• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
Finally, my Gamepad charger came in. I'm rusty as a nail held underwater for four days so I might be off my game.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Got a capture card so here are more replays of me on Anther's ladder.
Feel free to ask me if you want something recorded (Wii U only).

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
'eyo! First post on smashboards. I thought sharing some videos would be a good way to start off here, so here's a couple of cool ganondorf matches on FG. And trust me, I dont upload matches unless something really cool happens (like winning a really bad matchup, or just stylin' on someone).

The title probably gives it away, but hopefully ya'll will approve nonetheless.

This one I'm really proud of. Would this technically be a JV3 stock?

EDIT: Forgot one. This one is just funny to me.

Last edited:

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Awesome stuff there Opana. Quality is pretty bad yeah, maybe I could upload those for you?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah if you want just let people know it's me but that's up to you.

Opana's Ganondorf Combo/Highlight Montage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFd7736z_zk

Still phone quality but there's good stuff in there so hopefully you guys can overlook it lol.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
Yeah if you want just let people know it's me but that's up to you.

Opana's Ganondorf Combo/Highlight Montage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFd7736z_zk

Still phone quality but there's good stuff in there so hopefully you guys can overlook it lol.
Wow. I would never have the balls to go for those all-or-nothing offstage Ganoncides. Bravo!

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Well I don't do that often in serious games rather I pull off good strings. I've got a bunch more clips I'm gonna make into another thing.

Pulled off my first forced get up which was awesome.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Anyone up for some matches? I'm to testing 3323 as a custom set, and while I know fighting Ganondorf isn't the best way to test this kind of thing, I'm mainly trying to see if it's usable right now.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Anyone up for some matches? I'm to testing 3323 as a custom set, and while I know fighting Ganondorf isn't the best way to test this kind of thing, I'm mainly trying to see if it's usable right now.
While I'm not free atm I'm training Ike every now and then. I'd be up for being a test subject lol.

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
After playing a lot of not-so-good newcomers, I eventually played a decent Roy in FG yesterday (1.0.8 day 1) who took me down pretty handily. Although I wasn't playing my best, I've included a couple of the games here to watch if you'd like. Here are a few things I learned in this MU:
- Use caution air dodging after his down throw: if you, like me, are in the habit of expecting an aerial followup you can get read with a hard-hitting up-smash.
- His recovery is hard to challenge--I didn't have any success with my nair vs. his up special. I'm curious if bair or tipman would be effective if you jump past him while he recovers low
- His shorthop nair is quick and can lead to followups
- He might not be quite as fast as Marth, but he got a lot of fast grabs in, so don't underestimate his speed

Last edited:

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
I know this is quite uncommon, but are there any ganon amiibo (lvl50) videos around? I like fighting them and got interested in seeing his potential.

Hi-Hatz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vrillyhoo
I've been AWOL on these boards and even in my own scene sometimes, so I wanna post something from our latest weekly. Here's an evenly matched 2-1 set showcasing me, my great Dark Pit friend, and our amazing scene here in G-ville Fl.

http://www.twitch.tv/mvg_league/v/6369253?t=117m57s

Obviously nowhere near as hype as what Ray recently posted. Hot damn do you always style like that? Ganon is love.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
More matches updated to the OP

OMG That Ganon-cide though. Gotta write that down.

Anyway I saw that Ganon vs Shiek loser final match, I have to ask why did you agreed on omega stages against Shiek?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Videos of My sets in Mr. R's wifi tournament, (Winners & Losers finals, lost both unfortunately, also customs were on).

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Videos of My sets in Mr. R's wifi tournament, (Winners & Losers finals, lost both unfortunately, also customs were on).
We're you trying to air dodge/U-air out of Kong Cyclone? I may need to lab out this move some more.

Those lag spikes were incredibly unfortunate. You did a really good job of holding the advantage state, getting 60% off of single hits.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
We're you trying to air dodge/U-air out of Kong Cyclone? I may need to lab out this move some more.

Those lag spikes were incredibly unfortunate. You did a really good job of holding the advantage state, getting 60% off of single hits.
Kong cyclone is hard as hell to airdodge on Wifi, even if i practiced it it would be hard because of the small delay.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Vs. ZeRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIJ587kxjG8

Cool string/read
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_E2KCLzAc8

JV2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Ttq32UXsk

I can finally upload again, albeit in worse quality but I'm happy anyway. These vids are like a moth or two old, expect more recent ones such as some games vs. Nick Riddle and hype highlights.
Against Zero. Don't throw out DJ Uairs lika at 2:51, Opana. It only gives your opponent info on your habits.

I watched your Combo Vid. Some really, really nice stuff, Opana. Nice reads, combos, and tight strings.
Though, I'm not a fan of some of those Ganoncides where you're giving away the lead. They look awesome, but it's strategically bad.
Too bad the Video Quality is so bad, but still, this is the best Smash WiiU Ganon Montage on the internet so far imo.
Good stuff, Opana.

Top Bottom