• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

kaazers

Smash Master
Yeah, this lag is really something. It seems really bad lately -- I've had no luck. I'm calling it a night.

I want to leave this question out here since this phenomenon seems to occur at least once every other day… and it happened again just now. I've seen it quite a lot, but it still gets me every time.

Has anyone here ever experienced this?

You're playing a normal round: P3 hates you and is out for your blood, P4 is fighting everyone and P2 is spectating. Meanwhile, you're engaged in a fight with P3 and P4.

When all of a sudden, everyone starts to act REALLY weird: your friend P2 starts attacking you in a level -1 CPU manner and then jumps off, P3 will start either ducking at you or hitting the air before jumping off, and P4 who is easily the most skilled can now no longer recover when he also jumps off. Basically everyone hits air once or twice before jumping to their deaths.

And you're just standing there wondering what you're seeing.

At the end of the round, you obviously win since you weren't repeatedly committing suicide.

Next round: everything is normal. It's as if nothing ever happened…

Just wondering if it's a commonly seen odd occurrence or if my internet needs an exorcism performed, lol...

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Just got online and everything seems perfectly fine. No lag. I'll be on for maybe an hour or two then I'm off to bed.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah, this lag is really something. It seems really bad lately -- I've had no luck. I'm calling it a night.

I want to leave this question out here since this phenomenon seems to occur at least once every other day… and it happened again just now. I've seen it quite a lot, but it still gets me every time.

You're playing a normal round: P3 hates you and is out for your blood, P4 is fighting everyone and P2 is spectating. Meanwhile, you're engaged in a fight with P3 and P4.

When all of a sudden, everyone starts to act REALLY weird: your friend P2 starts attacking you in a level -1 CPU manner and then jumps off, P3 will start either ducking at you or hitting the air before jumping off, and P4 who is easily the most skilled can now no longer recover when he also jumps off. Basically everyone hits air once or twice before jumping to their deaths.

At the end of the round, you obviously win since you weren't repeatedly committing suicide.

Just wondering if it's a commonly seen odd occurrence or if my internet needs an exorcism performed, lol...
That has happened to me quite a few times. I was fighting my rival Gold Ike, White Peach spectating, Green Zelda watching as well (not you Wis xD) Then, ouy of no where everyone goes off dieing... creepy... I then left that room... weird stuff... Ha ha! Exorcism!

Edit: Are you on right now, Kaz?

Edit: Where is everybody at...

Edit: Kaazers probably sacred everyone off when you typed that creepy movement players do... xD

Last edited:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Who is this green Zelda and why does she hate me? First thing she does when the match starts is walk up to me, jab, walk away. She would throw Din's at me once in awhile (dodged of course) then would walk over to Peach and Mario and start crouching with them while I'm at the bottom of Temple, entertaining myself xD First, don't steal my color and second, I think this was that Zelda that I always see who will switch colors every time she goes online. Really hate her...

Anyways, Basic is reeeally dead right now.

Edit: And I wish I could stop getting the same groups. I drop for a reason...

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Why don't you just fight her already. She clearly wants to be the only Green Zelda on Basic brawl. Just like I want to be the only White Link. I've fought for it and always won.

You do the same thing and fight for your colors with pride and be proud!

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
I couldn't really fight well at the moment. My hands were freezing and my fingers were just.. hurting because of how cold it is. She seemed like a noob. I like challenges. Helps me improve. I actually saw this white Link an hour ago who I thought was you but as soon as Marth started fighting him I knew it wasn't.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Oh I see... It's my imposter... always is-_-

When you see a White Link that knows how to hold his ground against those top tier characters and players, then that will be me. The imposter learned Bomb Sliding and Dacusing.... he's becoming me... I fought him and destroyed him, but he still wants to stay White... please... I have a strong feeling it's the hacker.. since I don't play Yoshi anymore, I now use my main Link now, but, the Imposter wants to learn Link so he can wreck me with my own main. Wont happen but he'll try to.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Oh I see... It's my imposter... always is-_-

