• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Who is Mink and why does he think he's welcome in this thread?

@ Gio/Will, let's spread the word about the Smashfest for tomorrow (Wednesday) that we talked about earlier

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Why are you welcoming bad poster into this thread HarmS...?

Anyway...

**** Meleefest tonight. Shoutouts to Lainzy to picking me up tonight.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Sorry for the late replay, Tech, but...

I'll be at tournaments when I actually know when they are! No one tells me...

We need like an E-mail mailing list or something.

I'd love to go to Smashfests too, but... idk when they are either.

ZTD | TECHnology

Sorry for the late replay, Tech, but...

I'll be at tournaments when I actually know when they are! No one tells me...

We need like an E-mail mailing list or something.

I'd love to go to Smashfests too, but... idk when they are either.
May 14th in West Bloomfield. Holla.

And Smashfests are always like spur of the moment lol

Boxxy

Smash Lord
r word is dumb, lame, and not cool.

anyone else who says it I considered all of those things

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So I implemented custom colors settings on Smashboards and nobody in MI knows lol.

How much does practice really help in Brawl, unless it's 1. for a matchup you're unfamiliar with or 2. with a character you're new to using?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Enough Brawl talk... Meleefest at Mason 10pm tonight, any AA'ers still in town are welcome to join. Confirmed so far: Chad, Gio, Calvin, Juggleguy

Who else can make it? Dan, Will, Bowyer?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I need to play Brawl before I go to AlphaZealot's tournament this weekend. It needs to happen today or tomorrow.
Dude I will host something tonight so people better come :)

So I implemented custom colors settings on Smashboards and nobody in MI knows lol.

How much does practice really help in Brawl, unless it's 1. for a matchup you're unfamiliar with or 2. with a character you're new to using?
Well for me practicing ICs/Marth in training mode gets boring.

For ICs, I want to play against people who will try to camp me so I can learn what to do and what not to do in certain MUs.

And the same goes with Marth, I can GR to D-Air, F-Air, Dash-A etc. in training mode but when it comes to playing against a real person I can only land half of my GR to Spikes and thats a crucial part of Marth's Metaknight MU (Which I need practice now since MI is starting to grow in MKs again.)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm not even talking about practicing with other people. I'm talking about practice in general. So far I'm just hearing agreement and "actually we're just playing to have fun", which is totally legitimate but not particularly helpful in a strict sense.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Like anything else, you practice to practice.

Do you really think you can just reach some level of play, then stop playing and still stay at that level?

This applies for everything, not just Brawl. Technical merit and such don't even matter because it's the principal that if you do something repetitively you'll be better at it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Regarding your question, yes, I do.

I also believe that the average level of skill in Brawl is a moving one, though.

i know when i dont play for a couple of weeks i'll mess up things at first like up air chains or something, but after a game or two it comes back very quickly. before GSS i didnt touch the game for like 3 weeks and had better results. i think not playing can actually make you BETTER since you lose bad habits and approach the game with a new mindset. IDK. :yeahboi:

ZTD | TECHnology

Sometimes I just get burnt out from practicing tech skill stuff too much. Its good to take a break also.

And I need a ride to Oris. Hit me up yo. Im only like 20 minutes NE of him.

Top Bottom