• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Mark let's play tomorrow. I want Falcon ditto practice so I can four-stock Bigy this weekend instead of just three-stocking him.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
quitting brawl

not because I'm not good, but because It's gotten frustrating

EDIT: i just recently discovered that i'm stupid and indecisive

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Shortest Smash break followed immediately by the shortest return to Smash. Looking forward to you broadcasting your next two seconds of availability.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
The thing is, since BAMF is over, idk how i'm gonna attend melee tourneys since they're all in AA

i would host a tourney but i wouldn't know what i'm doing x_x

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Aggressive in Melee is how you win.

And it's pretty cool when you realize that.
I thought it was pretty cool when I realized that the only people who don't get steamrolled by me are the ones who move away from me when I move toward them.

only when people play against isai, cuz getting anywhere near isai = complete devastation

also camping only really happens on temple, which i think is a dumb stage. dreamland 4 life!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
All of the games are campy, it just requires fewer mistakes before the game is over the farther back you go. Unless you suck, and are playing against Ice Climbers in Brawl. Then it only takes three.

Gio: I thought 64 is Castle, not Temple?

lol you're right

but 64 is really the only game that rewards aggresive play with gauranteed shield breaks and combos etc. etc.

camping just doesnt work on dreamland.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Everyone only plays on castle though because pika is so good on dreamland. Then it's just a campfest because getting hit means death, especially by the hut even if it isnt Isai.

I wish it was just DL, even if pika is playin.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, does anyone know what the Melee scene in west Michigan looks like? I'm looking for some players to smash with throughout the school year. I go to WMU (Western Michigan University) over in Kalamazoo and am wondering if there is a Melee scene here, but if there are Melee smashers around the area, that would definitely be welcome knowledge, as well.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
you have 241 posts, joined aug 2008, and Ive never seen you post in this thread o_0

unless youre from another state?

and to answer your question (though im not the person to give the best answer), I know 4 guys that live in Kalamazoo that play melee: Jimbo Slice, Blake, Braden, and Machinegungeek (i think thats him). Theres some more players in West MI but i dunno how far that is from kzoo.

Also, do you have a car? lol

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I joined in 2008, posted in the Brawl forums for a few months, and then went inactive for about 2 and a half years. I started getting more into Melee when my friends from high school got more into it. I've been lurking around the Melee forums on and off for a while, but yeah. So yeah, that's why you haven't seen me in this thread, haha. That and the fact that the year I lived in CT was the year I was posting. I've always played Melee...just got more serious about learning stuff last summer. Started lurking then, too.

Thanks for the names, though, man. I don't have a car, unfortunately : /

SCOTU

Smash Hero
So, I can go to Ann Arbor tomorrow (Friday) for some smash around 8pm-midnight. Rob if there's gonna be smash at Mason, please let me know (and where the best place to park is for that time frame, I think meters are free then, but idk if there are ever any available).

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Most blue parkings are free at the time, the best place is the blue parking behind cottage inn on east williams. Its free and mostly empty after 530

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Dan, the best place to park is just on State Street between North U and South U. I've always been able to grab a free metered spot there in the evenings.

So yeah, Masonfest tomorrow at 8pm! Moose, SCOTU, and myself confirmed so far. Anyone else? Gio, Roki, 3Chairz?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Let say I wanna try competitive 5th gen pokemon...where should I go to get educated?
The Smogon boards have a bunch of Pokémon builds. I personally think 5th gen (Dream World) is broken as hell and needs to get fixed by a Gray Version before it isn't a really stupid metagame, but whatever.

Top Bottom