• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I found a dark Zelda that seemed to recognize me, and became Peachy, and she knew what I wanted, too. So cheers, red/white Peach and dark Zelda player! <3

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I found a yellow pit earlier today that attacked me on temple, i wanted the stage to take place on SV ( but majority ruled temple), anyway the yellow pit along with a purple diddy and a default ganon attacked me, i was white ness. took all of them on the ganon backed off and focused on the diddy while the diddy and pit went after me, i mainly focused on the pit, but i lost cuz of the purple diddy's interference. But i know not to assume the yellow pit was anyone from here. Kudos to whoever you are, yellow pit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Idk. I don't think I was that one. I know I hate temple, and am all in favor of never seeing that accursed stage again. I do like SV though. My Pit is one of the better ones though can be frustrated if ganged up on. We'll see.

melody9195

Smash Rookie
About a month ago I was in a group with a Zelda and Link and I was white Ike, until this other Ike joined (wearing the purple/red costume). He wouldn't switch his character so I turned into Marth. (who I never played as at the time). It was basically a taunt party, but without taunt-spamming or a lot of crouching. Anyway, he was a great fighter, he did arials mostly. The thing I'll never forget is that we were on the Temple and a CPU joined, and he went to the bottom platform and waited. When it went down to him, he grabbed it, threw it against the opposite wall and did a crouch attack. It got KO'd so quickly haha. He did that about 5 times and then the match ended, and from then on I thought 'After this guy leaves, if I meet a Purple Ike who does that same combo, I'll know its him!' He did leave. About an hour later.

But guess what? It was last Thursday at about 1:00 am, I was in a group to fight as normal Marth, with a Lucas, a Captain Falcon, and yes, a purple Ike.
I DID noticed he fought alike to the other guy I'd known, but I shook it off, aware that it'd be too good to be true.
But on the last match, someone voted for the Temple, and he did, indeed, do the same combo as I remembered.
So in the midst of fighting, I'd ran up to him like an idiot and crouched, and ran to the where he was doing the combo.
All he did was run towards me, but then he stopped, and went back to fight the others. In the Sudden Death, he didn't try to KO anyone...he just stood there. After that match, his P4 entry was seeking. :\

So anyway, does anyone know who the guy is? Have you seen anyone do that same combo I described? I'm just interested in finding him because I was lucky enough to meet him twice...

link2702

Smash Champion
man i keep meeting up with this same pink/black zss who thinks she's hot ****.

she is constantly having to double tema to beat me

the first several matches her and her ***** a light blue g&w constantly had to double team me, the final match i went meta and ***** both of em.

i then d/c'd the whole group after that.

THEN she starts appearing again in matches, she barely hangs on sometimes and beats me...once again by grouping up with another player because she lacks the ability to beat me on her own. When i get her in a situation by herself, she gets slaughtered by me.

Noob ZSS player, You are absolutely without question one of the most pathetic players i've seen on basic brawl. Learn to get some actual skill at the game kid :troll:

were you to face me in a true 1v1 with no bs partner to help you, you'd get slaughtered so hard its not even funny.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
About a month ago I was in a group with a Zelda and Link and I was white Ike, until this other Ike joined (wearing the purple/red costume). He wouldn't switch his character so I turned into Marth. (who I never played as at the time). It was basically a taunt party, but without taunt-spamming or a lot of crouching. Anyway, he was a great fighter, he did arials mostly. The thing I'll never forget is that we were on the Temple and a CPU joined, and he went to the bottom platform and waited. When it went down to him, he grabbed it, threw it against the opposite wall and did a crouch attack. It got KO'd so quickly haha. He did that about 5 times and then the match ended, and from then on I thought 'After this guy leaves, if I meet a Purple Ike who does that same combo, I'll know its him!' He did leave. About an hour later.

