• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
we're only making $3? what a jip.
doesn't even pay for a gallon of gas. If mikey shows up, that'll be worth it just to watch. let me know when that's happening cuz i'll definately be there. prolly won't be nearly as satisfying as watching Joel's g&w pull two nines on him at the first tourney... now THAT was a good 3-stocking. poor gary didn't know what hit him.
2 more posts and mikey is 1337. sw33t

who is scotu?

Anther

Smash Champion
Crazy fox guy from UofM.

I swear, Pikachu vs Fox gets easier and easier as Pika vs Falco gets more and more frustrating >_>.

Valban

Smash Apprentice
man, if I weren't heading up to Traverse City tomorrow I'd prolly be going to this. Not even for firebrand(though a very good reason none the less), so I can play Anther's pikachu again since it's so much fun playing a freaking pikachu. oh, and yoshi owns bowser :). Oh, and Rash. Next time we face off in a 2 outta 3 I'm gonna freakin win the first time and not play like a noob like I did during the tourney. Cause face it, I'm freakin awsome lol. Don't remember who said it but late night cockyness rules!

E

Ezac

Well I sort of want to go to a tourny soon as I am ungrounded =D. After all! Luigi will be top tier, and people will be doing Ezac combos. Thats right. Ezac combos. Actually that sounds horrible. lI am the thing. But Yup goverment is boring. I SHOULD BE DOING WORK WHATS WRONG WITH ME. Graduating > Forums???

On another note, this grounded thing might last longer than wensday which could suck. I hope I'll be able to make it seeing as I am the only smasher in Michigan with transporational perposes D:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Crazy fox guy from UofM.

I swear, Pikachu vs Fox gets easier and easier as Pika vs Falco gets more and more frustrating >_>.
just in luck: i second falco now. And yeah, anyone that could pick up a few of us (or at least just me) for wednesday: please post/ pm let us know. Thank You.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Well, if I'm gonna go to this, I'd like to go with other people. So if someone wouldn't mind swinging by and getting me...

One more until I'm temporarily 1337? *shrugs*

D_B_S

Smash Lord
i need a ride for wednesday

I get off work at 2..... and i'm on 12mile and dequindre so...

get me!!!!!!!!! O_o plzzzz

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Anyone know of any venues for hosting a large smash Tournament/ smashfest w/in a 1/2 hr of the Northville, Livonia area? I'd like to host a large tournament in mid-late june, but don't have a location. It would preferably be cheap or free to minimize venue fees. Also, anyone have equipment for capturing video that would be interested in coming, i'd like video coverage of all tvs this time, but i'm the only one from our crew that can capture it (to my knowledge). I'll post a thread when i get a location and a date. I really am trying to make it a large tournament w/ a large prize and large competition.

Edit: where did sheepyman hold MU2? (i know the address, i just want to know what the place is)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll try to reply to things one at a time.

:: So who's goin to the Southfield tourney & wendesday thing?
I was thinking of just going Wednesday and now I've got a small following who want to beat the **** out of Firebrand? lol.
Not sure about the tourney, it'll depend on whether NEDM's gonna show up or not.

:: So if someone wouldn't mind swinging by and getting me...
If you can get here, I can take you the rest of the way to PlanetX... : D

:: i need a ride for wednesday
Gah, I'm only 15 miles away from there, but I won't have a car at 2PM Wednesday.

:: Also, anyone have equipment for capturing video that would be interested in coming, i'd like video coverage of all tvs this time, but i'm the only one from our crew that can capture it (to my knowledge)
Where did you get your stuff? I'll look into buying the equipment myself.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It's kinda ****ty, only really works in 320x240, but it fakes 640x48 and higher. But you've seen the quality, it beats gvideo and youtube.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815100112
Tony, know of any good venues near you?

Edit: you'll also need a composite video cable to go from the av-out>capture cord. Mine is 12' so it can reach all the way to my desk, but your's wouldn't need to be that long if you have a similar setup to last year (desk near tv)

2nd Edit: Come on Mikey, I'm rooting for your 1337 post!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I considered it, not sure of the price, and i don't really think i want to bring my video stuff to southfield... parents don't even really want me going, they're afraid i'll get mugged or something. You live in Detroit, so dunno about that or whatever, but parents were not happy to hear about southfield, not allowed to bring my tv/ setup for wednesday, i'll definately not be allowed to bring my computer w/ vid capture and tourney software. It would be great if there were a venue in AA that could hold 50+ ppl (that isn't UofM that's closed for the summer randy). Hey Ankoku/ Mikey, any good venues near you guys? Randizzle: any ones you know of in Livonia?

Edit: what place did Sheepy hold Michigan Unite 2? (not the address, the name of the place/ website, i know the address, i'd need info on the place)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
We have no idea. I'm going to try to make it there around 5:30 PM, but I do hope Firebrand changes up his payout since it costs $10.60 just to play for the rest of the night, so I'd be losing money even if I beat him.

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
I considered it, not sure of the price, and i don't really think i want to bring my video stuff to southfield... parents don't even really want me going, they're afraid i'll get mugged or something. You live in Detroit, so dunno about that or whatever, but parents were not happy to hear about southfield, not allowed to bring my tv/ setup for wednesday, i'll definately not be allowed to bring my computer w/ vid capture and tourney software. It would be great if there were a venue in AA that could hold 50+ ppl (that isn't UofM that's closed for the summer randy). Hey Ankoku/ Mikey, any good venues near you guys? Randizzle: any ones you know of in Livonia?

Edit: what place did Sheepy hold Michigan Unite 2? (not the address, the name of the place/ website, i know the address, i'd need info on the place)
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You don't get mugged in Southfield, especially near Planet X. That areas majority white. And those white people don't come out of their houses except to work. Ridiculous, and prejudice.

MrMojoRisin

Smash Apprentice
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You don't get mugged in Southfield, especially near Planet X. That areas majority white. And those white people don't come out of their houses except to work. Ridiculous, and prejudice.
White people steal all the time. It's mostly out of gym lockers though. (**** white trash at my school)

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
Tourny is on Sat. in case you forgot too. I was tryin to figure out what the hell you guys were talking about but then I remembered and started laughing. I don't think Fire has that much money to cough out if you all plan on going. And if Mikey goes than it really won't be fair.

(and he doesn't speak for sfld smashers!!!!)

@Mojo: I know white people steal, but there's nothing to steal in that area. If they were gonna steal something they'd go to the gamestop on the opposite side of the strip not planet x's parking lot.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Glad it just wasn't me that thought something along those lines. My parents are overly cautious about everything.

OneFastFord

Smash Cadet
What up yall................been a while, but just stoppin in to say hi to anyone left on here that knows me. Also im in southfield maybe make an appearance one day, give me some details on times and location.

Whos on xbox live? My gamertag is Doc Doom XxXxXx. Get at me

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Several of us are going to PlanetX this wednesday around 5:30-6:30. It's in your hood, so you could probably make it pretty easily, although your location says detroit, but your post says southfield. the place is in southfield.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
idk how many of us are actually going / have rides. Randizzle and i *probably* are going at 6 or something, I think Ankoku is going. Other than that i've just heard of ppl being like: "i want to go but i need a ride" (i'm in that group, so don't take it negatively).

RapE

Smash Ace
who are all of these people???

O.F.F. wow i just realized that spelled off lol

anyways jeez man haven't seen you in a while

oh and mike can't catch a level 6 larvitar with an ultra ball scrub

~AS Money

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
uh well i might play this game this weekend.

i dunno im thinkin about it.

scotu/randizzle/ankoku... you guys 21 maybe ?

Top Bottom