• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

ItoBandito

Smash Apprentice
Midland, you guys should make it for sure. Bring the Flint guys. Or something. Either way, bring yourselves. This is shaping up to be epic. Like, possibly 10 people just from the Lansing Area, but at least 6. You guys should come show us how its done (and get some red hot owning from Trail).

Acro, I still have to play you while you are sober. And **** too, I think.

Joel and Dope, come out and smoke some. Another low tier tournament mayhaps?

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
Anybody from my area (i.e. Dope or NoJ) if you guys are going let me know so I can either bum a ride (with gas money, of course) or provide a ride to Lansing on Friday. I'm good for after 5:30 on friday.

Acro

Smash Ace
well i thought we were going to ohio this weekend but if thats a no go then we will prob be able to make it to lansing... its always too good there.. haha I wont be drinking this time so no more vomiting.. anybody who wanted to play me sober can lol.. oh **** i just realized your fest is friday and not saturday.. well if you guys wanna have one saturday WHILE your having your party and dont mind video games being played you could make a massive party/smashfest and then midland could prob come too if no Ohio

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hey, just letting ya'll know i might be in michigan for a weekend where i can smash (plus some time with a friend of mine) at some point this summer, i really have no details as of yet, and i'm not really guaronteed, but i'll keep ya'll posted as i get details!

i'd love to get the chance to play some more people woot woot

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
if anyone here plays halo 2 there will be a 2 v 2 halo 2 tourney at my school (so no drinking or smoking) even though its not a school run event, on march 24. Its about 20 minutes away from ann arbor. pm me if youre interested and want more details

by the way first place team gets $300 and 2nd place gets $150 :)

ill post this again at a later date in case other ppl miss it

Dirj

Smash Apprentice
umm ok.......... but acro if u guys go to lansing can you guys come to my house so i can follow yall there

AS Money

Smash Lord
ohio hmm lots o money to waste going there maybe we should go to lansing

and first mesa now gimpy say they are coming to Mi WTF

ItoBandito

Smash Apprentice
Alright, looks like we have 4 TVs/Cubes from Lansing (I think) and with vehicles we could easily get more, I suppose. Probably around 10 people will make it from Lansing, possibly even more, so a tourney or two wouldn't be out of the question. If people can bring a TV/Cube that would be awesome. Anyone from out of town that wants to crash and play more on Saturday is welcome to, and if you wanted to stay saturday night so you can party, that would be cool to.

Quick, someone fetch me some good Smashers so I can get in some practice!

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is willing to head out to Lansing with me tomorrow at around 6pm, if you are on the way and willing to chip in for gas, i will drive. Probably stay there til something like 2AM (or later) or will crash there depending on schedules.
Check Google Maps to see if you are in between Great Lakes Crossing and Lansing and let me know before 4:30PM tomorrow.

Acro

Smash Ace
lol two full days of smash might be too much and I love lansing haha plus there is a cap on people going to ohio and If i go there the drive is farther + I know i'll lose even more money entering the tourny while lansing is just plain fun and much closer.. Midland will most likely be in lansing saturday night.

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
666 posts from Acro... i don't know if i want to go anymore

why weren't you guys going up there on friday again? i want to play against midland some more

Gimpy, whereabouts in MI did your friend live and do they play smash?

Also, smashes have resumed at LTU on Wednesdays 1-4pm in room M208 in the Buell Management building so anyone who lives in the area is welcome to come. Some of the LTU guys are starting to figure the game out a bit so it should be an interesting semester.

Dirj

Smash Apprentice
yea ill try to make it be nice if i could find a ride but ill probably get lost n get there real late

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
need a ride, James? already hauling one other person over there. Gas split three ways is better than two. We can pick you up around 6 if you let me know before then.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha my friend isn't even IN MI yet, she is going for the summer and i'll likely stop by to visit.

i have no concept of when at this time haha

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
Ito, I just went back like 10 pages and I realized I don't remember you posting the location for this. Where the heck is it at, can anyone tell me please?

EDIT: Nevermind, like three pages back. I'm ********

Acro

Smash Ace
i love the lansing smash banner haha awesome... well we'll prob be there saturday wherever it is.. hopefully some people come saturday lol

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
I ****ing hate my life. Just when an interesting melee event happens, I get into a ****in accident. Tos make matters worse, insurance won't cover the bill so it's an out of pocket expense. Nobody can ****in tell me that there's a God now.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, my mom had a ****ING HEART ATTACK, and I'm going to El Salvador over the summer (highest crime rate in the western hemisphere, probably world) for two months, and I'm staying at a rickety *** house in Eastern San Salvador (highest crime IN El Salvador, which has an average murder rate ten times higher than the US').

And I'm coming on Saturday, if someone tells me when and where.

Dirj

Smash Apprentice
ill probably drive saturday unless midland comes and gets me since its on the way

AS Money

Smash Lord
we not going to lansing but theres always smash here

itos is not really a smash fest on saterday and its not all night so midland is staying put

Top Bottom