• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Chillarmy

Smash Rookie
P1 Neutral Ike, P2 Red Ike/Kirby, P3 Tan Ike, P4 Blue Goggles Pikachu

Had fun with a Tan Ike just now.

I originally asked the red Ike for a battle, but during our second match the tan Ike started butting in so I fought him for a few rounds. We gave back the point each time we got a KO. We were about even, with me getting his pattern near the end. LOL at last match when I accidentally grabbed the assist trophy and bowed, but he was still PO'd and grabbed a warp star and killed me -- my fault for thinking he wouldn't stoop to that. xD I was willing to let him hit me to be fair. He jumped off after that and took all my hard work with him. All the matches were set in Temple, and he always down taunted at the end of the match.

I don't know who did it but we got DC'd after that round...I got 4 or 5 matches in. Taunt parties seem to last hours but matches only 15-20 minutes tops. What?
Haha, that was me (Tan Ike); ggs lol

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I've been in one room like that once ever. I wasn't the one they decided to double team and they always left me alone. The 4th player(s) were never so fortunate as they got no mercy and they would never let that player KO them. Instead they jab their partner and they'd let them have the KOs.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I'll admit, I do that sometimes. Usually it's when I find another good player and we duel for a long time or someone attacks us. Then we just start attacking people together. Don't do the cheap KO gifts or anything though. And I target the Zeldas first. 8D

While I'm posting in here, any Falcos on TB right now with a good Marth?

kaazers

Smash Master
Chillarmy: I just had a feeling that weird Tan Ike would be lurking around these boards, lol. ggs.

---​
In the past few months I've noticed this pair on BB. It's always either (P2) Tan Ike and (P3) Zelda, or (P2) Ness and (P3) Red Cap Pikachu. If not any of these, they're some other matching pair. I know it's them when they switch to Ness and Pikachu and start taunting together for a while. Hah, it's always weird recognizing someone on BB.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Haha there's a blue TL in here that keeps wanting to fight me. I'm using random characters and letting him get some damage in, mostly just playing with him though. Teaching him that dair isn't a good move. He used it and got grabbed>dthrowed 5 times consecutively. I wasn't even being tricky I just stood to the side and grabbed him. -facepalm-

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
Gosh dang!! I cannot recover today! Was in a match with a (default) Kirby (green) Peach <--crashers and an (orange)Luigi <--afk. I was default Ike. So the match starts and the Peach and Kirby start fighting right away. I kill the peach by spiking and then fall to my death after a fail recovery :/ then when I get to about 77% the Kirby ftilts me off the stage, and like an idiot i up b before jumping toward the stage ._.:ohwell:

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
good one zulo I think that's the first step for a tl. The dair is just so tempting everybody overuses it at first. If I'm drinking it will start to come out off stage.. and late, a bad combination. However today I connected on four spikes, no sd, also no beer.

Moral don't drink and play..unless you want to have fun.

:phone:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I just played the most stupid tp crasher ever. That person kept KO'ing an idle pikachu so he can win each match. He also used many items. That person used snake and marth. He was decent with snake but was terrible with Marth. It was also very obvious that the player did not know the MK match up well.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Epic shoutouts to the Wolf hacker! Started brawling and became friendly at the end of matches. He was very good with Wolf obviously, and we were in sudden death in Break the targets stage for really long time with a Wario. Too bad we disconnected, I didn't get a replay saved... They also played DK and another character.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I don't know what the **** just happened.

There was this Pit and ZSS. Every time someone new joined they whipped their *******s for no reason. They were having their own little Alliance TP! I guess this is like brand new or something though I've only seen it happen 3 times (usually between one male character and one female).

They let me (Green Zelda because they were both green at the time) join in at times beating people down regardless if they ducked or not and it was SO FUN. It was actually FUN! ^__^ Though they always had a hint of doubt with me and attacked me if I got way too close to them nonetheless.

I ♥ you guys but hate you too.
Ugh. It's not fun when you're on the receiving end of that, though. I stated here before that I once joined a room with a Snake, Ike, and Samus, and they all immediately teamed up on me, not even allowing me to get any KO's in, as they would just jab each other at low percents and give their companions the points. :glare:

link2702

Smash Champion
i seriously hate those ******* who get cocky and think they are good cuz they are getting lucky with items 90% of the time <_<

this ****ty fox player pretty much just ran away and went after items the whole match, that or did nothing but spam upsmash while the other players knocked me in his direction. with other items. <_<

