• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
yay! I'm in a match FINALLY after all these weeks. Goggles pika right now... ggs so far

edit: Great games!!! I am so rusty, lol. Well now I have a reason to practice again :D

so does anyone play TB anymore or is it mainly Basic? In Basic is it usually 1v1 or are there sometimes 3 or 4 people too?

Last edited:

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Three players is the most people I've encountered simultaneously on BB, and so far, that's only happened once. Understandably (albeit unfortunately), there doesn't seem to be a high amount of BB traffic, either resulting from low usage of Wiimmfi, people not knowing With Anyone modes now work in NTSC regions, or both.

Currently versing lol got DC'd :awesome: from a red/black Zelda as neutral Captain Falcon and Snake/yellow Ike.

lmfao who's this red wolf/snake i keep running into, you have the most bizarre playing style i've ever seen. lots of blaster + reflector/DACUS spam, and you almost never go offensive, i keep thinking you're gonna use strong moves but you never do. i'm 100% positive i've fought you before, because we always team up against CPUs whenever they're present

Last edited:

himemiya

Smash Lord
yay! I'm in a match FINALLY after all these weeks. Goggles pika right now... ggs so far

edit: Great games!!! I am so rusty, lol. Well now I have a reason to practice again :D

so does anyone play TB anymore or is it mainly Basic? In Basic is it usually 1v1 or are there sometimes 3 or 4 people too?
Been awhile seen I last seen you, whats up? Also hows this thread still a thing? I know wifi is acessable via 3rd party but who still want to taunt party?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Hey long time no see! Haha no, no taunt parties that I'm aware of, which is a good thing, right? It's ironic but after all these years and so many complaints about how spammy Basic was, NOW that the darn thing is canceled and run by PRIVATE sponsors it's actually pretty competitive! Not only did I not have to wait long for a match (got 2 last night) but both players were good, and both were 1v1's. Strong connections too, no dc issues.

Three players is the most people I've encountered simultaneously on BB, and so far, that's only happened once. Understandably (albeit unfortunately), there doesn't seem to be a high amount of BB traffic, either resulting from low usage of Wiimmfi, people not knowing With Anyone modes now work in NTSC regions, or both.

Currently versing lol got DC'd :awesome: from a red/black Zelda as neutral Captain Falcon and Snake/yellow Ike.

lmfao who's this red wolf/snake i keep running into, you have the most bizarre playing style i've ever seen. lots of blaster + reflector/DACUS spam, and you almost never go offensive, i keep thinking you're gonna use strong moves but you never do. i'm 100% positive i've fought you before, because we always team up against CPUs whenever they're present
I see, well that's cool. I prefer 1v1 to 3. Even 4 to 3. 3 is a weird number in FFA cause you either have to gang up or just take turns, it's awkward to say the least. So no to Team Battle, eh? Ah well, I can live with that, at least I can finally play the game again, I was sorely missing my Brawl fix.

Heh, yeah if ever it's CPUs I guess I too started to team against them. I dunno I've always wondered if there's a code that lets you see what the other player character will be cause in my first round of matches it seemed like they knew who I was going to pick. I went snake and they did too, and the CPUs were 2 bowsers... O.O

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Edit: Ha, so Nintendo sent me an automated reply: "We are currently experiencing heavy email volumes which are causing long response times." No **** sherlock. I love it. So many people got mad that their inbox got filled with complaints. It took me almost a week just to get the automated response! Idiots! I hope they reap all they've sowed cause I'm switching to Sony come this fall. PS4 all the way!
By the way... Nintendo did not host WFC - that would be Gamespy; it happen to be recently bought out, which involved WFC going with it.

That said, this sort of peaks my interest. Is anyone here a talented entrepreneur?

