• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Alright so now we got confirmed: Kalamazhu, Lain, WTP, Tutu, KOH, Chad, 3Chairz, Juggleguy

Looking like a hype Smashfest tonight

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Out of Final Destination, Yoshi's Island (Barwl), Lylat Cruise, Playstation 1... Which stage(s) do you feel is (are) the most polarizing to start on? Like which ones do you feel that make it too one-sided?

Battlefield and Smashville are not included due to their universally agreed neutralish natures.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think when I was trying to argue for a variable starter list back when the BBR actually did anything with rulesets, the list looked something like this:

Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (I don't apply unnecessary labels)
----
Lylat Cruise
Final Destination
---
Pokémon Stadium I don't add unnecessary numbers
Castle Siege
---
Delfino Plaza
Halberd

Ordered from most universally preferred to least, with separators to indicate intervals of increasing or decreasing stage list size.

IMO, 7 is the perfect number for the current standard list. 3 replacing YI with FD is Japan, 5 is the typical AN list, and if I can ever experiment with the counter-less stage list I'd run the full 9.

There are some arguments for Pokémon Stadium 2, which are totally valid - if your local community prefers PS2 to PS or one of the outer-limit stages, feel free to switch them.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
sanchaz here. how many people here are going to madison's super special awesome tourney sep. 17th??? possibly free pizza, mmmmmm

I think when I was trying to argue for a variable starter list back when the BBR actually did anything with rulesets, the list looked something like this:

Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (I don't apply unnecessary labels)
----
Lylat Cruise
Final Destination
---
Pokémon Stadium I don't add unnecessary numbers
Castle Siege
---
Delfino Plaza
Halberd

Ordered from most universally preferred to least, with separators to indicate intervals of increasing or decreasing stage list size.

IMO, 7 is the perfect number for the current standard list. 3 replacing YI with FD is Japan, 5 is the typical AN list, and if I can ever experiment with the counter-less stage list I'd run the full 9.

There are some arguments for Pokémon Stadium 2, which are totally valid - if your local community prefers PS2 to PS or one of the outer-limit stages, feel free to switch them.
Man does not add unnecessary numbers or labels, but he does add unnecessary disclaimers, that were longer than the numbers/labels he chose not to include.

icu

But in all honesty I wouldn't mind attending a tournament with that stage list/rule set. Assuming you meant the one where u strike down to 3 stages and play on those for the set.

TOPIX

Smash Apprentice
I might end up going to apex. If I do I'll take Adrian with me but in case that plan backfires who's willing to team with me? :)

Roller

Smash Legend
Who all is planning on going from MI, btw?

Me, Rob, Tech, WTP, Gio, Lain, TOPIX, L_Cancel, Sparta, Ankoku (you are still MI), DRDN???

If we send double digits I'll be shocked.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm definitely going to Apex.

You guys should really consider flying. Shell out some extra $ for some extra comfort.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm not able to shell out that much (for roundtrip flights) in the middle of the school year. And Jon, any chance you're willing to take your car??? =o (assuming there'd be more drivers besides you)

Top Bottom