• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best of the Best Brawl Stage COUNTER/BANNED (Port Town Aero Drive vs. Onett)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well due to AbsoluteZero's inactivity in the past few weeks of his thread I decided to create this all new daily updated thread

NOTE: Your choice depends on stage preference under the catagory, not the actual category itself.

First of I will pair of all Neutral stages as needed

First Round:

Final Destination vs. Battlefield: Outcome: Battlefield

Yoshi's Island vs. Smashville: Outcome: Smashville

Delfino Plaza vs. Castle Siege: Outcome: Delfino Plaza

Lylat Cruise vs. Halberd: Outcome: Lylat Cruise

Neutral /Counter Semifinals

Battlefield vs. Pokemon Stadium 1: Outcome: Battlefield

Delfino Plaza vs. Lylat Cruise: Outcome: Lylat Cruise

Second Round: COUNTER stages.

Brinstar vs. Corneria: Outcome: Corneria

Green Hill Zone vs. Luigi's Mansion: Outcome: Luigi's Mansion

Pirate Ship vs. Distant Planet:: Outcome: Pirate Ship

Norfair vs. Pokemon Stadium 2: Outcome: Norfair

Pictochat vs. Frigate Orpheon: Outcome: Frigate Orpheon

Yoshi's Island (Melee) vs. Jungle Japes: Outcome: Jungle Japes

next up:

Norfair vs. Skyworld: Outcome: Norfair

Port Town Aero Drive vs. Onett: Outcome:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Battlefield.
FD begs for gimps.

Cha0s Finale

Smash Cadet
Most neutral? I guess that would be Battlefield. Like others have said, Final Destination favors campers and gimpers.

(But I still like FD more... :))

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield

battlefield is fair for all characters i think...

FD... whenever i play bowser for fun (i am not really skilled with him) and my enemy is somebody with a b-spam compareable to wolfs one... i have about 50% damage before even reaching him... that cannot happen on battlefield

Samuelson

Smash Lord
I think BF is more neutral than FD. FD is a campers dream while BF seems to be more fair all around. BF is a perfect level for characters with good aerials because of the platforms.

Overall BF>FD as far as neutrality goes IMO.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Battlefield

battlefield is fair for all characters i think...
not for pika, kirby, mk,... and marth has a strong advantage on this map... i have a long list...

as for all the people that say camping isnt fair...wow... if you cant get over it than that is a problem with your own skill (im not trying to flame anyone but battle field is one of most unfair maps...) and king isnt asking which map is more "Neutral"from what i have read...

AaronR

Smash Rookie
FD. Fox needs space to move. It's annoying to be looking for a place to land but you see 3 Ike's charging Fsmash a pokemon and an Assist Trophy. FD will still have somewhere to land. If you're on Battlefield, it's over.

Safu

Smash Cadet
Kindav hard for me to choose seeing how i like both of them but due to bf having platforms i lose often since i can never fall through them -_-
So i guess i choose FD

Link_in_park

Smash Ace
Battlefield for sure. Final Destination gives characters with long-range projectiles an advantage. It's so different from every other neutral stage in the game that I don't even think it should be considered neutral. That's just my opinion, though.

blowuptheking

Smash Cadet
FD
Yes Final D favors campers and people with projectiles, but Battlefield favors people with a long reaching usmash. (Marth, MK, pika thunder) Smaller characters' (TL comes to mind) usmash can't reach a person standing on a platform above them.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
looks like Battlefeild is the obvious choice for Neutral so Battlefield wins!

next up: Yoshi's Island vs. Smashville

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as much as it makes sense to say castle, i dont like the lil lips on the ledge that can get some characters on the first stage, theres walk offs almost half the time, the transforms are awkward, etc

delfino does have water, but not that often. it also has a walk off, but its quite rare. the regular parts of the stage are nice, and the transforms are really simple.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
I like the music on Castle Siege, but overall as a stage, Delfino Plaza is better. Delfino is really fun, and it has a wide variety of sections, even the parts in between sections changes, which keeps things entertaining. Castle Siege (First Part) has an evil ledge that screws your recovery, Second Part has walkoffs and the statues that interrupt projectiles, Third Part is like a Lylat Cruise in hell. Bleh. Delfino ftw.

Top Bottom