• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
There's nothing special abut Salem really, he's just a ZSS with Gimmicks and I've fought him a bunch of times, he can't handle my Gimmicky Ike or my GnW. I hope he shows up to your video though. Good day~

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
There's nothing special abut Salem really, he's just a ZSS with Gimmicks and I've fought him a bunch of times, he can't handle my Gimmicky Ike or my GnW. I hope he shows up to your video though. Good day~
Yeah ik, I could become much flasher than him after about a week of playing only ZSS. It was just funny seeing an Apex champion on BB lol.

Kimidori

Smash Apprentice
Just throwing this out there, I sincerely doubt that ZSS was Salem. For one I've never seen Salem go through SV, and two, ZSS tricks are not that hard, so it's likely it could've been any ZSS really. And I didn't get to see him fight either. If you think it was him then message him on AiB or something and post his reply here. Because assuming that a random player on basic brawl is one of the best ZSS users in the world is a little far fetched considering it was only based off of the tech skill he displayed with his character. But that's only my opinion.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I agree man, however; I know he goes on Basic though, It could be my boy Cray though, but, I already confirmed with him, and he types that he hasn't been on Basic Brawl for like three weeks.

So I'm certain it's him, it could also be Peace as well.

Also, chatting with someone on Aib is a big no no. PM Salem here Gohan. Good day~

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I agree man, however; I know he goes on Basic though, It could be my boy Cray though, but, I already confirmed with him, and he types that he hasn't been on Basic Brawl for like three weeks.

So I'm certain it's him, it could also be Peace as well.

Also, chatting with someone on Aib is a big no no. PM Salem here Gohan. Good day~
o snap...
And yeah, that might not have been Salem, I know how to do the tricks just not consecutively. I just asked if it was Salem cuz I know he gets on BB. I wonder who that was if it wasnt him tho, it couldve been pierce, it couldve been Cray... but it said he was offline when I first got on, he wouldve had to have lied, and i found the room rather quickly. He couldve been using someone elses wii tho... but i really dont think its him. Plus, i could tell by the connection that it was an EC WC connection, doesnt mean it was him tho.

@ Kimidori Kimidori Im sure Salem can go through SV tho. Isnt there a video on Blazer's channel called something like Salem doing a Smashville trick... im not a ZSS expert but I thinks thats what you mean by going though SV. And plus, like GYK said, he does get on BB but only occasionally, I remember him saying it during someone's stream.

Also, whether its Salem or not im keeping the title the same. It works either way really.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to a Purple TL/Green Pikachu/Dark Link/Red Marth. It's a shame that it started lagging around the end and the other two players were sometimes deliberately getting in the way. >___<
They were fun matches, nonetheless!

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I just wanted to give a shout out to the group I ran into last night / early this morning in Basic Brawl. One of them had Manaphy and Metroid hacks in several matches and even sent us to the wifi waiting room once. I mostly practiced Flight of Ganon early on, and later did some of Wario's bike tricks and Samus's taunt transformations. It was a fun group.

FIREL

Smash Ace
GGs to:
- A good Dedede, Kirby, Ike
and
- A very good Ike, Marth, Snake and anyother characters I didnt mention

I was one of the few characters belows v v v

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Last night, played with a really good Ike and Snake, and DK for 1 game. GGs. I was the Dark Link/Yellow Kirby/GnW/Purple Luigi/and a few other characters I cant remember.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Played with a really good Marth and Ganon last night, both of you sure knew your characters. I was the Ike that had massive Zelda appeal. Pretty fun-filled sudden death matches, especially. Apologies to the Marth, though, as he seemed really eager to play me every game even when I made it clear that I was more interested in spending quality time with the Zelda in our room. :applejack:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
GGs to the Blue Link and multicolored Peach I just spent a good amount of the night with, and the random guy who came in closer to the end.

Link and Peach, you know each other? You guys seemed telepathic or something sometimes.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Great games to a neutral kirby/pink yoshi doing team combos and a few 1v1s with me (white kirby) If you're reading this message me I want to 2v2 with you man xD
I also used pink falcon early on to troll

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Couple of good matches I recall from the previous night.

- The Mario to my Bowser. Shifted colors, and mostly strayed from fighting others.

- The Red MK/Olimar/Green Jiggs. I trolled as Game and Watch early on, but when we had the few 1v1s, I switched to Mario and S/Zamus.

