• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Zulo

Smash Ace
Kirby actually has excellent killing power and his KO moves are easier to hit. Ie fsmash. The matchup is considered even.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Ike is able to KO Kirby first, and it's not easy to KO with Kirby because of the short range and high lag of his KO moves.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Heh. If you'd faced a good Kirby, you wouldn't be saying that about dat Fsmash.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
y is this multi colored marth/tink/white ganon getting trolled by my bowser? Do you honestly not know how to get around him?

you know what your doing but your getting out read lol

firebreath is beating your spot dodge, pshield beats your spam, and ftilt/fortress is beating all your jump ins

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Heh. If you'd faced a good Kirby, you wouldn't be saying that about dat Fsmash.
This. ^ People tend to underestimate fsmash's vertical priority as well, but yeah, coming from a Kirby main, it's really not that difficult to snag someone with it if you know what you're doing. Also, Kirby's bair can **** Ike (this said coming from the experience of facing some really good Ikes; it's almost inevitable avoiding it half of the time if you can space it and time it well, since it's such a fast-paced and well-extended move).

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
c.kirby you can hit ike out of aether with the shock wave on his upb if you didnt know

link2702

Smash Champion
kirby ***** ike pretty much, i honestly wouldn't evne call it even.

all of his smashes are pretty easy to avoid unless the ike player is crazy good at mindgames and/or just extremely lucky.

the only thing ike really has in most of his matchups is his Fair, his Nair, and Jab, course all of em are pretty good, but nonetheless those are honestly all he really has got. (least IMO )

PS. ggs Zulo dear god i've got the worst diddy kong and zss in existance XP when you play as diddy and you can't even keep some kind of control on your banana's, there is a biiiiiig problem.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
People don't realize that Kirby has a much harder time KOing in the air than on the ground. Usually fighting in the air more against Kirby helps you live a tad bit longer than you would ground wise.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
kirby has fun tilt normals

dtilt to poke thru shields

ftilt as a punish poke

utilt after fthrow>uair juggles <3

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
c.kirby you can hit ike out of aether with the shock wave on his upb if you didnt know
You mean right before he lands down? (Sorry for sounding like a total nub, but not really sure what you mean.) You can also bair him out of his up b when he reaches the top of it or just use any aerial on him from behind. It requires some decent timing, though...

kirby has fun tilt normals

dtilt to poke thru shields

ftilt as a punish poke

utilt after fthrow>uair juggles <3
I love Kirby's utilt the best. Sets up for a whole rack of aerial strings. I find his dtilt hard to hit someone with (unless you've jabbed once first) if you're facing an exceptional player... It's easy to grab Kirby out of because of its ending lag and it doesn't extend out as far as ftilt.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yes the projectile portion when he lands. Its piss hard to hit him out of the arch of aether though

c.kirby when you run into someone holding their shield alot, dtilt alot more i think you'll be pleased with how it safely pokes through shields. If they trip you need to follow up quickly though

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
yes the projectile portion when he lands. Its piss hard to hit him out of the arch of aether though

c.kirby when you run into someone holding their shield alot, dtilt alot more i think you'll be pleased with how it safely pokes through shields. If they trip you need to follow up quickly though
Normally in that given situation, I would just go in for a grab to down throw punish instead, followed up by a couple of utilts, then uair/bair, depending on the person's DI (if their percentage is low enough, that is). Because from what I've experienced, if you try poking their shield through tilts or whatever, they'll then either spot dodge or roll away (though dtilt does have the opportunity of hitting/tripping them out of their shield more likely so, like you said, it still wouldn't be quite as effective for racking up damage, unless you could get in a quick fmash afterward... but I find it more of a lost cause, really). I only usually dtilt someone after I've done a quick one-hit jab on them, because it then sets them up for it easily.

Zulo

Smash Ace
kirby ***** ike pretty much, i honestly wouldn't evne call it even.

all of his smashes are pretty easy to avoid unless the ike player is crazy good at mindgames and/or just extremely lucky.

the only thing ike really has in most of his matchups is his Fair, his Nair, and Jab, course all of em are pretty good, but nonetheless those are honestly all he really has got. (least IMO )

PS. ggs Zulo dear god i've got the worst diddy kong and zss in existance XP when you play as diddy and you can't even keep some kind of control on your banana's, there is a biiiiiig problem.
Heh, not only that but I'm better against high-tier (more used, I guess) characters. I've played Chompy a lot, he's a pretty good Diddy. You're lucky you didn't go Snake. :awesome:

MK is obviously somewhat excluded. I know /what/ to do, but it doesn't always work because it's MK.

I'm so bad when I don't have experience against characters, as you could see vs your Sonic and stuff. And Ganon, srsly, he has this thing that makes people play badly against him. And it works.

But yes, good games mah friend. Tip with Samus, jab cancel to dsmash is more likely to hit than dtilt, at least in my experience.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I helped my Ganon partner get +8

My Ganon had some fun Team Battles in the last hour. In one of the most unusual ones, my Ganon had no kills or deaths, but I helped set up my partner to get a +8 score! About half of those were assisted by my jab or Sparta kick to his Warlock punch for double KOs on a team of Kirbys. It definitely inflated the stats that way, so it probably gave quite the confidence boost for my Ganon ally. But once we split up as opponents, he sure wasn't getting scores like that again. :-)

I would have stayed around longer, but it started becoming an item-fest out of the blue, unfortunately. Good games guys (up to that point.)

