• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Dyclone

Smash Ace
This is just the weirdest and most frustrating TB group I've ever been in. A wolf and a ZSS made an alliance of some kind and won't fight each other. I'm the Link player. The Samus seems most interesting to me since the wolf is all spam. I'm playing around while the Samus seems so serious that the player will only taunt when they kill me.
Before I finished, someone DCed the group. lol. Probably the Samus
Having the Samus on my team was annoying. It was just a 2v1...
I wish the group wasn't like that, it would have been a great group otherwise.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
so frustrated with brawl right now. I was on a nice hot streak the last four days. The kind where you get kills on players you aren't even currently fighting, stealing final smashes, getting kills after being blasted to the edge with somebody else, ledge grabs and spikes, early dsmash gimps, dair push kills... And today, I had a stretch with 6matches 2 kills, still had given out over 300% damage in even my worst match, but damn I couldn't get a kill, and the harder I tried the worse it got. finally I went to team battle where my partner got all the benifit as I won every match, but my different partners got all the wreaths. I still wound up with 2 as my highest kill total, still kinda pissed.

:phone:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
You met the same group I met

This is just the weirdest and most frustrating TB group I've ever been in. A wolf and a ZSS made an alliance of some kind and won't fight each other. [...]
Yep, you just ran into the same group I commented about a couple pages back in this thread. Except in my case, it seemed that a Kirby eventually joined and played along with them. It seemed as though their intention was to always aim for Sudden Death and try to get me eliminated first. They failed several times before finally reaching that goal. Then the Kirby just taunted in the center of FD over and over, while the Wolf & ZSS would plank on the sides.

It was when my ZSS partner threw the match at the final second, nullifying my kills, that I kicked them all out. I don't tolerate that garbage in Team Battle.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Yep, you just ran into the same group I commented about a couple pages back in this thread. Except in my case, it seemed that a Kirby eventually joined and played along with them. It seemed as though their intention was to always aim for Sudden Death and try to get me eliminated first. They failed several times before finally reaching that goal. Then the Kirby just taunted in the center of FD over and over, while the Wolf & ZSS would plank on the sides.

It was when my ZSS partner threw the match at the final second, nullifying my kills, that I kicked them all out. I don't tolerate that garbage in Team Battle.
It happened once and I wouldn't let it happen again... so it didn't. It's probably two people who knew each other.
They are probably still going to do this same thing...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
In a group just a minute ago with a passive Jiggs/Luigi, gay Sonic/Ness, and a seemingly skilled but passive blue Lucas. The Ness was just a teamer and tried to attack me, and after he got a Sudden Death over me, I just ***** him, even when he camped. I picked Falcon, and jumped by him when he tried to do the Homing attack glitch on Temple to screw him over. Most of his losses were due to his own stupidity. I accosted him with setups, Knees, and SHOW ME YA MOVEZ. He wouldn't ragequit, so I eventually just taunted a bit and DC'd the group.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
In a group just a minute ago with a passive Jiggs/Luigi, gay Sonic/Ness, and a seemingly skilled but passive blue Lucas. The Ness was just a teamer and tried to attack me, and after he got a Sudden Death over me, I just ***** him, even when he camped. I picked Falcon, and jumped by him when he tried to do the Homing attack glitch on Temple to screw him over. Most of his losses were due to his own stupidity. I accosted him with setups, Knees, and SHOW ME YA MOVEZ. He wouldn't ragequit, so I eventually just taunted a bit and DC'd the group.
I just had to join to say that that Lucas was me. I stopped paying attention after a bit, so I had no idea why you were fighting that gay Sonic/Ness. I didn't care because I never really liked him anyway. Good job destroying him, though. :p I would've loved to fight you, but I didn't want to distract you.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
He was pissed at me for grab comboing him with Meta Knight when he trolled me the match before you came in. You should have got in there and finished off the Luigi/Jiggs, xD.

Either way, good job. TBH, I probably could have fought you both at the same time, LOL.

It's rare to see someone actually turn up on here.

BTW, if you thought that was fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6X5qqn-bBo&feature=related

I was obviously being a total ***, since I felt more like trolling than camping.

P.S. - Skip to 8:29 :troll:

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
lol good job being an ***. I don't fight unless I get hit a few times, or unless you get on my nerves by being annoying. I was close of joining you to kill the both of them...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I take the liberty of skill all the time, and attack anyone who isn't fighting. I waited for you to jump in, but eventually got sick of that ****** not leaving. You could tell Sonic was a little more than wary of me taunting in the last match. I eventually pulled the plug since he wouldn't leave and I just felt I needed some way to mentally justify DCing the group.

Actually, I was wary of you as well. I didn't know if you were mindgaming or not, and I could tell by your behavior you weren't a noob.

