• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Zulo

Smash Ace
Oh I don't use it on aerial opponents at all really. It's only useful autocanceled.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
It sucks they 2v1'ed you. I wanted to help you out but im not sure whether or not you would of wanted that, i did remember what you posted here about keeping rooms aggressive. I did want to keep the room aggro which is why i was bothering to fight you when the room suddenly went passive. I walked up and tried to jab and grab you and you kept avoiding me which i didnt get why. But you did fight the pikachu though which made me mad since he was kinda free.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
hey guys this thread isn't for catty fights. ****-ing zip it. And blue zelda grow up.

:phone:
Yeah my bad, i was acting really childish. I didn't mean to derail the thread. I don't know what got over me, probably my mistrustful side >_>.

This might be the last post i can contribute anything useful to this thread but i'm sure as hell, Im not leaving:awesome:.

Anyway, last day before I decided to pack up my wii, I planned on doing all the manliest moves on bb
. Spikes after spikes, i showed with each character. My final battle if i recall correctly was me vs some other people and a normal fox. I was captain fabulous and i was pretty even with the fox. When items spawned in front of us we would throw them off. Well apparently we missed a bomb-omb and it exploded in between us. We didn't die and as we were going to the blast line, i reversed falcon punched him FTW as he tried phastaming away
. The other two stopped fighting and started taunting in recognition of my badassness. I recovered and started spamming the dtaunt and the fox came over and usmashed me. I respawned and started taunting again. Everyone else did too. However i made it clear that i did not want a tp.

It was too perfect.:joyful:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
That series of videos, Love Triangle, Player 2 all the sudden wanted to 2v2 the room with me as his partner. I'm not sure why he did that, and i didnt care as long as i could get at the green GW. I was mad pissed off at that guy from the night before.

It might seem weird that I sit on the side lines and watch. But im being patient and waiting for an opportunity to get in to damage my target. Theres no point in getting into the fray and taking damage for no reason.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Red Marth / Black Mario / Random Characters /

Default ZSS /

Random Characters - You were awesome. I liked to watch you help us destroy all of the noobs that kept coming in. Your Blue Diddy, Yellow ROB, Black Mario, and Red Wario were more fun to watch though. Glad to have you on my side.

Default ZSS - You were really great to fight. I rarely ever find a really good ZSS. You were very fast, and precise with glide tossing into different combos. You also did a great job destroying the noobs with us. I would've squeezed in more fights-- but that Blue Link was getting jealous.

I was the Gold Pit / Brown Ganondorf / One Who Copies Other People's Characters

:063:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Yeah, I just had a really bad partner too

I think I'm officially turned off from team battles for a while now... I've gotten the worst partner out of the group/groups for like, the last 15th time now.
As much as I prefer Team Battle over Basic Brawl, a single bad partner does indeed ruin the experience. I give everyone a second chance in case they might not have used their best character (heck I often try various characters), but when they consistently get -3s and -4s while everyone else has a positive score, it becomes blantantly obvious as to which player needs to go. Hopefully I stick around long enough to have the bad player on the other team, then I go after them relentlessly in hopes that they leave so that a better player can take their place.

Sometimes I go as far as just setting the controller down when I get the same bad partner too many times, hoping they'll leave. Unfortunately it often misfires as the good players leave instead. Ironically, having two really bad players will often cancel out, and having three allows me to just play characters that I suck with. It's just when there is exactly one bad teammate, there is no way to balance things.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I was playing in a fighting room today and there was a great Lucas/TL. I lost by like -3 each match because there was so many items, I only stayed because that player was very good. I was MK, Ike, and Jigglypuff

Zulo

Smash Ace
As much as I prefer Team Battle over Basic Brawl, a single bad partner does indeed ruin the experience. I give everyone a second chance in case they might not have used their best character (heck I often try various characters), but when they consistently get -3s and -4s while everyone else has a positive score, it becomes blantantly obvious as to which player needs to go. Hopefully I stick around long enough to have the bad player on the other team, then I go after them relentlessly in hopes that they leave so that a better player can take their place.

