• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
@ Tonsana Tonsana , fill in your User Info here, plox.
It doesn't take long. You can find the model in the OP.
It'd be a shame if such a great Ganon wasn't recorded in the OP.
User name: Tonsana
In-Game name: Tonsana
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Tonsana
Country of Residence: Sweden
Palette Colour: Red Dorf

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Is there anyone in the community who would be willing to upload WiiU replays? I have a ton of FG Ganandorf matches I'd like to get some feedback on, but I lack the necessary tools.

My WiiU name is ScarletJile, for what it's worth.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah np either way, will add soon.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Wow, 19 uploads. You could've uploaded like just the 4 or 5 best ones, Opana.
Sometimes less is more.

You didn't get lucky on Halberd. You did good job there.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Sorry lol, when I have real good matches with people I just like uploading them all. I actually didn't upload some, mainly one where we sded a bunch. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks.

Hopefully we'll play again sometime, and if we do I'll upload the best ones only.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Nice job, Kalm. I can't speak for others, but I know I'm not on there. Haven't even been to a tournament yet. I sure love living 5 hours away from an active scene.

Also, in case anyone's still interested in the 3DS struggle, I've got a few new things up:

- vs. Ike
- vs. Mega Man

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone like to get some dittos in with me? If anyone wants to play today or within the next few days let me know :)

Wii U is preferred but I can do DS version as well.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Would anyone like to get some dittos in with me? If anyone wants to play today or within the next few days let me know :)

Wii U is preferred but I can do DS version as well.
I'm up, add me.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I've been to two actually, will write more on it later ijn the middle of something.

EDIT: Won't go through the trouble of even attempting to land a spot lol, too many users and my tourneys weren't too notable anyway.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
@ Sykkamorre Sykkamorre

Hey, if you show up in the next hour I'd like to get some dittos in before I do my bracket match thing for this tourney finally. If not, I'll just ask around if anyone is interested. Asking you specifically though Sykka since, like I've said, just makes sense to me to smash with someone I know going back a ways being old Fsmashers~

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
@ Sykkamorre Sykkamorre

Hey, if you show up in the next hour I'd like to get some dittos in before I do my bracket match thing for this tourney finally. If not, I'll just ask around if anyone is interested. Asking you specifically though Sykka since, like I've said, just makes sense to me to smash with someone I know going back a ways being old Fsmashers~
I'm up for some matches if you're still open.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
GGs, Adom. Dunno what was with the connection toward the end there. Figured the connection was becoming a huge obstacle, so no sense in struggling against it. =P

Definitely got yourself a fine Ganon.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
GGs, Adom. Dunno what was with the connection toward the end there. Figured the connection was becoming a huge obstacle, so no sense in struggling against it. =P

Definitely got yourself a fine Ganon.
Yeah, honestly the Wii-U version is a lot better lag wise.
Are you getting the Wii-U version too?
Also i really loved what you did with those air gerudos, i mostly use them for suiciding off ledge jumps.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yessir, as soon as I can afford it, I'mma buy a WiiU and Smash.

And thanks, man! Air Gerudo's probably my favorite move as Ganon. It's risky, but it's probably his best defense-breaker. Against characters like Rosalina where you can't approach her from the ground, it's a great way to kind of tenderize her if she's being really defensive.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Yessir, as soon as I can afford it, I'mma buy a WiiU and Smash.

And thanks, man! Air Gerudo's probably my favorite move as Ganon. It's risky, but it's probably his best defense-breaker. Against characters like Rosalina where you can't approach her from the ground, it's a great way to kind of tenderize her if she's being really defensive.
Thanks for the advice, Rosalina's a really tough match up.
My favorite move is probably U-tilt, as situational as it is it's just so satisfying to land, especially if they try to shield it.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm up for some matches if you're still open.
Contacted Sykka by other means and we played a few rounds. Now I'm just waiting on the person I'm gonna play in this tourney. Seems I missed him while warming up but I'm hoping he shows up soon here. If not, I'll just try for the same time tomorrow. I'd like to play some time with you but for now I'm just going to stay attentive in case epicender shows up. He doesn't really post here but I have an eye on his profile page where we've been chatting.

Edit: Looks like epicender is a no show for this evening. I have to afk and I doubt he'll be able to play at 11pm or later my time seeing as he's east coast.

