• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I saw this troll who was always using Falco in his dark palette. He was winning in a 1 on 2 taunt battle, which I stayed out of. He attacked me even though I never attacked him. He acted like a taunter when other players joined the group as well. Though very annoying, he didn't do so well when I brought out Meta Knight. :p

That was about 1 or 2 years ago, back when I wasn't that good. I saw him about 3 or 4 more times in the next month, he tried to attack and beat me again, and wasn't successful. And I haven't seen him since.

If he hasn't improved at all, I could probably destroy him in a 1v1 battle now.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I've seen some absolutely astonishing Zelda's in BB. A Green one and a Red one, both who are quite friendly.

In fact I just met that good Red Zelda just now, she's attacking another Red Zelda that just joined the room. lol

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what to think about Basic Brawl anymore... On Tuesday, I decided to play a bit after school. Low and behold I waited over 30 minutes and 10-15 disconnections before I got one, singular person, who lagged and played like ****. I then wasted 10 more minutes trying to find another group, and it was crappy, laggy, and absolutely terrible. So I quit, but for God only knows why, I tried again a few hours later, and I didn't dc at all, waited like 1 minute, and found a lag-free group that could've been one of the best groups I've ever brawled with. I stayed for over 45 minutes and saved a few replays. Ggs to the Side B troll Bowser who turned into a good neutral Snake, the Ganondorf that didn't entirely suck but was having a hard time because everyone else was really good, and the Marth/Mario/other characters who wanted to be my friend and help fend off the Snake, who was hilarious because he would taunt whenever he got a hit. Reminded me of my good friend Kimidori. I was blue Kirby, except the very first match when I was green Jiggs.

Then yesterday, I got on basic and before I even found a group, my controller broke. What the heck, the world is trying to screw with my mind.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I don't know what to think about Basic Brawl anymore... On Tuesday, I decided to play a bit after school. Low and behold I waited over 30 minutes and 10-15 disconnections before I got one, singular person, who lagged and played like ****. I then wasted 10 more minutes trying to find another group, and it was crappy, laggy, and absolutely terrible. So I quit, but for God only knows why...
Welcome to Australia.

Would you like kangaroo or crocodile meat for lunch, sir?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I think i just ran into you Admiral Pit, match was in Basic Brawl, map PS1. Had a Green Sonic, Red Snake, Gold Pit and me on Reg Pikachu. God that snake was an idiot

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I think i just ran into you Admiral Pit, match was in Basic Brawl, map PS1. Had a Green Sonic, Red Snake, Gold Pit and me on Reg Pikachu. God that snake was an idiot

Hmm I met a good Pikachu today like 3-4 hours ago, It was a Blue Pika vs my Yellow Kirby..... just wondering if it was you.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I did remember seeing a gold Pit, but I cant remember where. I remember being territorial against another gold Pit recently because that's how I am, but being attacked by someone else does annoy me. It probably was me, who knows?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I see, well just throwing this invite out there. Feel free to attack me if you see me chilling out im usually on no hat pikachu / red hat pikachu.

And no that wasnt me Metalbro.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Alright, sorry for bothering you. I would like to know who this Blue Goggle Pika is tho. He is very trollish and very skilled....

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
What
Who is this Bowser that used the black shell look? Idk if you come here or not but just wanted to say that you are pretty good with him and being able to handle taunt party trolls.
I main a black-shell bowser, and yet I've seen a player use the same color scheme as me. It happened a month ago though, this copycat watched as these two trolls came after my bowser, a Kirby and Pikachu. They attacked me on temple and I started beating them with flying slams while I was in the air catching them from the ground, along with some f-tilts and f-smashes. After that match, the copycat left along with the other two.

but I've been on bb recently with my black bowser, so it might've been me.

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
What

I main a black-shell bowser, and yet I've seen a player use the same color scheme as me. It happened a month ago though, this copycat watched as these two trolls came after my bowser, a Kirby and Pikachu. They attacked me on temple and I started beating them with flying slams while I was in the air catching them from the ground, along with some f-tilts and f-smashes. After that match, the copycat left along with the other two.

but I've been on bb recently with my black bowser, so it might've been me.
was you on last night with a white bowser running around o.o?

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Might as well ask here since this is the board I frequent.

You know how you can run off a ledge but actually keep running on the edge of it. How do you do that? I think I was told you hold down or something but I'm not too sure. Thanks.

link2702

Smash Champion
^you have to pull back slightly on the control stick after starting a run, basically you have to make your character run slower but still be....well...running.

you'll have to get the feel for it, each character can run slightly slower, but the control stick is very picky about just when it feels your character should still be running, and when it feels it should hit the breaks and make you stop then start walking fast again.

