• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
@Finny: Omgosh. That was me. I was daisy/peach, ics/zelda/oli. That guy with green peach later switched into red and then regular peach. I stayed until connection was lost. Both of us kicked ***. If you could've you should've stayed. It was to much fun ^_^, and we werent going to fight you.

PS: You did fight a little bit. PSPS My chain grabs aren't that great online or in general. PSPSPS Finny you weren't that bad either.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Group I'm in right now, there's a white Marth/Pit, switched to match my character (black). They're really good, probably a little better than me, though it's hard to tell like this. Especially with this Puff/Yoshi randomly deciding to fight us and bring us to Temple. =/

Edit: Now he went Falco and the other player, a Zelda of course, seems to want to fight us as well. Gyah. =\

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Fought a good white Marth/gold Falco with a very interesting playstyle. I was the red Falcon/Fox/PT. The lag trolled me a bit, but I still enjoyed myself.

Later, I was in a group where I suspect a dark Fox or green PT was hacking. P4 (Zelda/ZSS/Link) was a noob. Eventually the hacker sent us to the HRC stadium and we all glitched through the floor and DCd. It hit me that since a CPU replaces someone who quit, and since we were all falling immobile, that group will live forever in that match. O.O

Zulo

Smash Ace
Might have been the Marth I found. Once again. Lol.

Also no, because the group disbands when there's only one player left. And even then, groups in BB DC once one person leaves. They're only replaced when it's a match with friends.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
(Me),
, and

It first started at Rainbow Cruise. At first I thought it was a 1 on 1 between
and
. Until
started attacking me and
. I KO
with UTilt then
starts attacking me suddenly. I win that round with +3 points.

The next round goes to Final Destination. Everyone including me is the same characters. I win that round again.
leaves.

Third round
goes
. We are at the Castle Siege.
wins since
was really bad.

Final round I stick to. We get a 4th that was
switches back to
. I had no intention of KOing
but he was attacking anyone close but he did try to focus more on
since he did get KOed within seconds by Ganondorf. I win this round with +6 points.

Overall. Good Ganondorf. If I didn't have to worry about that
as well I wouldn't had got caught in some of those Flame Chokes. I did save the replays of 3 of those rounds.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
CPUs do replace BB quitters

[...] And even then, groups in BB DC once one person leaves. They're only replaced when it's a match with friends. [...]
Actually, CPUs do replace players who simply leave Basic Brawl. Ever notice a taunter suddenly turn against allies, only to see the spot empty when the match is over? The taunter didn't have a change in heart; his/her connection was lost for whatever reason. It's only in Team Battle where leaving immediately disbands the group. The reason is that Team Battle was never designed to accommodate CPUs. It's a flaw in design.

This is one of the big reasons why taunt parties never get off the ground in Team Battle. It takes zero effort to disband them there. One has to do a little more to do so in Basic Brawl.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Just in a group with a great red Falco and green Peach/random. I played random, all red. I kind of slacked off and sometimes got punished for it. Really great matches, although the Falco only stayed like two matches.

Most lulzy moment: decent Wario crasher vs me (red Snake) and Peach/random (Snake). We ***** the **** out of him, but crap was exploding everywhere, including on us, xD.

GGs to both of you.

And, I think I was the last one to leave in the hacked match.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
wow great people on this morning O__o

Good White Bowser, also a red/white IC's that seemed to be able to do some fancy grab stuff. Also a Zelda that was super aggressive, and a black/white Sheik/Zelda that could DACUS. I like the black/white sheik the best, cause if she killed someone and the other person expected her to suicide for their -1, she would just destroy them.

If anyone's on here I was red MK, red/grayish Snake, and black toon link to match the black sheik/zelda before my wii screwed up with the disc error

Also white peach on about an hour ago. SZ7? idk, she was pretty good though, we didn't attack eachother so I was white characters to match her, and there was also a normal TL/gold ike in the room

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Annihilated some TB taunters just now. :-)

I entered Team Battle minutes ago as a non-main as I often do. However, my partner decided to taunt rather than fight. Obviously this left me at a disadvantage. So I switched characters for the next matches and proceded to unload completely on the former "partner." The others seemed to not like this, but were helpless to do anything about it, even while trying to fight me. They even tried suiciding over and over, to no avail. Oh, it was beautiful. :-) I'm keeping these replays to make yet another example of why taunt parties will always fail in Team Battle.