@ Sykkamorre Sykkamorre

If you're available again tomorrow a bit earlier than we played today Sykka, we can have another set of matches for me to warm up with. Invitation's out there nearly 20 hours in advance, heh.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Contacted Sykka by other means and we played a few rounds. Now I'm just waiting on the person I'm gonna play in this tourney. Seems I missed him while warming up but I'm hoping he shows up soon here. If not, I'll just try for the same time tomorrow. I'd like to play some time with you but for now I'm just going to stay attentive in case epicender shows up. He doesn't really post here but I have an eye on his profile page where we've been chatting.

Edit: Looks like epicender is a no show for this evening. I have to afk and I doubt he'll be able to play at 11pm or later my time seeing as he's east coast.

@ Sykkamorre Sykkamorre

If you're available again tomorrow a bit earlier than we played today Sykka, we can have another set of matches for me to warm up with. Invitation's out there nearly 20 hours in advance, heh.
Unfortunately dear Jahk, I'll be away from the Wii U this evening due to sorting out Christmas at my actual house. If your match still doesn't happen today, i'll be about tomorrow! Good luck!

Hi-Hatz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vrillyhoo
I think latency online with Ganondorf makes me angry, but I'll play some people. There's always something to learn, even through all the crap. Available for Wii U matches.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I think latency online with Ganondorf makes me angry, but I'll play some people. There's always something to learn, even through all the crap. Available for Wii U matches.
I'm up for some matches if you're open, my connection's also pretty good.

Last edited:

Hi-Hatz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vrillyhoo
I don't know if it's my connection or what. I thought online on the 3DS felt like it had 0 latency and now I hate it on the Wii U. Anyway, sure. I'll add you momentarily and I see that I can put my own NNID under my name, so I'll do that as well.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Unfortunately dear Jahk, I'll be away from the Wii U this evening due to sorting out Christmas at my actual house. If your match still doesn't happen today, i'll be about tomorrow! Good luck!
Heh, that's me tomorrow actually. Except I'll just be visiting family rather than having to get my place ready for anyone else. I hope my match does happen today though. Maybe I'll just have to carry over that waning warmness from our matches yesterday into my matches today for the tourney. Maybe I'll watch a few of our replays that I saved, heh. Have to admit I watched that one a few times~

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I don't know if it's my connection or what. I thought online on the 3DS felt like it had 0 latency and now I hate it on the Wii U. Anyway, sure. I'll add you momentarily and I see that I can put my own NNID under my name, so I'll do that as well.
Did you put your Wii-U IP in DMZ?
I found it helps a lot with the lag.

Hi-Hatz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vrillyhoo
I don't know what that is, but I'll look into it when we're done thanks.

*Available again if anyone else wants to play.

Last edited:

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
Yeah, what is up with that? I feel like when I'm on the 3DS it's less noticeable, but when I'm on the Wii U I can definitely feel the delay.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Alrighty. Glad I was able to get these few matches. They were against a Japanese Marth, and his playstyle was really... unusual. But I feel like he demostrated some things which make the MU tough for Ganon at times.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
Alrighty. Glad I was able to get these few matches. They were against a Japanese Marth, and his playstyle was really... unusual. But I feel like he demostrated some things which make the MU tough for Ganon at times.

That was some inspiring ledge pressure.

Just a question. I noticed you went for a lot of empty ledge trumps. Was this a setup for something or did you just feel you flubbed the timing and didn't want to go for the Bair?

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Thanks, Shog.

As for the empty trumps, against characters like Marth, I'll trump them just to force a reaction of some sort. In the first vid, at about 1:50, I did an empty trump, and when he regrabbed the ledge, I ran up to him to fake another trump, got him to do a get-up attac and FAir'd him.

So, I'm positive there were a few points where I just messed up or something, but for the most part, against a character like Marth who can challenge any offstage shenanigans, I prefer to go for second-order shenanigans, e.g. condition them into a pattern when more direct methods (BAiring, for example) don't fly, and <then> shenanigans. =P

Last edited:

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
User name: @ Smog Frog Smog Frog
In-Game name: PAPA_DORF(tag) bob(actual IGN)
3DS Friend Code:2750-1406-3137
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID:hunter11444
Country of Residence:Missorui, USA
Palette Colour: silver

1)if you can, always try to get me on wii u
2)i'm only 2 weeks in to ganon
3)i havent played any offline matches yet

Last edited:
Top Bottom