• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

9Kplus1

Smash Master
For the first time, I was in a fighting group where all four players had items turned off. It was awesome. Oh, and this was last night.

GG's to P2 Green&Pink (but later on Red) MK / Ganondorf / Black Ness / Green Snake / Tan Ike / Pokemon Trainer / Blue Zelda / Blue Yoshi / Blue Kirby

P3 and P4 seemed to switch characters every round so I couldn't keep track.

I was Red Ike.

P1 vs P2, P4 vs P3 Itemless matches. Matches were on BF at the start, later on FD. If we got it, all of us jumped off during Sudden Death since none of us cared. I lost a good couple of wins or Sudden Deaths because I seemed to be the only one who gave back a point the few times I accidentally stole a kill -- I stopped bothering eventually, lol.

He stayed MK more than the other characters. Alternated between Pink and Green, and way later on went Red, too (I remember this because the first time he went red we were on BF and I dtilt spiked him, lol). This guy was a pivot grabbing junkie. As MK he liked to plank near the last 20 or so seconds almost every time he KO'd me if he was at a high percentage; spammed Tornado (I swear, only to annoy me); and really spammed d-smash, typical MK stuff.

In the beginning, when he was really ****** me with his MK, after each kill he did this thing after a taunt that I could only describe as an…advancing rapid teabagging of some sorts, lol. His Snake knew how to DACUS and Wavebounce -- a rarity on BB. He only played Snake for one round -- pretty much every character for one round except for MK and the occasional Ganondorf. Anyway, with the stuff he knew I think he's on these boards, somewhere.

I can tell you know how to troll, but I had fun. xD
GGs, that noob MK was me =P

Yeah, I definitely learned that pink and green are my lucky colors lol

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Hey Mecha, there's this red Peach in this room I'm in who's glide tossing turnips and spamming utilt a lot (I was playing as white Ganon, neutral Yoshi, and now, red Kirby). Is that you?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
No. I didn't see a white Ganon or Kirby but I did play a Brown Ganon.

THE WIERDEST **** IS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW.

!!! THIS MIGHT BE THE RAREST AND DOWNRIGHT MOST EXPLOITABLE GLITCH in BRAWL!!!!!!

Okay, so I'm in this room w/a black Marth and regular Sonic. We were fighting this noob black Link. All is good. Then something awkward happens.

Everyone leaves. I pick Olimar. Then instantly a P2/P3 pop up. However it's the same people, just w/o black Link.

Then even more weird stuff. I can SEE P1's status on the Wi-Fi Waiting Room. Selecting Stage... Practice Stage... etc! However, P3's status has disappeared.

So the game starts. I can't move. Olimar is nowhere to be found. However a random TL is doing nothing and switching colors. IT'S AS IF I'M VIEWING A REAL-TIME SPECTATOR MATCH!

P4 then joins, however I still can't move. This goes on for 3 matches before I'm D/C'd.

This was a really rare occurance, and this was vBrawl! No codes whatsoever. Shows how bad Brawl's Wi-Fi was coded and rushed. =/

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I'm pretty sure i met the furry on BB. Whoever he was, he was a ****ing traitor. HE had a knowledge of the MUs and he had teamed up with the TPs. At first it wasn't like that as we wanted to have 1v1s but this lucario had a grudge against me earlier and kept on attacking me. So the guy i was fight ing triple teamed me. Once the lucario left(after many losses) , i proceeded to have many fun battles with foxblaze. Tell if its you. You were normal mario,marth(to mock me), and fox. I was blue ike and classic marth.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
No. I didn't see a white Ganon or Kirby but I did play a Brown Ganon.

THE WIERDEST **** IS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW.

!!! THIS MIGHT BE THE RAREST AND DOWNRIGHT MOST EXPLOITABLE GLITCH in BRAWL!!!!!!

Okay, so I'm in this room w/a black Marth and regular Sonic. We were fighting this noob black Link. All is good. Then something awkward happens.

