• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Roller

Smash Legend
Zinoto actually was a cocky little prick when he first showed up. I think Tutu beat it out of him.
I mean. I did use the word "unwarranted" before ego. Zinoto placed top 3 at his first tourney, one day after his first smashfest. Then won the next tourney.

Also. He beat Juggleguy in Melee with Mewtwo.

It was warranted.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Zinoto actually was a cocky little prick when he first showed up. I think Tutu beat it out of him.
i remember when i first started playing...tutu gave me the 'notra treatment'.

what a horrifying treatment.

welcome to the scene new dude, nice to have some older people joining the scene. Maybe the smash bar scene will actually pick up

:kobe:

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, it would be nice to see the smash scene raise the bar.

And have someone in the scene pass the bar.

And yeah. Alcohol.

Also. I apologize in advance for my character...

JTsm

Smash Master
Welcome to the scene, Dekrem.

Just to let you know, don't be surprised if people want to go hard on your Olimar. Everybody hates him (except Ori_Brah). lol So expect a lot of things to come at ya.

Dekrem

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the scene, Dekrem.

Just to let you know, don't be surprised if people want to go hard on your Olimar. Everybody hates him (except Ori_Brah). lol So expect a lot of things to come at ya.
Well that's surprising. Why all the hatred?

JTsm

Smash Master
Olimar is just too good. Shattering the metagame in every direction.

Nah he's just very difficult to play against.

Dekrem

Smash Cadet
Olimar is just too good. Shattering the metagame in every direction.

Nah he's just very difficult to play against.
I guess he's pretty confusing, esp. when three of his moves look the same. But I figured the relative ease of taking him out once he's off the edge would make up for that. Oh well, whatevs.

@Dekram: Because olimar is dumb, he is stupidly hard to approach, mistakes against olimar can cost in the upper 40%'s, and he kills at 80.

Meanwhile he only has to approach maybe Falco, approaching olimar on the ground is insanely difficult, approaching him from the air is impossible except for MK who still has a really difficult time.

And he's not really that hard to play, anybody can pick up olimar and pivot grab/Upsmash OoS and do well.

His only flaw is his recovery which is still really good if you do 3 things correctly. DI well, save your jump, and whistle.

Zyth is really bad at all those things and can't Jump canceled Upsmash out of shield, which is why he gets bodied and thinks the character is fair.

Btw nice to meet you, I'm tutu, I main sheik and am eternally bitter when I lose to people I consider worse than myself because they main a character that +3's me. I also have a tendency to excaggerate, but when it comes to MUs I'm always right.

kd-

Smash Lord
Zyth is really bad at all those things and can't Jump canceled Upsmash out of shield, which is why he gets bodied and thinks the character is fair.
Shots fired?
Btw nice to meet you, I'm tutu, I main sheik and am eternally bitter when I lose to people I consider worse than myself because they main a character that +3's me. I also have a tendency to excaggerate, but when it comes to MUs I'm always right.
No johns, play the matchup or switch characters. Tutu's a chill guy though

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Oh sorry for this being a day late. BAMF is officially cancelled on the 28th. I am helping a friend move to GR that day. I am in the works with Gamers Gauntlet now about hosting there in the future. I will continue my search for a truly relaible venue in West Bloomfield.

But yeah Just an update thats a day late.

Now everyone go see Dark Knight Rises

:phone:

Dekrem

Smash Cadet
@Dekram: Because olimar is dumb, he is stupidly hard to approach, mistakes against olimar can cost in the upper 40%'s, and he kills at 80.

Meanwhile he only has to approach maybe Falco, approaching olimar on the ground is insanely difficult, approaching him from the air is impossible except for MK who still has a really difficult time.

And he's not really that hard to play, anybody can pick up olimar and pivot grab/Upsmash OoS and do well.

His only flaw is his recovery which is still really good if you do 3 things correctly. DI well, save your jump, and whistle.

He can't overall have THAT much advantage over everyone else, then he wouldn't be like...what is it...#8?

*double-checks tier list*

Whathewhosidawhen did Olimar become #2?!

@chad: Part of maining a bad character is losing to people that you wouldn't otherwise lose to had you been equally good with a better character. I can accept this fact and still be bitter when it actually happens.

Olimar is a really defensive character in a game where approaching is already insanely risky and difficult. If his recovery was actually bad he'd be much worse, but then again considering how hard it is to even touch olimar in the first place, let alone get any kind of significant damage on him, he would still be really high on the tier list.

LOE1

Smash Lord
but wario can approach in the air fairly easily if spaced well :yeahboi::wario::yeahboi:

also...SOMEONE GIVE MEH A RIDE TO RAGE! kthx

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Dark Knight Rises is probably the greatest film I have seen since The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. By god it was absolutely phenomenal. I highly suggest going and watching it as soon as humanly possible.

There will be a signature involving The Dark Knight Rises in the next day le next few hours.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm not gonna lie. I was a bit disappointed with The Dark Knight Rises.

Without spoiling much, there are about 4-5 small plot twists in the second half of the story, and they were all very predictable. Maybe I've watched too many Nolan films or something, but I'm shocked at how easy it was to catch the intended surprises. Almost all the others in my group who watched it with me tonight agree. The movie also suffered from too much expository dialogue and not enough developed scenes that let the audience interpret and figure things out. And the final act of the story is a carbon copy of the final act in 24 Season 2. Batman may as well have been Jack Bauer for a good stretch there.

All in all, still a very good movie.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I kind of forgot about the whole Art Fair thing. I now much rather have the people I'm taking stay at my place on Friday night. Otherwise I'll have to wake up earlier in case there is traffic and then everyone else will have to wake up earlier.

JTSM you may want to consider a similar deal.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yooo Michigan I hope everyone is ready to hype each other up to the max tomorrow. We are gonna be half the attendance so we better do some work :)

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
kevin ill know if im coming tonight or tomorrow in a couple hours. I know you want us to be there tonight but if i come tomorrow itll be really early and i can skip over ann arbor traffic because i take the freeway right to plymouth so its all good i promise.

JTsm

Smash Master
Tutu: ON POINT :kobe:

Kevin: If we bring AA to your house, is it okay to spend the night? That way, I don't have to drive all over AA and just pick up HarmS in Saline.

What's The Point

Smash Master
JTSM that is fine. Though you may have to leave early. Gio/Will aren't responding and Thugz is being whiny about having to sleep outside of his bed on Friday so at this rate I'm waking up early to go pick them up early.

JTsm

Smash Master
Welp, looks like my carpool won't be able to anyways. Oh well. Except Zinoto. We'll be there around 8:30-9.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Kevin, I told M2K to team with you. You owe me ;)
See, this is a kind man. Even when he ditches a teammate he still pulls through. Though I will miss that 1st place.

Welp, looks like my carpool won't be able to anyways. Oh well. Except Zinoto. We'll be there around 8:30-9.
I did not catch that edit till now. So I guess I'm having a little bit of smash tonight.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah, I had to make sure I had everyone. I just responded to your text Juan, sorry. lol.

Top Bottom