• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Wisdom i'm glad you switched colors, there's this green zelda that starts fights with people and makes her other two henchmen team on the person while she runs away.
Nah, I decided to stay green. I just can't do anything different. People will know it's me though because I usually start off dash-dancing.

dreamfighter

Smash Rookie
im in a room with normal samus, green ganondorf, normal zelda. everyone has stood for the first 50 seconds

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
im in a room with normal samus, green ganondorf, normal zelda. everyone has stood for the first 50 seconds
I saved a replay where no one moved on FD for the entirety of the match. SD as well. I somehow won.. bombs drop and I'm all that's left after half a second. Win? Maybe.. gotta love basic lol.

dreamfighter

Smash Rookie
I saved a replay where no one moved on FD for the entirety of the match. SD as well. I somehow won.. bombs drop and I'm all that's left after half a second. Win? Maybe.. gotta love basic lol.
LOL wow.. well everyones fighting now so im happy :)

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Who are you using right now, fighter?

I want to know so I don't attack you with my ToonLink.
You're still Toon? D: I'm hopping in and out of groups so I might find you. Possibly, because I always find you at this time.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
You're still Toon? D: I'm hopping in and out of groups so I might find you. Possibly, because I always find you at this time.
Yes, I'm still using ToonLink. You actually might find me, I'm getting sleepy though... and I haven't found anyone in like an hour. Even WiFi is sacred to put me inside a room. X) K X)

@ DeathFlight, okay, I got you down to not attack you if I join a room. =O

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Yes, I'm still using ToonLink. You actually might find me, I'm getting sleepy though... and I haven't found anyone in like an hour. Even WiFi is sacred to put me inside a room. X) K X)
I could try if you want. I didn't find you before because I was in all these random groups.

Edit: Getting kinda tired and bored just sitting here, waiting for people. Probably gonna head off to bed soon.

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I think I'm going to start playing Basic Brawl more often. I'm currently online as a green Fox.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
*Clears throat*

Welcome folks to the "Basic Brawl Thread" a place where we can talk about matches and get silly about them or with someone. Make yourself at home! Hope you new players enjoy this place like the rest of us.

You all enjoy your day~

Blue_Sunshine

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-3301-0014
Man, Basic Brawl is getting too cringy to look at, nothing but a bunch of easy to provoke nubs who are overly tenacious just to land a single hit, or for you to sd where they all stand and celebrate by taunting (grr)...at those times I wish I had Wario Man and clean swipe those nubs, as a matter of fact I would only use the Wario hack for cleaning out the nubs, haha, someone used those Giga Bowser, Wario hax on me after I beat them :laugh:

Be on the lookout for :sheik: blue

Last edited:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Ggs neutral Sonic, dark Ness and green Kirby. Dropped after Kirby left because I got bored :/

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Purple Toon that fights in every room.

Let me know if you see me so I don't fight you guys or gals.

Edit: Why is the lag so bad today... I can barely move with Toon.. :/

Last edited:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Lol yup. MK who can't win on his own so he has to get free points off of me when I'm 'afk'. Come back, kill him with the fs during the last 5 seconds, he leaves. That's what all the noobs have to do in order to win. Sad.

Edit: Why the hell is it so hard to find people right now?

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
found the BEST YOSHI EVER a while back

SDed five times, 3 times by rolling offstage with side-b, twice by DJ'ing off the revival platform and trying to attack me at the edge, falls off because he overshot. when he didnt SD i killed him by throwing him offstage and dsmashing his DJ
didnt take any damage at all

this must be a top aussie yoshi like [insert name here] or [insert different name here]

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
found the BEST YOSHI EVER a while back

SDed five times, 3 times by rolling offstage with side-b, twice by DJ'ing off the revival platform and trying to attack me at the edge, falls off because he overshot. when he didnt SD i killed him by throwing him offstage and dsmashing his DJ
didnt take any damage at all

this must be a top aussie yoshi like [insert name here] or [insert different name here]
Pretty certain that would be Nikes. I have him on my roster and he's playing. Basic Brawl right now.

Was the Yoshi a Green Yoshi? If so, then case closed.

I can't sleep! D:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Going on as purple lucas now, I will crouch crouch taunt at the beggining; U-Taunt after if you see me.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
GGs to a blue Ike I fought yesterday. I feel a little rusty from not playing vBrawl for so long. I was starting to get the hang of it, then that other player started to interfere with us. :ohwell:.

I might go on later today around 6:00pm pst. Ill start off as "random" but if I feel that its someone good Ill either go as Yellow Kirby, Dasiy Peach, Light Blue GnW, or Gold Sonic. (I seem to be like the best Sonic on bb, so far from what ive seen).

