• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Anyone noobs are a lot campier lately? :mad:

Not going into detail....
Yes. Team battles are plagued with these types of people, who are only relying on smash attacks and items more than ever now. I hardly even attempt to start a fight on Basic Brawl anymore, too, as it's just so frustrating to have to deal with all that crap, what with the lag being there and all as well.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Some green Falcon decided to troll me in BB today. I was having a fun 1v1 with a Luigi when he decides to follow me around and jab me. I tried to ignore him but the Luigi seemed to be fine with fsmashing me out of his jab. The Luigi did go after the Falcon afterwards though, so I guess he wasn't all bad. Anyways after targeting him relentlessly (and embarrassingly ineffectively at least once), I trolled him back as Puff then disconnected for good measure. I would have felt bad about DC'ing but he interrupted a really good match.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Anyone notice how you think a wifi player is half decent until they pick Ike?

Their consequence will be ****.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Encountered a pink Diddy/purple Samus and a pink Zelda that seemed to have some kind of alliance. It made me sick so I wanted to destroy them. I got off some wins but most of the time I would be closing in on a KO and then the other person would ruin. We were DCd my the pink Diddy/purple Samus before I could have real fun...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Taunters ****ing disgust me. I was ****** this campy Peach/Kirby, and when we get to a no-campers, Unity stage, it starts teabaging, and the other ******* (pacifist Snake/Ganon and Wolf/Marth) suddenly want to protect the noob and use themselves as meat shields ( Well, you *****es realize you kind of need to fight?) And someone DCd us ( I assume one of the Taunter Bros. ) :mad::mad::mad:

Seen a lot of good players lately. To the red olitard/yoshi/light blue marth, the Ness/Falcon player (now Lucas ) later teabagged for mercy in SD.

He received none.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Was in a group with a stage hacker yesterday. The green Peach was probably the culprit and a two-face. I had fun though. I was green Snake/green C.Falcon/tan Ike.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
TB campers never learn

I was just in Team Battle against a camping Pit in Temple. He just spammed arrows from the highest platform on the upper right. Fortunately my Snake and partner's Captain Falcon didn't take the bait. We just teamed up against Sonic with ease. Later the Sonic changed to Zelda and camped with the Pit. Both my Snake and Captain Falcon partner spent one match letting them do their thing in the corner. We let it go to Sudden Death and owned them there.

And as luck would have it, I have run into the camping Pit again! When will the Pit learn that camping doesn't work in Team Battle when my partner and I just ignore him?

I am so enjoying these failed tactics.

Edit: I just box gimped the Pit and his partner on Corneria! LOL.

Edit2: So sad to see that someone quit and disconnected the group. Was that you Pit or your partner? Perhaps I'll run into you again if I am lucky.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Had some fun lastnite. This (p2)Olimar/Wario/Sonic/Mario/Luigi/Ness/Pika and a sucky (p3)Zelda/Pika/Kirby/Ike were fighting me, green Snake/tan Ike/green C. Falcon. I mostly tried fighting p2 cuz he wwas obviously the better and cuz he got butthurt about me KOing him. The p3 kept interfering and everytime the p3 hit p2 on accident, he'd give p3 the point. -.- It was real pathetic especially since this guy was decent. I got the short end of the stick mostly but I pulled off a few wins as well. The p2 eventually left which left p3 and a neutral p4. It was time for revenge so I effortlessly destroyed p3 in the next match while p4 took on a cpu.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I get a lot of them. They don't deserve the skill they have. But I love running into groups that want ONLY to prevent me from winning. It makes it all the more satisfying when I WIN.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I'm beginning to realize something. TPs have been getting ***** for about two years now, but the infection is still raging.

Mass DCing is our only hope.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I don't really like doing that though. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
In other news, I 2-stocked this Ness with my NarutoWeegee while a dark Sheik stood by. Ya like dat upB? :troll:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
XD. ***** a team of two peaches with TL, they both sucked. In SD, one thought it were big **** for airdodging my boomerang, but that didn't save it from my dsmash. :troll:

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I'm beginning to realize something. TPs have been getting ***** for about two years now, but the infection is still raging.

Mass DCing is our only hope.
There is always a way, but that's not one of them.........

