• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

JTsm

Smash Master
If I ever find that Jolteon bitty again, there shall be more eevee's.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Episode VI - RETURN OF THE DIDDY...

Julian "Zinoto" has returned to his home
planet of Michigan in an attempt to rescue
his fellow smashers from the clutches of the
vile gangsters East Coast Smash.

Little does Julian know that the APEX staff has secretly begun construction on a
new tournament even more powerful
than the first dreaded visit at Youmacon.

When completed, this ultimate tournament will
spell certain doom for the small band of
Michigan Smashers struggling to remove freedom from their scene...

JTsm

Smash Master
So after Youmacon and Detroit for being Detroit, I decided that I'm pretty much not going to do anything smash related for the rest of the year. I got a lot of School/Family priorities that I need to pay a lot of attention to. So I won't be going to PS5 or APEX unfortunately. As it is very fun to be with you guys, it takes a lot of energy and money to do come to these things (as most of you should know). So yeah, I'm just bringing this up to let all yall know that you won't get bodied by me in tourney for the rest of year :denzel:
But beating Mikey (2-0) is probably the best accomplishment for this tourney season, but w/e. He's still the better playa. :3

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah I actually 2-0'd him. I found a good way to move around him, but the last game was really close. If he would have taken me to game 3, I probably would have lost to nerves. lolol.

Roller

Smash Legend
You've done what I have not, and will never be able to accomplish. Good work.

btw, I just looked at the bracket. Xatic, your complaint about you and Tech having to play Mikey when you did was entirely not the TO's fault. There was an upset. Mikey was never meant to be there...

I don't see how you could blame the bracket maker for a contingency which even MI TOs would not have been able to anticipate.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I know Roller's point was at Xatic but my complaints about the bracket was about things like Tutu vs Kee Round 2 I think. Mikey knocking us out was unfortunate but had nothing to do with the TOs indeed. I lost to Mikey because he outplayed me...as always lmao. I was just seeing how some of the Smash regulars were playing each other round 1 and 2 when we had a lot of casuals ..lol.

But I'm strangely motivated again. Vex Kasrani is partially responsible. Gonna run with it.

Also, I plan on having a Classfest before PS5. All are welcome!

kd-

Smash Lord
Alright to bros that may concern, Carrollfest 3 announcements:

We are aiming to leave at 6pm Friday, November 9th.
Juggleguy and Gio - let me know where to pick you up in Ann Arbor
HIV and BloodyJoker - Come to Ann Arbor by 6pm or else tell me if I have to pick you up - PLEASE let this be a last resort

Housing is at Dempt's, ~3.5 hours away so we'll aim to get there ~10pm.

From Dempt's to the tourney is ~2 hours, doubles starts at 1pm.

8pm is scheduled for PA vs OH crews, of which we have no part in. Venue closes at 10pm. I do know how people like to play friendlies, so we can stay until venue closes or leave directly after bracket. The plan is to leave and drive directly back to Ann Arbor, getting us back anywhere from 1am to 3am or later (~4.5 hour trip back). The later we decide to leave, the more coffee/caffeine I will have to ingest and the more likely I will have to stop for bathroom breaks (small boy with a small bladder). If we want to go with them to EatNPark afterwards, which I guess is per tradition there, we can do that, HOWEVER this makes me a little nervous depending on how tired I am to drive back and how much caffeine I can put in my body.

If you need to contact me, 586-747-6192 will work as well as on here. Let's do it guise

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Chad, picking up James/Richard in Bloomfield would add over two hours to the trip, especially during rush hour, just sayin. They definitely need to get their ***** to Ann Arbor first.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
It's not hard to beat me, guys. I suck and am out of practice.

Nonetheless, good on you, JTsm, and it was good to see who I could at Youmacon. Hopefully I'll be able to see more of you again soon.

It's not hard to beat me, guys. I suck and am out of practice.

Nonetheless, good on you, JTsm, and it was good to see who I could at Youmacon. Hopefully I'll be able to see more of you again soon.
That feel when you lose a -2/-3 MU and everyone calls it an upset. Hopefully you come out to stuff more, I'm better at doubles now so I'd like to try teaming with you sometime.

I was also not a fan of the bracket, mostly because I feel that there were a few ppl that made top 8 that I feel like I could have beaten, but I don't think I would have placed in money regardless.

I had an epitome game 2 vs Vex... If i just run away and throw needles, I do better, but its also not very fun.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Kyle I have the $35 (I think it was) in an envelope for the next time I see you. I forgot to give you the cash and remembered when one of my friend's were talking about how awful Detroit is.

Top Bottom