on a side note; just ran into him again, this time i butchered him as the other two players went completely AFK, so he didnt have *ONE* of his crutches this time like he did before.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Pretty sure I saw that fox yesterday. I think he went Kirby too. Trolled him so hard. He didn't want to approach me, so I just taunted around his fellow TPers and attacked him if he got too close. Other players seemed to have items off, luckily. Yay ostracization.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Just met the gayest metaknight i've ever seen on TB. He gays with smashes and side-b. When i go on snake, he keeps drill rushing into my nades and get ***** by tilts. He's also predictable as hell. If you want to be gay with MK... don't do it with smashes, it makes you more gay.
Lol, you piece of gay ****.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I was in a taunt party and then in sudden death, a Samus attacked a TL and KO'd him and he came running for me. This was on Hyrule in that little spot where taunters hang out during sudden death. well, he down smashed me to my death, and the other player (a TL) and him just stood there until the TL got bombed.

So the next match the Samus (Now a Zamus) was throwing stuff at me while having fun with the two TL's. So I finally threw something back and the Zamus went ape **** and came for me. The TL (the one the zamus killed last round) teamed up with him... for some reason?

So Sudden death came and I killed the samus and TL. And I just stood there and a bomb hit the other TL.... and I left the room.

It's just weird how I'm seen as the crasher when I didn't start anything. And how they all team up on me. lol

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I was in a taunt party and then in sudden death, a Samus attacked a TL and KO'd him and he came running for me. This was on Hyrule in that little spot where taunters hang out during sudden death. well, he down smashed me to my death, and the other player (a TL) and him just stood there until the TL got bombed.

So the next match the Samus (Now a Zamus) was throwing stuff at me while having fun with the two TL's. So I finally threw something back and the Zamus went ape **** and came for me. The TL (the one the zamus killed last round) teamed up with him... for some reason?

So Sudden death came and I killed the samus and TL. And I just stood there and a bomb hit the other TL.... and I left the room.

It's just weird how I'm seen as the crasher when I didn't start anything. And how they all team up on me. lol
From the knowledge I've gathered about online behavior, I'm going to have to make a guess (and as strange as this may sound) that this was because the Samus player was using a girl character, and the TL was being a "gentlemen" and letting him/her get away with it (as people tend to associate the character you choose with the gender you are), feeling no form of vengeance as would any other player, possibly being one of those couple type characters you'll meet once in a while, wanting the "partner's" affirmation or whatever in return. (Either that, or he could've feared the Samus and naturally took to trying to appease him/her, even if that ment starting a fight with another player; I've seen this happen a lot before, too.)

Even though I'm going to assume you were playing as a girl character as well (Zelda), usually when there's two or more girl characters, depending on the players, it actually tends to strike up these little "bonds" even more so, where one player will hook up with another, wanting the partner's trust in return. They're actually sometimes geared toward making the other player/players (usually with a male and a female against another female) jealous and encouraging a fight. Though it doesn't sound like that's the exact case here, as the Samus attacked the TL that could've been making consolation first, but yeah, the TL didn't seem to care, as you said, so I could only assume it was probably a couple pact that just he was trying to form (or like I said before, he was just fearful). I hate those, though, and everything that's to do with them.

*cough* TL;DR more, CK.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I really don't understand the couples thing, but I did see something that was hilarious, a zelda trying to give a bj to a marth at the end of a match where he was protecting her. I was lmao.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I really don't understand the couples thing, but I did see something that was hilarious, a zelda trying to give a bj to a marth at the end of a match where he was protecting her. I was lmao.

Lol. That actually reminds me, I used to sometimes join in TP's as Fox and repeatedly duck behind someone, then taunt, "Here I come!"... Some people got it, I think. xD

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
You'll see those a lot, it's fun to hurt their pride and completely **** them over.

Fought a good Mario player with Marth today. Had a lot of fun when that ****faced pacifist Zelda wasn't getting in the way. Goddamn, if you play the ****** game, fight! FIGHT!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
was in a room where a blue fox and wolf where going at it fiercely

was nice to watch and somehow get stuck in the fray from time to time

dc'ed though :(

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I rarely get DC'd in good rooms. Usually, I get DC'd by a pissed off noob
who is probably just a little ten year old *** that whines to his mama that some meanie on wifi ****ed him over
.:grrr:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i was the saddest when i got dc'ed

that run was fun

ggs @ this yellow mario

i was the pikachu/ red wolf/ yellow kirby

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Well... weekly report I guess.

No interesting rooms. I was in this room and a crasher was using Giga Bowser codes but went wrong when the codes didn't apply to him and went to someone else.

I think I was in these two good rooms but I just can't remember.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
theres a red snake that loves being friends with zelda..ran into him twice already and left since the room had taunters in it.