Basic Brawl is that way, fools! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Bwahahaha!

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Wasn't hard really

wait, you didn't lose? then how did you win?
I only lost the initial match when they started teaming together mid-match. Since I was just fooling around with a random character, intentionally playing like a n00b, I expected that. Then I caught them off-guard after switching to characters I am more comfortable with. Being used to taking on 2 or 3 in Basic Brawl, it's much easier in Team Battle, since they cannot do childish kill exchanges among one another.

I would have kept owning them, but lag eventually disconnected us a few matches later.

link2702

Smash Champion
yes.

but man oh man him staying proved to give me the most hilarious results in a match i've ever had.

stuff that should not EVER EVER EVER work on a normal player worked on him

the back throw to back throw to back throw for example...

link2702

Smash Champion
what makes it funny is cuz he actually fell for it.

I was curious if he was really THAT lousy that he would fall for something so ********.....

and he did.

I have a feeling that i could of actually kept Bthrowing him like that till the end of the match XD

Zulo

Smash Ace
Second kill was sexy even if it was on a complete noob.

And yes. Needs moar bthrow.

Finny

Smash Apprentice
@Finny: Omgosh. That was me. I was daisy/peach, ics/zelda/oli. That guy with green peach later switched into red and then regular peach. I stayed until connection was lost. Both of us kicked ***. If you could've you should've stayed. It was to much fun ^_^, and we werent going to fight you.

PS: You did fight a little bit. PSPS My chain grabs aren't that great online or in general. PSPSPS Finny you weren't that bad either.
:awesome:
cool cool, I thought it was someone here.

Well, I just kind of kicked the cpu around a little when it came my way, but if that counts, I guess.

I think I got replays of when a red falco/marth crashed.

And I wasn't able to stay, unfortunately, because I would have.

Hope we meet again sometime, I think I'd be able to recognize your Peach if I saw it again on bb.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
This is awesome how you can actually find people you have played on random here on smash boards. Hopefully i'll see you too again finny.

Something awesome happened.

I was IC's and this guy was randomly jumping around spamming Fairs from Mario on Hyrule temple. Well eventually he kept trying to hit me so I just grabbed him but didn't do anything and just let him go as a warning. Lol well he retaliates and he really takes control and is good about not getting grabbed. We played several re-matches I think he won most of them. But he did use meta-knight like a pro and obliterated my ICs in one match. Then I went mk and we were swaping off wins evenly. GGs to whoever this person was.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
How is that a noob Ike? -_-

I can obviously tell who the ultra-noob is; but you said they both are.

link2702

Smash Champion
because i'm the one playing as him.

and i don't main ike nor do i even use him often

hence the reason its a noob vs noob battle

sure that one ike player that i royally slaughtered was a mega noob, but where my ike there to go against an even someone intelligent player who knows the ike matchup even slightly, i'd be the one receiving the ****.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Won TB with idle partner as non-main

What's more satisfying than winning Team Battle with an idle partner? How about doing this when you're not one of your mains or secondaries or anything like that! You know it's bad when a Mario opponent kills himself with his own fireball next to an explosive crate. Oh, and when they make my idle partner grab the ledge, and then I knock them off, and they cannot recover. LOL.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I had a few times that the other team had a considerate feeling because my partner was AFC so he allowed me to Brawl his partner 1 on 1. Even those he would KO my partner all the time this his partner would SD so they would lose the easy point his partner wanted.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I'm that way too

I had a few times that the other team had a considerate feeling because my partner was AFC so he allowed me to Brawl his partner 1 on 1. Even those he would KO my partner all the time this his partner would SD so they would lose the easy point his partner wanted.
Yeah, that's what I do when I find the other team has an idle player. I tend to sit it out and let the other two duel if possible. I just might not notice it right away if I jump into the fight aggressively. Whether the other team reciprocates the next match when I'm paired with the idle player is another story altogether....

