• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best of the Best Brawl Stage COUNTER/BANNED (Port Town Aero Drive vs. Onett)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well, guys this was a really, but I mean really close match between the two, but in the end Lylat moves on to the Finals, next up, Counter stages:

Brinstar vs. Corneria

@betterthanbonds: fix'd. thanks for the heads up

Zevox

Smash Lord
Corneria. I've always been a fan of the Great Fox based stages (Sector Z and Corneria), and have never been a fan of Metroid's lava-heavy stages (Norfair is all right, but still not great; and Brinstar and Planet Zebes were just terrible), so it's no contest to me.

Zevox

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Cornea, even though you can get stuck in infinites there, I prefer it over Brinstar

Kingdrom

Smash Cadet
I just love the design of Brinstar, even as a Melee stage it remains simple in gameplay yet well designed. Corneria is a nice stage, but when you get KO'ed by an Up Smash at like 30 % with Fox, you know there's a problem. And the fact that Brinstar doesn't let you get infinited by a wall- in fact, it does just the opposite.

Brinstar is by far my favorite lava stage, way better than Norfair, which has too many obtrusions.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well guys, I was hoping Brinstar would have won, but oh well a win is a win so Corneria moves on, next up:

Green Hill Zone vs. Luigi's Mansion

Zevox

Smash Lord
Green Hill Zone. Music alone would have it beat it most stages in the game for me, but add to it that I'm an old Sonic fan from the Genesis era and that I find it it a **** fun stage to play on, and there's few stages I'd vote for above it. Luigi's Mansion is good, but just not that good.

Zevox

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I hate Green Hill Zone with my life.

Luigi's Mansion is like my third favorite stage.

Dahlaine

Smash Cadet
I'd go with green hill zone because of my love for the old sonic games and nostalgic music. Negative aspects of Luigi's: Pillars that get in the way of everything and a changing stage.
Green Hill: The balloons that you can take advantage of and a piece of the stage dropping away.

The pillars are a big thing for me because they eliminate all posibilities of missile spacing, the balloons can quite easily be avoided.

SOG_Brwl

Smash Rookie
I'd have to go with Luigi's Mansion. The layout of GHZ is kind of awkward with a big dip in the center. No one likes getting thrown off the edge. And what is up with those stupid check points. Someone always has to attack them first just to annoy you. The music is okay, but if you ask me, a lot of the sonic music is annoying (at least the ones with words).

Luigi's Mansion has interesting music (Tetris: Type B?), two flat platforms, and no real match interupters. Plus, it has DESTRUCTIBLE PLATFORMS!!! I mean, who doesn't like that? Sure you'll say, but so does GHZ. Yes, but the ground just falls and blinks back to the original spot. The Mansion floats up and reassembles itself which is a little creepy.

IMO: Luigi's Mansion>Green Hill Zone

Serious AI

Smash Rookie
Are you kidding me? I find GHZ's music one of the least enjoyable in the whole game, and furthermore, "Luigi's Mansion Theme" and "Castle/Boss Fortress" music from the LM stage are among the top five music in the whole game, in my opinion.

Besides, I don't like GHZ's design. No pits aside from the central destructible zone, and there's like no flat ground. I prefer much more Luigi's Mansion design, so there goes my vote.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Luigi's Mansion. Green Hill Zone has never really interested/appealed to me, seeing as the side boundaries are pretty close to the stage. The music is okay to me, but I'd much prefer Luigi's Mansion music.

As for the pillars, just hit them a couple times and there. They're gone. There are no stage hazards on Luigi's Mansion either.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
GHZ music sucks, Sonic adventure in general is awesome. Where the hell is the speed up song and knuckle's rap themes in brawl? Suckerai messed up.

Dahlaine

Smash Cadet
You're obviously only supposed to select the music from the old sonic games to use in GHZ, now if you do that. How is that stage not perfect?
Emerald hill zone ftw (I've only played Sonic 2 on the genisis).

Ntei

Smash Rookie
luigis mansion couse-it can be destroied
-Stops ranged wep spam
-The game was awesome

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
luigi's mansion cause it green hill zone has those annoying balls you can smach and they hit your opponent, and the ground falls, and the mansion cause it's a mansion

Top Bottom