Everyone leaves. I pick Olimar. Then instantly a P2/P3 pop up. However it's the same people, just w/o black Link.

Then even more weird stuff. I can SEE P1's status on the Wi-Fi Waiting Room. Selecting Stage... Practice Stage... etc! However, P3's status has disappeared.

So the game starts. I can't move. Olimar is nowhere to be found. However a random TL is doing nothing and switching colors. IT'S AS IF I'M VIEWING A REAL-TIME SPECTATOR MATCH!

P4 then joins, however I still can't move. This goes on for 3 matches before I'm D/C'd.

This was a really rare occurance, and this was vBrawl! No codes whatsoever. Shows how bad Brawl's Wi-Fi was coded and rushed. =/
Lol. That's pretty weird. Never heard or seen anything like that before, but it's not too surprising, though, considering this is Brawl's Wi-Fi we're talking about... I've had my fair share of outrageous glitches from this game's poor online before too.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
It's raining stickers!

I just got out of a hacked Team Battle match that was raining all stickers (and occasional CDs) in the wifi waiting room. Normally, I don't stick around for item rain, but since it was all stickers, it seemed to be mostly harmless. I couldn't help but grab a bunch of stickers as they spawned. Sometimes the screen even flickered, possibly from overload. Fortunately we were able to finish the entire match and it even went to sudden death. The stickers did not rain in that portion of the match, as I anticipated. And best of all, I was able to save the replay without it desyncing or becoming corrupted!

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Today was fun, as I ran into at least one player who had pretty good knowledge of their main. It was short-lived, however, because they (and their hilariously bad friend) left soon after I had no one to use as a meat puppet. LOL games @ the green (or blue?) Falco; I was the pink MK planking and eating points, as well as the green Snake and black Falco circle camping on Temple.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Was just in a great group. P4 was a white Marth mostly, also went green Wario and Link once. For whatever reason, we didn't attack each other for like 5 matches, then he sat off to the side so I could 2v1 the other people. One was an Ike who, eh, was okay. P2 came in and out a lot. For one round before DCing, a good Snake came in. I saved that match, because I played really well in the 2v1...

In this group, you'd think this decent GaW would be grateful enough that I didn't team with the other Marth who wanted to, to not use his final smash on me. But alas.

kaazers

Smash Master
9Kplus1: So it was you! It sucks fighting a MK who knows what they're doing but it always sharpens you up. GG's. =D Now that I know it's you, I'm pretty sure I've seen you online once or twice, trolling away, lol. I'll being saying hi if I ever see you on BB again.

===​

No good fights for me so far. I've spent 90% of my time on Temple today… I'm starting to get sick of it.

Also, why are there so many decent players who spam away with items and Smashballs? Even when I clearly use my Final Smash away from them and don't touch a single crate they're still at it. They don't just use them, they taunt each time you get KO'd from their item spam. I fought this one guy today who kept on switching characters, and he more or less took most of the wins since he used items and smashballs (taunting all the while). When we got to Temple, he made a run for it as soon as he got the lead. More taunting. It's funny how mad they get when you ignore them though.

My experience is that 60% of the time they're one of the Spacies. Especially Fox. >>;

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'm wondering if CaptainKirby was this
I encountered this late at night? I was using
and P2 was switching between Pit and Kirby in different colors. That was probably the first time in a while where we had a 3P room and couldn't have a 4th join. Not too long after
left, I stood for 2 more rounds then left. Got too boring beat him and then getting CPU as well.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I'm wondering if CaptainKirby was this
I encountered this late at night? I was using
and P2 was switching between Pit and Kirby in different colors. That was probably the first time in a while where we had a 3P room and couldn't have a 4th join. Not too long after
left, I stood for 2 more rounds then left. Got too boring beat him and then getting CPU as well.
Oh wow... Yep, that was me. xD To be honest, though (and not to john or anything), I was barely even trying in that room. It was around 2:00-ish when I joined, so I was was pretty drowsy and really just playing for the heck of it, because I had nothing else better to do at the time. Didn't really truly feel like fighting at all, though. Lol. But yeah, that other Kirby was pretty annoying—I was just messing around and trying stuff on him/her for the heck of it.