- Ike in Doubles. I went everything from Falcon to Manondorf (we went Double Ganons at one point). There was a fairly annoying Lucas/Luigi who kept spamming Up/Forward Smash the whole time, as well as a why-so-serious MK/Toon Link.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm a blue zelda player that may have been seen at one time fighting against a pro meta knight (went falco for two matches) (extremely precise spacing, no second delays in grab > throws, just overall a fantastic player), perhaps a night or two ago.

If you are that meta knight, let me know.

GG.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
so ur that blue zelda player, yeah im that mk. I dont main him though lol
Could you tell me what happened during those matches, GYK? Give me a summary of the matches we played. I need you to confirm you are that MK.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Just wanting to ask this: Has anyone been encountering a player in BB whose status stays on "Selecting Character" regardless of time limit? Doesn't sound like much, but a friend of mine and I have encountered said player numerous times this week, usually around the morning hours. Probably a coincidence (though I doubt it at this point), but just wanting to see if anyone else has encountered him as well.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Just wanting to ask this: Has anyone been encountering a player in BB whose status stays on "Selecting Character" regardless of time limit? Doesn't sound like much, but a friend of mine and I have encountered said player numerous times this week, usually around the morning hours. Probably a coincidence (though I doubt it at this point), but just wanting to see if anyone else has encountered him as well.
Yes. And I always leave (because I have to). Its pretty dumb. I think i've seen it happen twice. but only once recently (yesterday).

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
my mk did a lot of grabs to combo strings to shuttle loops. u just did dins fire up smash and so on. most was on fd and temple. I was also a neutral mk.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
It's a hack. A lot of people have it.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
my mk did a lot of grabs to combo strings to shuttle loops. u just did dins fire up smash and so on. most was on fd and temple. I was also a neutral mk.
Who was the other guy playing as that wouldn't let you and I 1v1?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Destroyed a noob using normal Lucas, Peach and Captain Falcon earlier. I was a green Falco for the first match and a red/white Wario for every match after that, and went after him since he was using PK Freeze not to go against everyone, but was just targeting me while I was AFK, along with an AFK Fox. The Pink Diddy didn't seem to be fond of him either, so he and I teamed up on him. Eventually, on Pictochat, he resorted to spamming Falcon Punch, then disconnected shortly after. The guy was decent as Captain Falcon (other than the spam) and with Peach too, but was easy to beat with me and the Diddy going after him.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to everyone on TB last night who stuck with me til it was light out, lol. Best TB matches I've ever had. Waaay too many matches and characters to tell who was who, but Battlefield, FD, Corneria, and Melee Pokemon Stadium were picked a lot. There was a Link in there for a while that mirrored me on Pokemon Stadium for several matches while the other two watched. GGs, you were really solid. There was also a guy who seemed like a Fox main, and I think you stayed with me the longest. I played a lot of characters, but Link, Samus, and Captain Falcon are the ones I played the most/best with.

GGs to everyone, though. I couldn't have asked for better TB matches to go out with in this game's last days.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
AWESOME GAMES to p2 pika/mk p3 luigi/FOX (deadly fox) p4 toon link (ridiculous good) great matches, sorry had to bail (left as dorf) but got a call from work ><

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Aside from two Giga Bowsers, a Warioman, and more AFKers then you can count, there was really only one other guy I remember. He was a gold Pit player, but he wasn't very special. He could aim his arrows about as we as I could and he went for a few chaingrabs on me, (Never really turned out for him though.) but it felt like I just understood the character better or something.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
GGs Pink Peach, Blue Marth, Green Pikachu, Blue Link and the rest for playing respectively.

BGs to the Giga Bowser, (From my first match!) and Black TL and Red Pikachu team. Whatever happened to fighting fair?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
GGs Pink Peach, Blue Marth, Green Pikachu, Blue Link and the rest for playing respectively.

BGs to the Giga Bowser, (From my first match!) and Black TL and Red Pikachu team. Whatever happened to fighting fair?
Were you on Hyrule with a Pink Peach, Green Pikachu, and Zelda? Blue Link was around a little before switching characters too.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yeah, sounds about right. Who were you?
I was the Zelda/Falco/whoever was fighting the Peach on the top right corner. Were you Marth/Peach/Zelda? Or just the Peach that showed up after I was fighting the other one?

Last edited:

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Had a hilarious time with two other players (a Luigi, and someone else...) and one terribad Pika/Kirby... That Luigi's reads were on point though, was very impressed.

I was the white Icies player who was performing infinites and F-air meteors off the edge on the Red Kirby, lolol. Fished for grabs super hard, but Stone spam is not an option against characters who can 0-death...

Top Bottom