• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

i'm ordering domino's pizza with extra bacon, reminds me of my old smashfests

maybe i could have one in my new place. at least we wont get kicked out by the cops at 10 pm

also i have surround sound for my setup :denzel:

ALSO
is there gonna be a carpool going to RAIN from AA? i'd really like to go (smash 64!!!!!!!!!)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Gio the only MI carpool atm is Stewy's which is full (Stewy, Ksev, Ori, Xatic, Ally, Zinoto, WuvS)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Michigan, APEX registration ends tonight. If you are going, register! Michigan needs to go in full force.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Michigan, APEX registration ends tonight. If you are going, register! Michigan needs to go in full force.
Yeah I would have killed to go but putting a huge Down payment on getting my teeth fixed was more important. But I did get my goal of hitting up one OoS tournament this year which was legit.

Michigan better represent this year. I will be watching

Naked

With Flaming Hot Cheetos

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
People *****ed yesterday because they couldn't register. So they reopened but there is a $5 late fee iirc.

JTsm

Smash Master
People *****ed yesterday because they couldn't register. So they reopened but there is a $5 late fee iirc.
I mean, when APEX 2014 or w/e happens, nobody is going to take them seriously for registration. Nip it in the bud early.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I mean, when APEX 2014 or w/e happens, nobody is going to take them seriously for registration. Nip it in the bud early.
Its not even Apex's fault. It is really smash players being lazy ****s as usual. Registration is open for over 5 months, register in the last 2 days. I mean I registered with 3 days left and I feel bad.

Roller

Smash Legend
i'm ordering domino's pizza with extra bacon, reminds me of my old smashfests

maybe i could have one in my new place. at least we wont get kicked out by the cops at 10 pm

also i have surround sound for my setup :denzel:

ALSO
is there gonna be a carpool going to RAIN from AA? i'd really like to go (smash 64!!!!!!!!!)
I miss those smashfests...

Also. I want to go to RAIN as well.
I mean, this has happened for all 3 previous APEX tourneys, there already was no respect for the registration deadline. Hence this happening.
Its not even Apex's fault. It is really smash players being lazy ****s as usual. Registration is open for over 5 months, register in the last 2 days. I mean I registered with 3 days left and I feel bad.
Why do you feel bad? It doesn't hurt the TO staff to reg 3 days before the deadline... In fact, they probably prefer the late registrations; they make like $15-20 extra per person in comparison to those who registered when the tourney was initially announced.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may start legit hard-core training again starting either tomorrow or the 2nd.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Why do you feel bad? It doesn't hurt the TO staff to reg 3 days before the deadline... In fact, they probably prefer the late registrations; they make like $15-20 extra per person in comparison to those who registered when the tourney was initially announced.
I'm on staff and I didnt reg till the 3rd to last day. I also could have done my reg back in November but just procrastinated lol.

Roller

Smash Legend
Juggleguy is not the primary TO. The staff does not get as many luxuries.

I was technically a ref last year, but realized that there were no benefits, so I didn't bother applying this year.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yo so since there is less than 2 weeks till APEX, there should be a HUGE sf in Ann Arbor or in the SEMI area for legit APEX practice. I am going to begin my minimum 2 hours a day of training for APEX starting tomorrow and I want to see the rest of the state who is going begin training. Classes for me begin the 3rd (Thursday) but I am free all next weekend so would anyone be down for like a weekend of training?

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Zino and Ally want to meet in AA before we go?

for gas if its the 3 of us its $80 if we squeeze a 4th its $60 each

should take about 9~10 hours

W.C.N

Smash Lord
im okay with it its just my cars small so someones going to be uncomfortable

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think it's always better if people register early. Saves the TO anxiety for not reaching a certain level of turnout. And it's just better for planning venue/setups/etc. in general.

If there is a Brawl Smashfest in AA this weekend, would any Melee heads be interested in making it a dual fest? Who is even in town besides myself?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
hmm if anyone wants to buy my megabus tickets I'll gieb for 40$ the whole trip for Apex.

Basically you'd have a roundtrip from DETROIT to Philadelphia. Only problem is you should try finding housing in pittsburgh on wednesday at 10:20 pm till 6:30 am or so. Way back is better, you would need to stay in Detroit if you got no ride. Let me know.

and DRDN, can I just meet you in detroit n ride with you to AA?

Top Bottom