By the way, ace Peach you got there.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Nice, I had a hunch it was you base on how you played. Don't worry, when I'm tired I don't try either. Before you joined that room he did a good job annoying me when I was originally watching another player you replaced fight him then he would suddenly come after me with FTilt spamming and the same tactics bad Pit and Kirby players use. All I was focused on was for him to get the hint he didn't stand a chance even with his items being turned on. Well it didn't work but we both know. XD

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Met a purple tink, became allies and *****. The tink became a marth to suit me but he wasn't really good with marth. Actually this good red snake came kicked the marth's ***. The marth tried to do dittos with the snake but he wasn't too good with him either. He later became falco and ***** snake showing he knew the mu. i would have loved to fight against my partner but the snake was too butthurt he got SD spiked by my ally just to return my ko. Wonder how salty you have to be to turn off your wii during the waiting screen. I was blue ike, never changed because i was doing fine.

parrish

Smash Rookie
I always use BLUE ICE CLIMBERS, sometimes green DK and green Snake.

Yesterday i was playing again a good GREEN MG&W he always use up B + The key lol
If you are reading thisk i like to play 1vs1.

12:40 PM
Fight again a gold spamer MK and a blue marth for the first time in weeks ALL HAVE ITEMS TURNED OFF...

That was INSANE :awesome::awesome:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Supa is this you? In a room w/a White Peach, regular Link and pink MK (switched to Blue Peach) doing random nonsense in a TP.

Right now they're slapping me all around their kitchen as I'm glaring at my PC and not the game. I switched to Pink Zelda, and then later left but somehow came back to you guys as a Jiggs with a sleep cap on.

This White Peach is glide tossing and doing a glide toss -> Side-B -> Dair. Happened frequently when I was a B&W Bowser.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Supa is this you? In a room w/a White Peach, regular Link and pink MK (switched to Blue Peach) doing random nonsense in a TP.

Right now they're slapping me all around their kitchen as I'm glaring at my PC and not the game. I switched to Pink Zelda, and then later left but somehow came back to you guys as a Jiggs with a sleep cap on.

This White Peach is glide tossing and doing a glide toss -> Side-B -> Dair. Happened frequently when I was a B&W Bowser.
Sorry, I didn't play at all yesterday. Lately I've been encountering a lot of players using
lately myself though.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Nice, I had a hunch it was you base on how you played. Don't worry, when I'm tired I don't try either. Before you joined that room he did a good job annoying me when I was originally watching another player you replaced fight him then he would suddenly come after me with FTilt spamming and the same tactics bad Pit and Kirby players use. All I was focused on was for him to get the hint he didn't stand a chance even with his items being turned on. Well it didn't work but we both know. XD
Yep, there sure is an abundance of them lately, too... And yeah, the guy we were fighting, whoever he/she was, sure was stubbornly persistent. Lol.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
GGs to the Wolf in TB

I just want to say good games to the Wolf I fought in Team Battle over an hour ago. You definitely made great use of side-B with sweet spotted hits. I was mostly Wario this time, and our matches were almost always on Smashville. Unfortunately someone else eventually ruined it with items. It's hard keeping a good itemless group anymore these days, so I hope we get to Brawl again sometime.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Bizarre Team Battle behavior

I was just in a Team Battle that initially looked like two of the players were decent. One was a Wolf and the other a ZSS. We seemed to have trouble getting another quality player to balance things out, unfortunately. I stayed anyway because all matches were itemless, at least at first. But then just when I thought I had seen it all, this taunting Kirby arrived. Since he was on the other team, he naturally became my target, since I don't tolerate Basic Brawl behavior in Team Battle. Strangely enough, the Wolf and ZSS were always on opposite teams, but did not seem to want to attack one another once that Kirby arrived. Even stranger, when I was beating the living daylights out of the taunting Kirby, my ZSS partner self KO'd in the final seconds of the last match we played.

