• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Kyle I have the $35 (I think it was) in an envelope for the next time I see you. I forgot to give you the cash and remembered when one of my friend's were talking about how awful Detroit is.
>Not sure if $35 is the right amount.
>Forgetting that he had to pay.
>Detroit.

So grimey.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
MK is in the game.

And it's nothing like Melee! It's supposed to be like Melee!!!!

Soooo baaaad.

:phone:
If mk is the game how come you never placed well with him? If they wanted to make another version of Melee they would of named it Melee 2.. Not suppose to be like Melee.

Apasher 3$ mm in Melee. I don't even play that game.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Brawl was supposed to be Melee 2!!!!!! It needs to be like Melee!!!!!!

MK is broken and needs to be banned!!!!

:diddy: and :olimar: are the worst characters in the game.

JTsm

Smash Master
Oh I didn't see your post Zinoto. Sorry about that. I guess I can PM you my address since I won't be going to anything smash related. Thanks a lot.

SoulPech

Smash Master
fun fact:

Brawl is supposed to have a different gameplay value than Melee. Think of Brawl a completely different game than it's older brother. I don't understand how or why Brawl is Melee 2. Also, wtf is Apasher trying to do.

If he's serious he's ********
If he's trolling he's ********.

Either way it's ********.

MJG

Smash Hero
That feel when you lose a -2/-3 MU and everyone calls it an upset. Hopefully you come out to stuff more, I'm better at doubles now so I'd like to try teaming with you sometime.

I was also not a fan of the bracket, mostly because I feel that there were a few ppl that made top 8 that I feel like I could have beaten, but I don't think I would have placed in money regardless.

I had an epitome game 2 vs Vex... If i just run away and throw needles, I do better, but its also not very fun.
Yea because MU johns are something to be considered. Its almost ****ing 2013. Don't listen to anyone jtsm. I honestly think mikey is pretty legit (just from playing him)

If all of MI ends up playing like Tech, LOE1, and MJG I'd cry.

I play the way that I play and get the best results from doing so. It's my personal best way of out smarting my opponents. I main Toon link. Complain more **** lmao.

Salt Factor will be at PS5. See you all there ;)

since

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is clearly better than Melee because it has more characters, stages, and items.
It also has more MOVES, have you even seen what a smash ball does?

I could probably beat all you scrubs at once, I've beat Subspace on intense without dying once and I have 20 kills in cruel brawl.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Honestly, people should just congratulate JTsm and move on. It's his first (to my knowledge) notable win. And yes, we can take into consideration that :snake: has a significant advantage over :peach: and that Mikey is pretty rusty from inactivity. The fact is, he's still a good player. By now, MU johns should be pretty minimal. I do often times forget that, but it's the truth. If main a character with several -2 or -3 MUs and choose not to play a secondary at all or one that best suits your main's problem MUs, then it's your responsibility. If I willingly play :dedede: vs :metaknight: and then go on about how :metaknight: is broken then that means I'm did not do everything I can to win. It comes down to how one gains the most satisfaction out of this game in the end but all of us have the ability to give ourselves the best competitive advantage possible. So as much as I ***** about :dedede:'s bountiful bad MUs, I still have to recognize that.

In addition, it's somewhat disrespectful to the player who won as well. It's not his fault that he mains :snake: and that his opponent mains :peach:. It just happens like that. If you don't want bad MUs go main :metaknight:.

Personally, I admit to struggling with this mindset but it's ********. We are only as good as the work we put in this game. It's just that for some of us, we have to put in more. It may be character-related, it may be the fact that you don't learn as fast as Zinoto for example. But after a certain point when you realize what you need to do to win and you're an established player, you have to make a decision about what you're going to do in your competitive career.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
By now, MU johns should be pretty minimal. I do often times forget that, but it's the truth. If main a character with several -2 or -3 MUs and choose not to play a secondary at all or one that best suits your main's problem MUs, then it's your responsibility. If I willingly play :dedede: vs :metaknight: and then go on about how :metaknight: is broken then that means I'm did not do everything I can to win. It comes down to how one gains the most satisfaction out of this game in the end but all of us have the ability to give ourselves the best competitive advantage possible. So as much as I ***** about :dedede:'s bountiful bad MUs, I still have to recognize that.

In addition, it's somewhat disrespectful to the player who won as well. It's not his fault that he mains :snake: and that his opponent mains :peach:. It just happens like that. If you don't want bad MUs go main :metaknight:.

Personally, I admit to struggling with this mindset but it's ********. We are only as good as the work we put in this game. It's just that for some of us, we have to put in more. It may be character-related, it may be the fact that you don't learn as fast as Zinoto for example. But after a certain point when you realize what you need to do to win and you're an established player, you have to make a decision about what you're going to do in your competitive career.
*looks at LOE1*

JTsm

Smash Master
Mikey beat keitaro. No johns. Me and Mikey already talked about what happened. Nbd.

Tech, you know what to do, but that's half the battle. I already know what I have to do for next season because Zinoto gave me some good ideas to get better. I would talk to him about improving a lot in MUs that are difficult.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I seriously think more people should take this piece of advice and get in to this mindset:

being bad at a certain matchup just shows you have a weakness to a certain tactic or lack understanding on parts of the game. like me always losing to diddy, i used to be terrible with items. now i'm not.

if you lose to a :marth: or something and blame it entirely on the fact that he used :marth:, and you dont recognize the other player's skills or your own weaknesses, you'll stay bad forever (hi michigan brawl)

ZTD | TECHnology

Btw guys...those Educational Smashfests I was talking about will be starting soon. I was thinking next Wednesday. All are welcome. I will also allow minors to attend and will personally speak with any parents if needed. Im pretty good at that.

I will make the thread soon.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Btw guys...those Educational Smashfests I was talking about will be starting soon. I was thinking next Wednesday. All are welcome. I will also allow minors to attend and will personally speak with any parents if needed. Im pretty good at that.

I will make the thread soon.
I love you.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Mhm! Actually, if anything I always learn something from losing much faster than from winning, and JTsm and I already talked about what happened during the match. He did well, I give him props, and he'll just have to keep up the pace now, which I'm sure he can. ^_^

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Sounds cool Derek. If things are Wednesday idk how long I'd be able to stay since I have class at 8am on Thursday and APEX meetings at 9 on wednesdays

LOE1

Smash Lord
but i wanna be one of dem playerz that doesnt need no gat tactic to win :|

ZTD | TECHnology

It's too late for you.

You play almost as gay as I do.

Once you go gay, you don't come back from that. You can pretend you're a hetero player but in the end...everyone's gonna remember your playstyle is about as gay as what I do in the bedroom.

:yeahboi:

JTsm

Smash Master
but i wanna be one of dem playerz that doesnt need no gat tactic to win :|
You main ****ing wario.

End of story.

Oh and Loe1, don't be ashamed to lose to a bowser main that is Vex. Vex is ****ing good. Just learn to CG and not underestimate/overestimate.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Oh and Loe1, don't be ashamed to lose to a bowser main that is Vex. Vex is ****ing good. Just learn to CG and not underestimate/overestimate.
^^^^^^ THIS SO MUCH.

You have no idea how aggravating it is to see posts saying "oooh, get ****ed up by a low tier" when they are not acknowledging the fact that the low tier user is a much better player than the person who lost to him. Same thing with people who get depressed because they lost to a low tier. It's so annoying.

JTsm

Smash Master
You should never feel satisfied with a loss, and always acknowledge why you lost. Losing to a Bowser and almost losing to a Ganon can be very demoralizing, but just understand why and improve from that.

Top Bottom