• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So Subway tellls me today that Gamestop is conflicting with my schedule there and I have to quit. My response: Peace out Subway. So after 3 years I am free from that soulless franchise.

Im getting drunk and celebrating!

Also hi 16. If you live in the D the closest Smasher you stay by is myself. I play Brawl mainly but Melee also. I also have people over from time to time and I host most of the Brawl tournies here. Welcome to Michigan!

:phone:

I did watch the multiplayer, and like every non competitive shooter(lookin like star fox Assault out there) theres bound to be balance issues.

I'm being negative for the sake of people who are on the fence about the 3ds, if they're following this thread hopefully they'll save their money because ATM the lineup of games is sum garbz. Besides tales of the abyss, if you don't want to get a ps2 for it, or can't find a decently priced copy then I can understand getting it, but personally I'd wait until they announce some games that aren't gonna blow.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I've never had an issue with ports. Older players gets annoyed because they already played the game on the previous console. The thing is there are new players that have never played those, usually, classic games. Kids now will never see a Nintendo 64, so OoT 3DS is the only exposure they'll get for the game. Unless they know about emulators, but most people buy games.

3DS line up doesn't look that bad. Though they canceled Megaman Legends 3, so the game that was going to force me to buy a 3DS is now gone.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I bought a 3DS because I don't have a DS. The only thing that would make me immediately regret this decision is if Nintendo decided to release their next generation of portable within the next 6 months.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
vast majority of the michigan discussion is done here so if u wanna know about smashfests look here

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I have two cousins near there [I think, ypsilani or something like that].

Hmm...
Is there a facebook group or website or something for that?
Yep. This is the University of Michigan's Smash group. Though once you get to know everyone here better, we generally set up Smashfests via this thread. Just keep looking at the latest pages of this thread. lol

https://www.facebook.com/umsmash

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
SHORTEST....... SMASH BREAK.......... EVER

i feel like playing smash now. Are there gonna be any upcoming minor-friendly SFs that i can sneak go to?

Roller

Smash Legend
So I decided a while back to take Rizk's personality, and apply it to any post I make to Kentucky. They are buying this **** hook, line, and sinker. I understand Rizk now. He's a comedic genius.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
Any smashers in East Lansing, MI (on or off MSU campus) wanna play some Melee? I don't know what kind of smash scene we have over here but I need somebody to smash with.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Shady, Tremor, Toadster, Jungle, and BloodyJoker are in East Lansing. Hit them up during the school year for some Melee. Jungle is probably the best person to contact (the guy 3 posts above this one). I don't think anyone else I listed is on Smashboards too often.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Wow....1 dollar pints of beer and $2 mixed drinks...I am still drunk right now and I slept till like 1? Lmao. This is gonna be a fun day...

Also Im down to Smash whenever.

Kevin...do you have liquor you still need to get rid of by chance....?

Top Bottom