And with that, I gave them all the boot. Basic Brawl is the option you want, you confused fools.

TheFourthOctave

Smash Cadet
BB behavior has happened to me on TB before. I came into a room with a Peach-Marth couple and a Ganondorf, clearly allied with them. The Ganondorf refuse to fight either of them and the couple would only fight me, and it was quite annoying(sorta, since the couple was actually really bad) until the Peach went afk in SD. I KO'd the Marth with Luigi and taunted a few times next to Peach before a quick shoryuken and DCing.

A green Lucas/MK just gave the shield signal, but it's probably not anyone here.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Hey DaBeast, you this Ike in BB? If so, that Lucas is a *** and you should help me kill him. And get away from me with that final smash. xD

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
sorry, im not playing right now, and i'm beginning to lose hope in random brawl. I don't see TPs but i see item spamming noobs, it hurts my gameplay. I can try to goon if i see that marth again. by the way, who are you?

Zulo

Smash Ace
Marth, Pit, and ZSS usually. Those are all I use unless I'm trolling or trying to go easy on someone.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Why do TPs even try in TB?

BB behavior has happened to me on TB before. [...]
I really do have to wonder what is going through their heads when they are so desparate to try that stuff in Team Battle. Are they taking enough of a beating in Basic Brawl that they are now trying their luck in Team Battle? The best part about Team Battle is that it takes no effort at all to disconnect them since CPUs never take over characters there. It's extremely rare to run into taunters in Team Battle, since their efforts there are completely futile, so I always make an example of them, save the replay, and then say adios on their way out. Fun.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
LOL I get on random brawl all the time.

Not sure if I've seen anyone from here.

But I tend to use

DDD

Ice Climbers (lol both cg and hobbling are really hard to pull off online) lmao but I troll and try it anyway. I like to see the wtf reactions of the n00bs. Normally they stay away from me after this.

Peach

Olimar. (homolimar for + trolling) or the green pink shoes olimar.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
sorry, im not playing right now, and i'm beginning to lose hope in random brawl. I don't see TPs but i see item spamming noobs, it hurts my gameplay. I can try to goon if i see that marth again. by the way, who are you?
I'm beginning to stop playing for a couple of hours if I constantly get rooms like that. Getting bad players, spamming noobs, then the annoying items. Then I hate how they win through sheer luck only. Especially the damn Sonics' that get the Smash Ball then go Super Sonic then win because of how ******** it is.

kaazers

Smash Master
11:30 PM EST - GG's to P3 Red Peach/ Blue Zelda/ Purple ZZS though there was an annoying Gray Kirby getting in the way; and when he left we got a Ness/ Black Olimar who turned it into a three-for-all. Though though there was a nice Ivysaur who sat there and watched. In the fight before I left, during the last few seconds, the ZSS started to become really aggressive so I decided to spike her.

Managed to. Shot her down so hard that she was completely off screen, but holy crap a quarter second before death, her up-b tether caught the ledge. Five seconds before the end of the match. o.O Epic. Taunt.

She was pretty good and was glide-tossing left and right, lol. Out of her characters I had the hardest time with her Zelda.

4:00 AM EST - Some Daisy colored Peach/Black Ice Climbers / Neutral MK tried to troll me just now. They were trying to do some IC grabbing shenanigans on me. Ignored them for the longest time but finally got annoyed and fought back. Next round they went MK and ragequit during the match, lol.

5:00 AM EST-

p1 Red Ike
p2 Green Pit/Neutral Kirby/Green Fox/Neutral Toon Link
p3 Green&Blue Yoshi/Neutral Link
p4 Black Marth/Dark MK/Dark Link/Old Ganondorf

Place: Final Destination

Fights with good players. No items. All of us taking turns fighting the other. Points given back after each kill.