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I won every Kirby that I ever played in BB. I usually trick my opponents to win them. Sometimes I use Jab and Nair most of a match and at the end I surprise them with a running Usmash and it KO's them.

link2702

Smash Champion
the thing is blue, that is against kirby's in basic brawl....i'm not trying to sound mean just being serious...

its against kirby players that think his down special is some kind of godly unbeatable move, kirby's that don't even know how to follow up with some of his more basic moves such as forward throw to uair to another forward throw at low damage.

you have to face a real kirby player to see how badly he ***** ike, but honestly when you go against some truly tough opponents using anyone against ike, you realize all the power that comes with his moves isn't as effective as you first thought, all simply b/c most of his moves are insanely slow and easy to just dodge and counter.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
BlueZelda. If you're going to act arrogant like me, atleast be realistic about it. :facepalm:
But you see AV, no one is as good in self******y as you.

Oh yeah, Kirby's on BB doesn't count as they are ********. Good kirbys are annoying and will always try to gimp/WoP you. Never seen that on BB. And no, swallowing and spitting ike out underneath the stage is not called gimping. Its just called being gay.

Edit: I didn't censor that:confused:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im on bowser black falco

you still cant get a CG off on me? I am disappoint. Watch if i switch to pikachu he'll run away like a ***** they always do :troll:

this black samus has hilarious planking though

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141

Oh yeah, Kirby's on BB doesn't count as they are ********. Good kirbys are annoying and will always try to gimp/WoP you. Never seen that on BB. And no, swallowing and spitting ike out underneath the stage is not called gimping. Its just called being gay.

Some of the worlds best players do that in tournaments. Are you calling them gay? I once saw a DDD win m2k by doing that.

I agree with you, Kirby's in BB are the games worst players. I don't even understand why people would think of spamming down B, don't they notice how slow and punishable it is?

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord

Lol, it's true. For whatever reason, there are barely any good Kirby players on BB. Mostly spammers and ones who just try to suck you up for half the match. I think out of all the characters, he's the least likely you'll find a "decent" player using with. I've seen pros on virtually every other character more than several times or so, except for Kirby. I've only played against one Kirby that actually knew what he was doing out of all the rooms I've had on Wi-Fi. Now, I would say Zelda or Peach, however, are the character of choice when it comes to finding skilled players online for some reason... Most of the pros I've fought selects either one of them for at least one round in the several matches we'll have together. Maybe they feel it's more humiliating to try and kick your butt with a female character? Lulz.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Accurate.

I've started going Zelda at the beginning because I want to find good crashers, I never do. But my Zelda's getting good.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
So no one has seen a red olimar kicking *** and not camping(unless im winning:troll:):(
Good olimars are so hard to find. All of them are usually trolls but i did have a good nolimar dittos last week:awesome:.

I love trolling a tp with olimar, it confuses the hell out of them because
1. olimar(really?)
2. WTF, how am i already at 100 and hes still at 0.
3. Why does he keep on spamming throws/pikmin/smash attack

I miss doing that.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
So no one has seen a red olimar kicking *** and not camping(unless im winning:troll:):(
Good olimars are so hard to find. All of them are usually trolls but i did have a good nolimar dittos last week:awesome:.

I love trolling a tp with olimar, it confuses the hell out of them because
1. olimar(really?)
2. WTF, how am i already at 100 and hes still at 0.
3. Why does he keep on spamming throws/pikmin/smash attack

I miss doing that.
I love grabbing a player with Olimar when they're at 0 percent and up throwing them, followed by a dashed usmash, then uair, and then finishing it off with up special. Perfect way to start off a match.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Nah, pikmin spam->force opponent to attack-> grab
Repeat

Your opinon is still good, i do that too and i still get the same wtf.
Now time to figure out how to move my olimar into higher play.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
getting my salty run backs against a green GW from last night

he pissed off a good random and a marth/kirby ROFL

oh god its funny

lmao this green GW/pikachu/samus/ganon is just getting destroyed LOL oh im loving this so much

heeheh this kirby is protecting my ddd :3 and yea pink kirby/ green marth/ red MK/red ganon/red falco that suicide was for last round when i killed u

I was on red DDD/ red Pikachu/ red Wolf/black wolf/red Bowser

P4
Is a bunch of random characters, black fox, white IC, blue jigglypuff etc.

P3
green GW/gannon/pika/samus

P2
the guy who likes me pink kirby/ green marth/ red MK/red ganon/red falco/black red blue marth

disconnected man that was fun

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I just won Team Battle with an idle partner

Don't you just love when you win Team Battle with an idle partner? It happens every once in a great while, and it happened once more about 40 minutes ago. And neither opponent was being merciful; they were just both really bad. Of course it had to come to sudden death, but it's always a great victory when it happens. Needless to say, one of the opponents left in humiliation after that embarrassment.