But guess what? It was last Thursday at about 1:00 am, I was in a group to fight as normal Marth, with a Lucas, a Captain Falcon, and yes, a purple Ike.
I DID noticed he fought alike to the other guy I'd known, but I shook it off, aware that it'd be too good to be true.
But on the last match, someone voted for the Temple, and he did, indeed, do the same combo as I remembered.
So in the midst of fighting, I'd ran up to him like an idiot and crouched, and ran to the where he was doing the combo.
All he did was run towards me, but then he stopped, and went back to fight the others. In the Sudden Death, he didn't try to KO anyone...he just stood there. After that match, his P4 entry was seeking. :\

So anyway, does anyone know who the guy is? Have you seen anyone do that same combo I described? I'm just interested in finding him because I was lucky enough to meet him twice...
Probably me, I use Red Ike. Whenever Temple arrives I head for the bottom platform. Also many good Ike's alrready know about that. It doesn't work all the time though, it depends on who I throw (weight,fallspeed)

melody9195

Smash Rookie
Probably me, I use Red Ike. Whenever Temple arrives I head for the bottom platform. Also many good Ike's alrready know about that. It doesn't work all the time though, it depends on who I throw (weight,fallspeed)
Really? By chance, would you remember if you were playing a few nights ago, just for like 5 matches? I think they were on stages like Wario Ware, Delfino Plaza, Pokemon Stadium, and then the Temple...That's all I can remember. I was normal Marth, as I said before, and I think Lucas switched into Mario or something.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Really? By chance, would you remember if you were playing a few nights ago, just for like 5 matches? I think they were on stages like Wario Ware, Delfino Plaza, Pokemon Stadium, and then the Temple...That's all I can remember. I was normal Marth, as I said before, and I think Lucas switched into Mario or something.
Sorry, I can't remember games easily. If I ever find someone really good or if I played good, or even if there was something absolutely ridiculous, I might refer to it. But as of lately, there has not been anything intriguing to speak about. If you do happen to run across that Ike again, maybe you can flash your shield twice repeatedly. I might recognize it.

melody9195

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I can't remember games easily. If I ever find someone really good or if I played good, or even if there was something absolutely ridiculous, I might refer to it. But as of lately, there has not been anything intriguing to speak about. If you do happen to run across that Ike again, maybe you can flash your shield twice repeatedly. I might recognize it.
Okay, and just wondering, would you want to exchange friend codes or anything? I don't know if you're the same Ike I remember, but you seem pretty cool and I don't have a lot of people on my friend list. :\

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Okay, and just wondering, would you want to exchange friend codes or anything? I don't know if you're the same Ike I remember, but you seem pretty cool and I don't have a lot of people on my friend list. :\
lol sure. You should check out the SmashBoards Arena in the Welcoming Center forum. There are many skilled and casual players there who are willing to play.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Smockers. That was me.

3v1 can be *** sometimes.
i regret nothing (◡‿◡✿)

What is that phenomeon I have been seeing where two players seemingly pick their characters and stages at the exact same time... every match? When they eventually leave, they leave at the same time. what??? Happened with a Blue Sheik and Green Marth. It really pains me when I can't give a fair fight because other people get in the way (like yet another annoying, scrubby, too big-for-his-britches MARTH) or I have a very limited area to space. Ughhhh :/

link2702

Smash Champion
I'm convinced, all ZSS players in basic brawl are crappy trolls who can't win any other way than by either triple teaming, or going after an AFK player.

each time i've found a zss, they could not beat me in a 1v1, and soon as they started losing immediatly went after an afk player or tried to get the other people to help them.

I've ran into this same black zss before i'm sure.....
just know kid you wouldn't last against me in a real match.

sadly i know i'll realistically never find the turds here, even if they did actually browse here at SWF, they ain't about to admit they're the ones who are so pathetic they can't beat someone in a legit fight.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
i regret nothing (◡‿◡✿)

What is that phenomeon I have been seeing where two players seemingly pick their characters and stages at the exact same time... every match? When they eventually leave, they leave at the same time. what??? Happened with a Blue Sheik and Green Marth. It really pains me when I can't give a fair fight because other people get in the way (like yet another annoying, scrubby, too big-for-his-britches MARTH) or I have a very limited area to space. Ughhhh :/
I just fought those same hackers just now. The Blue Shiek went MK. The Shiek is pretty good, the Green Marth however was pretty garbage :p I beat them with my own MK after a couple of horrible 2v1's.