When you see a White Link that knows how to hold his ground against those top tier characters and players, then that will be me. The imposter learned Bomb Sliding and Dacusing.... he's becoming me... I fought him and destroyed him, but he still wants to stay White... please... I have a strong feeling it's the hacker.. since I don't play Yoshi anymore, I now use my main Link now, but, the Imposter wants to learn Link so he can wreck me with my own main. Wont happen but he'll try to.
I'm not sure if he knew Bomb Sliding or Dacus. He mainly spammed his Usmash. Marth was clearly better. The hacker? The one that we always see? I've never seen him go white Link... or Link at all. But I guess he could be doing it just because of you since you two seem to meet up quite often. Basic was pretty boring tonight :/ Finally got on at 5am which is when everybody's going off xD Anyways, I should get to sleep. Have to get up in about 3 hours. Are you going on Basic tomorrow?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I'm not sure if he knew Bomb Sliding or Dacus. He mainly spammed his Usmash. Marth was clearly better. The hacker? The one that we always see? I've never seen him go white Link... or Link at all. But I guess he could be doing it just because of you since you two seem to meet up quite often. Basic was pretty boring tonight :/ Finally got on at 5am which is when everybody's going off xD Anyways, I should get to sleep. Have to get up in about 3 hours. Are you going on Basic tomorrow?
Hm... he wants to make me look bad then... that sounds like the hacker... going to sleep? Alright, have a good night sleep! May you be rested and get ready for whatever you have to do. I'm fighting a super fun Ganondorf! I love it! I'd sleep right now, but I'm having way too much fun with fighting the Green Ganon ^_^

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I've been seeing a lot of Kirby spammers...
I'll be on as purple lucas. You know how to ID me. Crouch Crouch Taunt

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I ran into a cool skilled Samus/Peach earlier as my Red Falcon/GnW/Wario/TL/Mario and I could tell that she wanted to 1v1 me but the other 2 guys were getting in the way. Sorry for leaving so soon. You probably noticed I was failing at platform canceling with Falcon and Mario lol.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296

That sounds like a desync if I've heard one. You might have had someone hacking in the group whose hacks did something to throw everyone out of sync, like if they changed stuff like bones, hitboxes, movements.. I know there's a hack to wallcling forever that will desync right after; everyone will see the clinger fall off the wall at a normal time, even if the hacker sees their character sitting up there forever. Anything can happen after a desync, since everyone else can be seeing entirely different screens.

One time I was in a group with two friends and a hacker who went WarioMan; one friend didn't make it to sudden death, though as soon as it started, everyone desynced. This time however, no one moved at all, while I'm sure each separate person was moving on their own screen like I was. On my screen, Wario would not move and neither would my friend, and since Wario didn't die to remove the hack before the end of the round, he won and subsequently froze our wiis. I talked to my friends and they each told me a completely different story--it baffles the mind sometimes how desyncs work.

What you saw on your screen was most likely not what everyone else was seeing. They think they're attacking you, when you see they're going the wrong way and end up suidicing off the edge. It's weird, but sometimes funny to watch.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Hm... he wants to make me look bad then... that sounds like the hacker... going to sleep? Alright, have a good night sleep! May you be rested and get ready for whatever you have to do. I'm fighting a super fun Ganondorf! I love it! I'd sleep right now, but I'm having way too much fun with fighting the Green Ganon ^_^
What was the Ganon doing? How was he fighting? I think I might have fought him the other night. I'm not sure if I'm gonna Basic tonight at all.

@Twi, Haha, yeah X) Got me confused for the rest of the night.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
What was the Ganon doing? How was he fighting? I think I might have fought him the other night. I'm not sure if I'm gonna Basic tonight at all.

