky wins^^

and if ur goin tom joel, ill throw u like 5 or 10 to cmoe get me and go out there

3===D

Smash Lord
Daver, i PMed you your banner, the next one and last one to do is Tonys. . . unless of course James is feeling especially saucy and decides to pledge alegiance with TD, which would be the smart move if he doesnt want to get his intestines torn out.

phatassesrock

Smash Apprentice
Pretty soon anyone reading the MI thread will take so long to download all of our banners.... it sounds like Mr. Joe V himself has joined the elite smash crew now.

LETS ALL GET TOGETHER ON MONDAY as well!! I can definitely spend a long time that day playing smash.

Have a good fourth everyone!! Justin... dont blow up your hand and become a disabled smash player.... there is no workmans comp for SSBM.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
WALSHY

Hey walshy sorry about last night, my computer had an error and i hadent been to sleep yet and it was 7 AM so i just went to sleep, post here and leave your AIM screen name ill put ya on my friends list, i dont really get on much but ill try to leave it on a bit more the next few days just gimme a message ^^ talk to ya soon later man.

As for the whole crew thing i think ill just remain crewless for the time being untill u guys can think of a good name and get rid of that gay tiger :)))

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
Adam you littlbe *****, why is mine last? Unless of corse its gonna be the bestest.

So monday is a smashfest?

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
I should more than likely be up tomorrow by 1, so all should be good. So it's just Joe and James? Maybe James can bring John. Anyone else for tomorrow? I suppose I can be up monday as well for a fest.

Dope

Smash Ace
john aint comin but i am, so anytime after 1ish eh? ill prolly get up at about 11 or so, but i wont head over till around 130ish or 2.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Originally posted by Needle of Juntah
Was just looking at the MLG brackets and need a little help understanding somthing since i dont deal with brackets very much.
How is it that i beat 6 people and joe beat 3 people but we tied for 5th.
anyone care to explain this to me. maybe im missing somthing heh :/

the brackets are on
http://www.mlgpro.com/chicago/docs/chicagobracketssmash.html
That's why you don't want to go to Loser's Bracket early. You have to go through more rounds to work your way up the standings. It's just the way double elim brackets work.

Dope

Smash Ace
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!

morning everyone, ready for another memorable festing of smashing on the most greatest of days? i know im looking forward to watchin them illegal fireworks justin ^^, and o ya, playin smash too.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Holy ****, I think the sleep schedual might be somewhat normal now..... It's 9:15, and my ***** *** is up, let's just hope I stay up. I think I'm gonna slap on the headphones, walk to the gas station, and get me one of those nutty energy drinks that taste like F'ed up artificial grape flavoring. Other than that, I'm ready like a motha ****a!

3===D

Smash Lord
I dont think im going to be able to make it, the storm woke me up in the middle of the night and i was like "YES!" but then i got a message from my boss saying we have to go in at 1 and i was like "NO!" but we should get together another day before FC, i know dave wass saying something about monday but i have work off on tuesday that would be cool.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Hmmm...It's 10:30 now...I still gotta shower and do some stuff, so I'd say like 11:45-12:00 if you wanna come out a little earlier.

Dope

Smash Ace
k k, imma go grab some breakfast, then jump in the shower, so ya, ill prolly head over there around 1230ish or 1ish

Walshy

Smash Rookie
Hey I'd have to clear some stuff with my mom, but I might be able to have a few of you guys over on Wednesday before FC, and you can stay the night at my place and leave straight from here to FC which is less than 2 hours away from my place from what I hear. But also wednesday and thursday are my last 2 days to possibly smash before I have halo teammates over and gotta start practicing with them for MLG Atlanta. So just hit me up on AIM: Walshy304 and we'll see what we can possibly work out. BTW I have a 30 in flatscreen hd tv, and a 27 in flatscreen in my basement so it's an extremely nice setup.

Top Bottom