• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
happy birthday Mikey! I'll come up to CMU sometime... did you find anybody good up there yet?
Heyo, and thanks! I've been playing with a couple of guys up here and trying to help them get better. I'd say they'd be worth playing a few times.

happy bday mikey, hey are we still on for teams next tourney you go to?
Thanks, Joel. ^_^

As far as I know, yes. Though it'll be cool to see how far James/Dave and I get, a promise is a promise. This time, I won't forget about it.

And thanks to you, too, felicks!

EDIT: Why not. If anyone is able to give me a ride, call my cell. (586) 337 - 0807

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I go by Zero on teh interwebs and am an avid player of Melee. I was referred to this board as a place to find people of skill in my one of my favorite games of all time. I have reached the point where its becoming very difficult to find good people to play with, and want to extend an invitation to all who are good at this game to come and play some good matches with a person who is one of the local best. But I want to expand my horizons, and play with people who hopefully are better than I am.

I work at the Planet X game center. which is located in the heart of southfield, between 12 and 13 mile roads on southfield road itself. We will have to play on the hi def projector there, hope none of you guys mind =). You have to pay by the hour, but I will give discounts to people who want to play with me. I had a deal going on, where you play me for an hour, and if you beat me in over half the matches, I give $10 out of my own pocket to you. I was confident that I could beat anyone locally, but before I extend that offer to people on these boards, I want to test out the waters of the state competition before I start having to pay out for hastiness, lol.

Oh, and I never had to pay out. Ever.

Hit me up on MSN if you want to set something up outside of my work, my SN is Firebrand713 [AT] gmail [DOT] com. Look forwards to hearing from you guys!

RapE

Smash Ace
Lol well who do you play zero? and usually if you dont have respect not many people will come to you if we have to pay exspecially! have a fest or come to a midland smashfest on saturdays starts usually at 3pm till morning lol or people go home~

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's also closer competition in Lansing and Ann Arbor, or even right in Southfield.

I wouldn't rely on having people go meet you. You're going to have to go seek them out first. And by that I mean go to a Midland/Lansing smashfest.

And there are usually smashfests in Ann Arbor too but only Ann Arbor people go to them.

fel!cks ze reflecks

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I go by Zero on teh interwebs and am an avid player of Melee. I was referred to this board as a place to find people of skill in my one of my favorite games of all time. I have reached the point where its becoming very difficult to find good people to play with, and want to extend an invitation to all who are good at this game to come and play some good matches with a person who is one of the local best. But I want to expand my horizons, and play with people who hopefully are better than I am.
Hey can you give me any additional info about that tournament in Southfield on Sunday? I need some cash and if I can win a good amount there I might go, lol.

Dopey

Smash Lord
so basically we have to pay to play someone not as good as us? =/

maybe i should start chargin at my door? =p

if your gonna be playing smash somewhere other than someones house, it shouldnt cost $ unless its a tourny.

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
@Rash-Yeah I played him, and used to train with him as well. I have about as much trouble with him as I do with most of midland, so he's about at their level. Yes Midland is a level now. He's better than me no question.

As for the tourney, I'm pretty sure it's $10 to enter, at planet X on southfield rd between 12 and 13 mile, and I think winner gets like 50-70% of the pot. So the more people who come the more you win. I think second gets like 30% or so. I'll get more info on it.

But Zero (lol), definitely if you got time go to LTU's smashfests, it's worth it. You won't see me thre cuz I don't get out til 8ish.

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could get out there dude, but you know I work 40 hours a week! I work 3 to 9 every day except saturdays... when I work untill midnight. The reason I offered to have people come to me is because I dont have enough free time to go to other people. I would love to go to whatever you guys are talking about at Lawrence, but I probably have to work. What time would that be?

I know Naruto, me and him go way back. Hes one of the ones who played in our group before we pretty much went our own seperate ways. His Ness is **** good, but he loses to me on a regular basis. His doc aint bad either, but loses to Yoshi. I offered him that same challenge that I offered everyone else... and he decided that challenging me would be like throwing his money directly into my pocket lol. Sorry Zoma, but its true!

As for the tournie on sunday: 10 to get in, 5 goes to the pot from that, bring your own controller (lol), and all matches are going to be played on our Hi-def projector. You guys are all admittedly good, but as far as saying "A waste of time to come", why dont you come to: A) win money easily, B)Play the game that we all love, and C) meet some cool new people. I always laugh when people dont come to fighting game tournies because they say the competition "Isnt worth their time" because all I can think is: if I was that good, I would go to any tournament just to win free money. The only reasons not to come are distance and fear of losing.

I play with Yoshi, Link, Young Link, Ganon, Captain Falcon, Mario, and Shiek.

One question for oyu guys. I dont know the generally accepted rules for tournaments, so I went with the following:
No items
4 stock matches, 6 minute limit
All matches on Final D (I would like to change that to the accepted random stages, just need to know what they are)
Wave dash all you please
No game breaking glitches

Look forward to seeing you guys.