SORRY SNAKE BUT YOUR PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE NOW

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
From the knowledge I've gathered about online behavior, I'm going to have to make a guess (and as strange as this may sound) that this was because the Samus player was using a girl character, and the TL was being a "gentlemen" and letting him/her get away with it (as people tend to associate the character you choose with the gender you are), feeling no form of vengeance as would any other player, possibly being one of those couple type characters you'll meet once in a while, wanting the "partner's" affirmation or whatever in return. (Either that, or he could've feared the Samus and naturally took to trying to appease him/her, even if that ment starting a fight with another player; I've seen this happen a lot before, too.)

Even though I'm going to assume you were playing as a girl character as well (Zelda), usually when there's two or more girl characters, depending on the players, it actually tends to strike up these little "bonds" even more so, where one player will hook up with another, wanting the partner's trust in return. They're actually sometimes geared toward making the other player/players (usually with a male and a female against another female) jealous and encouraging a fight. Though it doesn't sound like that's the exact case here, as the Samus attacked the TL that could've been making consolation first, but yeah, the TL didn't seem to care, as you said, so I could only assume it was probably a couple pact that just he was trying to form (or like I said before, he was just fearful). I hate those, though, and everything that's to do with them.

*cough* TL;DR more, CK.
Thank you for your in depth response, I enjoyed reading it! I've seen the female characters receives extra attention and more forgiveness by the males as well. One of the bonuses for maining a female character is for that exact reason. Guys will want to treat me better simply because I'm female. I find it quite humorous, and I don't mind the extra attention at all lmao. I do find it annoying when I'm being stalked though. I have patience, but sometimes enough is enough.
I've seen the jealousy happen too. Quite a few times I have found myself fighting another female, usually a Peach or Zelda fighting for a handsome Marth. I'm not the one that starts the fight, but if they wanna be a b****, then I'll be one back. hahah. Anyway, in response to your suggestion that this may be the case of my rivalry with the Zamus, I didn't think that happened this time. The TL that turned against me was pretty bad - spamming forward tilts. I think he teamed up with the Zamus because the Zamus was actually quite good, as your other suggestion. And plus, I don't know their history before I joined the room, so that might have had to do with it also.
I'll actually take part in the "couple" act only if the male character is exceptionally good and treats me like the princess I am lol. Some new players, usually Links try to show off to me, but they usually get in my way when a crasher comes for me. Couples can be annoying though, I sometimes join groups where there's already a couple, and the other player is off doing their own thing and it's an awkward game. So I do know where you're coming from. I love fighting side by side with my partner if I'm in a couple relationship if they're good. we've made awesome duo teams before and it's just great fun.

Lol. That actually reminds me, I used to sometimes join in TP's as Fox and repeatedly duck behind someone, then taunt, "Here I come!"... Some people got it, I think. xD
LOL, yes I've seen that happened a lot. Fox's will crouch a lot really close to me or another female and then taunt that. I also laugh at Ike's "Prepare Yourself" before inducing sex. Some people I meet online are just hilarious.

hahhaaha wow.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Same here with stuff like that...
I'm wondering if you're an exclusive white peach? Yesterday night I ran into this pro red peach. At first we just watched two taunt partyists fight match after match over a small misunderstanding. So we stood over by the side, played with items/turnips etc. And suddenly we played that copy cat game. where one player does an action and the other pushes the same buttons and does the same thing back. So me and red Peach went on a flat surface on Hyrule by the left of the respawn place. And walked very very slowly toward one another, took forever to pass each other because of our speed, and reached the end. we then turned around and did the same thing back. It was just so random, it had me laughing the entire match. Times like that, I wish I recorded it. So many matches I've played I wish I could never forget.

(double post because my last post was already too long haha)

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It's always funny when I **** couples with Snake, especially when I C4 them to hell together. So romantic, xD.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I, unlike most crashers, love to fight as many taunters at once as I can, simply because flocking makes them get naded, c4ed, landmined, nikita'd, and especially DACUSed all the more.

And both the male and female ( sometimes just one gender, I once watched two zeldas do the ******* crouch ) deserve ****.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Snake's huge ****ing hitboxes, mixed with explosives, makes him probably the best TP crasher. ( MK doesn't stand up to gayness well )

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
No according to a certain reference, his lag makes him get gangraped...

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
A lot of the time the "crasher" will try to disrupt the couple and then the guy and the crasher will fight. Once one leaves, usually the guy, the crasher will form a new couple with that female. I've seen it happen a lot.

Top Bottom