We swapped for a long time, but eventually it turned into me vs. p4 (who was Marth 90% of the time), p2 (started as Pit and stayed as each character for a decent amount of time) vs p3 (Yoshi and Link evenly). We tried swapping again but it didn't work for some reason. I think p2 didn't like it. xD Sadly someone DC'd us after an hour of fighting. It was awesome though.

Anyone from that fight here?

Oh, and I would have switched but Snake/Mortars/Grenades/C4s + Foe + 2 others fighting on small stage = 3-on-1

Zulo

Smash Ace
Getting trolled pretty badly right now by a black IC. Knows what he's doing, but has no qualms about using items and KO'ing people who're afc. And is IC. It's the group with the slowed effects I mentioned in the other thread. So yeah, if you're out there, just know that you're successfully trolling me right now. :glare:

I got to 1v1 him once, got him to 130s when I was in 50s... then a Sonic comes in and steals the kill, then runs away from me. :glare:

Lol I RQ/DC'd you guys win.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I'm beginning to stop playing for a couple of hours if I constantly get rooms like that. Getting bad players, spamming noobs, then the annoying items. Then I hate how they win through sheer luck only. Especially the damn Sonics' that get the Smash Ball then go Super Sonic then win because of how ******** it is.
Try the social. Most people go there for good matches after fighting the ******s that troll wifi with unavoidable gayness.

link2702

Smash Champion
found a green meta earlier who clearly knew what he was doing on temple...

i was c.falcon one match

was loling though cuz all i was doing was Uairing him a lot at the very bottom stage, each time he'd try to recover.

he eventually got back on stage though after he wised up, and unfortuantly once he got on stage my falcon couldn't handle him...:c

next match i went metaknight myself....

got lucky at the end in the sudden death but w/e i still won zss and sonic (i think it was a sonic...) got in the way and "unintentionally" helped me in the sudden death.:awesome:

MK's not my main at all, but aside from the sudden death the ZSS and the other stayed out of the way, and after i juts started playing really gay as mk i put up a decent fight.....:awesome:

but yes i will admit the sudden death was all luck and I don't doubt for a minute that if my meta and his meta where in a 1v1 on a legal stage he'd win...but my main would put up a better fight then my metaknight ironically enough, even though pit gets ***** in the mk matchup...

although i don't doubt he would still beat me then...but least it'd be a closer match.:oneeye:

Zulo

Smash Ace
Wow sarcasm I have the best luck sarcasm. Ran into that black ICs again today.. Didn't get trolled as badly though and didn't DC the group. Someone else did.

Edit: ... -joins new group-
-they are in it-

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Fought the worst player I've ever seen today. He played Mario/Lucario, and ONLY used ftilt, lol.

I proceeded to **** him and a noob Zelda with Bowser.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Online with a good green Snake taunter right now. Kind of a boring group, with some ******* Falco trying to act big ****.

Lol, the Falco left, two-faced *****y peach came in. She obviously wanted my smash ball, and when she threw a bumper at me, I went ape**** and just destroyed every taunter in my path, got back the smash ball, and then the fight ended. In sudden death, the Peach tried to fsmash Snake, but they both died in an unplanned nade explosion because of Peach's impudence. Me and a noob taunter sat in the tech tunnel for about 15 seconds before I usmashed the taunter and DC'd the group at the results screen ( the Snake wasn't as good as I thought. )

12-2-11- Found a group with a good Wario/Marth and various noobs, he would occasionally try to steal kills off of me with a fully-charged fart but otherwise was passive. After he and the noobs left that group, I found him in another with different noobs. I trolled both scrubs for a few matches but it began to get too gay and I DC'd them all.

Zulo

Smash Ace
In a group with a good Falco/Marth I'm getting 1v1s in with.. and a Fox that just usmashed me at 117%. If you're out there Fox (now Luigi)... stop please? :3

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
i swear im going to do a count of how many times he says noob or curses like ****,****, ****** etc.
starting now
noob count:
swear count:2

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
**********, what the **** is your problem?

xD.

Found various groups of spammers recently....

Top Bottom