@Twi, Haha, yeah X) Got me confused for the rest of the night.
He knew how to FoG, Thunder Stomping, buffering Up airs, Back airs, and Choke holds and slams. He knew how to be defensive with Ganondorf ( like the simple moves that kill Ganondorf, he will power shield them without fear and go in. I've been seeing this Ganon like everyday at 4:00 am. I always wait all night just to brawl him. Man oh man does it get intense! XD Nothing but styling and hard core agression with tricks invovled. The players always watch and know what's good for them ( that is to not butt in, or they will get styled on). I remember there was this MetaKnight that thought he was a hot shot and attacked me ) he was so easy to predict and all I did was Bomb him and do a bunch of fancy string set-ups, then my Ganondorf took a turn and styled on MetaKnight. Seriously the Metakniight is good! I just know how to work around MK with Link ( that's like the most common Match-up I'm good with). The Ganon would predict his Nado and Forward Smash, and he would so such amazing fancy movement that would make the MK shield... From that moment I just wanted to Brawl with him all night. Heck, I hope he's reading this. Remember one thing bro, I won you everytime X) If you find him brawl him Wis. He's a challenge, believe me he is! X) Best Ganondorf I've ever fought in my whole life of Brawling (Aib including). I just want to type that I'm fighting a person in this very room. I feel he's been lurking and still hasn't shown his face yet. I hope I find him again and have us some intense matches again. :D

I hope he uses some other characters... I know he has other characters... If you're using Ganondorf so I can spot you, don't worry, just be another Green character and I'll attack like all the time. X)

@ Twice, tl;dr ;)

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
He knew how to FoG, Thunder Stomping, buffering Up airs, Back airs, and Choke holds and slams. He knew how to be defensive with Ganondorf ( like the simple moves that kill Ganondorf, he will power shield them without fear and go in. I've been seeing this Ganon like everyday at 4:00 am. I always wait all night just to brawl him. Man oh man does it get intense! XD Nothing but styling and hard core agression with tricks invovled. The players always watch and know what's good for them ( that is to not butt in, or they will get styled on). I remember there was this MetaKnight that thought he was a hot shot and attacked me ) he was so easy to predict and all I did was Bomb him and do a bunch of fancy string set-ups, then my Ganondorf took a turn and styled on MetaKnight. Seriously the Metakniight is good! I just know how to work around MK with Link ( that's like the most common Match-up I'm good with). The Ganon would predict his Nado and Forward Smash, and he would so such amazing fancy movement that would make the MK shield... From that moment I just wanted to Brawl with him all night. Heck, I hope he's reading this. Remember one thing bro, I won you everytime X) If you find him brawl him Wis. He's a challenge, believe me he is! X) Best Ganondorf I've ever fought in my whole life of Brawling (Aib including). I just want to type that I'm fighting a person in this very room. I feel he's been lurking and still hasn't shown his face yet. I hope I find him again and have us some intense matches again. :D

I hope he uses some other characters... I know he has other characters... If you're using Ganondorf so I can spot you, don't worry, just be another Green character and I'll attack like all the time. X)

@ Twice, tl;dr ;)
Hmm, I'm not sure if that's the person I fought. Probably wasn't. The Ganon I fought was blue not green. I was just wondering though because I just recently fought a decent Ganon so I wanted to see if it was the same guy. Anyways, I've been seeing this really good White Link around. He's a good challenge for me, that's for sure! And I don't think it's your imposter either. I see him at different times. 4 was always the time I found you xD Lately I just haven't been playing with anyone. Well, hopefully you find that Ganon tonight and have some good matches!

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I've been seeing a lot of Kirby spammers...
I'll be on as purple lucas. You know how to ID me. Crouch Crouch Taunt
It's not fun having brethren that can't seem to understand rock is a bad move and shouldn't be used every 5 secs.

kaazers

Smash Master
That has happened to me quite a few times. I was fighting my rival Gold Ike, White Peach spectating, Green Zelda watching as well (not you Wis xD) Then, ouy of no where everyone goes off dieing... creepy... I then left that room... weird stuff... Ha ha! Exorcism!

Edit: Are you on right now, Kaz?

Edit: Where is everybody at...

Edit: Kaazers probably sacred everyone off when you typed that creepy movement players do... xD
So you've seen it too! Yeah, I've left once or twice after that happened myself. It's really weird, hah.