Sometimes I go as far as just setting the controller down when I get the same bad partner too many times, hoping they'll leave. Unfortunately it often misfires as the good players leave instead. Ironically, having two really bad players will often cancel out, and having three allows me to just play characters that I suck with. It's just when there is exactly one bad teammate, there is no way to balance things.
Honestly, I don't mind having a bad partner /that/ much. I mean sure, winning is always fulfilling, but I'm happy as long as I get +. In some respects it's actually more fun to be on the team of the bad player, because you get to play to people who actually know what they're doing. Hopefully. No guarantees that /anyone/ knows what they're doing in brawl wifi after all.

And it's really fulfilling when you lead your team to victory with a +4 when your team mate has -3.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Oh what a strange web we weave

Today's Team Battles from the last hour or so sure have been interesting. My G&W was having a field day with this Spamchu. You know they're bad when you can stand right next to them with an open bucket and say "Fill 'er up!" while they gladly comply. This would happen multiple times per match, and I'd naturally give it back to the Spamchu and his innocent partner. But that's not all.

Then after several matches of doing this, all of a sudden, three of us pick Mr.G&W, including the Spamchu himself! In fact, the former Spamchu abandoned his character and stuck with G&W for numerous matches afterward. It seems as though I made a convert out of him. I guess uou just never know what impact you can have on others online. Even weirder, the Spamchu-turned-G&W was then standing right next to his opponents with an open bucket as I was doing, but in front of players who didn't even have projectiles! LOL! Who knows, maybe he'll be a decent player someday, but he needs just a wee bit of work first. :-) I commend the other players for sticking around as long as they did, but most of them were only marginally better.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrMjgLyQdxo

go one of the vids up from yesterday. The red falcon, purple luigi im pretty sure was foxblaze but i'll let him confirm it in this thread after he looks at it. I'll add his name to the video title too
Yep, pretty sure that was me. I'm a little surprised I gayed Pawnch that much, but the noobs sucked ****, and I remember trying to stay out of Kirby's gaping piehole to save myself the 6%. I also remember the super green missile right after the marth faired me. I did better than I thought I would have.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
LOL but i wanted punch and im very persistant :troll:

second video ill upload tomorrow morning

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I don't use luigi very often, so that made it a little easier to recognize. Too bad you DI'd when I sent you in the lava, xD.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I almost forgot about luigi tornado at sudden death, i knew youd use it again since most weegees SD KO me using that move

in the next section of vids you had a pretty boss recovery on mario under temple. DI'ed pivot FLUDD, cape, jump and upb'ed the PT LOL

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
just watch the vid when it gets uploaded, i keep a mental note as to who stays and leaves and P2 didnt leave we all DC'ed

i honestly thought i was dead when you weegee missiled me surprised i lived that

Zulo

Smash Ace
in the next section of vids you had a pretty boss recovery on mario under temple. DI'ed pivot FLUDD, cape, jump and upb'ed the PT LOL
I see what you did there.

Also, getting on BB for a little while. First time this week I think.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
for the record if your refering to boss8 the mario/luigi player from md/va

i met him irl and to this day still call him "big boss" :3

im jumping around in BB on white kirby atm

Zulo

Smash Ace
I'm in a group with a really good MK, a really good Falco/Diddy, and a Ganon/Ike/DK/etc. that isn't too bad either. These are awesome matches, I'm saving a few. Anyone here?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Fairly sure that's me. I personally don't have good memory when it comes to details, but it did play a lot like me with mario ( RAR, lots of uairs ). And I think I remember those gay diddy/lucario taunters. You just stood around like a scrub, xD.

Still not completely sure, I don't know about all the smash spam with MK.

BTW, thanks for taking the bullet around 9:42.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Yo you wouldnt fight me even when i was going after you. What am i suppose to do when you wouldnt bother fighting me? So i watched since i dont like 3v1.

