• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I know... I'm tried now... xD 6 something right now Night gals! Have fun! See you tonight. =O
Yeah almost 10am here, maybe if we do all get together I'll be in another fighting mood for youu ehehe.

link2702

Smash Champion
Just made an olimar rage quit.:troll:

I just picked my ice climbers against him, he didn't know what to do then since his grab couldn't work anymore as effectively, mine on the other hand......

I'll give him some props, he pulled off a meteor recovery not once but twice on me after i spiked him at 130+ damage, the second time though his pikmin tether never could grab the ledge.

was on temple with a noob meta and sonic player who was there just to troll.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah, I'm getting tired too. 9 here. Maybe if we find each other tonight (Keyword, MAYBE. Not certain we will), we won't get DC'd after two rounds.
And cake is good! I only dig Cookiers and Cream that's homeade. I don't eat those store cakes..m too much junk and stuff.

I want to find my Green Ganondorf and go hard on each other. XD

You'll never ever find a more intense never give room matches than me and my Green Ganon pal. I'll give you gals and show like yesterday (but the connection wasn't to stable... mess ups at times). See you at like 9:30ish or 10ish.

@ Zero, you ever fought Path yet? Bro you'll enjoy her PM Link. Her Brawl Link is not to shabby as well.)

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
And cake is good! I only dig Cookiers and Cream that's homeade. I don't eat those store cakes..m too much junk and stuff.

I want to find my Green Ganondorf and go hard on each other. XD

You'll never ever find a more intense never give room matches than me and my Green Ganon pal. I'll give you gals and show like yesterday (but the connection wasn't to stable... mess ups at times). See you at like 9:30ish or 10ish.

@ Zero, you ever fought Path yet? Bro you'll enjoy her PM Link. Her Brawl Link is not to shabby as well.)

Ah, okay. Go ahead and find your Ganon if you want. That's fine!

Last edited:

TickledPeachy

Smash Ace
:( Don't give up! But goodnight buddy! :D

Edit... TIC TAC! YOU'RE A CPU! D:
Ah, sorry for leaving so suddenly, I went to play some matches with you-know-who. Not sure if I'll be on at all tonight. But if I am, I'll let ya know.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

I have, only once though. She has a fantastic link. my PM link isn't too shabby either ;) it went toe to toe with her. I'm gonna PM happy sheep again, she's fun to battle against.

Though my brawl link needs work, need to get all the bomb slides down. It's just hard to adjust when your used to high speeds. .-.

Have fun chocolate cake :D

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I have, only once though. She has a fantastic link. my PM link isn't too shabby either ;) it went toe to toe with her. I'm gonna PM happy sheep again, she's fun to battle against.

Though my brawl link needs work, need to get all the bomb slides down. It's just hard to adjust when your used to high speeds. .-.

Have fun chocolate cake :D
Ha ha! She is indeed fun! I miss Brawling with her. :(

I know she's more than good in PM. As for Brawl she's um... Very repetative... Like she would play close izaw but with more class. I'd always be the one with that Link stuff. I showed her a thing or two with Link's AT's and such.

Need help with Link? You've come to the right person. ;)

Bomb Slides are easy, but controlling the exact same option with your Bomb Slide (pluss WiFi) is a butt pain! Just mimic the arc of Link's hand movement when he Bomb Slides. I'll give you a demonstration sometime. And Link can Bomb Slide in PM, right?

See you later baby Rhino~

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Ha ha! She is indeed fun! I miss Brawling with her. :(

I know she's more than good in PM. As for Brawl she's um... Very repetative... Like she would play close izaw but with more class. I'd always be the one with that Link stuff. I showed her a thing or two with Link's AT's and such.

Need help with Link? You've come to the right person. ;)

Bomb Slides are easy, but controlling the exact same option with your Bomb Slide (pluss WiFi) is a butt pain! Just mimic the arc of Link's hand movement when he Bomb Slides. I'll give you a demonstration sometime. And Link can Bomb Slide in PM, right?

See you later baby Rhino~
Yeah she doesn't brawl anymore cause shes rusty? I think. but yeah I want to PM her again soon.

And thank you chocolate cake. cya later. (I might wanna brawl you before the end of Jan. since i'll be busy when Feb. comes around)

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah she doesn't brawl anymore cause shes rusty? I think. but yeah I want to PM her again soon.