And I was off Basic as soon as I posted that, but I'll be on the lookout for a White Link. I stick to Ike or Snake, if anyone is looking for me. No particular colors. I'll probably be playing for quite a while tonight since I'll be away for a week. Who knows, I might run into someone.

That sounds like a desync if I've heard one. You might have had someone hacking in the group whose hacks did something to throw everyone out of sync, like if they changed stuff like bones, hitboxes, movements.. I know there's a hack to wallcling forever that will desync right after; everyone will see the clinger fall off the wall at a normal time, even if the hacker sees their character sitting up there forever. Anything can happen after a desync, since everyone else can be seeing entirely different screens.

One time I was in a group with two friends and a hacker who went WarioMan; one friend didn't make it to sudden death, though as soon as it started, everyone desynced. This time however, no one moved at all, while I'm sure each separate person was moving on their own screen like I was. On my screen, Wario would not move and neither would my friend, and since Wario didn't die to remove the hack before the end of the round, he won and subsequently froze our wiis. I talked to my friends and they each told me a completely different story--it baffles the mind sometimes how desyncs work.

What you saw on your screen was most likely not what everyone else was seeing. They think they're attacking you, when you see they're going the wrong way and end up suidicing off the edge. It's weird, but sometimes funny to watch.
A desync.

That… makes so much sense!

That answers everything: what it is, and even right down to what others see. I asked here a year and a half back but no one knew what I was talking about. No one had even experienced it. Thank you. Really appreciate the thorough explanation! Finally, it all fits together.

On another note,
Had the most fun in a FFA just now. Everyone knew what they were doing. Especially P2 DK/ Red Snake/ Neutral Marth. I just sat there as Red Ike and watched for the longest time. When P3 Lucas/ Randoms came in on BF, the two of them started to fight. Fun matches to watch. When P4 Falco/ Randoms (who also knew what they were doing) joined the fight, I watched for a few rounds but was tempted to join. P2 won most of the matches.
I finally did join but only got 3 rounds in. I won on the last round and P2 left after that… and the team just kind of spiraled down from there.

GG's everyone.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Trying to find people on tonight. I'll be using Purple Lucas, Crouch Crouch Taunt

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Btw, If you see a Sonic fighting using only the B move, DC him. He DC'd a fighting group cause he got last.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
A desync.

That answers everything: what it is, and even right down to what others see. I asked here a year and a half back but no one knew what I was talking about. No one had even experienced it. Thank you. Really appreciate the thorough explanation! Finally, it all fits together.
Much obliged! I'm happy to have satisfied your query.

Desyncs are just about one of the weirdest things out there on basic, and can actually happen a lot.. Especially with hackers lol. Unfortunately once it happens, it's going to be some weirrrrdd stuff until the end of the round; there's no plausible way to resync once the players desync from one another, just gotta let the match end and start another. Unless you're insanely and inexplicably lucky and somehow reset the game's status to how it was before whatever caused the desync to happen happened. Otherwise, just sit back and watch with ****s and giggles as everyone spirals into hell until the next match starts. Aha.

Kinda surprised no one else knew about them tbh. Basic is in thrall to hackers and their hacky hacks.

Edit: @ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 , fjgkrt.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I know about it from Project M, the reason it resyncs is because there is a timer. I guess this is somewhat decent by Sakurai, probably unintentional. (He didn't want camping probably)

Also what's with the weird reply to GYK?

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I love how people leave when they win once... after I win like the last 10 matches so they can exit with whatever dignity they can spare.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
tb rock hard tonight peachonfire! and gooood link too bad he sinks like lead ggsike<mk:p

who wore the wreath tonight

p1 (me)
kirby 1
marth 1
mk 5
snake 1
ike 3

p2
ike 8
dorf 1

p3
peach 7
luigi 1
link 1

p4
zelda 3
dk 1

oh and wtf with corneria overnover

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Aaaahahahaha. I'm sleepless and weird don't pay attention to meee fjgkjh

I didn't know what tl;dr meant aahaha..

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
So you've seen it too! Yeah, I've left once or twice after that happened myself. It's really weird, hah.