Then again, I shouldn't have. I'm always willing to dive in to a fight with anyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrMjgLyQdxo&feature=related

Dark is a better player than I am, though.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
You both are highly skilled. You would know if I'm mindgaming you. I would: dash towards you, hit you, run away, taunt, and then repeat. Sometimes I would play like a noob for the first two rounds in Lucas' normal clothes, then switch to Claus' clothes and be more serous.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
LOL, that's not mindgaming. That's utter ***********. My favored mindgame is the M2K scare: Sitting motionless, then using an unexpected attack while they're still trying to grasp what the **** is going on.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
It won't work if the opponent isn't afraid of you... at all...
You are just throwing terms around.
I'm getting so many boring groups or none at all at times

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
People do that to me all the time. Whenever I see a Meta knight, I just kill them. He is on the top of my list to kill, because a Meta knight always hits me first. If I'm all the way on the other side, they'll bypass everyone just to hit me, and then run...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It won't work if the opponent isn't afraid of you... at all...
You guys are just throwing terms around.
****** ****! Wifi noobs are always afraid of me.

People do that to me all the time. Whenever I see a Meta knight, I just kill them. He is on the top of my list to kill, because a Meta knight always hits me first. If I'm all the way on the other side, they'll bypass everyone just to hit me, and then run...
I've seen some passive Meta Knights. I usually start a match judging who to kill. When I target noobs, good players usually follow.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I've seen like...10 passive Meta Knights out of like 50. I usually start a fight when I'm bored; which is often.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
To be honest, yeah. After awhile, any good Meta Knight that fought me, I killed. I noticed that most of the ones I fight have the same skills and techs as the other ones I fought. The odd thing is, I always beat them in the air, and when trying to recover. Some things that help my match up with him is when I'm friends with one and we fight each other. That helped my game a lot.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Then you fight a pro using some obscure character and got *****? LOL

I find a lot of noobs don't know how in hell to handle a good Sonic. They can't camp either, since I can always Spinshot and catch up to them again.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I tend to stay away from Sonic's. They just make me so angry. Noob Sonics always think that ftilting is the answer to all their problems. Sonic's ftilt<Lucas' down smash...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I don't get why anger is even necessary. Just dodge roll behind them, since they generally try to use forward attacks the most.

Zulo

Smash Ace
In this group, there are two 1v1s going on. I'm going against a Lucario/PT so far. Unfortunately, it's a little laggy. All the players are competent. Is this maybe you, CK?

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
In this group, there are two 1v1s going on. I'm going against a Lucario/PT so far. Unfortunately, it's a little laggy. All the players are competent. Is this maybe you, CK?
No, I haven't played at all today.

kaazers

Smash Master
Is this any of you guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaB62A3trr4

I only remembered to save the replay 'cause I got trolled (skip to Sudden Death) and spent a good 30 seconds straight laughing. My sister (the Purple Toon Link in the room, by the way) was starting to give me weird looks, lol.

They played White Marth, Neutral Pit, Purple ZZS and finally Blue Goggles Pikachu. It sucked fighting the first three. Marths? Used to being beaten up by them since there are a couple of good ones out there. Pits? Not many of them are that good, but it happens from time to time. ZSS? I've never fought a really good before…I kept on thinking, "SHE CAN DO THAT?!" as I ate yet another aerial. But yeah, definitely the best player I've seen on BB in the past two weeks.

I wish you had stayed longer. If they're good, I have a tendency to play punching bag for the first 7+ rounds, and then finally "get it" and start putting up a decent fight. I know, slow. lol I'm still learning.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
About 7:10 EST: Found a Snake that just used tilts, jabs and DACUS. Laggy as ****.

SPAMMING GAY ATTACKS DOES NOT MAKE YOU PRO. GO EAT A ****.

7:33 EST: Pit, when I killed your friend and switched out of Meta Knight, it wasn't me you were screwing. It was your friend. :troll:

Zulo

Smash Ace
Is this any of you guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaB62A3trr4

I only remembered to save the replay 'cause I got trolled (skip to Sudden Death) and spent a good 30 seconds straight laughing. My sister (the Purple Toon Link in the room, by the way) was starting to give me weird looks, lol.

They played White Marth, Neutral Pit, Purple ZZS and finally Blue Goggles Pikachu. It sucked fighting the first three. Marths? Used to being beaten up by them since there are a couple of good ones out there. Pits? Not many of them are that good, but it happens from time to time. ZSS? I've never fought a really good before…I kept on thinking, "SHE CAN DO THAT?!" as I ate yet another aerial. But yeah, definitely the best player I've seen on BB in the past two weeks.