How pathetic lol

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Multiplayer basic brawl/team battle hack. I used it a few times along with god's controller code to control 2 players at the same time :3

link2702

Smash Champion
wtf is it with me finding so many damn ****ty players who hve to gang up on someone in order to win -_-

just ran into a crappy red snake and his two buddies who knew they couldnt take me in a legit match so they triple teamed me and even gave each other kills all in order to keep me from winning. The snake thought he was good just form knowing how to dacus, but his snake couldn't hold its own against mine and when his buddies saw his snake struggling against mine they like natural immediatly jumped in to help him.

what is it with these pathetic players lately...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ggs@ the TL i fought with on my Lucario in Teams yesterday, we had some sick synergy

lol@ this PT, bullet seed to Lucario regrab x3 on that rob was sexy!

im in a room with a Snake/Rob, Me on Lucario, PT, a bad Zelda/Ike /Random

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
wtf is it with me finding so many damn ****ty players who hve to gang up on someone in order to win -_-

just ran into a crappy red snake and his two buddies who knew they couldnt take me in a legit match so they triple teamed me and even gave each other kills all in order to keep me from winning. The snake thought he was good just form knowing how to dacus, but his snake couldn't hold its own against mine and when his buddies saw his snake struggling against mine they like natural immediatly jumped in to help him.

what is it with these pathetic players lately...
Haha, I know that feel. I hate finding other players that gang up on you.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
lol at this P3 default kirby from earlier this morning

At Final Destination, you got so mad after my C. Falcon grab + back throw'd you in Sudden Death, even though I SD'd immediately after (as did the other two players). It's just that, I hate stalling during Sudden Death when only two people are left (it's inconsiderate and selfish IMO), so I took it upon myself to act out and prevent that from happening. You were idle the whole match anyway, so I thought you were AFC and didn't think twice about it. But no, the next match you came at me with a vengeance. I wasn't prepared to fight you, much less anticipate your above-average level of skill, so you caught me off-guard the first time, but the next couple of matches, I had the edge and was able to beat you. Eventually, though, I got annoyed and harped on you with MK for that last match to try to piss you off, and it apparently worked, because you disconnected after that round ended.

Blue_Sunshine

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-3301-0014
Last night, went online as blue Sheik, Marth wanted to fight me, the connection was laggy and he switched to meta knight, basically he fought like this, never approaches me and sits there and begs that I do, asking me to help him beat myself by running into his move for him, haha but he was so dead set on fighting me, I picked Luigi and fire balled a bunch just to test what he'll do and WOW he couldn't get in at all, poor thing, oh and he left? Why? Isn't this how he liked playing? I was glad he left and took his smelly lag with him, and NO I will not te am with you to basically beat me, you fight me on your own and don't beg me for help, you want help you do it yourself! *****

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I just met a lone Nana in Basic Brawl. Really cool player, let the rest of us become Giga-Bowsers. I just wanna say thanks Nana player!
I was the Red Pit/Ike/everyone.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Eventually, though, I got annoyed and harped on you with MK for that last match to try to piss you off, and it apparently worked, because you disconnected after that round ended.
MK seems to solve everything, huh? :glare:

I just met a lone Nana in Basic Brawl. Really cool player, let the rest of us become Giga-Bowsers. I just wanna say thanks Nana player!
I was the Red Pit/Ike/everyone.
Wait what...he turned you guys into Giga Bowser? :OOOOOO

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
When feeling impure, get rid of MK, for as I always say, depending on MK (and any top tier really) is for the weak.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
MK seems to solve everything, huh? :glare:
Yep. :troll:

In terms of trolling, anyway. I love to troll on BB and go as far as I can without hacking, so MK is definitely a viable option when I want to annoy the hell out of any particular player (s).

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
If I beat someone, I find they always go to a high tier to better their chances. As a Zelda main, this would be troubling. However, I face more MK, Snake, Olimar, Falco, Marth etc., than I can count so I'm used to the matchups. It's fun when they don't expect a Zelda to be much competition.

Top Bottom