Player -0

Smash Hero
Pretty certain that would be Nikes. I have him on my roster and he's playing. Basic Brawl right now.

Was the Yoshi a Green Yoshi? If so, then case closed.

I can't sleep! D:
You have different wii/zone than them. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't run into the same people on Basic Brawl.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I think I have figured out how people are disconnecting players;
With the release of Project M, I bet many new players are downloading the "Wi-Fi Safe" set, thinking they can play Basic Brawl.

I'll be on for now as purple Lucas. Crouch Crouch Taunt. U-Taunt if you find me.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Getting on right now. Lets see if I have to crash any taunt parties xD.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Or in Twi's case they use alloys lol
THEY DO. THEY HAVE. TWICE.

Though that's not always Project M; it's just people thinking they can hack and look cool using them on basic. No.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
In other words (codes!)

@ Playa-2.0
Nikes has an American Brawl Disk. And I found PUFFY from Mexico ( I asked her In Aib and she "lol xD yeah... Weird).

I think there is more to this (only in the borders of America). The government of Nintendo is hiding things!

@ PK Pie, case closed~

I should be on today... I hope today's WiFi becomes a lot better today. =O

kaazers

Smash Master
GGs to a blue Ike I fought yesterday. I feel a little rusty from not playing vBrawl for so long. I was starting to get the hang of it, then that other player started to interfere with us. :ohwell:.

I might go on later today around 6:00pm pst. Ill start off as "random" but if I feel that its someone good Ill either go as Yellow Kirby, Dasiy Peach, Light Blue GnW, or Gold Sonic. (I seem to be like the best Sonic on bb, so far from what ive seen).
I played Blue Ike yesterday and had a couple of good fights with a few players (albeit with lag in 80% of them). I couldn't use my computer so I didn't get around to mentioning those fights. Which characters did you play? And did the Ike switch characters?

In other news:
I've faced a three or four good players today… but they all ended up either running away the second they got a win, or SDing the second another player hits them. Hah, I remember one or two of them even running away, asking another player (not a friend) to hit them, and then hopping off the ledge. Up until today I've never been unlucky enough to encounter this many of them in one day, nor have I ever been so fortunate as to have this many other players who just didn't care and went along with the point feeding, lol.

I saw an ugly side of myself while fighting them in Basic Brawl today. Taunting, item throwing, smash ball using… I just did what they did back...

Except for the point feeding.

I drew the line there.

Also, I've run into alloys, too. Twice. That round Kirby-looking one. I freaked out since… I didn't even know alloys could exist on BB.

and them I got DC'd. Haha, I didn't know that could happen either.

Well, I'm hopping onto Basic Brawl. I hope I have better luck this time.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Ok. I'm Fire-Mario, I will crouch Crouch Taunt at the begginning of the match. U-Taunt if you see me.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Also, I've run into alloys, too. Twice. That round Kirby-looking one. I freaked out since… I didn't even know alloys could exist on BB.

and them I got DC'd. Haha, I didn't know that could happen either.
So someone finally managed to get lucky enough to get the alloy on P4 and walk around with it? I heard alloys could only be used if specifically P4 is an alloy. I wouldn't know otherwise, both I've seen were on P2 and P3 slot and immediately froze after the nameplate showed up. Bahhhh. Curse the infernal BBBZZZZZZZZZZT.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I played Blue Ike yesterday and had a couple of good fights with a few players (albeit with lag in 80% of them). I couldn't use my computer so I didn't get around to mentioning those fights. Which characters did you play? And did the Ike switch characters?
I was a Jigglypuff (trainer hat), Bowser (black), Sonic (gold), and GnW (light blue). After that, I was interrupted on Bridge of Eldin... and then he left after that.

kaazers

Smash Master
The. Lag. Is. Unreal. Right. Now.

So someone finally managed to get lucky enough to get the alloy on P4 and walk around with it? I heard alloys could only be used if specifically P4 is an alloy. I wouldn't know otherwise, both I've seen were on P2 and P3 slot and immediately froze after the nameplate showed up. Bahhhh. Curse the infernal BBBZZZZZZZZZZT.
Huh? I had no clue. I had a whole two minutes with that Kirby Alloy thing so I thought it was similar to Wario Man. It just kinda twirled around and slowly tried to approach. Me? I acted like it had the plague, hahaha. Wow, to think I encountered them twice. It was kind of cool.

I was a Jigglypuff (trainer hat), Bowser (black), Sonic (gold), and GnW (light blue). After that, I was interrupted on Bridge of Eldin... and then he left after that.
Hmm, I was sure it was me since Blue Ike was all I played yesterday. I don't remember fighting a Jigglypuff or Cyan G&W though… guess not. I'll keep an eye out for those characters though!

Top Bottom