• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Haha probably. That's what I usually do. I usually look for Link's, Marth's, and sometimes Ike's.
Whooo neeeeeeds couples I just try to find some fun people. Maybe some fighters to piss off. As everyone knows, taunt parties DO get boring after a while.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Whooo neeeeeeds couples I just try to find some fun people. Maybe some fighters to piss off. As everyone knows, taunt parties DO get boring after a while.
I like couples D: Speaking of which, I just found a blue Link who wanted me. He came right up to me and started taunting. Followed me everywhere, but I dropped.

Edit: Hhahheheheh I found a green Marth who was just like the Link.

Last edited:

TickledPeachy

Smash Ace
What's up with the hackers this morning? Keep running into the same one that tends to make every player in the group the same character. First made us all blue ganondork, then wman...

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
At least I'll now know why everyone is "spiraling into hell" now, hah! 'Cause I was pretty much watching with horror every single time up until now. When it happened again today I just nodded my head knowingly, telling myself, "Ah. That desync." No lie. You can only imagine my reaction the first time it ever happened. Now it's just amusing.

I wonder if it happens that frequently to me because I hack… Somehow I highly doubt it since all I do is the occasional two player hack or go to the usual (safe) hack stages -- and even those… rarely.

I was on a few hours ago, and even ran into this cool Wario pair a few times who did all kinds of cool footstools and combos on whoever took the empty player slot. Also ran into a lot of mean Marths and angry Zeldas: the story of my BB life. The lag was pretty bad in 75% of the groups I got so I eventually gave up and played some Valkyria Chronicles instead. Gotta head off to bed now. I guess I'll try again next week...

A quick gg's to a
Charizard/ Captain Falcon I fought with my Red Snake earlier today on FD and BF. He asked for a match on FD and I accepted. My memory's foggy right now so I can't recall more than that. Fun matches, though.
That's probably Zan and Wafty, Kyle, or Loe1? Those Wario players are Bike masters as well. They do some weird glitches and such. xD

You sleeping yet. ;P

@ Wis, lies!

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Yup, and then a DC. I found a Green Toon-Link that is doing stuff and then he switched to a Green Marth. I was Tan Ike and now I'm White Link~
I think I saw that Toon earlier. I'm just messin' around with Twi in Basic right now. These people are kinda boring :/

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I think I saw that Toon earlier. I'm just messin' around with Twi in Basic right now. These people are kinda boring :/
And apparently these people are part of the over-populous crowd who know nothing else in the world besides FD. HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS STAGE FUN, PEOPLE?

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
We had a spot open. I was gonna say something but nvm. If you found her then just stay.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
haven't seen her in years..

And she was originally Dasiy Peach. My soul-mate (from Brawl of course... xD)
I see her every night. I'm sorry but... I kinda... dislike her I guess I could say. She really hates me.

I'M SORRY TWI BUT I HAD TO LEAVE. THEY WERE SO ANNOYING

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I see her every night. I'm sorry but... I kinda... dislike her I guess I could say. She really hates me.

I'M SORRY TWI BUT I HAD TO LEAVE. THEY WERE SO ANNOYING
They're alwaayyyyysss annoying.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Purple Lucas will be crouch crouch Taunting ;D
I will probably fight, maybe not.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Purple Lucas with a Claus and dark Zelda. I'm the Zelda there, heyoo

Edit: This group is so weird. P3 (now red Pit) comes in and has some sort of vendetta against P2 (now blue Lucas), and P4 (now neutral Lucas) is fighting both of them off and on. It's like a random 1vs1 into 3-way ffa back and forth. Meanwhile I'm just the dark Zelda/green Peach watching it all, minding my own business and teetering on the edge.. or sitting invisibly behind the middle pole on Temple. Aha.

Edit: Now P3 and P4 are out for each other's blood while P2 and I kick back and chill.

Edit: And we're disconnected. That was weird but fun to watch. 10am and time for sleep, night all.

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Dear Basic Brawl Diary,

It's been awhile since I've been on here. Went on BB this morning, when I woke up too early and couldn't go back to sleep. vBrawl feels so strange... My attempts to waveland ect were almost comical. One match as dark Link and, no, it wasn't happening. I went right to light blue marth instead (I miss this color in PM too much), and just kinda hung out (attacked as little as possible) as everyone else duked it out. There was an mk, a kirby and a toonlink in lobby. Btw mk, sorry about that smash ball kill. I really didn't think it would kill you with like, the 2 seconds left in the match. It's probably odd that I'm apologizing, we weren't friendlies, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I dislike items. A few matches later, kirby left, and wario came in. Mk turned to zero suit, and it became a taunt party. I tried to see if I could set up a 1v1 with zss, but it didn't work out. Left afterwards.

