• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I have a sick Reanimator deck lined up for the standard season if I ever get the time or money to finish building it. I have it proxied out at the moment play testing it and stuff.

My friend picked golgari and literally cracked vraska, rakdos, lolteth troll, and dreadbore. He really isn't that good at magic but myself and another friend tuned it up for him. He however didn't place well (idk how....) ;-;

Oh and now welcome to The Big Michigan M:tG Topic

Roller

Smash Legend
If you download magic workstation (MWS) you can play online with people for free.

Magic: the Gathering Online (MTGO) you have to pay for packs n' ****.

magicthegathering.com should have rules and whatnot. Though I doubt you're going to actually play. lol

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Peasant Storm :) (5 uncommons allowed, the rest of the deck = commons.)

Sorcery (18)
2x Compulsive Research
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Ideas Unbound
4x Rite of Flame
4x Tendrils of Agony

Instant (16)
4x Cabal Ritual
4x Dark Ritual
4x Manamorphose
4x Seething Song

Artifact (12)
4x Chromatic Sphere
4x Chromatic Star
4x Lotus Petal

Land (14)
4x Ancient Spring
4x Geothermal Crevice
2x Island
4x Sulfur Vent

rsr2

Smash Lord
If you download magic workstation (MWS) you can play online with people for free.

Magic: the Gathering Online (MTGO) you have to pay for packs n' ****.

magicthegathering.com should have rules and whatnot. Though I doubt you're going to actually play. lol
Another free software is Cockatrice

http://cockatrice.de/index.php?a=download

It's like Magic Workstation but I find it better. I just like the look of it. The problem is a lot of people on there are dumb. Like if you choose a format people will bring casual random decks. Then when you kick them they talk **** >_>

Now MTGO is actually the best place to go if you want to improve because once you have a deck on there, you can play anytime and the players are so much better than playing those that are on Cockatrice or MWS.

Roller

Smash Legend
Well I only played with other serious players on mws. We had a playtest circle where each of us would run 3 of the top decks in the format, to learn the matchups from each perspective; and what the weakest (read: easiest to disrupt with sideboard/maindeck tech) points were to each deck for each matchup.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I would actually not get entirely lost. I've been following the Pokemon TCG scene for the past 3 months.
Oh damn, I forgot you actually wanted to potentially get in it. Do you have any ideas of what you might run if you play?

Currently I'm running Hammer Time

Tennet

Smash Champion
Cockatrice isn't very good for learning the game since there are no restrictions so you can do illegal stuff.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Honestly it isn't THAT complicated to learn the game.

The complicated part comes in when you decide to start playing competitively.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Honestly it isn't THAT complicated to learn the game.

The complicated part comes in when you decide to start playing competitively.
Yeah compared to other card games such as WoWTCG, LotRTCG and Star Trek TCG, MTG is a lot less complicated. It just takes a lot of time and effort in order to improve.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Literally 27 points away from claiming a coupon from Poweruprewards. And I maxed out all my Kongregate bonus points. Soooo salty. I do not wanna do that stupid Game of the Day crap for 3 to 5 days to get the points. :salt:

Top Bottom