• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

lain

Smash Master
imho i don't think it's fair for bowyer to now be considered #5. yes he's beaten gio and outplaced him, but he hasn't gone to as many events as gio has, and gio did considerably better at GSS.

i also don't really agree with only top 5 just because we have a small player base. maybe it'll promote people to actually want to be on, and then we can extend it to more players, so i guess we should try it out.

at the VERY least, gio and bowyer should be tied for 5th+6th

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
imho i don't think it's fair for bowyer to now be considered #5. yes he's beaten gio and outplaced him, but he hasn't gone to as many events as gio has, and gio did considerably better at GSS.

i also don't really agree with only top 5 just because we have a small player base. maybe it'll promote people to actually want to be on, and then we can extend it to more players, so i guess we should try it out.

lol, this came out of nowhere.

lain

Smash Master
well i looked for the MI power rankings thread and couldn't find it. it's not like it's not applicable regardless.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

The PR thread is on the front page <_<

I actually agree with you though, Will. Parts of it anyway. We are discussing it now though. We're kind of at am impasse right now about...several things. That's all I'm saying lol

TheMann

Smash Ace
When is the right moment to use :yeahboi: or :denzel: ?

I need help so I can become a better brawl player!!!! Its whats holding me back atm.....

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Soooooooo WTP, Tutu, L_Cancel, and Tech can you plz go read my post in the MI Brawl PR. Also lain, bowyer and tutu if you are considered for PR (especially lain) which Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood characters this is quite crucial because I am supposed to have the image done by tonight.

What's The Point

Smash Master
There is a month till BAMF 2, so I'm considering hosting something June 4th.

Though I should decide by tomorrow so there is decent notice for it. And I kinda don't want to host something but I would like a tournament.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I just realized SiiS is on June 11-12, so I've determined more that I want a tournament on the 4th. I'm sure people going would like a warm up. I would prefer this weekend but that's to short of notice, and frankly anyone going to SiiS will probably go to BAMF next week regardless. Plus I don't care if the thing on June 4th is small.

I just have to determine where to do it. I'm leaning towards my basement in Plymouth since that can easily do 20 people plus free Popcorn. Keep it semi-casual and SiiS prep.

Just Brawl.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hey, as long as turnout isn't too big, any of those third floor rooms at Mason will easily do the job. They don't cost anything to rent out, and are unlocked 24/7. The nice first floor room is really only necessary if you have a turnout of 25+ people or so. Just throwing it out there, Kevin.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I do like that a bit more. Since I am considering it more of a SiiS prep tournament, I was considering $5, cheap venue, and free parking. The third floor will provide everything except the last one, but parking isn't that bad. Trades parking for nearby food, which Plymouth would not have.

I'll probably do third floor Mason instead.

Can you officially rent me out one for June 4th? Or is it just show up and run it? Rather have the official rent out if there is one, just in case.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I could, but there is literally no risk involved in just showing up and taking a third floor room at Mason. There are at least 4 rooms up there that are always unlocked and can hold 20-25 people... and I don't think I've ever seen anyone reserve them on weekends.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Kevin must have a good memory, cause 3427 is indeed one of the good third floor rooms I was talking about.

I'll include it on the website. Maybe we could also do flyers for it at UMT2 next weekend. If you put one together I'll print out some copies and toss em out to anyone interested.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So guys Im going to host a U of M tournament soon. Juggle and I are working out details ;)

I'd do MSU but I have no way of making it out there consistently.

:phone:

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
only kevin, sumer and fzk are at msu anyways. During the year if jon and i were there it would be more obviously but for the summer it seems that its more convenient for it to be in ann arbor. Its closer to most people are

Top Bottom