You sound pretty ungrateful, maybe next time i see you i unload a can of *** kickery and upload matches of you losing :troll: maybe it'll help you 'remember' your intense sodium boost

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, if you were in the mix, it would be kind of like a violent tribal war. One problem at a time.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
If i was in the fray it would be 3v1. 3v1 is ******** and you even said so yourself a few pages back that your totally against taunt parties. I know P2/P4 where working together. If you had teamed up with me we also could of easily wiped them out. I've done this with people before to keep the room aggressive and rolling.

If you were actually serious of getting rid of the scrubs you would be out playing them every match. Thats how you get serious rooms is you iron out the scrubs and attack -everyone-. Even ones sitting idly by.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, it depended how you decided to fight. If you fought with the taunters, it would be 3v1/. If you decided to form your own faction, it would be 1v1v2 ( if I got that right ).

And there's no such thing as a true serious room. About 45% of the time, you get a noob taunter. Another 45% goes to noob crashers/FFAers. And then there is the rare 10% of decent/skilled players. Just toying with the noobs is usually the best option, unless you want more of them.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
You were the only person in the room worth fighting. I bodied that pikachu/marth player hard before you even showed up[see this video]. I've teamed up with people who wanted a serious room, all you have to do is watch for body language. I've had players come up to me taunt then attack everyone but me. Those are the type of people to definitely look out for. Since those are the room with all the fun action.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I think I've seen that marth myself a lot of times.

And that's not completely true.

AV lurks around the stage, waiting for a challenge. It definitely intimidates noobs.

Then again, that's just one person.

Once I got into a pretty epic war against some player ( they were really good ), and my Kirby actually beat their Snake, xD

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
It's not about whether or not its a 'true to life' statement. It's more so about watching how players interact with each other. If a 3v1 parties breaks up because of one player is getting annoyed at another taunter doing something annoying thats something to watch out for, because it gives a crasher an advantage.

I've had plenty of times where 3v1 turns into a FFA because the taunters cant get along with their random BS. :troll:

Tactics and taking advantage of situational things like that are what gives a player an edge.

I've also never seen this Marth/Pikachu player before. I would remember someone fair'ing that much :awesome:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

When they're all bunched up in a ball trying to hit you all at once they'll take damage from being so aggressive towards you. Cross fire hits work to any crashers advantage.

Places like temple however wont work if they're separated and only one guy is attacking you. Thats when you switch to wario :troll:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, I tend to use slave driving techniques sometimes, usually when there is a certain person I need to deal with, but have other blood to get in the meantime. Taunters are either tools or targets.

I also sometimes cooperate with skilled taunters, because it usually means a good 1v1 later on.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Why are Taunt party so full of bullcrap if i just to enjoy brawl and they act ******** it cant get any more. They are fool ing around with no way to communicate and most of have no skill/team up on u if u want to fight WTF . This has been said before but if it comes to the point where taunt partys are fun go play a different game or play melee/smash 64

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Theres a fun twisted challenge in fighting them 3v1

but its not for the faint of heart. Each time they beat me with BS tactics i just snicker and troll them with some characters they have a hard time dealing with

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I find they always struggle against an agressive Snake player.

And a TP noob would be too incompetent to play melee/64

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Why are Taunt party so full of bullcrap if i just to enjoy brawl and they act ******** it cant get any more. They are fool ing around with no way to communicate and most of have no skill/team up on u if u want to fight WTF . This has been said before but if it comes to the point where taunt partys are fun go play a different game or play melee/smash 64

:glare::facepalm:

Dude, calm the **** down. Taunt partys are bad, we get that, thats why we are trying to eliminate them with cheap tactics skills. Don't get angry and start ranting on the site.

I told you to channel your anger and D/C destroy them in your previous thread.
Did you even read my quotes!?!:mad:

Taunters are either tools or targets.
I would sig this if i didn't all ready have a good quote.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Try diddy, i was tripping people, hitting them with random moves and just running away on temple

some guy thought it would be a brilliant idea to get on DK after that jazz ended

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I trolled a black wolf on FD just now (with Pit's arrows).

Dark Energy, I've watched all of your videos. My Pit/Ganondorf would destroy you.

:063:

Top Bottom