New lobby had ness, tlink, and sonic. Ness and tlink were friendlies, so I went friendly as well. Tlink left after the first match. Ness turned to lucas, and sonic eventually left (after we beat him up enough times), replaced by a capfalcon --> fox --> pit. AFK the first couple of seconds, but turned out friendly after we protected him from a CPU. Lucas turned to Ike, then Link. So I had to go Link too a couple of times. Pit turned to Sonic, and I suspect it's the same sonic as before because he immediately attacked. My brawl Link is nowhere where it was, but it was fun. Turned to red Marth when he/she was red Ike, just to be cute. Got one 1v1 in. A random green zelda came for one match, where we all teamed on a pikatchu cpu. She left right afterwards. That match was hilarious. Another Zelda joined the match after, Dark Zelda this time. We teamed on her and a CPU. She turned to fox, and left after winning that match. I was glad, I got to get in a couple of 1v1s with red Ike, and got to test out his Lucas. Teamed against a snake that left immediately. Friendly Mario joined. The day called and I had to leave.

~PATH

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

Edit: Is it okay if I could try to find you tomorrow night xD Unless you don't want to, that's fine.
@Wis, ha ha! XD That picture... XD Sure! I tried to find you gals, but I got tried and went to bed.

I was just in that group actually. The Clasus Lucas was technical. Yeah! There was this other Lucas that was Purple. I know he's not a scrub. He's just trying not to show himself completely. He acted like a new player... XD I've fought that Purple Lucas before, and it's the best Lucas I've ever fought. I remember the Purple Lucas knew how to do everything with Lucas. The Clasus Lucas knew how to do everything as well. I was the Tan Ike just watching and found my counch Peach friend. XD Seems she did forget about me and my long relationship with Tan Ike :( Meh, I liked the Dasy Peach better! She knows how to Bone walk, cancel moves, and get back onstage without any lag invovled.

@ PKBeam, were you this Clasus Lucas? If so, then wow you have a very good Lucas! =D We should 1vs1 sometime. To the Purple Lucas, stop trying to hide your Lucas knowledge... The fact that I've fought you hundrerds of times and know your habits and everything else. Plus, you always come at 3:00-ish (so why hide from your buddy =()? I also remember that the Clasus Lucas started off as a Red then Green ToonLink. I was hoping you'd show your true face. Zan)? I could be wrong though. Most of the times... I'm wrong about it... XD

@ PATH, long live Melee~

And how good has your Link gotten PATH? Ha ha! Wavedashing in brawl? Only with Yoshi ;) Which is called "Dragonic Reverse" you saw me preform it a bunch of times when we fought. =O That's why my Yoshi could cancel so many moves and wouldn't have to turn around in-order to prefrom that attack. See you around buddy~

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Wavedashing in brawl? Only with Yoshi ;) Which is called "Dragonic Reverse"
Peach and Lucas can "wavedash" too, but I know Lucas' is way harder to do.

I really want to find one of you guys/gals on BB, I dont think Ive ever seen any of you guys, or the people you talk about. I use claus Lucas and know how to do all of the techs, but I didnt think anyone was there so I switch'd characters. I rarely ever go Yellow Kirby unless I know its someone good.

P.S Im on as of now.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Peach and Lucas can "wavedash" too, but I know Lucas' is way harder to do.

I really want to find one of you guys/gals on BB, I dont think Ive ever seen any of you guys, or the people you talk about. I use claus Lucas and know how to do all of the techs, but I didnt think anyone was there so I switch'd characters. I rarely ever go Yellow Kirby unless I know its someone good.

P.S Im on as of now.
Oh yeah! XD Sorry bro! D: But Peach's cancel float is useless. Lucas and Yoshi have the same-thing. Only Yoshi's goes father. =O I wish Link could wavedash... ;(

Did you by anyway chance view a Tan Ike yesterday? I was In a rare mood to use Ike (mostly because Basic Brawl's connection Is really bad this week). I should be back to selecting Link (if the connection gets better... <.<). I see your free auzz Yellow Kirby all the time. XD I always felt to go attack you and have us a match (since Basic Brawl's connections is far more superior than a Internet connection (duh!) I won't be on until like 10:00ish time. Have fun and style on those players for me. ;)

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I'm going on as Purple Lucas, I'll crouch crouch taunt. Footstool on my head if you find me.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I see your free auzz Yellow Kirby all the time.
Damn! Im pretty sure thats not me, unless I sleepwalk or something. I havent used Brawl Kirby on BB since before PM 3.0 came out. :p. I wanna see this Kirby lol.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
So who all is on basic right now? Dark Zelda/green Peach for a little while. Maybe neutral Pika.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
KirbyXJiggly makes more sense. But Kirby X Zelda is better than Kirby X peach.