And thank you chocolate cake. cya later. (I might wanna brawl you before the end of Jan. since i'll be busy when Feb. comes around)
Always busy aren't we Smash Champion. ;)

And it's fine bro. =O

College is right around the corner... And um... I'm sad! D: ... More homeowrk! -_- Meh It's life.

Have fun with whatever you're doing.

And remember! Baby Rhinos are cute. ;D

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Going on Basic. Idc what happens today. I'm going in and starting some fights. Today's not the day to stand around and taunt with people. Hopefully I'll find some challenging people rather than weird scrubs.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
was pretending to be that really good Red Fox/TLink/Luigi etc. who only uses red costumes.
then i found someone pretending to be me.
he tried to kill with uthrow at 90 because someone else killed another lucas with it at ~130 a while back. completely ignored the fact that i got dthrow kills earlier. did not SH the PK Fire and failed at PKT2 aim. also usmash spam at super low %.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Going on Basic. Idc what happens today. I'm going in and starting some fights. Today's not the day to stand around and taunt with people. Hopefully I'll find some challenging people rather than weird scrubs.
I never thought I would hear you say those words lol.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Wis wis! D: xD My sister learned from her big brother. ;)

Remember! Don't give a flip and go in and wreck their butts. I'm going to enter Basic right now. =O

I'll be White Link? If the connection is playable (if not then Purple Toon that fights anyone or groups).

@ Zero, drools and says hi. ;)

Did my weird acting sacre you and Mega?

I actually visted that thread. I know what to type (but for tomorrow it will be. Right now... Time to put my shades on that search for Basic Brawlers! :D

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Wis wis! D: xD My sister learned from her big brother. ;)

Remember! Don't give a flip and go in and wreck their butts. I'm going to enter Basic right now. =O

I'll be White Link? If the connection is playable (if not then Purple Toon that fights anyone or groups).

@ Zero, drools and says hi. ;)

Did my weird acting sacre you and Mega?

I actually visted that thread. I know what to type (but for tomorrow it will be. Right now... Time to put my shades on that search for Basic Brawlers! :D
Nah I thought it was funny, he probably was scared though.

Um i'm a little worried about that, they can be quite harsh. Just a heads up, they could butcher you.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
I'd like to play you sometime if you don't mind. My Zelda needs work and needs to learn from the masters. =_=
We can definitely do that soon! There may be some things I still have yet to learn about Zelda so maybe Twi can help you out a bit too.

@ Zero, The day had to come... we all knew this would happen eventually ;)

@Chocolate Cake, I can always count on my brother to teach me new things! :D Yeah I stopped fighting. Too many noobs. Tryyyiinng to find different groups now. I'm just group-hopping.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Nah I thought it was funny, he probably was scared though.

Um i'm a little worried about that, they can be quite harsh. Just a heads up, they could butcher you.
I butchered the Brawl world for years and years. I'm not going to get my feelings hurt bro. xD You should know me better than that.=O

Ha ha! I was just kidding... sorry... I can be that scarey at times. And I actually like to see people be sacred... it has to do with my life past and stuff.... anyway! I love Mega! Give him that message! =O I'm afraid he wont respond back to me.

Edit: I'm a White Kirby at the moment.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Is SB being really slow and derpy for anyone else here?

kaazers

Smash Master
My first day back and I wasted it in a taunt party, haha. It'd been forever since I was last in one, and I couldn't find any decent fights anyway. Plus, P2 and P4 were scarily in sync… but weren't using the two player hack.

Whut.

How.

The oddities you find on BB… We got DC'd though...

I did fight P3 Red Zelda/ Black ZSS once or twice. And before that the trolly Red Olimar who took the 4th player slot. GG's to both. Sorry I played so bad on Yoshi's Island… It was really claustrophobic with two other players watching on that small stage, but mainly it was the Pikachu setting up camp on the platform right above my head. Did not spam aerials like I normally would out of fear of hitting him, haha.

And that concludes my Basic Brawl adventures today. Off to bed!

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
My first day back and I wasted it in a taunt party, haha. It'd been forever since I was last in one, and I couldn't find any decent fights anyway. Plus, P2 and P4 were scarily in sync… but weren't using the two player hack.

Whut.

How.

The oddities you find on BB… We got DC'd though...

