• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Kirby definitely isn't to be underestimated, but he has many fatal weaknesses. Mid-speed, low power, low weight, low range, and only fair priority.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Who dis white Marf? Reminds me of that one guy I played awhile ago who doesn't check here anymore, except he used green/black.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Well Fox i would argue Kirbys worst feature is his poor mix up game after 30%. At 0% he has a ton of mix up options to safely rack damage on everyone but after that he becomes very 1 dimensional character.

DDD also has this problem too. Which is why i also play pikachu since he has alot of mix ups out of grabs and QAC. Both DDD and pikachu can cover their weaknesses well played as co-mains. With the exception of olimar which i'd prefer to play on Wolf.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I see a lot of players get slaughtered by good Olimars (Which are really rare to find.) since they always get KOed early. Also recklessly rushing them since Olimars are mixing up with Pikmin throw with Fsmash, and grabs. Wow...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
hehe Supa, i've played Richbrown at MLG so i got a really good taste of the olimar MU on DDD. So honestly i could go DDD, but in terms of BB wolf has safer options versus olimar

Olimars 0% combos hurt alot. And his uair is such a good poking and juggling tool

FIREL

Smash Ace
So does weegee, N-air and Nado (cyclone) all day... though a good olimar can still **** with grab if he reads properly.

Finny

Smash Apprentice
Haven't played brawl for a long while 'till today.

Looking for:
1. Red captain falcon/wolf - why did you leave so soon? You obviously mistook me for the other, sucky fox, but ggs anyway. Your dair on my shield was too obvious, and you spotdodged a little too much. I was purple fox/diddy. And be careful when going for the water spike on delfino cuz it might backfire ^_^

2. dark samus/yellow sonic/tink/falco - ggs, you were good, but had some bad habits. first, you did get-up attack every time coming off of the ledge. And you rolled too much. Fix those, and you probably would have gone even with me, or closer to even. Sorry about the bumper match, that was ********. I was blue ics/default snake/purple fox/purple diddy/pink yoshi. Tsk tsk at that sudden death...

...and does anyone know what happened to sephy
?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
The key to that match up really is having an attack that gets pikmin off you any where on your body and making it safe to deal damage to olimar with too like wolfs blaster and Nair. Peaches nair gets pikmin off her and can push olimar away.

Only thing Olimar got over peach is raw kill power. Hes one of the few characters you use your uthrow exclusively on because olimars air normals suck if not comboed into or he aint directly under you.

I've seen luigi vs olimar and yea its not pretty if luigi knows what hes doing. Pikmin die all day and luigi gets in for free, and kills for free quickly with angled fsmash/SRK

Luigi vs pikachu sucks hard too lol

Was just in a room with a red MK/blue mario and DDD teaming up against my lucario lol honestly guys learn to fight your own battles and dont rage quit out when we head to temple and i get on MK

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
3v1'ed a room on falcon

+4 -1 score

you guys suck dying at 36% on marth to a hard read falcon punch is sad bro

tried to crash this room and some peach went giga bowser, so i crashed it permanently =D

later scrubs

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Pretty good match with a person using all black, despite the fact you spammed some, my favorite match was my Pit vs your Falcon. If those mother****ing scrubs had stayed out of the way, we could have had some decent fights. ( It especially pissed me when you encouraged them:mad: )

Finny

Smash Apprentice
On pink yoshi right now in bb LOOK FOR ME.

And on another note Hylian just mind****ed the people in the taunt partys suck thread.

Be warned, all tps and 2v1's I find will be D/C'ed. So play nice.

Unless the crasher is good, in which case I will team up with him/her

ROFL this red snake thought he was tough **** dacusing across battlefield over and over. Went snake as well, gr'ed him out of his up-b less than 20 seconds into the match -> he RQ; I'm finding that most snakes who flaunt dacus are scrubs trying to show off.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I figured out how to start a 1 vs 1 fight in a taunt party.
Keep using jab next to somebody for like 30 seconds but don't hit them. After 30 seconds, hit them with a jab and then use MK's fight me taunt (Choose MK when doing this). Maybe the person will want to fight you 1 vs 1.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
^ I just grab them and pummel them once then I get aggressive close to them. If they don't want to attack me still, I grab them again til they release. They fight me 95% of the time this way.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
^ yeah but you don't get 1v1, you get 3v1 instead. Which I don't mind anyway.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
LOL Of course you don't, Ike is great 3v1.