Love your avi btw, its funny. Just dropping in to say hi.

PATH O__o

3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
@ GYK In PM? I'd say it's pretty decent. Haha, of course I remember your Yoshi.

Edit: Agreed, long live melee. It's an amazing game.

Last edited:

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
So Peach's float cancel is useless according to GYK. Can someone explain this to me

Also that ICs moment shouldn't be in a "completion" lmao

HYP3R

Smash Lord
So Peach's float cancel is useless according to GYK. Can someone explain this to me

I think he meant it was useless for movement speed or wavedashing.
I always thought float canceling was just for mindgames or to look flashy, but i'm sure a Peach main will correct me.

PATH O__o

3DS FC
0018-2341-8072

I have never really played Peach, so I don't believe I have the proper knowledge to make an informed opinion. I think HYP3R is right, but would further suggest going to the Peach forums to see what Peach mains think on the subject. I'm not sure what you mean as far as the ICs, but many people view their chain grab negatively (if that answers your question at all...)

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

What meant was her Float cancels. She can only like walk while dashing 9you get what I mean?) The difference with Yoshi or Lucas, is they can add an attack right after they Wave-Dash. Peach can do the same-thing, only she can only jab or grab and players wont just sit there... unless it's Basic Brawl or you know... And my CPU Peach just mind-gamed me! D: She did the Float cancel thing, I thought she can going to jump, she did, but she canceled it and then I jumped back to the stage and got a Up air hit... Didn't die but that was tricky! You ever getting that feeling when you type something or say something, and all of a sudden that certain thing or response you wrote or said worked for some obscene way...? Well I sure do! X) Long live Life's mind-games~

You upset? ;P That was hilarious! The title even made it more funnier! xD And I meant a goofy completion (not a serious completion, do you get what I mean? Hope so...). You responded really quickly to that response on the video. ;)

For everyone to laugh with! At times like these I love Brawl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO8oVqqQhPs

@ Prince, You shouldn't have a hard time finding him... unless you do sleep walk! D: You must be like super pro without even looking at the screen with your eyes closed and playing Brawl like Chuck Norris. xD

@ Zero, get your butt online and stop dropping by... stay with us! We miss you! =O <3

@ Hyper, spot on! I was starting to think the same-way. I'm sure your friend Kiro guy will help us with that situation, Mr.Blue Kandy.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
LMAO..... that video.

I'm doing a PM wi-fi tourney on Friday though. I'm getting ready for it so I won't be going online like until.... after.
Okay, but promise you'll stop by and stay with us. PM? So, Is it really that good? I read that it's slower and it will actually mess up your Melee speed with genetic Melee speed. I already look like Melee though. ;)

Got things to do so I'll be back later. Good games to a Green Lucario. Fun games! Thank you for the games.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Okay, but promise you'll stop by and stay with us. PM? So, Is it really that good? I read that it's slower and it will actually mess up your Melee speed with genetic Melee speed. I already look like Melee though. ;)
Yeah its not like melee, its easier to wavedash in melee than in PM but its similar. Its just a for fun thing i'm doing with the smash 4 people. Its good to me, since I play all smash's. You can combo more easily there as well. I play it cause it redeems melee kirby.

I promise, if the brawl wi-fi lets me :p

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah its not like melee, its easier to wavedash in melee than in PM but its similar. Its just a for fun thing i'm doing with the smash 4 people. Its good to me, since I play all smash's. You can combo more easily there as well. I play it cause it redeems melee kirby.

I promise, if the brawl wi-fi lets me :p
Lies! You left us! D: Melee Kirby was so bad.. players barely knew how to do anything with Kirby ... Have fun at your tourney! :)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Lies! You left us! D: Melee Kirby was so bad.. players barely knew how to do anything with Kirby ... Have fun at your tourney! :)
I did, but i'll come back :D

I know he sucks, pichu is better than him, however if you space well you can do combos that would own your opponents. But if you get hit your dead. That's why kirby sucked so bad in melee because he had no priority and his grab game is total garbage. that said, if you can find in opening you can actually take some stocks off.

But with melee kirby your gonna have to play REALLY safe and not flashy at all.... which is why I was disappointed in melee, that kirby had to work so hard to get a stock. But in PM you can be as flashy with kirby as you can be, I love it.

I will thanks, wish me luck I wanna make some people humble :p

Oh and have fun with your BB drama xD

Top Bottom