In my case from yesterday, though, the Mario Bros. opponents weren't exactly feeling sympathetic. They just weren't very good.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I fought in a group with a Warioman hacker today. I showed off in hopes he would respect my skill and leave me alone, which worked. The funniest part was when he grabbed a smash ball intentionally
and ***** them as normal Wario. I, of course, assisted him in this endeavor, and we beat the **** out of anything that came into the room. Some of the most fun I've had in a long time on Wifi. GGs.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Wonn, i was talking about why u didn't have -13 as your score. Obviously your teammate did not know how to SD well enough.lol

And that ike video is hilarious mainly because of the score. Good combos, never pulled off that jab to dtilt yet on any respectable player yet.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Not too far off

^

*Looks back at replay*

You're actually pretty close. I had +3, my suicidal "partner" had -12, my opponent who tried to fight had -2, and the remaining suicidal opponent had -10 to finish things off. So technically speaking, my so-called teammate was the most suicidal. Good thing I didn't let that stop me from fighting!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
(Me),
, and

It first started at Rainbow Cruise. At first I thought it was a 1 on 1 between
and
. Until
started attacking me and
. I KO
with UTilt then
starts attacking me suddenly. I win that round with +3 points.

The next round goes to Final Destination. Everyone including me is the same characters. I win that round again.
leaves.

Third round
goes
. We are at the Castle Siege.
wins since
was really bad.

Final round I stick to. We get a 4th that was
switches back to
. I had no intention of KOing
but he was attacking anyone close but he did try to focus more on
since he did get KOed within seconds by Ganondorf. I win this round with +6 points.

Overall. Good Ganondorf. If I didn't have to worry about that
as well I wouldn't had got caught in some of those Flame Chokes. I did save the replays of 3 of those rounds.
When was that? Was it before the 20th?I remeber beating a marth at castle Seige as Ganon.If not what coincidince.Haha.

Off -Topic: I Quit brawl somtime after Nov 20 for MGS PW HD Edition on Xbox360 that game addicting man.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Oh Ima play SSBB again in a bit Ima Brown Ganon also I'M rusty so if you him go a bit easy Like I said Ive been playin Peace Walker I might not play now MIGHT not
BTW have you heard of a game named POOYAN?

Zulo

Smash Ace
I'm in a group with a good black Pit who's willing to do 1v1s and usually throws away items. However, it's become an item spammy group and the other two don't seem to want to leave us alone. If this Pit is you, linky or someone else, say so or I'll probably leave.

link2702

Smash Champion
its not me, i've been asleep all day and sick soooo........

jeez hate how sick i've been today :c

had to come home from work...my managers basically said i look like and sound like crap and I'm not doing myself, them or the customers any favors by staying there with a cold like this..so they sent me home @_@;

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I'm come back after about 2 weeks and the social is locked? Oh well.....anyways last night this Zelda/ZSS/Samus and Pika/Sonic whoever the **** thought it a great idea to team on me. Long story short, Zelda leaves and I make the other guy regret coming online...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
LOL at this ****ty red MK. He thought he was "pro" because he tried to plank me. Well, you DID have a major faux pas. YOU DON'T STAY ON THE LEDGE WHEN THOSE INVINCIBILITY FRAMES ARE GONE, ******, ESPECIALLY AT 117%. Get Homing Attack ledge spiked, mother****er.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
GGs to the Peach in TB

Just want to say "good games" to the Peach recently in Team Battle. She dominated the first match with a +7 alone against a Snake and Ike on BoE. I was Samus for that match, and later switched to some high tier characters. Unfortunately I had to answer the phone and had to sit out a match. Thank you Peach for being considerate to my idle player and allowing the other two to duel. I got back just in the nick of time to save that match to see what happened while I was away. Good to see honorable players still out there. By the time I got back, I dominated a match, but nowhere near the extent Peach did initially. Everyone left right after that as luck would have it. Perhaps we'll meet again.

TheFourthOctave

Smash Cadet
(Was) In a Team Brawl room as Ness with an Ike(my team) and a Lucario and Samus. We reached sudden death, and Samus fired a Super Missile at me while Lucario charged. Ness's bat reflected them both back at their respective launchers. I laughed... and then everyone left. :p

Top Bottom