Played on BB for a little while. Found a bad ike that became my partner and i taught him the arts of jab cancelling. His life will never be the same again.

D/C'd found another ike but he was alright. Kept on using his smashes as if hoping to hit me. Stupid sonic wants to make everyone to think that im a crasher. Bring it on!
Sadly no one wanted to fight me except the ike and we double teamed the sonic for interrupting our fights.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
There isn't always a way. We've been kicking *** for two years, but they're still the same.

Well, for you, less than one year.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yeah, but items and lag and **** are all problems, so no one feels bad about sucking on wifi.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Confirmed: MechaWave was none of these Peaches that were spoken of.

How to Tell if a Peach is MechaWave
- Glide-toss turnips
- Generally doesn't suck (use Side-B as an approach, excessive Fairs, etc.)
- Does an instant turnip pull (running to the edge and cancelling the pull animation); I usually do this to show-off in TPs
- Red Peach/Pink Zelda, sometimes a Pink Dedede
- Utilt at the end of every match (not all the time) NOTE I just started doing this for us WiFi peoples ♥♥♥
- As Zelda: can actually destroy you unlike other Zeldas that spam smashes
- As Zelda: try grabbing, if I grab you I will then Dthrow you usually <20%

There you guys go. Look for me! :3

FIREL

Smash Ace
- Utilt at the end of every match (not all the time) NOTE I just started doing this for us WiFi peoples ♥♥♥
Hmm... signature ending taunt
Mine is Luigi's Up-taunt 1st pose (peace sign)... or shoryuken

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'm starting to gain interest in BB again (Never getting back 'into' Brawl). I've definitely trolled a pretty large amount of players -- familiar with competitive Brawl -- recently with my MK, but none of them mentioned me in this thread :c. So, if anyone sees a pink / green MK in BB picking on scrubs, taunters, and generally anyone who attempts to **** with him, keep this post in mind!

Erm, just to be a biiiiiiit more specific on how to tell me apart from other SWF users on BB:

• Whenever I'm in a good mood or desperate, I Dsmash up to four times in the same spot
  • I ALWAYS [attempt to] instant toss every item I come across
  • When provoked, my B button becomes dirty and a darker shade of red (nado-happy)
  • I always tauntbag -> dash dance -> Fsmash whenever a decent player approaches me in a friendly manner
  • It's very rare that I get serious and play carefully; my MK plays impatiently and aggressively 98% of the time, meaning that it's highly probable that I'll fall for the dumbest ****
  • If there's a scrub who won't calm the **** down, I tend to pick Snake and spam the first hit of his Ftilt (between lag, the general aggro nature of scrubs, and every other player in the room, it's pretty easy to rack up a good every time said scrub is within Ftilt range 30%), DACUS a lot, and troll them with wavebouncing
  • Oh right, and I only plank with Uair --> SL

link2702

Smash Champion
idk wtf is going on but i keep running into good players tonight.

:c
and all of em are using metafag

ugh....

this is more frustrating tonight then enjoyable

then everyone's gangin up on me at once XCCCCCCCCC with the decent player mixed in with the noobs all going at me at once....and it being metafag(i swear that one prick with the dark meta got lucky that one match in the meta ditto, then the *** dropped out soon as i picked my main.)

ugh.....one frustrating thing after another tonight.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I'm starting to gain interest in BB again (Never getting back 'into' Brawl). I've definitely trolled a pretty large amount of players -- familiar with competitive Brawl -- recently with my MK, but none of them mentioned me in this thread :c. So, if anyone sees a pink / green MK in BB picking on scrubs, taunters, and generally anyone who attempts to **** with him, keep this post in mind!