I wish you had stayed longer. If they're good, I have a tendency to play punching bag for the first 7+ rounds, and then finally "get it" and start putting up a decent fight. I know, slow. lol I'm still learning.
That was me. Glad you saved some matches, not gonna lie, I was doing pretty well those matches despite the lag if I remember correctly. Well except for on Pikachu. Lol suicides. xD Trust me, I would've stayed longer if I hadn't been disconnected. I got kinda lucky that I decided to fight you, because you ended up wanting to fight fairly and the other two decided to stay by and watch. Honestly the thing that stood out to me during those matches was your DI, more than your playstyle. Like at 1:02 in the video.

Actually the only match I saved was the one you uploaded, because of the sudden death kill. It made me look like a boss, but I got pretty lucky. Like, that was entirely luck. :awesome:

Foxblaze: What color were you and the Pit? And were you Fox before?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
After fighting the gayest group ever, I'm instituting a new rule in my crashing: the moment a taunter touches an item, they're DC'd. :grrr:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Heh, I do that in TB sometimes

^

LOL. I sometimes do something like that in Team Battle. If a group I just joined looks like it's going to be an item-fest, adios! Depending on my mood and how often I have been disconnecting item-fests previously, they might not get the luxury of playing even one match.

kaazers

Smash Master
ZULO: I noticed the characters and wondered if it was you.

As soon as the White Marth (I thought you played Green) spawned in the room, I knew he would jump past the Toon Link and Zelda, and go straight for me. Ikes apparently look very luscious to Marths and MKs.

DI is still kind of a mystery to me, but I'm glad it sounds like I'm improving in that department.

I had fun anyway. I think I could have learned a few things had the fights continued. But yeah, lolol I'm still gonna pretend you totally went psychic on me with the arrows there for coolness' sake.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I cycle through colors now. I use all but yellow Pit, any color Marth, and any but neutral ZSS. I try to stay the same color through my characters while in a group as much as possible, though.

Eh you just aim yourself to the corner of the stage and, with Ike, bair. We could brawl sometime 1v1 if you want (can't tonight), or maybe we'll see each other again in BB.

Oh, and it's funny you thought my ZSS was the most surprising, since she's the worst of my mains. There are just never any on BB so I understand you not knowing what she can do.

kaazers

Smash Master
I'm usually either Ike or Snake. Different colors as well.

Yeah, I got the basics of DI down just nothing much more than that. I'm getting there, though!

Barring the novelty factor of ZSS I honestly hated fighting your Pit more, lol. Anyway I hope I run into you again on BB, and get some ZSS/Pit practice in.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Saw a great TPer Squirtle that knew how to hydroplane and I didn't pay attention to what else he did. I played neutral Ganon/Falcon. On the second match, the group got too noobtastic ( plus it was on Green Greens :glare: ) and I was getting bored, so I DC'd.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Sticker Rain hack returns!

As luck would have it, I ran into the Sticker Rain hacker once again about 80 minutes ago. It was again on the Wifi Practice Stage and again it was too tempting to pick up the stickers while the fight was active. I saved the replay once more, but this time it did not seem to flicker as much. It's probably because my Pit partner did a good job cleaning up on the stickers before they infested the place.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I'm usually either Ike or Snake. Different colors as well.

Yeah, I got the basics of DI down just nothing much more than that. I'm getting there, though!

Barring the novelty factor of ZSS I honestly hated fighting your Pit more, lol. Anyway I hope I run into you again on BB, and get some ZSS/Pit practice in.
I like it when people say my Pit is annoying. It's kinda my goal. :reverse:

FoxBlaze: I saw a Squirtle hydroplaning today too but I didn't really pay much attention to him either. May have been the same one. -shrug-

David: Can you send me that?

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I rarely get "friend" in BB and rarely even go there but last Thursday night... I did! At first he was a Meta Knight who just tried to over power me but he soon found out I knew how to counter him very well. After a while he left me alone and switched up his characters to Dedede/Wario/Marth. We somehow came to respect each other. Other brawlers came and went but we stayed in the room. We had become team mates. We owned anyone and everyone that came into our room. If taunt partiers came in we would just chill out of boredom and I would just let my Kirby run around going "hup!" all over the stage. When a fight did break out it was epic! I must have come to his rescue countless of times but it was all good. He was a decent brawler and we pulled out great team work! I went to sleep a little late that day but I felt it was a bit worth it. :)

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Not enough people like that anymore.

At least you get an extra noob to annhilate with no teammate in that spot.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Replay sent

[...] David: Can you send me that?
I just sent it. You'll notice how distracting the stickers are for me, just like in the other one I sent previously. Do I fight, or do I go for more stickers than I can hope to get in a Bonus Chance in Spectator Mode?

Finny

Smash Apprentice
God, it's been a while.
Anyway, green peach (P2) and orange peach (P3) who also played ICs/zelda/oli fighting crashers/cpus. I was Diddy/pika/sheik and didn't fight because I wasn't in the mood and I absolutely suck vs peach. But I enjoyed watching you two esp P3. Don't see great peaches on wifi too often.

Top Bottom