I did fight P3 Red Zelda/ Black ZSS once or twice. And before that the trolly Red Olimar who took the 4th player slot. GG's to both. Sorry I played so bad on Yoshi's Island… It was really claustrophobic with two other players watching on that small stage, but mainly it was the Pikachu setting up camp on the platform right above my head. Did not spam aerials like I normally would out of fear of hitting him, haha.

And that concludes my Basic Brawl adventures today. Off to bed!

Ahhaa.. Looks like you had me and Wisdom there xD

Dark Zelda/neutral Pika/green Peach/blue Marth was me, green Zelda/Daisy Peach/red Marth was her. That red Zelda/white Peach/black ZSS though I can't say.

That Olimar was a pain in the butt, wasn't he? I didn't mean to camp so much over you, I was just trying to give everyone space. At least he left..once he saw those hacks lol. Target test and boom, he dropped like a hot potato.

No idea that was you though! Nice saves on the forever freefall stage, thought that was pretty cool, plus whenever Wisdom and I get together (which is a lot, woooo), we like to scare everyone else xD
The people you'll find! Too bad about the DC though, yeah. Hope you had some fun lol. ~

Player -0

Smash Hero
I was on this morning around 4. There was this green Zelda I would keep finding that would leave within the first 10 seconds, if that was one of you guys.....

I ran into this Neutral MK that knew what he was doing. He went aggro 100% and attacked everybody. Later a falco joined that seemed like he knew what he was doing ad he kept the MK somewhat off of him. It was pretty cool, I think it's the first MK I've fought. I was shiny (red) hat pikachu, white/black marth, white Link, white Ganon, B&W IC's, almost neutral color snake but with spots.

Later after the group got DC'ed, (I think the MK dc'ed it) there was this person who had a shield and stuff of a CPU but would stay in the match after each game...

Player -0

Smash Hero
Anyone on Brawl and want to trade friend codes? I just got back into Brawl (little bit rusty fyi) and all of my friends got rid of their wii's in favor of different consoles. (they were friends from school who only got the wii for smash bros and nothing else and when they were done with it traded their wii's in :p).
You're looking for the smash boards arena, it's in the welcome center!

How do you guys bomb slide with tap jump on?

Also how do you guys platform cancel, I heard there's a shield way and stuff but can't figure it out from this YouTube video.

Also I'm betting the person I kept running into was Wis.... The time I want to find somebody.... They just leave.... Every time .

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I suck at platform cancelling but what I do is just flick the control stick down when my character's feet are line up with the platform.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I was using Red Marth/Wario/DK and I think Zelda. I started to piss off these 2 Kirby and Sheik players. The Kirby went ZSS and the Sheik stayed the same. I made the Kirby/ZSS player ragequit so I was left alone to harass the Sheik player. Then a crappy sonic entered and I actually convinced him to team with me lol. I ran away everytime I got a kill off the Sheik and watched her try to keep up with my Wario's aerial movements. Was laughing so hard. I finally went DK and the Sheik player went Luigi. He killed himself by accident and practically gave up. I left after that. Thank you Red Ike who was spectating the whole thing :grin:

TickledPeachy

Smash Ace
In a group as green Marth with an impressive blue ZSS/Peach who's currently wrecking a gold Ike.

Sitting off to the side spectating with a default MK.

EDIT; Peach changed to ZSS again, but we got yet ANOTHER impressively fast blue Peach doing crazy ledge tricks and freepulls.

Loving what I've seen so far today, makes me want to play more during the day.

EDITEDIT; Green alloy hacker strikes again.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
@ Little Sister, that's my name! Don't wear it out. ;)

I got bored and went to sleep... Ha ha! XD I'll be on today, I just need to drive somewhere and get that certain object.

To Platform Cancel, just jump and like MetaBro typed "line up the characters feet to the Platform."

When you practice it and add it to your game-play, you can then experiment ways to add some flashy stuff or mindgames.

Then you have shield Cancel, but focus of platform canceling first. Once you get the timing of platfrom Canceling, then Shield Drop Platform Cancels will be cake. Mmmmm cake *drools*

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
From reading some of these posts, I gather you guys actively look for each other on Basic Brawl? That's awesome! Why wasn't this done when I went on BB a lot D:

kaazers

Smash Master
Ahhaa.. Looks like you had me and Wisdom there xD

Dark Zelda/neutral Pika/green Peach/blue Marth was me, green Zelda/Daisy Peach/red Marth was her. That red Zelda/white Peach/black ZSS though I can't say.

