• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

lain

Smash Master
HAHAHAHA ka-student. i like that one actually.

yeah petre i figured you were the ganon. :D i just wasn't sure. yeah you're pretty solid with him. so you're going to ****'s smashfest too?

Dope's right. suddenly michigan is getting pro-active about smashing more then usual. a strange but welcoming change.

RapE

Smash Ace
Markcus you should come to the midland, MI smashfest this saturday its one page back if you need location and time

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
Kail, are you included in the people that bigy would bring to a GR smashfest? what is Grand Lan?

Lain, I take it you would be willing to come out to GR for a smashfest right? would you be able to bring anyone? You should convince anther to come out here with you.

Markus Aralius I assume you're interested in a GR smashfest too?
I live in Caledonia so if you wanted to play sometime then let me know.

Ok so we are up to about 16 people, give or take, interested in a Grand Rapids smashfest. If anyone is interested put a post up or if anyone knows anyone near GR send them to this thread.

Butters

Smash Apprentice
why does MI just now start getting ppl interested in smash lol.
Tell me about it, Grand Rapids has a scrub crew now? Maybe a little SEMI vs. GR when butters comes back as a super saiyan special ops commando this winter?

Markus Aralius

Smash Cadet
oo also to add to this...i have 4 friends who would love to play also. this weekend wont work because i have prom, but next weekend would be good.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
A smashfest is when a bunch of people get together and play a lot of Smash in a single location.

MrMojoRisin

Smash Apprentice
When and where is that GR smashfest? I would really like directions to get there if it's any day besides the 4th or 5th.

I could bring a couple people who are mediocre and looking to improve.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh wow what the **** is this ****

anywaystheres not a chance in hell im playing smash in the next 3 weeks

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
Basically we are trying to find enough people and a possible location to have a smashfest in Grand Rapids so if anyone is interested then put a post up saying so. I think right now we have 20+ people interested so we just need a location. We could shoot for may 12th. I have a possible location but I need to make sure first, but if anyone has a possible location put a post up and post if you could come out to Grand Rapids on the 12th.

Markus Aralius

Smash Cadet
Hey guys all of you interested in coming to GR.

do you guys have any vids of yourselfs playing?? id love too see how good you guys are. to forwarn you tho im still trying to learn the WD. :(

any way thx for that hope to see you guys on the 12th...

oh and that reminds me...our school may behosting a smash tourney/smashfest on the 12th and its open so any one is wealcome.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Here is a video of me against Fallen. Of course, not a very accurate display, since Link has a clear disadvantage against Sheik.

Grand Rapids is, unfortunately, way too far away for me to just go there on a whim.

If anyone's interested in Smashing over in Troy this Saturday afternoon, PM me.

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman

lain

Smash Master
ah you're boyr, fallen c. you're link is pretty good. i used to get some good practice with links but ka-student changes his main. i generally find fighting links annoying though. >> << it's friggin hard to get through the ******** barrage of projectiles. we should do a straight up rematch. it was really close

also, does anyone know how to get our gamecube playing in our van? we have the three plugs like, built into the front of the car which is pretty cool, so we could play it on the built in tv, but how do we get the power hooked up? any special wirse? any place i should go for these things?

Markus Aralius

Smash Cadet
get a power adaptor, you can get um for like 40$ at like radio shack.

i did this with my wii driving to atlanta with my fam. haha twilight princes and melee the whole way down

RapE

Smash Ace
Scrubs to fellow scrubs are page has went to hell also for the new people NO JOHNS come to my smashfest tomorrow and get pwned i will play you for money :) if you like

lain

Smash Master
: / I'm no scrub.

and yeah we're coming for sure. me, ka-student, and sheepy

also, is midland some... mormon based town. or at least highly religious? i could have sworn we saw like 9 churches while being lost there.

lain

Smash Master
the best city is the city that had a gas station talk to us while we were getting gas. it's smart marketing, but it's creepy.

"hi could i interest you in our lord and savior, jesus christ?"

scary stuff.

RapE

Smash Ace
Well before midland goes anywhere you have to come to us. Also BIGY AND ANTHER COME TO THE FEST end of story

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey...

do dope or any of the other 21+ people want an Xbox360 (premium)? w/ 2 controllers

hmm?

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
heh, looks like i'm not going... couldn't find anyone around here who wanted to head up there with me. everybody's got jobs now! what is happening here!?

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
come to LTU next friday. it's in southfield so it's not nearly as far. should be having it from like 5:30 til 11 or so. I'll post more about it no later than tuesday

Dopey

Smash Lord
only if it works sheepy, and i get a game wit it :chuckle:

but i might jus save my moneys dunno, i want a wii now =(

D_B_S

Smash Lord
who all lives near detroit

because we smash at Wayne State University and

seeing school is out we have the student center to our own

Top Bottom