EDIT: You guys post too fast! I cant promise your money back man, but I can promise an afternoon of good times. I am having my whole crew of guys come up, with the notable exception of my BIGGEST rival who had some sort of work function that day that only happens once per year. He will be coming to the next one, and there will definetly be a next one.

Oh, and if this tournie gets a big enough turnout, we will be doing doubles next time.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
8 minutes, and randoms...

Pokemon Stadium, FD, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams?(preference usually), Battlefield, Yoshi's Story

It's been a while, but those are the usual randoms for singles, I believe.

AS Money

Smash Lord
@Rash-Yeah I played him, and used to train with him as well. I have about as much trouble with him as I do with most of midland, so he's about at their level. Yes Midland is a level now. He's better than me no question.
dont go compairing the last time you played us to us now its been a while naruto

and going to bed at 8am FTL i can bearly hit the keys on the **** keyboard it feels weird classes all day FTL aswell

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
fire/zero/gary... or whatever you officially go by. See my signature below for smash times at LTU. It's like 5 minutes from where you work, so please consider it.

Dirj

Smash Apprentice
i might come if i can get a ride........but its on the day of the superbowl i cant miss that

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, is he comparing you guys to the time he played you nearly a year ago?

'Cause if he is, this guy is uhh...not so good...

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
well, he might have played midland at LTU too.about a month ago.

Naruto, what time do you have school on Wednesday? I could see about extending the LTU smash time earlier so that I can get a chance to play against you every now and then.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Weekends are the only time Ann Arbor can get out...

So, are NeedleofJuntahh/Dope going to Midland? If so, that's where we'll go.

We (see: I) want to play you! If Dope/NoJ aren't doing anything, then we'll just go to Midland.

Acro has a nice house, by the way.

EDIT: I think I'm the only person with an orange name ever to post in this thread ;).

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
MAN! I have class all wednesday morning and work at 3 ><

Is there some kind of event going on that starts or lasts past 9?

Oh, and if you guys played Naruto about a year ago and thwomped him, than you wouldnt have a good indication as to how good I am, so I guess the only real way to show it is to play you guys! If you dont want to come up during the week, your best bet is to come up on Sunday for the tournie. I will be entering that tourny.

EDIT: To keep it simple, just call me Fire or Gary. I wasnt expecting someone I knew to be on these forums knowing who I was lol.

Double Edit: I forgot to mention, I have some variance on rules for the tournie. its Best 2 of 3, Winner MUST keep their character, loser may reselect. Hope nobody minds overmuch.

AS Money

Smash Lord
Best 2 of 3,loser selects stage Winner selects their character first, loser may select character second.

thats the way we usually do things after matches but it is your tourny so whatever

RapE

Smash Ace
Trail its not worth it come chill with midland seriously we miss your mexican craziness (TOR-TILLAS) man too good

D

Deleted member

AS$ - Way back in the day we used to do that with counterpicks. Instead of advanced slob counterpicks, it was just slob counterpicks. Winner has to stay, loser can change character and go random stage or keep character and pick stage. So it's not like doing that is unheard of or anything. Just thought I'd throw my useless random knowledge out there.

Justin - Are you out there???

ItoBandito

Smash Apprentice
Hrms...Smashfest at my place on Friday. Until I say otherwise, you can all assume they will be a weekly occurance. They will be starting at 5 PM from now on, and probably running all night. Everyone is welcome to crash for the night, assuming you are willing to put up with drinking, smoking, and all the random people that don't play Smash that hang out at my house a lot. Whatever.

Info:
Where: 303 North Francis, Lansing, MI, 48912
Number: (517) 285-3429
When: Fridays, 5 PM till whenever.
Rules: Don't be a ******. You can drink and smoke and whatnot, and generally have a good time.

If enough people on the boards want to have the fests on Saturday instead of Friday, we might be able to do that, but for now, Friday looks like it.

My net connection is still pretty sporatic, so don't expect me on AIM much, if at all. I'll probably be checking the boards at least once a day until Thursday, so I'll actually know whats going on unlike last time.

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
Oh man! I have mondays off! You should have had the guy (ron) call me. Can you make it up tomorrow? I start at 3pm, but I can get there earlier as I have nothing going on in the mornings. I have class all day mondays, I didnt realize you were going to come up!

Matter of fact we could meet up at any time in the morning. I will PM you and we can set something up.

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
@ Whoever,
I was one of the like 4 black guys who played smash. But for some reason I was on the noob cube, owning everyone cept for Olu, who was competition.

@Gary
I never got pwned, owned, or biffed by anyoen except for ****, and that was last year, if not longer than a year. I have the same trouble with them that I have with you: **** your *** til it's swollen, but just can't kill ya.

But yeah, sfld needs to go to more smashfests.

AS Money

Smash Lord
well what ever midland dose i will not be joining them i'll be up north sleding at 50 or 60 miles per the hour on a flat serface

Acro

Smash Ace
i just found out this thing is on sunday? wtf is that! superbowl>nub tourny I wont be there... and not that it matters but you better put on other stages than fd otherwise your handing the tourny over on a silver platter to hochi... not that anyone good other than him is prob going but seriously at least give people a chance!

Top Bottom