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen a white-shell bowser for a while actually, hoping to run into one soon, if you main a white shell, i'll keep an eye out for you though. Also i wasn't on last night for very long.

man that sucks, but o well its nice to know some Bowser mains are still alive at least. Guessing the guy I fought was the copier you mention (most likely), though he isn't what you described since this one was also trying to crash the taunt party as well. Anyway we should try and play sometime, and do some dittos ^_^.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
man that sucks, but o well its nice to know some Bowser mains are still alive at least. Guessing the guy I fought was the copier you mention (most likely), though he isn't what you described since this one was also trying to crash the taunt party as well. Anyway we should try and play sometime, and do some dittos ^_^.
Sounds great, I've been thinking of brawling you in the arena.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
^you have to pull back slightly on the control stick after starting a run, basically you have to make your character run slower but still be....well...running.

you'll have to get the feel for it, each character can run slightly slower, but the control stick is very picky about just when it feels your character should still be running, and when it feels it should hit the breaks and make you stop then start walking fast again.
Yea this is a rather good explanation.

You can also do it by having the control stick slightly downwards. It's hard to get it though.

And it's often hard to know at first whether your character is doing it. :o

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just saw a noobish Pikachu taunter in his Red hat costume. He acted pretty strange. He fought for a few seconds in a Pokemon Stadium battle with 2 annoying CPU characters, then used his side taunt, and stopped doing things for a bit. He also was really bad at recovering, he let his skull bash move charge even as he started falling lower than the main platform. He also didn't bother fighting back when a Jigglypuff player disconnected the next match and just ran around and about, once again getting himself killed with his careless use of skull bash.

If whoever that Pikachu was is reading this, heres some advice. Pay attention to how low you are while trying to recover with a move like skull bash or green missle.

EDIT:

I think I just saw that Jigglypuff player again. Because in both matches he/she went as far away from the other players as possible, stood completely still for a long time, then disconnected and left us to fight the low level CPU that took control of Jigglypuff. I don't really know why anyone would do something like that.

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I wonder what the players think they are doing when they disconnect in the middle of a match. I've had complete taunt parties turn on me for attacking the former friend-now cpu, because they thought the guy was still there XD

Also, I do the method where you hold it slightly down, like Luco said :3

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I use purple samus and spam lots of missles and try and meteor smash alot.
Taunt parties always end up targeting me, probably for missles.

Been on basic brawl alot lately. \

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX

Yea this is a rather good explanation.

You can also do it by having the control stick slightly downwards. It's hard to get it though.

And it's often hard to know at first whether your character is doing it. :o
Alright thanks guys, I'll try this out lol. Always was envious watching others doing it when I was a fail. :p
Haha, I wonder what the players think they are doing when they disconnect in the middle of a match. I've had complete taunt parties turn on me for attacking the former friend-now cpu, because they thought the guy was still there XD

Also, I do the method where you hold it slightly down, like Luco said :3
Yeah, this is interesting. It's fun to see whether others realize it's now a computer or their friend decided to turn on them. Sometimes I've been targeted for attacking a CPU before others realizing it's a computer.
A lotta social comes into this game sometimes haha.

I use purple samus and spam lots of missles and try and meteor smash alot.
Taunt parties always end up targeting me, probably for missles.

Been on basic brawl alot lately. \
Welcome!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Alright thanks guys, I'll try this out lol. Always was envious watching others doing it when I was a fail. :p

Yeah, this is interesting. It's fun to see whether others realize it's now a computer or their friend decided to turn on them. Sometimes I've been targeted for attacking a CPU before others realizing it's a computer.
A lotta social comes into this game sometimes haha.

Welcome!

Haha that's alright, I remember when I was gawping over this technique a little while back. It's fun to do, especially cool to show peeps online because they often try to do it and end up falling off the stage in frustration haha. I like to think that they then go and look it up but who knows? I will say though, that it was a random online player who showed me this, so who knows? Respect to those random online players right now. ;D

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Haha that's alright, I remember when I was gawping over this technique a little while back. It's fun to do, especially cool to show peeps online because they often try to do it and end up falling off the stage in frustration haha. I like to think that they then go and look it up but who knows? I will say though, that it was a random online player who showed me this, so who knows? Respect to those random online players right now. ;D
hahah well that was my experience, being frustrated. Do you know the "jab" meaning between players who will fight each other but they keep the KO the same so to lead to sudden death. Like they'll suicide after defeating their opponent. It's pretty fun!

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... that one is a given XD Usually players try to do that to me, but sometimes I just sit there when I don't feel like playing. I learned a few Wario bike glitches online, as well as the Yoshi infinite ground-pound, and the Temple ledge cancel spazz thing glitch XD As well as wise positions to be at in sudden death on Temple. Basic can really teach you some things. Such as staying away from the weirdos that have "relationships" with you. o.e

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I love using TLinks Down Smash on the right most ledge in temple, it practically guarantees a free kill when they are at 0% lol. (wont work on DDD or Snake though)

If you wanna troll people and stay in Sudden death on temple for a long time, use Game&watch. Jump up to the platform to the left of the "fighting basement" (the platform below the one where you can spaz out on) duck on it and if a bomb hits you, don't tech the wall. You will tumble back and forth until you start flying to the right, then use down B to bucket break the knockback and get there again. The only way you can die is if you get unlucky and two bombs drop on you and also while flying to the right, you might get hit by a bomb before you can bucket break. Ofcourse planking would be a better idea, but that's dishonorable lmao.

