• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
I feel the darkness calling me...

I had quite a few dumb input errors. Big thanks to @ ninrok ninrok for uploading these friendlies. Check his channel out when you can as it has a lot of good content.

I'm trying to limit my tourney characters to Luigi and GDorf at this point, but Ganon is still so damn fun that I really hope I can make him work on a consistent basis for main status. I'll try to get some stream matches so I can catch up to all the great work Kalm and Verm are putting in.

Also, PS, retreating perfect pivot USmash is the new thunderstorm. I think it could use a name. I propose "The man-can" or "Devil's Heel"
Glad to help, and I'm always up to upload our matches ^_^

Dorf still gives me nightmares, yo. No such thing as a "comfortable lead" against a good Dorf.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Went against @Croi last night for some MU practice. There was a fair bit of input delay which made things less crisp, but I think we still captured some good demos of the MU.

Also, feel free to give input if you see any bits of the MU worth remarking about. I will say that certain things like the UAir edgeguard I know about, but just can't execute on 3DS, so I have to compensate.

Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
On my way!

Edit: Whoops, got booted. On my way back.

Edit #2: GGs, J. I gotta go split for a bit though. Remind me and we can keep going later!
GG's man. It's discouraging getting beat so bad but at the same time I wanna beat you lol. That being said I need to analyze the matches we had and the ones of me and A2 so I can notice things you guys do and things that I don't do so I can improve.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
GG's man. It's discouraging getting beat so bad but at the same time I wanna beat you lol. That being said I need to analyze the matches we had and the ones of me and A2 so I can notice things you guys do and things that I don't do so I can improve.
I understand, dude. If it helps at all, the only thing I think you need to work on more than anything is situational awareness. Your mechanics are good, you have good temperence most of the time and you make generally good decisions. When I say situational awareness, I mean just paying attention to your habits. For example, you spaced SH BAir a lot, which I was able to PS and punish, and invariably you'd land with a NAir, which let me reliably punish you.

You've got it going on, man. Just some minor tweaks with being more cognizant of your habits and developing alternatives for certain situations. Don't take it too hard, since, upping your game's all about getting a licking, letting the wound heal, and coming back at it. Can't expect a muscle to be stronger unless you've given it time to recover, likewise, give your brain some new info, let it process it, come back a tiny bit stronger.

Last edited:

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
I'm considering picking up Mario for my bad matchups *cough*Sheik*cough*, but I dunno if my Mario's better than my Wii Fit.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Here we go, got a ton of mostly For Glory matches. There's a few that show off some good representations of match ups, and then quite a few that really just made me very happy as I destroyed the person in fun ways lol. I won't embed all of them, because that would be one long ass post, so I added them all into a playlist and I'll just stick a few of them here. I'll start with a decent shiek one:

Good comeback vs a Megaman

Decent Ness

aaaaaand then a couple for the lolhighlight reel

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I played Cosmo Wright on stream, he's super solid. You can check out his archive, some hype games in there. I've ran into ZeRo, Cobbss, and now Cosmo lol.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Opana, you're going to kill us by making us watch too much Smash!

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yours will blow mine out of the water lol, I'm mainly doing this for fun and because replays get deleted. Really excited for our community vid though.

Should I not send anymore, and instead upload to Youtube?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yours will blow mine out of the water lol, I'm mainly doing this for fun and because replays get deleted. Really excited for our community vid though.

Should I not send anymore, and instead upload to Youtube?
Yes, that would be preferred.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
That combo at 0:42 was actually genius.
I'm honestly surprised I can react to dair so well, I feel like it has just enough hitstun where I can act in the moment even if hit unexpectedly. Thanks though, I'm proud of a few moments in there but others not so much lol, I usually filter through what I put out to try and get as many hype moments as I can but feel like I had some dull moments in there, or maybe not dull but lacking compared to other parts.

Might make a side account to upload replays at, really wanna make a non-phone quality montage of stuff. Of course, gonna be sure to focus on Ray's vid first and want him to be able to pick through what he likes so I mayt just upload a bunch of potential things and whatever he doesn't use I will(Unless it's really good I may use it in my own, idk lol.).

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
*Deleted for loss of interest*

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
User name: @ Opana Opana
In-Game name: Zach(Tag is Opana)
3DS Friend Code:My 3DS broke
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: PINKYz
Country of Residence:US
Palette Colour: Silver
Message: I would rather go for stylish kills than win a match.

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
User name: @ Opana Opana
In-Game name: Zach(Tag is Opana)
3DS Friend Code:My 3DS broke
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID:pINKYz
Country of Residence:US
Palette Colour: Silver
Message: I would rather go for stylish kills than win a match.
I think you may want to put a space between your "ID:" and your "PINKYz"

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhNvo97VyWQ heres an old video of my ganon vs megaman with some shenanigans.(particularly, a silly on the spot combo involving using his own crash bomb against him) just remembered it existed.
That whole second stock I was just screaming at that Mega Man to use his back throw. I'm pretty sure a fresh backthrow at those percents would've killed, but every time they went to use the stale forward throw and the up throw. Still, very well played even if the stage kinda screwed you out the first stock.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
@ Xinc Xinc @ Opana Opana @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm @ Z1GMA Z1GMA

I want to get better and I'm interested in playing all of you. I most likely will get bodied but it's the only way to improve.
Yeah that'd be awesome, and getting bodied has probably been the best way to improve for me too lol. Not necessarily in mirrors but by other players, some of which like Acid, Scatt, Dath, Troof, etc which taught me mus and helped me improve as a player. Fighting in mirrors is a different experience, like it gives me new ideas of how to play. As aggressive as I am I modeled a lot of how I play after Verm, but have taken from the many dorfs I have fought like Z1g, Ray, Adom, a2, really anyone who brings something interesting to the table. At this point I'd call myself unique but to say I haven't been influenced by everyone would be a lie.

Also have more confidence, I'm sure you'll do fine man.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Yeah that'd be awesome, and getting bodied has probably been the best way to improve for me too lol. Not necessarily in mirrors but by other players, some of which like Acid, Scatt, Dath, Troof, etc which taught me mus and helped me improve as a player. Fighting in mirrors is a different experience, like it gives me new ideas of how to play. As aggressive as I am I modeled a lot of how I play after Verm, but have taken from the many dorfs I have fought like Z1g, Ray, Adom, a2, really anyone who brings something interesting to the table. At this point I'd call myself unique but to say I haven't been influenced by everyone would be a lie.

Also have more confidence, I'm sure you'll do fine man.
So far I've played A2 and adom and I can at least hold my own against them I just wanna go at it with better people and all kinds of play styles to see what I need to work on and what I can steal from you guys to use as my own. I'm sure that one day I'll body all of you free and retire leaving you all with that loss.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So far I've played A2 and adom and I can at least hold my own against them I just wanna go at it with better people and all kinds of play styles to see what I need to work on and what I can steal from you guys to use as my own. I'm sure that one day I'll body all of you free and retire leaving you all with that loss.
They're honestly better at the mirror tbh, so if you do well vs them you'll do well vs me I'm sure.

I would literally cry

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
@ Xinc Xinc @ Opana Opana @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm @ Z1GMA Z1GMA

I want to get better and I'm interested in playing all of you. I most likely will get bodied but it's the only way to improve.
Best of endeavors to you. I feel I don't do well in the ditto, but I can play you after Saturday? I'm actually going to a local tournament that would be streamed at twitch.tv/game5smash I'm actually really nervous since there are some big guys like MikeKirby who go but I feel darkness can triumph.

Top Bottom