Erm, just to be a biiiiiiit more specific on how to tell me apart from other SWF users on BB:

• Whenever I'm in a good mood or desperate, I Dsmash up to four times in the same spot
  • I ALWAYS [attempt to] instant toss every item I come across
  • When provoked, my B button becomes dirty and a darker shade of red (nado-happy)
  • I always tauntbag -> dash dance -> Fsmash whenever a decent player approaches me in a friendly manner
  • It's very rare that I get serious and play carefully; my MK plays impatiently and aggressively 98% of the time, meaning that it's highly probable that I'll fall for the dumbest ****
  • If there's a scrub who won't calm the **** down, I tend to pick Snake and spam the first hit of his Ftilt (between lag, the general aggro nature of scrubs, and every other player in the room, it's pretty easy to rack up a good every time said scrub is within Ftilt range 30%), DACUS a lot, and troll them with wavebouncing
  • Oh right, and I only plank with Uair --> SL
I think I played you yesterday. Do you remember facing a Marth/Pit? I don't remember what colors I used, probably white or green. The person I faced used (I think green) MK and did dsmash my shield three times in a row, the third time poked. Not that spamming dsmash is really an identifying characteristic of Meta Knights... Anyways, this player also used Falco to try to run away from me on Temple, I believe also went Snake? Idk, he used a few characters. I can't tell you apart from Sephy's brother in my memory, I played him last night as well and you guys played kinda similarly.

Oh, and the MK planked, but I wasn't going to be stupid enough to approach him so he didn't have to use any uairs.

I wouldn't say I got /trolled/, but I do remember you doing something that upset me.. I just can't remember what.. xD Do you use items? That would probably have done it.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
In the morning I entered a room who hacked the stage with the target test one. A ZSS attacked me so I KOd her and gave back her point as a warning. Then the white Marth starts coming after me. In sudden death I utilted both the Marth and Zamus, since we all appear in one spot on the target test stage, with the Peach being the only smart one to shield but I didn't have any problems with her so that was alrite.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I think I played you yesterday. Do you remember facing a Marth/Pit? I don't remember what colors I used, probably white or green. The person I faced used (I think green) MK and did dsmash my shield three times in a row, the third time poked. Not that spamming dsmash is really an identifying characteristic of Meta Knights... Anyways, this player also used Falco to try to run away from me on Temple, I believe also went Snake? Idk, he used a few characters. I can't tell you apart from Sephy's brother in my memory, I played him last night as well and you guys played kinda similarly.

Oh, and the MK planked, but I wasn't going to be stupid enough to approach him so he didn't have to use any uairs.

I wouldn't say I got /trolled/, but I do remember you doing something that upset me.. I just can't remember what.. xD Do you use items? That would probably have done it.
I can recall fighting a Marth last night, but he constantly tried to Dtilt my planking, not to mention that another player decided to team up against me as well (which ultimately ended up failing for both of them =P). I personally find that a bit uncanny, however, as I usually pick spacie and circle camp on Temple after pissing someone off. Unfortunately, I went Fox yesterday when I'd decided that it would be a fun idea to simply run around and "play tag" with everyone in the room -- and to answer your other question, I always keep items off, but never hesitate to use them ;)

Oh well, I guess that I'll SL at the end of every match from now on.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Huh. I might have the days mixed up, since it does seem like it could've been you. I have a bad memory for these things, lol.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
GG's to whoever that Link, Wario, and Fox user was, and GG's to this Zelda player I just faced in a different room. Y'all were great. =P

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Got the TV up and running, but it'll take some getting used to playing on it. I had part of my muscle memory based on sound ( of the old TV's harsh, crappy audio ) and now I'm getting used to the new one, and screwing up a lot.

To this blue Ike I fought today, you were almost decent, I could tell you had seen what a good Ike playstyle looks like, but Nair, Jab, ( not even canceled ), and item spam is NOT THE SOLUTION! **** WITH THE ITEMS, **********!

But I did forget this one Ganon player, GGs, you were decent, although my Link WOULD have consistently ***** you had it not been for that damn Dark TL noob getting in the way.:mad::mad::mad:

Also, to the Bowser/Olitard/Wario/DDD user, who I never got to fight, you seemed really good.

I used red Fox/Marth, neutral MK, and white Snake.

EDIT, 5:09 P.M.- Fought with this really good random main, used mostly green or brown, and our last match was my red Marth + your green Falco vs two noobs. I would have stayed longer, but those ****ing scrubs just wouldn't leave.:mad:

GGs, though.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Nah, haven't seen any of those. I've seen a few pink MKs but no greenies.

