• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Patience is the key in SD. Don't rush at a noob if bombs are falling, esp. on a small stage, or if you're just at a disadvantageous position. Chances are they'll screw up, or just not tech at all, and you'll win.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Patience is the key in SD. Don't rush at a noob if bombs are falling, esp. on a small stage, or if you're just at a disadvantageous position. Chances are they'll screw up, or just not tech at all, and you'll win.
I guess I'm just not good when I'm being spammed at while the it is safe

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Just practice your PSing. Sooner or later the *********** noob will get hit with a bomb.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, stage choice is a major factor.

Plus, noobs on wifi choose temple 95% of the time, so there shouldn't be many issues.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
^I can think of 3-4 spots like that, otherwise planking is an option.
I can rarely tech on wifi. The timing is so weird since I have to hit R before I get hit and I am not willing to try to practice it

Sephy95

Smash Lord
It gets easier after you keeping practicing. I do it a lot with Snake under Temple during SD. UpB, fall c4 tech. The most I've done is 7 techs in a row before dying eventually. Plus it makes you feel like a badass. lol

Zulo

Smash Ace
Just got a hack group that rained random items. I was pwning with Marth's counter but the game froze and disconnected as expected. The group was pretty good, I wish the hacker had done something that didn't cause a DC. But oh well, ggs before that.

Found him again. Took 5 seconds to DC this time lol. Stop eeeet.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Had a group like that one Zulo. Except this G&W completely killed the fun out of it and started attacked. I couldn't do much cuz of all the items I kept grabbing by accident. He payed eventually though when it stopped in another match.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
.I met a color changing Ness last night and all he did was spam up B at everyone that join our group. He did it so well, better than me. He sent them into the air and used PK thunder. He completely shut off airdodging and kept them in the air forever. The difference between his ability and mine was that he could get them into a PKT2 for an early kill when he wanted/could. When the group calmed down, I dittoed him. Overall I'd say we where even, if not, he was the better Ness... he beat me down with GaW though :awesome: . Anyone?

Sephy95

Smash Lord
A player like that always never will respond. I've realized now that most people we come across that were worth posting about, 95% or higher of the time won't respond. Its either one of 2 options why. The obvious one: They don't have a clue about smashboards, or: They were badly beaten so they're too embarrassed to say anything.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Honey attracts more flies than vinegar

From personal experience in meeting 3 people here in Team Battle, I find they are more likely to respond when I compliment their playstyle in some way. Of course it's hard not to talk about the really bad players sometimes. Even I am guilty of that on occasion.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Not getting any good groups today. Was just in a group with a fsmash-spammy Fox/Wolf and a GaW that decided to team up on me. Would've been fine on a neutral stage but meh. The Fox left and I... kinda 1v1ed the GaW, who turned out to be okay at punishing.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Had a damn good fighter last night, early morning. So sad he played with items occasionally.

He switched characters every battle but I remember him being a regular Dedede/G&W/Falco and I was Red Peach and Pink Dedede.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Just fought in a group with two people who were obviously friends who found each other in basic brawl. They chose the same character each time. We had Ganon triplets a lot, and once all four players were Ganon. One of them seemed pretty good, the other was a random basically. Still awesome matches, I saved the Ganon quad even though it was my personal worst match.

Edit: Lucas doing the shield signal. Fourth?

Zulo

Smash Ace
Yeah. I for some reason thought that wasn't you and Retro wanted to brawl, so I left the group. Sorry.

How was it less laggy with four players than it is now with two. xD

David Wonn

Smash Ace
GGs to the Marth on Brinstar in TB

I was just recently in a handful of Team Battles as Samus with a pretty good Marth. Every match went to Brinstar, and we just couldn't be beaten as a team. Our opponents generally weren't much to speak of though. When we were on separate teams, we split the victories. Unfortunately one of the others disconnected us in the waiting room. Brinstar just might become a new favorite stage for my Samus, as I already like it with certain other characters.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Just finished playing a Zelda(Pink/black)/Red Peach/Pink DDD/red Kirby/Black Bowser.Well....the first three characters,at least.P2 fought them later on.Thank you for knowing how the hell you're supposed to fight DK.The past week or two,I've been dealing with players who have no ****ing clue how to fight him.Though was DDD REALLY necessary? <.<

My DK sucks,though lol

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
I...actually haven't seen that much.And they didn't really need to because their Peach actually knew how to play the matchup. =P
What I HAVE been seeing alot of lately are Lucases.Many of them being bad ones.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Peach has an advantage on DK. The ones I seen online get too greedy in trying to combo DK every time resulting in be hit by tilts, smashes, or down B. Otherwise then again I can almost count how many times I've seen DK used on BB at all. Just so far I See Dedede picks on DK and they do the chain grab on him.

:phone:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
just finished playing a zelda(pink/black)/red peach/pink ddd/red kirby/black bowser.well....the first three characters,at least.p2 fought them later on.thank you for knowing how the hell you're supposed to fight dk.the past week or two,i've been dealing with players who have no ****ing clue how to fight him.though was ddd really necessary? <.<

my dk sucks,though lol
that was me!! Holy ****!!!!! ^_______^

Sorry, I didn't mean to choose Dedede for the sake of his CG. I just enjoy playing as him from time-to-time.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
that was me!! Holy ****!!!!! ^_______^

Sorry, I didn't mean to choose Dedede for the sake of his CG. I just enjoy playing as him from time-to-time.
Don't worry about it.I kinda deserved it for the ledge planking earlier.My bad. ^^;
Too bad the room had desynced. ._.
Either way,GGs. =3

Edit: I had originally CP'd Sheik,but since that other guy was fighting you,I decided to stay back and not interfere.Unlike SOMEONE ELSE.<<

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Don't worry about it.I kinda deserved it for the ledge planking earlier.My bad. ^^;
Too bad the room had desynced. ._.
Either way,GGs. =3

Edit: I had originally CP'd Sheik,but since that other guy was fighting you,I decided to stay back and not interfere.Unlike SOMEONE ELSE.<<
GGs as well. Not trying to john but I wasn't playing as well as I usually do, there was some lag.

The other guy was a noob. I usually test this with my awful Bowser (whom I would never use in a tourney).

@SZ7: Errrughhh the awful iteeemmmsss D= Even some casual players dislike them.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I left a group and just got off recently. Items were being turned on. Pokeball. I'm hating them so much now because these crashers or annoyances grab them and get lucky near every time and get the strong Pokemon. (Latios/Latias, Kyogre, Moltres, and Torchic which with Torchic they get an easy fully charge smash out of it.) While I get the real useless ones. Couldn't train on Pikachu/Lucario due to frame drops, and the items right now. Maybe I will try again tonight.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
It's so easy to get TPers to turn on you.
Making this short, I just joined a TP group and there was a PT user. The player got the smash ball and after that he came to me at the highest point in Temple and started ducking. He was doing that earlier and to the point of annoying me so I used back throw and as soon as I did that, he used triple finish... WTFFF? Lucky I dropped down before it could use the FS. Realizing he was a true enemy and that I had a reason to laugh at/fight him, I went for it but never had the intention of killing. The other two were pretty neutral. In SD, this PT just wailed at me with everything and failed to kill me while all it took to kill was a Usmash. I celebrated with the spamming of Oli's jump taunt and waited for the other to die while I run around taunting.

Top Bottom