• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Butters

Smash Apprentice
You guys are freaking poons man.

Why can't you guys be like me? And cross boundries on a daily basis?

Doppleganger

Smash Rookie
I'm currently waiting for the father to answer his phone so that I can confirm driving out to Southfield. I'm about to just go.

In comes my second issue, I need someone to go with me. Partially to help me figure out how to get there, I'm thoroughly ******** when it comes to finding the proper direction.

I've got another 35 minutes of frantically calling the ******* and trying to get one of my douche friends to come with me. If I haven't heard anything by 3:30 - 4:00 I can't make it. But I'll grab my cube before I leave if I can go.

Just waiting.

Doppleganger

Smash Rookie
So far I've placed four calls and messaged nine people, all of which seem to be busy.

Not looking good. Not at all.

I'm probably going to have to duck out on today unless I have some kind of miracle throw at this point.

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, there is one in southfield at Planet X, 1v1s and 2v2s on the same day. May 19th, 1:00pm for 1v1s with 2v2s starting immedietly after 1v1s. It will be played on our projector, yada yada, will have an extra TV if the need arises like it did earlier this year. website: www.planetxgamecenter.com.

As always, anyone can come and play me up at planet X, just have to pay the projector fee. And yes, i'm putting money on myself. Naruto I hope you have been practicing, because me and Royce have both gotten MUCH better than we were. In 2v2s we are next to unstoppable.

On another note, Royce has a video capture card now and we will be recording our casual matches for all to enjoy. Trust me, you wont be disappointed.

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
we need to get a smash fest going in Grand Rapids. If anyone is near GR put a post up to see if we can get enough people. I can make it GR and I have a friend who would also play, so thats 2 so far.

Anther

Smash Champion
Lain!!, I had a cube, could've extended it, but I had to go anyway...
Until halfway home I'm told I'm not needed anymore... so... yeah >_>.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
haha anther, that sucks...

lain, you should have still showed up, dopple showed up finally, and we played until about 7...that makes 6 people total that went. horray!

and rash, im probably good to go next friday...hopefully there is a little bit of a better turnout.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

lain

Smash Master
i'm sorry firebrand but those rules are fuxing horrible. i foresee no one going to this.

yeah i wanted to show up, but i had a problem with ride. sooo yeah. : /

petre i don't quite remember you. who are you? any thing i should particularly remember?

and ito, is there a smashfest this weekend at your place? i might try and make it there with 1 or 2 friends.

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, i didn't get a chance to play more singles matches with you guys. I came back there right after my test at around 7, musta just missed you guys walking out. so is dopple any good? decent? so-so? hopefully he's better than sense of direction and preparation! oh, snap! hopefully, i'll get a chance to play him if he's free next friday.

Once again, thanks for coming petre, anther, and dopple! Sorry more people didn't show up... but there's not a great deal i could do about that. I guess I could say something like "Hey, i've gotten a lot better and no one will be able to beat me ever again" but i prefer to keep it real. Hopefully, you guys had enough fun to justify making a trip out there next friday.

alcoady

Smash Ace
A gr tourney or smashfest would rock!, it'd be nice to only drive one hour for a change :), i know of about 7 or 8 guys who would for sure go...alot of my friends have been wanting to go to another tourney soooo...it'd be sweet if we could set somethin up..yeah...i could bring about 8 guys tho....i rule

alcoady

Smash Ace
hey anther, our vids are up...hehe check out my SWEEEEET samus...i'm too good for words....not really.....but seriously.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8187583030813965018&q=U+of+M+smashfest&hl=en

for the record, i love C.Falcon

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5883233163983063699&q=U+of+M+smashfest&hl=en

BTW anther, that last match on corneria...you played like a straight Genius...all the crap i said..i take it back, we HAVE to team...we would sincerely kick mucho mucho nut sack......yeeeeah....

Doppleganger

Smash Rookie
Actually, petre gave me a handful.

As time progressed I began to fight well against him, but I was nervous as hell. That was my first match against someone competent, lol. My mind locked up when I noticed he wasn't just a sitting duck like everyone else was.

It was a bad one for me, you didn't miss much. I need time to adapt to better people. Plus, I'd recently had a falling out with some of my best characters, for some reason it just doesn't feel like I'm playing up to par. So I came today a bit burnt out on smash.

