• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

AndyGarciasCousin

Smash Rookie
Yo annarborites

Im lookin for some new people to play with (been playing 64 for over a decade and i just recently started melee). I joined the um smash club but there aren't as many tournaments goin up as i hoped.

wut do?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We've had very few tourneys (none?) in the past month and a half due to the usual tournament organizers becoming busy with work/school/etc... but there should be plenty of tourneys next semester.

Next Brawl tourney: 12/18/11 (DRDN's World)
Next Melee tourney: 1/14/12 (SWEET V)

64 doesn't really happen much.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
That's right, the return of the legendary series that kicked off the revival of MI Melee.

Right now Travis and I are considering the following weekends:

SWEET V (1/14 at UM -- MLK weekend)
SWEET VI (2/11 or 2/18 at MSU)
SWEET VII (3/10 or 3/17 at UM)
SWEET VIII (4/7 or 4/14 at MSU)

AndyGarciasCousin

Smash Rookie
Shoulda figured nobody plays 64 anymore...

looks like i got about 10 years of melee to catch up on if i even want to try to compete... some of us weren't fortunate enough to own a gamecube in our younger years... *sigh*

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Andy, it's not that nobody plays 64... there are actually plenty of 64 players around. It's that there are very few 64 tourneys held, compared to the abundance of Melee and Brawl tourneys held.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
This vs This

The .mpg one is the raw dazzle capture and the .avi one is the deinterlaced (blend fields) and xvid encoded one

How do I deinterlace but prevent the super heavy ghosting seen in the .avi one (or is that unavoidable) and noticeable quality loss?

What's The Point

Smash Master
I don't know, I think the guy on the left is more amusing. He clearly does not want to be there. Probably because the most attractive person in that picture is is Kzhu's sweater.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Anyone going to APEX? I need a teammate for Brawl. I've already got one for Melee.

(Yes, I'm going. For serious. :) )

Top Bottom