And I was off Basic as soon as I posted that, but I'll be on the lookout for a White Link. I stick to Ike or Snake, if anyone is looking for me. No particular colors. I'll probably be playing for quite a while tonight since I'll be away for a week. Who knows, I might run into someone.

A desync.

On another note,
Had the most fun in a FFA just now. Everyone knew what they were doing. Especially P2 DK/ Red Snake/ Neutral Marth. I just sat there as Red Ike and watched for the longest time. When P3 Lucas/ Randoms came in on BF, the two of them started to fight. Fun matches to watch. When P4 Falco/ Randoms (who also knew what they were doing) joined the fight, I watched for a few rounds but was tempted to join. P2 won most of the matches.
I finally did join but only got 3 rounds in. I won on the last round and P2 left after that… and the team just kind of spiraled down from there.

GG's everyone.
Yes, It's happened to me... a lot... weird... and are you online right now? I am! :D

Lag is soo bad! Meh... anyway I hope to find you and everyone else. @ Player-0, so you're my imposter! D: He he xD... I still don't think you're the imposter. The White Link is bad and I know it's the hacker (trust me me and Wis know). Your Wisedorf is too manly! It has to pretend to lose to players.. that's how manly it is! =D

@ Twii... you're so mean! I was kidding and wasn't being serious... <.< Tsk tsk

@ Everyone else

Last edited:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Had a fun 20 matches with a neutral Ike/Pit, black Bowser, and red Olimar. You guys just HAD to keep choosing Temple -_- I keep getting the same neutral Link. I don't want this guy :c He needs to get offline.

Edit: Not finding anyone interesting. Probably gonna get off soon if I can't find anyone.

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
Much obliged! I'm happy to have satisfied your query.

Desyncs are just about one of the weirdest things out there on basic, and can actually happen a lot.. Especially with hackers lol. Unfortunately once it happens, it's going to be some weirrrrdd stuff until the end of the round; there's no plausible way to resync once the players desync from one another, just gotta let the match end and start another. Unless you're insanely and inexplicably lucky and somehow reset the game's status to how it was before whatever caused the desync to happen happened. Otherwise, just sit back and watch with ****s and giggles as everyone spirals into hell until the next match starts. Aha.

Kinda surprised no one else knew about them tbh. Basic is in thrall to hackers and their hacky hacks.

Edit: @ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 , fjgkrt.
At least I'll now know why everyone is "spiraling into hell" now, hah! 'Cause I was pretty much watching with horror every single time up until now. When it happened again today I just nodded my head knowingly, telling myself, "Ah. That desync." No lie. You can only imagine my reaction the first time it ever happened. Now it's just amusing.

I wonder if it happens that frequently to me because I hack… Somehow I highly doubt it since all I do is the occasional two player hack or go to the usual (safe) hack stages -- and even those… rarely.

Yes, It's happened to me... a lot... weird... and are you online right now? I am! :D
I was on a few hours ago, and even ran into this cool Wario pair a few times who did all kinds of cool footstools and combos on whoever took the empty player slot. Also ran into a lot of mean Marths and angry Zeldas: the story of my BB life. The lag was pretty bad in 75% of the groups I got so I eventually gave up and played some Valkyria Chronicles instead. Gotta head off to bed now. I guess I'll try again next week...

A quick gg's to a
Charizard/ Captain Falcon I fought with my Red Snake earlier today on FD and BF. He asked for a match on FD and I accepted. My memory's foggy right now so I can't recall more than that. Fun matches, though.

TickledPeachy

Smash Ace
Aha, found that other red Peach everyone seems to see a lot. Knew it was her, first thing she did was walk down to that bottom platform of temple and crouched. She turned into a CPU shortly after.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Aha, found that other red Peach everyone seems to see a lot. Knew it was her, first thing she did was walk down to that bottom platform of temple and crouched. She turned into a CPU shortly after.
What's she doing on basic if all she's going to do is drop out of every match she gets into lol

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Either this hacker is an incredibly dedicated and patient troll or they fell asleep on the character select screen. Lmao wake up and move dude.

Top Bottom