That Olimar was a pain in the butt, wasn't he? I didn't mean to camp so much over you, I was just trying to give everyone space. At least he left..once he saw those hacks lol. Target test and boom, he dropped like a hot potato.

No idea that was you though! Nice saves on the forever freefall stage, thought that was pretty cool, plus whenever Wisdom and I get together (which is a lot, woooo), we like to scare everyone else xD
The people you'll find! Too bad about the DC though, yeah. Hope you had some fun lol. ~
That was you two!? Man, you guys must be lucky to be able to find each other so frequently, lol.

But yeah, I did have fun. That Olimar… he was probably worried one of us would go Warioman or Giga Bowser. Little did he know that I'm a harmless garden variety hacker: songs, two player code, couple of stages, that's all.

Glad it amused you! On the free fall stage I make it my life mission to make sure Peaches SD as few times as possible since she can last forever with that parasol, lol. I always thought that, to other people on BB, I must appear weird, but I'm pretty sure you and Wisdom act weirder. Take it as a compliment? xD

I might run into you guys or maybe someone else from this thread later on tonight. I'm all hopeful now. I'll see.

I was on this morning around 4. There was this green Zelda I would keep finding that would leave within the first 10 seconds, if that was one of you guys.....
Then... I might have been in one of your groups, too, since I also remember running into the same Green Zelda on three separate occasions last night.

Oh, and before I forget:
GG's to P4 Blue Bowser/ Green Ike from last night. We both goofed around and then had two or three fights on FD…until P3 Neutral Marth DC'd us. I had fun anyways. Good games! I was Red Ike.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
That was you two!? Man, you guys must be lucky to be able to find each other so frequently, lol.

But yeah, I did have fun. That Olimar… he was probably worried one of us would go Warioman or Giga Bowser. Little did he know that I'm a harmless garden variety hacker: songs, two player code, couple of stages, that's all.

Glad it amused you! On the free fall stage I make it my life mission to make sure Peaches SD as few times as possible since she can last forever with that parasol, lol. I always thought that, to other people on BB, I must appear weird, but I'm pretty sure you and Wisdom act weirder. Take it as a compliment? xD

I might run into you guys or maybe someone else from this thread later on tonight. I'm all hopeful now. I'll see.
LOL YES! Maryland and Michigan aren't all that far when it comes down to it, I guess. Sometimes we get really lucky and find each other in each group we go in if we get consistently DC'd, yet sometimes it takes hours.. we skype on it, so we know what to do and when we've found each other. And when we just missed each other, too.. xD

That Olimar was trollsome. Sitting there just out of reach and throwing his pikmin.. nope. I'll admit now.. I'm the one who was pulling off all those stages lol. I wanted to see what he would do if I put up Target test.. and we saw the result. I would never use gigab or wman to fight people, even if they pissed me off to hell and back. I'm not interested in the two-player code, but I love using the stages. After stage builder(freefall), I stopped for a bit since I think we were pissing that Zelda off, lol.

That's.. really cute I have to admit x) at first we were like 'WTF is he trying to get points?', but then saw you were just trying to keep us alive. I was laughing the whole time, thinking to myself, "Okay, this guy's pretty cool." I thought it was kinda weird how you were cycling through all the Ike colors, but yeah.. Wis and I are about as weird as it gets sometimes hehe. Honestly I had no idea she would get into our group right off the bat like that once Olimar left; that's why once I saw the green Zelda on controls test, I started acting all crazy. I think the Zelda got a bit jealous after a while..lol.

It's definitely possible! We're the crazy people who stay in basic all night long, at least when I don't have to work early the next day. My characters prefer to camp, dashdance and foxtrot a lot, glidetoss and catch items, and sometimes I'll stop to watch a fight if one starts. Let me know if you think you've seen me. :)

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Back after a busy day. Gotta relax on Basic now.
And no, that green Zelda you guys are talking about wasn't me. Probably my imposter. Don't worry, Twi's been getting her a lot lately too.

@Brotherrrrr, I like calling you Chocolate X)

Last edited:
Top Bottom