I prefer Snake, as noobs don't understand how to space against him, especially his retardedly disjointed ftilt, xD

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
^ yeah but you don't get 1v1, you get 3v1 instead. Which I don't mind anyway.
That, and that "jabbing in front of them" instead is seen as more the honorable way, per se. The player/players will take it as a "friendly fight," rather than plain out crashing the taunt party (sometimes this even works to communicate with the crasher).

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
That, and that "jabbing in front of them" instead is seen as more the honorable way, per se. The player/players will take it as a "friendly fight," rather than plain out crashing the taunt party (sometimes this even works to communicate with the crasher).
Some people have it good, huh. Why do I have to be the unlucky one:(?

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Lol. There's a couple going on in this room I'm in right now, between a black Marth and green Zelda, and this Peach is getting jealous.

Edit: Now she's started a fight between them. This is hilarious watching...

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I would love to see a good Snake fight 1 vs 3 in a taunt party. Any smart person would never do that because they would be juggled in the air the whole match, and I know a secret trick to stop snakes recovery with just a grab.

Zulo

Smash Ace
That's not a secret, and a decent snake will just use his C4 and get his Cypher back. And to not be juggled, he can use b-reversals, and just plain fastfall/airdodge/bair.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I would love to see a good Snake fight 1 vs 3 in a taunt party. Any smart person would never do that because they would be juggled in the air the whole match, and I know a secret trick to stop snakes recovery with just a grab.
If your talking about grabbing Snake out of Cypher and not pummeling him then air release him then that is already known to players. That also applies to Mr. Game & Watches Fire and Sonic's Jump Spring...

link2702

Smash Champion
actually i fight folks in a 1v3 taunt party all the time as snake, and almost always win.

most folks in the taunt parties suck and fall for the simplest of simple, hitting my grenades instead of me :troll:

as for the cypher grabbing, i gotta admit its hard to save myself sometimes against someone that knows about it, since its hard to get a c4 planted under me in time to recover.

of course its my fault if i actually put myself in a position that would let me get cypher grabbed anyway, you NEVER use that move close enough to a ledge that you can get grabbed unless you just absolutely seriously have no choice, that is just common sense by any competitive player, even ones who don't main snake.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
That's not a secret, and a decent snake will just use his C4 and get his Cypher back. And to not be juggled, he can use b-reversals, and just plain fastfall/airdodge/bair.
I use MK in fights so I have an easy time juggling snake. If snake tries to fastfall, there will be other players on the ground to hit him if it was 3 vs 1.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Pikachu does well against snake, but i would prefer DDD because of the priority on snakes tilt normals :p

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Yeah, its not a secret,... and snake being juggled, there is such things as air dodge fastfall -> holding a grenade destroying tps chances of comboing him. Anyway if you do find a stupidsnake cyphering close to you, grab and walk off dair just to be badass. Or if ur mk, u can do what m2k did to ally, spamming shuttle loop which got canceled by the cypher.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
A snake wouldn't have time to protect himself with grenades with 3 people attacking him.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
would it kill you to just bare with it till it stops? there is a mute button on the sound you know. Never bothered me im re watching it now

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Y U NO destroy ******** wolf. Why were you so idle?

Very nice ddd, you have there. I cant believe you found a group that doesn't do nothing.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Because I wanted to destroy the GW i wasnt interested in anything else. He beat me the night before and i wanted my salty run backs

The marth isnt me, im the red DDD, red pikachu, red wolf[in next videos]

That GW gets ***** hard by DDDs grab options out of shield

well this sucks i dc'ed from a room where i ***** this guys Tink and he just spams on his kirby and won all day. Gay

got in a room with a good white snake, SD, mind gamed him into roll dodging into my utilt on wolf. DC'ed

trololololo

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Haha very good matches and a interesting group at that. That Mr. Game & Watch had too many predictable habits like with that Dair. Seems he kept underestimating King Dedede's grab range since he got grabbed a lot.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
happened the other night too only were fighting at temple with 2 gay onlookers
im trying to crash a room with diddy kong ROFL so much tripping

Top Bottom