• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I dont really think everyones goal is to beat japan. I think after seeing better players we now have an idea how we can improve ourselves, not just how we can beat the japanese because realistically that (if ever) wouldnt happen soon. The only people that matter when it comes to beating japan are top players, who dont care enough to want to actively get better than them. The only reason half them keep playing is money. Its not like the japanese are gonna come to all our big tourneys (like in other fighting games) and take all our money. If that were the case then maybe being better would matter, but it doesnt really -.-

Which reminds me (somehow) I got like 5 fortune cookies last night and i got a few that I think apply to some MI smashers.

Tech Chase- "A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up."
Gio- "Today you should be a passenger. stay close to a driver for a day"
Roller- "Are your legs tired? You've been running though someone's mind ALL day long"

Roller

Smash Legend
So, a couple of people have told me they'd like to try the japanese ruleset. I see some people have posted about it here as well.

Marco/Jon, would you guys come back out to tourneys if I were to hold MK legal japanese(or apex depending on popular vote) stagelist tourneys?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey Ori, how is it that I'm more knowledgeable on, of all things, the playstyles of the top Wario players than you are? lmao

zyth

Smash Lord
there is so much anger in this thread all of a suden lol. instead of gettin caught up on how the japanese sh***ed on us, we should just focus on now that apex is over, it is time to practice up again at SFs and local tourneies before the next big tournment. instead of talkin about all the details of whos better than who, and wat strategies to use on paper, we need to actually go out and play the game

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey Ori, how is it that I'm more knowledgeable on, of all things, the playstyles of the top Wario players than you are? lmao
:c I guess I should watch videos of warios lol. I played 2 aggressive :wario:s and practiced against a campy one hahah.

and zyth, I'd be more than down to start practicing regularly. You, me, Kenny should play more since we are all close.

Someone made a hilarious meme, its called Overexcited OCEAN

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
when i stopped playing tourneys were getting like 15 people and they were too tense, like for 15 people you would think more people would friendly each other. I was kinda sick of just playing jon the whole time considering I live with him. Roller you werent around so that was a deterrent considering I liked smashing with you.

My school life is brutal this semester and im working on some big research so its not that appealing right now. I would go to tourneys again if 1) more people were there 2) it wasnt so tense and separated 3) I had the free time. If tourneys were really fun and everyone was cool about them I wouldnt really care about mk. But not having mk would require lots of time on my part to practice another character so for now I wouldnt go to another.

probably my biggest pet peeve about tourneys though was how youd have to eat **** for WEEKS if you lost a match to someone. If people lose its always "I was SO CLOSE" and if they win its always "GET BODIED" and them running around telling everyone as if its the second coming. Like if its a hype match I agree, but if you lose take it like a man and if you win have some honor. There was like this backbone of gossip that is so easy to see right through

also I go through cycles with video games, I cant consistenly play a game forever. It gets boring. I have to take breaks and play some single player games -.- That was a main reason, i was sick of playing one game instead of many. If i were in high school and had the time for both it wouldnt be an issue

edit: my **** is huge

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Marco, I like what you did with that edit. I can agree with it.

and yes very few have witnessed the power of that :samus2:

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
I will probably never play brawl again in my life. If I came back to play smash it would be melee not brawl. I really only find starcraft fun as a competitive game as of now. To be honest though I did like brawl back when the community was much more chill and wasn't salty after every bracket match. I just wished you guys would have seen the light about competitive gaming back then. More gg more skill. Salt helps no one.

:phone:

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I will probably never play brawl again in my life. If I came back to play smash it would be melee not brawl. I really only find starcraft fun as a competitive game as of now. To be honest though I did like brawl back when the community was much more chill and wasn't salty after every bracket match. I just wished you guys would have seen the light about competitive gaming back then. More gg more skill. Salt helps no one.

:salt: :salt: :salt:

:denzel:

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord

yea i agree brawl sucks

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It's called "Edit Ignore List" and can be found under Settings & Options in your User CP. Peace and Tranquility acquired.

abu, your hero hbox made apex melee gfs more boring than ANY brawl set i've ever seen in my life.

seriously, how can you even joke about how brawl is gay and boring when melee has a grand finals set that lasts over an hour and a half?

i'm pretty sure i'd rather watch three hours of dedede dittos or something than that ****

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I learned something working at the EMG clinic this morning that I think you guys would appreciate. Turns out that temperature affects nerve conduction. If your hands/feet are cold (defined as less than 90F or 32C) then the nerve conduction velocity goes down and the amplitude goes up.

What this means is that playing when your hands are cold results in your fingers moving slower than they normally should.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
^ Hey, let's play Brawl sometime

:yeahboi:

I learned something working at the EMG clinic this morning that I think you guys would appreciate. Turns out that temperature affects nerve conduction. If your hands/feet are cold (defined as less than 90F or 32C) then the nerve conduction velocity goes down and the amplitude goes up.

What this means is that playing when your hands are cold results in your fingers moving slower than they normally should.
Actually, I learned that from playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band competitively.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
abu, your hero hbox made apex melee gfs more boring than ANY brawl set i've ever seen in my life.

seriously, how can you even joke about how brawl is gay and boring when melee has a grand finals set that lasts over an hour and a half?

i'm pretty sure i'd rather watch three hours of dedede dittos or something than that ****
its not hbox's fault that gfs were "boring" hes just playing puff

young link camping is the reason they were so long and campy, hungrybox cant really do much entertainig **** when armada just runs around throwing random crap at him

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

I actually knew this :o

I found it really interesting that Otori-san would play in his bare feet. Every set he would take his shoes off and play.
* when ever he did this he looked like L lol

Top Bottom