Keep in mind I just started using the Utilt signature taunty mibobber. Prior to that you may have faced me but yeah, I should be pretty easy to tell apart from. Especially those people who've played me in friendlies. :3

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I think I played with a green MK yesterday (played other characters too). We taunted before we started to fight and I constantly changed characters. It wasn't the sort that we'd give points back after we killed each other, we would just keep going. There was this player who kept interrupting us.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Zulo & I met up again in Basic Brawl!

Earlier this afternoon, Zulo and I coincidentally met up in Basic Brawl once more, and this time we weren't even trying to time it that way! Go figure. My ability to taunt transform Samus at will was what tipped off Zulo to my presence, and I confirmed it over AIM.

Those sure were fun matches, teaming up against whatever randoms happened to show up! We mostly slaughtered them, but occasionally one or two would give us trouble with those ridiculously annoying items. We mostly fought fair, as in no exchanging KOs amongst one another. However, when they fight with items, all bets are off. I know Zulo may disagree with some of my tactics for out-trolling the trolls, but it was all in good fun. Let's find that Captain Falcon and Zelda once more!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Fought with a good green/dark Sonic today, but only for two matches, since I realized early on that noob Bowser ( the crasher one ) would never leave.

Also fought a variety of gay players today, from item spammers to campers. :mad::mad::mad:

Every day, I pray these kids of people will be burning in hell, being skinned and having their limbs and organs torn to pieces as they scream through blood-filled throats in agony and torment. :demon:

That thought makes me feel much better.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Fought with a good green/dark Sonic today, but only for two matches, since I realized early on that noob Bowser ( the crasher one ) would never leave.

Also fought a variety of gay players today, from item spammers to campers. :mad::mad::mad:

Every day, I pray these kids of people will be burning in hell, being skinned and having their limbs and organs torn to pieces as they scream through blood-filled throats in agony and torment. :demon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPd_Ktr7FWk

Zulo

Smash Ace

The trolls, they are winning.

Oh yes, and excellent games David. We didn't really need to team to beat them but it was oh so fun.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
The problem is, trolls DO win. If you pick Bowser and have to fight a campy, item spammy, gay Sonic noob in a laggy match, YOU WILL NOT WIN.

So we can just go back to everything being Sakurai's fault. ;)

kaazers

Smash Master
For the first time, I was in a fighting group where all four players had items turned off. It was awesome. Oh, and this was last night.

GG's to P2 Green&Pink (but later on Red) MK / Ganondorf / Black Ness / Green Snake / Tan Ike / Pokemon Trainer / Blue Zelda / Blue Yoshi / Blue Kirby

P3 and P4 seemed to switch characters every round so I couldn't keep track.

I was Red Ike.

P1 vs P2, P4 vs P3 Itemless matches. Matches were on BF at the start, later on FD. If we got it, all of us jumped off during Sudden Death since none of us cared. I lost a good couple of wins or Sudden Deaths because I seemed to be the only one who gave back a point the few times I accidentally stole a kill -- I stopped bothering eventually, lol.

He stayed MK more than the other characters. Alternated between Pink and Green, and way later on went Red, too (I remember this because the first time he went red we were on BF and I dtilt spiked him, lol). This guy was a pivot grabbing junkie. As MK he liked to plank near the last 20 or so seconds almost every time he KO'd me if he was at a high percentage; spammed Tornado (I swear, only to annoy me); and really spammed d-smash, typical MK stuff.

In the beginning, when he was really ****** me with his MK, after each kill he did this thing after a taunt that I could only describe as an…advancing rapid teabagging of some sorts, lol. His Snake knew how to DACUS and Wavebounce -- a rarity on BB. He only played Snake for one round -- pretty much every character for one round except for MK and the occasional Ganondorf. Anyway, with the stuff he knew I think he's on these boards, somewhere.

I can tell you know how to troll, but I had fun. xD

Edit: 4:30 AM EST- Was just in a room with a White DK/Olimar(P2), Neutral Ganondorf(P3) and a Red Peach/Pink Yoshi/White Bowser(P4). Neutral Ganodorf did the Flight of Ganon and the Red Peach did instant turnip pulls and glide-tossed them, too. Wonder if it was AV and/or Mecha? Even the Olimar did the shield flashing. wut.

Top Bottom