Update: As fate would have it, I repeated this feat with a different group just moments ago! They were a little more capable, and it went to sudden death once more. I took out one of them, and a bomb hit both myself and the other remaining foe. Fortunately I was further from the blast line and was credited with the win. Looks like these replays will go nicely in my collection. :-)

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Don't you just love when you win Team Battle with an idle partner? It happens every once in a great while, and it happened once more about 40 minutes ago. And neither opponent was being merciful; they were just both really bad. Of course it had to come to sudden death, but it's always a great victory when it happens. Needless to say, one of the opponents left in humiliation after that embarrassment.

Update: As fate would have it, I repeated this feat with a different group just moments ago! They were a little more capable, and it went to sudden death once more. I took out one of them, and a bomb hit both myself and the other remaining foe. Fortunately I was further from the blast line and was credited with the win. Looks like these replays will go nicely in my collection. :-)
I would normally just leave in that sort of situation. I find it ridiculous how frequent it is that there are AFK players about, and on TB no less. If you need to leave somewhere for a while/whatever, leave the stinkin' room if you must and don't ruin it for your teammate who'll have to work extra hard just to guard you. Seriously, players like these are just clogging up the servers. Congrats on your wins, though, by the way.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
lol at this red ganon/gray snake

all he does is pick a target and **** it [that target being the next person that comes in the room]

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
its gotten boring though

you'd all prefer to watch the green GW vids because that *** tried to fight me and p2 was not having that

saved last one going ganon loll

ROFL its ganon team vs purple ZSS LETS GO

and my ganon is ***

LOL the Tink watching is giving her free wins ahahahah

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
its gotten boring though

you'd all prefer to watch the green GW vids because that *** tried to fight me and p2 was not having that

saved last one going ganon loll

ROFL its ganon team vs purple ZSS LETS GO

and my ganon is ***

LOL the Tink watching is giving her free wins ahahahah
You guys should double team both of them, then.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
he stopped and we're teaming against p4 2v1. But i keep out until p4 takes a pot shot at me

black shiek/blue marth in here now

this guy mains red ganon and default falco fyi. He spawns in as red ganon usually

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Lol, wow. I just joined a room with two other red kirbies and an IC's crasher. We all triple teamed on him/her and taunted every second we could get in between. xD

link2702

Smash Champion
:troll: pretty sure it was the blue kirby player.

listen kid just cuz i went ganondork the first match doesn't mean i can't kick your *** the next..but you learned that for yourself when i went snake and royally ***** you and the other snake player who tried to double team me, 7 kills to one.

know your place kid don't get too cocky cuz it can backfire sometimes as you clearly saw. :troll:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I was trolling with Pink R.O.B last night. A very decent Black Fox, and another very decent player who had used Green C.Falcon. I made the other very decent player who used Purple Ness RQ after a few rounds.

Good games. I didn't know my R.O.B was that good!

Also, off-topic. Lol.

My brother and I just beat All-Star Mode on Intense without using a continue. 860,000 score. My Pit and his White PT. :shyguy: (I've been meaning to do this for a very long time.)

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Then you haven't encountered good Kirby players and I mean real good ones because they also go for gimps and walls of pain and are able to stay in the lead even against Kirby's bad match ups. What helps them is they are masked by all the really bad Kirby players we run into out there so we expect the Stone, Ftilt, jab, inhale tactics that are very common to them. So this is why random players out there get beaten by good Kirby players. As for Kirbicides, that isn't consider cheap or gay since it is a tactic Kirby can deploy at any time he wants and if you fall for it it is your own fault. Also it is something you should consider whenever Kirby is near the edge grounded or in the air. Also Kirby can gimp by footstools simply by pretending to do the Kirbicide then when the player escapes and can footstool then. Characters with good vertical recovery have better chances of making it back.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
stupid white ness, learn the situation before you decide to team up on me with a ******** green falco. Least you wont run away all butt hurt

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Then you haven't encountered good Kirby players and I mean real good ones because they also go for gimps and walls of pain and are able to stay in the lead even against Kirby's bad match ups. What helps them is they are masked by all the really bad Kirby players we run into out there so we expect the Stone, Ftilt, jab, inhale tactics that are very common to them. So this is why random players out there get beaten by good Kirby players. As for Kirbicides, that isn't consider cheap or gay since it is a tactic Kirby can deploy at any time he wants and if you fall for it it is your own fault. Also it is something you should consider whenever Kirby is near the edge grounded or in the air. Also Kirby can gimp by footstools simply by pretending to do the Kirbicide then when the player escapes and can footstool then. Characters with good vertical recovery have better chances of making it back.
I don't fall for that anyone thanks to my sis maining kirby and doing that every single time.
I eventually learned how to space myself and abuse ikes range and kirbys lack of it. It just pains me to see a fellow ike main fall to such a childish move:(. I still fall for it especially if kirbys in the air. Those super armor frames always got me.:urg: But if a kirby is trying to swallow me on the ground, while its defenseless, it receives a fsmash.

And dont talk about good vertical recovery in front of ike.

Top Bottom