• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

RapE

Smash Ace
did you drive all the way back? we were here at 3:30.

and i am not suprized no one showed lol ito is it cuz last week we never came?

you can still come if you want we will give you a door prize i guess lol maybe...???!!!

i am an ideot and this is a little late but my number is (989)708-8378

alcoady

Smash Ace
Hey guys, this GR thing is turning out to be a pretty good showing, we already have 20+ not including me and my posse, I know it's only 1 weeks notice but you guys from ann arbor, ypsi should try to make it. ( wouldn't blame the midland guys for not showing :/

Randizzle

Smash Ace
considering all the times you've made it out to ann arbor, we definitely owe it to you guys to go to the GR thing.

The problem is that scotu and I don't have rides as of now, but if I can get a ride I'll definitely be there.

Anther

Smash Champion
Hey guys, this GR thing is turning out to be a pretty good showing, we already have 20+ not including me and my posse, I know it's only 1 weeks notice but you guys from ann arbor, ypsi should try to make it. ( wouldn't blame the midland guys for not showing :/
If anyone in the area can ride me up I'll pay my part in gas :B.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Lain would it be possible for me to get a ride also I will pay my part in gas also

I live in Detroit right below Warren, Mi on 8mile road I could give u an address if needed

or i could me u somewhere and get pick up from there

pm me plzz ty

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
-Acro- neither did I...lol not showing up to a smashfest inyour own town ftw.. I can't wait for brawl so we no longer need to travel

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Hey Rash! With finals this week and all were we still gonna have a Smashfest this Wednesday? I hope so. It'd be a great way to blow some steam before my Calc III final. :-O

Markus Aralius

Smash Cadet
Hey Ankoku i agree with you on that. tourneys i expect will be live but jst being able to log on an play some one from across the state/country sounds so awesome

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
O_o is that smash at ltu still on?
Affirmative. See my signature below for info. Friday 5:45 until 11 (possibly 12 or whenever they'd kick us out.)
We'll have two big screens and a mid size tv. I only have 1 copy of smash though, but i aslo have a cube and a wii. So i'll be needing 1 more cube and another 2 copies of smash to make full use of the tvs

@Russ. Sure I'll bring it in. what time are you going to be up there on Wednesday? It might end up just being me and you unless vt7 is around this week. I don't have a final until like 9pm on Wednesday, so if you have a final earlier in the day i could haul it up after your calc 3.

i'm kinda reluctant to see the advent of brawl. it's like the dawn of a new era, and nobody will play melee anymore. Of course, that's probably not true since people still play the smash64... i'm just being sentimental since that means i'll never see any of you bums again (in person). :)

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
heh, my calc exam is on thursday so that's a bit of a moot point. (wish me luck on my physics and CS2 exams today!)

I also feel someone sad about people not getting together as often for fests. Online play usually results in playing with too many people you don't know and 12 year olds screeching into microphones about how much you suck after you win. Sigh... Call me old school, but it's just not the same as sitting around one screen with several of your school chums beating the crap out of each other or finding other people in your local area to play. There's just something about that face-to-face interaction that makes it better... more human.
Well, there's my 2 bits. :-D

Valban

Smash Apprentice
psshhh, if you don't see us again than that means none of us or you will no longer be attending the tournaments. Not unless you can put money online and whoever wins 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd gets the money. I mean people hook up for tournament halo. Microsoft has the best online as well so ya. I'm excited for online, it means that i can play as much as i really want :). Although i sorta need a wii so maybe I'll be more pissed than excited when it comes out...

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
im coming friday to LTU, and bringing a cube...i can bring two copies of smash and stuff too, if nobody else is going to bring one.

and hey, brino, where do you live? pm me and lemme know if you wanna go to the smashfest on friday, i could probably pick you up if you need a ride.

lain

Smash Master
okay you too. haha.

this time i'm not gonna walk in and immediately challenge you like a moron. haha. that taught me that warming up IS essential.

ItoBandito

Smash Apprentice
See, the thing that you all seem to be overlooking about Brawl is how completely unfeasable high level play would be online. When have you ever played a game with less than 4 frames of lag? Seriously, that would make it impossible to L-Cancel unless they make it have more of a window. Either the game is going to suck or the online is going to suck. Welcome to having to travel anyway.

Besides, some of us like hanging out with people. Then when the annoying little kids are being dumb we can hit them.

Lain, since when do you have to warm up your C-Stick down?

D_B_S

Smash Lord
.......omg its on friday.....I suppose to go see spiderman.......lol
I'mma have to make a tough decision but !!!!!!!! I will make one O_o

ummm...... So its not Wednesday right??? Just checking

and is the Grand Rapids thing still on?

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
We can still through a smashfest every now and then, but this way it's just more convenient for those people who can't make it to one, (or talk **** w/o going to one, (marthmaster)). lol but i have gone to every smashfest location possible except the 2hr + so I can attest to the difficulty of these things to the average poor man.

Top Bottom