• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

What's The Point

Smash Master
Damitton's smarter than you guys so you should chill.

I didn't like the bracket because it was left almost entirely in it's random Tio placing form. I don't know if the idea is that making changes would be arbitrary and bias, but it's all based on pools that are arbitrary and biased as hell. May as well go all the way. I am a fan of unnesseccary manual seeding.

But I didn't really feel like arguing it so meh. It's not like it was super unbalanced.

Also running a tournament is easy. Setting them up is the hard part.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I mean I had a blast, that's really all that matters to me. I always get a tough bracket at these, didn't really expect anything different. I did kinda tell Kevin that I wanted to play Reflex too lol, so I got what I wanted, just wish I would've won lmao. Also I'm not actually salty about how the placings worked out, it's just funny because we were talking about that on the way up there.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Damitton's smarter than you guys so you should chill.
???? Lol

We should chill? He is being an *** for no reason.

Worst part is he is trying to nit pick when he has no experience running a larger scale tournament. It isn't easy. You know that Kevin. Mistakes happen. Just move on, no reason to be a *** about it.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I admitidely didn't read his post. I just saw the headliners of "oh you do it" and ****ing yourself in response posts.

But no, running tournaments is so easy. 70% of the tournament runs itself. When you start getting past 100 people is when it becomes hard.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I didn't mean to be an *** but I voiced my opinion that the bracket was seeded poorly. Chi asked me to explain how I would do it so I did. I simply answered his question.

But I still don't understand why seagul was seeded as a first seed when he got second seed.

Also seeding a bracket takes 15mins. It's not that hard.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Its easy to talk **** and jump on another's mistakes.

But none of you have any experience hosting anything larger than 20 man events. You could just be a TO, run an event and that's that. From that perspective, yes Kevin.and Tom are totally right. Easy.

Some people try to put MORE into their events though. This isn't just running a tournament for some TOs. Its about creating an experience and atmosphere! And yes, we run the risk of increased human error and anomalies in the bracket. But we try because we actually give a ****. We cater to our attendees. We do everything we can within reason to satisfy everyone's needs. Shelling out that extra money for gas, hearing out peoples' issues. I try to do.it. And Clowsui does so give this man a break.

When you guys step up and host regionals successfully, come give us lessons. Until then, it's all needless ego tripping and speculation.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I'm the best TO in ****ing history and I taught Chi everything he knows I'm sorry Damittom do you even ****ing lift?

Maybe you could deadlift a marshmellow if you didn't hurt those twig arms keyboarding so hard you babby have you ever smelled a woman?

ZTD | TECHnology

It's just hard to see a friend taking so much flack mostly from people who haven't even been in the same situation. And this thread is not the place for this discussion period. I'd like to just move on personally.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
First off, The only thing I ever criticized was the seeding of the bracket. Other than that I can't say how the tourney was ran because I was not there, however, other than one hick-up that was out of his control it sounded like Chi ran a great event.

However, seeding a bracket and running a tourney are not the same, so people that keep telling me I should run a 75 man regional and then talk about seeding are dumb.
That's like saying cake is the best desert food in a conversation about the best flavor of ice cream, completely irrelevant to the topic of the conversation.

Seagull was a first seed. Fizzle lost to Ori and Seagull had a better win/loss.
In the results thread it has Fizzle as a first seed and Seagull as a second, so I am going off the information I was provided by the TO himself. If that is not true then Seagull was seeded correctly.

I'm the best TO in ****ing history and I taught Chi everything he knows I'm sorry Damittom do you even ****ing lift?

Maybe you could deadlift a marshmellow if you didn't hurt those twig arms keyboarding so hard you babby have you ever smelled a woman?
What is this... I don't even know what you're trying to say. Maybe you should work on your keyboarding.

ZTD | TECHnology

LOL.

Never again.

But it was awesome.

And honestly, you're right Tom. In the sense that seeding =/= running the entire event. But people associate all of it together when judging a YO and his event. And it takes more than 15 minutes to seed a bracket that size. Its not as simple as you're making out to be. So maybe I am "dumb" for comparing apples and oranges. And for that I will apologize. But if that's the case you're just as"dumb" for passing judgment with no experience.

Implementation =/= theory.

No need for insults because of a mistake, you know?

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I never intended to personally insult chi with my comment about his bracket. I was simply stating my opinion. However, calling people "dumb" after they called me "dumb" I see no problem in this, just returning the favor uknow.

And Implementation would not exist without the theory so.

ZTD | TECHnology

So you reference me and call me in dumb in a passive aggressive manner when my post doesn't even use the word once? Interesting logic there. I never insulted you, so if you're going to justify it from that angle, that's "dumb".

ZTD | TECHnology

I got mad because people have been slamming Chi's head against the wall all weekend and it continues here. I did kind of jump the gun because of other posts (not Tom's) , fused it all and responded. But that's not why I'm arguing now. And its ******** we're here arguing like this now period.

kd-

Smash Lord
I got mad because people have been slamming Chi's head against the wall all weekend and it continues here. I did kind of jump the gun because of other posts (not Tom's) , fused it all and responded. But that's not why I'm arguing now. And its ******** awesome we're here arguing like this now period.
Fixed. Smashers are silly :]

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Well Ive noticed that a lot of TOs dont know how to seed a bracket.

First off Zinoto should have been either where Darc or Delta-cod was at least.

But, for everyone's information when seeding a bracket you put the most likely to win players in the bracket first one in each corner so they play in winner's quarters. Then you take the next 4 highest and line them up so they will play the 4 already seeded in winner semis. Then the next 8 and so on. When making changes to avoid region and carpool games you only move the players that were placed at the same time.

SO lets look at Retribution.

Reflex, Shugo, MJG and Kain should have been seeded first. (they are the most acomplished players)
Your winner's semis should most likely be between those four.

Next you would seed for winner's quarters
Zinoto, Krystedez, Coney, and Kismet. These four players would play one of the previous 4 in winner's quarters
If your bracket lines up so that Kismet plays Reflex you would switch Kismet with one of the other 4 in winner's quarters

You would continue to do this with all of the first seeds then fill in the second and thirds wherever.

Please note the only player that should complain about a hard bracket in winners should be Seagul, because of his second seed in pools.

But there is no reason for Zinoto and Reflex to be playing at the same time matchups like Darc and Kismet are playing, or Coney and Delux or P1 and Krystedez.

Also why was Seagul treated as a first seed with a bye after he got second seed in pools. What is the point of doing pools if they don't matter.

Terrible job. Brackets aren't that hard to make people.
I got 1st seed fool.

:018:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
That is wrong for pools. Kenny who entered as Mysterion is listed in there as a 3rd seed when he got 2nd.

:018:

clowsui

Smash Legend
I messed up w the pools results

edit: Tom I understood your point and appreciate your input, that being said I stand by my argument that one error shouldn't ruin my bracket.

Top Bottom