Next time we meet I hope I have my cool under control. And my god **** advanced techniques not so shifty, christ. It was a pleasure meeting Anther, Petre and Rash, though. Can't say when I'll be around next, but by then I'll have regained my composure.

Major kick in the nuts today.

RapE

Smash Ace
Smash fest at my house if anyone is interested:

Saturday
May 5, 2007
4915 Universal Dr Apt 8
Midland, MI 48640

2-Whenever

Also bring cubes i have three TV's

Anther

Smash Champion
hey anther, our vids are up...hehe check out my SWEEEEET samus...i'm too good for words....not really.....but seriously.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8187583030813965018&q=U+of+M+smashfest&hl=en

for the record, i love C.Falcon

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5883233163983063699&q=U+of+M+smashfest&hl=en

BTW anther, that last match on corneria...you played like a straight Genius...all the crap i said..i take it back, we HAVE to team...we would sincerely kick mucho mucho nut sack......yeeeeah....
XD stfus.
There was a lot less jolt spam than we both seemed to remember XD. I liked those 10 second intervals where we're just attacking and dodging at the head of the ship with no damage being exchanged >.>. That's the only match I've seen with your falcon getting no cool combos off =p.

**** right on the team! Next tourney we both show up at, team "Big Red Ant"'s taking the gold.
or maybe instead of a Red Ant, it could be a black ant.. you know.. cause the black thang... ha ha ha .. right??? :D???? cept black ants bite's don't hurt..

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
i'm tempted to come up there. You guys have been coming down here so god**** much, it's time to return the favor if anyone is willing to tag along. Anyone from southeast want to waste a saturday going up to midland?

@Dopple: glad we didn't disappoint you :)

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
for the gr smash fest we have me bringin 1 other, bigy bringin 8, and Ito bringin a couple before may 20. so thats about 14 before may 20, 11 otherwise. we could still use a few more people who are interested and a place to play. I'm friends with a local blimpy's owner so he may let us play there until late. there's a big screen tv already and plenty of space. otherwise if anyone else has a place that we can play at then that would be good.

so for anyone who hasn't seen the first post:
smash fest in Grand Rapids, if anyone is interested then put a post up.

lain

Smash Master
ok so i know what the hell is going on:

what smashfests are going on? ****'s is friday, and that's all i know so far.

i'm more likely to make a smashfest this saturday though with a friend.

grandrapids smashfest doesn't sound that bad actually

Kail

Smash Lord
Hm, I live in Grand Rapids but my apartment is currently empty. Meaning no chairs no tvs no cubes nothing. Plus my apartment is very strict on noise so I doubt that'd be possible. Grand Lan might be able to be rented out if we are serious about this. Or just going and paying the fee for free play.

P.S. Anther I represent the same part of Michigan, I'm just too lazy to post anything.

RapE

Smash Ace
My Smashfest is SATURDAY as in this Saturday so come if you want bring as many people as you can bigy you should come it would be sweet also anther

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
id probably come saturday, im not doing anything...ill bring a cube if i come.

lain, i only played you at mi unite 1, so you might not remember me.

and dopple, youre not too bad, you just gotta get out and play other people more often. oh, and i recommend getting a new controller...

alcoady

Smash Ace
drape,( or is it ice now? ) i may go, the only thing holding me back is the fact that i don't want to drive 4 hours....as much as i want to play you again, that drive is gunna really, really......reeeeeeally suck.

lain

Smash Master
i'm going with luigi ka-king. : |

petre, did we play in a a friendly, or a tournament match? and who was the victor? i'd rememebr that

E

Ezac

Huzzah.. What to choose.

Who will win? Ka-Student? (I dont want to take on the master yet)
Lucy perhaps? Maybe Up-B1?

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY. My Zappa could take your pickachu!

Markus Aralius

Smash Cadet
hey guys todays my first day on the forum. im from Grand Rapids Michigan. well actualy East Grand Rapids. im looking for some higher competition. all the people here are terrible and is disableing me from improving my skill. i would love to come smash with some true competitors.

i play as sheik. btw

Kail

Smash Lord
I'm from there too, I'll be gone this weekend, but after that I'm free for most the summer except for GenCon and hopefully FC-7

Top Bottom