Last edited:

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I had no clue Basic Brawl still worked. I was under the impression that only private matches worked, but it makes sense for everything to work when I think about it.

link2702

Smash Champion
to a zelda user earlier who (iirc) also went marth and ddd and luigi....

ggs.

also i'm not sure but i think you might of been the same one i faced earlire, and you went fox, samus, and marth then.

sorry for having to leave so soon both times.

Just wanted to say GGS though. I also got to test (after several failed attempts at getting it to work...) the modded servers.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
wait, this is probably a noob question, but I can just get on BB and I'll eventually find someone?

link2702

Smash Champion
i'm seriously surprised i haven't ran into someone from here yet....

I'd figure with the fact that we need a mod to get online in smash now, the small group of players on basic brawl would be pretty much mostly made up of people from around here...

Player -0

Smash Hero
I've been on a little bit but the last time was just a scrubby Dark Pit that switched to Dark Shielda when I got him later on, I promptly left after he ragequitted the second time.

link2702

Smash Champion
I thnik i just made this marth/toon link, player mad :troll: after we finally got 2 1v1 matches (rest were cpus) i beat him with my own marth the first match, then he went toon link on smashville, and my link(not toon link) beat him.

both times it was pretty brutal as well :troll:

aw well, ggs anyhow.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Ggs Zelda roll dodge less it'll help your spacing game a LOT
Oh I found you? Sweet, GGs that was fun, especially teaming cpus. What else do you think I need improvement on?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Wow! You've been posting here for so long and now we've finally brawled, lol. awesome.

Ummmmmm heh, well overall I would say you should employ more use of Nayru's... of b-specials in general. I know there's this idea that "spammy" zelda span din's fire, etc. but by choosing to using them at the right times, you'll open your attack game way open.

EDIT: Whoever this red uniform person is (red wolf, red ike, red ganon, etc.) dang you good :p

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im up against a decent ROB/Olimar/Puff is this anyone?

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Ggs white peach too much temple tho $P

Edit wowzers good Falco so rare I should have stayed snake!

Last edited:

Skybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skybunny
Good games to a blue Marth, green Yoshi, and Fox. :3 Really good and really fun. O:

Edit: Also GGs to an Ike, and various other chars, last character being Pokemon Trainer before we disconnected. You were really good, too. @w@

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Ran into a decent Ganon earlier today, GGs man!

edit: Ran into a really good player who could use a lot of characters pretty well, nice Peach man!

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
A shout-out to a good Red Ike/ Tan Ike/ Red Link/ White Link last night. Whenever we got CPUs, I remember both of us trying to throw them into the other's charged smash attacks on FD. I didn't meant to smack you around all those times when we were taking them down -- my bad, haha.

We versed whenever we got CPU-less rounds. You were really good, and I had a lot of fun playing you. GG's!

kaazers

Smash Master
Really good games Green Marth. I tested my best 6 and Ike was my best which is rare. Hope we play again!
Hey, that was me! I was getting some Marf practice in. Good games! As for Ike, I main him but I seem to struggle when I fight a fellow Ike.

Oh and I thought you were this other guy I'd run into on BB which is why I attacked you. I was wrong though. I don't charge at people first thing like that ordinarily, I swear. Haha.

Good games again, though! Hope to run into you again sometime.

Last edited:

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday I played with someone for nearly 3 hours xD I had a ton of fun. They started out black Pit, and also played blue Falco, white MK. We 1v1'd when we were alone (never found anyone else,) and teamed against cpus. They also liked to copy my characters so we basically played more than half of the roster in that time. I was blue Kirby and Claus Lucas for the majority of the time. Fun matches

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
GGs to a Diddy/Tlink player who I played with for a good...hour? Two hours? Wasn't quite keeping track, but he went a couple colors of Diddy including neutral and purple, and I believe red and neutral Tlink. I was the dark Zelda/neutral Pika/blue Marth running around like an idiot lol. I was hoping you'd team cpus with me whenever we had them, but we just ffa'd instead and versed when alone. It was fun, thanks!

Top Bottom