Also if you get annoyed of Zelda's following you and that kind of stuff cuz you're a Link/Ike/Marth, play along with it them and then later use Wario and fart on them xD. They get sooo mad and they always leave. It'll make them think twice about doing that again :p

Player -0

Smash Hero
Alright, sorry for bothering you. I would like to know who this Blue Goggle Pika is tho. He is very trollish and very skilled....
I may be the blue pikachu you're talking about although I don't know if I'm super skilled....
I play.... Fire mario, Purple Luigi, White Peach, White Bowser, Eh Idk colored DK, White Hat Diddy, Pink Yoshi, Weird Mario costumed brown Wario, White Link, Blue Zelda/Shiek, White Ganon, Red TL, Pink Samus/ZSS, Green Pit, Black and White ICs, Eh idk colored Rob, Red Kirby, Pink MK, Idk DDD, Black helmet Olimur, Purple Coat Fox, Blue Falco or maybe tan... White Wolf, Pink CF, Blue Pikachu, Gold PKMN, idk lucario, Sleepy Cap Jiggly, White or Light Blue Marth, Red Ike, Mr. Saturn Ness, Red haired Lucas (Claus?), Blue almost white GW, The almost default snake with spots, and idk sometimes gold sonic.

Also a bit ago I think I found someone from here as they were pretty good, Maybe theoneandonly or someone? But first it started I was a White link and they were too but he didn't move the whole match... The next match I forgot who they were but they started to be aggressive towards people and eventually it turned into a 1v1, suiciding after each kill. Anyway lemme know who it was if it was you.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Oh, also does anyone know how to "pick-up" an item from the air without A or dodging. The characters don't even move yet they pick it up... How do you do that lol.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Anyways... GGs to a very good multi-character in TB
Characters were: Captein Falcon, Ganondorf, Marth, Snake, Kirby, Link, Samus,some others if i missed out...
Mine were: Captein Falcon, Ganondorf, Luigi, Pikachu, Toon Link

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I may be the blue pikachu you're talking about although I don't know if I'm super skilled....
I play.... Fire mario, Purple Luigi, White Peach, White Bowser, Eh Idk colored DK, White Hat Diddy, Pink Yoshi, Weird Mario costumed brown Wario, White Link, Blue Zelda/Shiek, White Ganon, Red TL, Pink Samus/ZSS, Green Pit, Black and White ICs, Eh idk colored Rob, Red Kirby, Pink MK, Idk DDD, Black helmet Olimur, Purple Coat Fox, Blue Falco or maybe tan... White Wolf, Pink CF, Blue Pikachu, Gold PKMN, idk lucario, Sleepy Cap Jiggly, White or Light Blue Marth, Red Ike, Mr. Saturn Ness, Red haired Lucas (Claus?), Blue almost white GW, The almost default snake with spots, and idk sometimes gold sonic.

Also a bit ago I think I found someone from here as they were pretty good, Maybe theoneandonly or someone? But first it started I was a White link and they were too but he didn't move the whole match... The next match I forgot who they were but they started to be aggressive towards people and eventually it turned into a 1v1, suiciding after each kill. Anyway lemme know who it was if it was you.
Is that you GYK?

@Toadallstar2/ I think you press Z on the GC controller. I know it works in melee.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Is that you GYK?

@Toadallstar2/ I think you press Z on the GC controller. I know it works in melee.
Nope, I am a free person, I've actually been reading this thread for a bit because it's interesting (Of course I was too lazy to actually make an account...). I know that one time, my first post up above... the person went quite a bit of my usual colors so I was like meh... but then it's a small color cast after all, right?
________
Also yeah you use grab or Z, if you do it a bit too far or early I think it puts you into a spotdodge but still grabs the item. It's great for anything after grabbing instead of waiting until the spotdodge/arial is done too.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Nope, I am a free person, I've actually been reading this thread for a bit because it's interesting (Of course I was too lazy to actually make an account...). I know that one time, my first post up above... the person went quite a bit of my usual colors so I was like meh... but then it's a small color cast after all, right?
Oh sorry then, it's just that the guy mains white link, and you addressing one of his accounts make it suspicious. Anyway welcome to the site! Hope that blue pika of yours is the one i've been seeing online!

Player -0

Smash Hero
Oh sorry then, it's just that the guy mains white link, and you addressing one of his accounts make it suspicious. Anyway welcome to the site! Hope that blue pika of yours is the one i've been seeing online!
Yeah, I remember from reading a bit on this, I have suspicions that the white link that was inactive the beginning of one battle but changed characters and started being aggressive was him.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Thanks, Z worked.

So annoying when Pit spams his arrows every second. Goes to a far corner in the stage, particularly Hyrule, and spams 'em out. :p

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Anyways... GGs to a very good multi-character in TB
Characters were: Captein Falcon, Ganondorf, Marth, Snake, Kirby, Link, Samus,some others if i missed out...
Mine were: Captein Falcon, Ganondorf, Luigi, Pikachu, Toon Link
There's a good chance that I ran into you last night. I was on TB for a few hours last night, and Link and Samus are my two favorite characters to play. (I play others too, though.) All the matches were on FD, right?

Do you recall a match with two Falcons vs a Kirby and a Zelda?

Top Bottom