• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's to a Green Zelda! I fought you with my Red Luigi then i used everyone with red costumes after. Even though I lost most of the matches, it was still fun to fight you.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Kudos to... WarioMan?

Yes, you heard that correctly. I'm actually congratulating a WarioMan hacker for doing the right thing. Within the last half hour, I started out with him as my partner in Team Battle, so I intentionally suicided, seeing the obvious unfairness of this. After my second intentional suicide, WarioMan did the same thing to shed his unfair armor. After seeing that, I went on to fighting, and oddly enough we still won despite the intentional -3 handicap.

I am glad you made the right call.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
GGS in BB today to a blue sonic main, i was the following:

brown bowser w/ black shell, blue falco, white marth and black wolf.
did the sonic do a lot of spin dash cancels? was their a peach in one match?

hard for me to remember but it could of been my sonic, as i faced a brown bowser but i can't remember if it was today, yesterday, or the day before.... and i was sonic....

I was some random character the first match, I think lucario.

and since i never for the life of me use lucario, + i was getting double/triple teamed, i did absolutely crappy

after that the brown bowser left
only to reappear the next match when i picked Sonic, after i won as sonic i picked lucario again and this time I think the other two players let off and i was able to barely pull out a win that match as lucario.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
yeah, i wastched a replay of the matches i took and there was a peach, the first brown bowser i seen during those matches was when i was either falco, or wolf, then the main rq'd and i brought my brown bowser after that

if that was your sonic that spun alot, it was nice to finally battle someone i never battled.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I keep playing a Falco in basic brawl that knows how to dacus, shdl, and do the dash attack to usmash combo.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@FIREL I believe the term you mean is "bone walking" plucking after a fox trot while keeping momentum can result in sliding while plucking.

Had some fun on BB there was a Wario and I actually got a couple grab release to F-Airs as Zelda.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
GGS to the blue zelda in basic brawl, along with the white mario, and white fox who i took on. Who was the blue zelda that watched me though.

i was the brown bowser w/ black shell, blue falco and black wolf.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ggs to a team battle room i just left. Pretty good ness/lucas/TL/luigi and good ike. As well as the guy on zelda/samus

hint: we all threw away items that spawned, and when someone got a kill off a item they suicided

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
awesome set just now in tb, really good sonic and great snake sick MK fight we had but he got the boot in I was like nooooo. haha

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Item tossing groups. Why have them?

hint: we all threw away items that spawned, and when someone got a kill off a item they suicided
I've been in a room like that before where everyone is throwing away items, though it is rare. I then have to ask myself, if nobody wants the items, who is the guy picking them in the first place?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I wan't the warioman code D:..

Also I guess foxblaze is no longer with us on our basic brawl adventures :(.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Does anyone here have a very good Falco that can shdl, dash attack into usmash, and dacus? I keep playing this falco when I go to basic brawl.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Does anyone here have a very good Falco that can shdl, dash attack into usmash, and dacus? I keep playing this falco when I go to basic brawl.
is it a green or blue falco? mine is blue if your wondering, and i can only do the CG, i'm still trying to learn the dash attack to up-smash combo though.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to a great aggressive Red Peach/Yoshi/Lucas on BB that fought my Red TLink/Luigi/Marth. You did not let up at all, and i could not escape! I teched like all your moves xD

XxAshleyxX

Smash Rookie
Ggs to the group I was with earlier in Basic Brawl.

There was a red Ganon/Captain Falcon, blue D3/blue Kirby/Falco, and an Olimar/regular Mario, and I was black Zelda. We were all decent if not good players. Falco even knew how to glide toss items, and Captain Falcon could wavedash.

We were all ganging up on the Olimar/Mario because he was a taunt party crasher. It was fun, but then the last round I think he lagged it.

Again, ggs guys!

:phone:

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
ok i gotta know fi this is anyone here

lately i've been seeing a purple(or red, but to me the color looks purple) wolf lately a lot

i know its the same one because his attack strategy is very obvious, he always spams wolfs dacus and loves to camp with his blaster, and if he's near you he's almost always tends to use Downsmash, and depending on how far away he is, will do a blaster shot right before a forward smash.

I've ran into him several times as my sonic/falco/pit, and marth.

he knows somewhat what he's doing, but i feel he's getting predictable enough that if i didn't always run into him in FFA matches and faced him more in a few 1v1's i'd have his pattern down enough flawlessly

most of the time i do tend to pull out the wins against em in the FFAs but when he does get a lead he can usually hold it pretty well.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
really now MK/ROB, your obviously good why are you rage quitting against me? a decent wolf player ?_?

kaazers

Smash Master
I had a couple of Basic Brawl adventures today, all in a row, as Neutral Snake.

First P2 Falco/Randoms/ICs and P3 Fox/Red Snake were messing with their Up-Bs on Temple while P4 Green Peach did her own thing. P3 and I messed with grenades and C4s a few rounds afterwards on FD.

After P2 left, a Black and White ICs came in and wow did he know the mystical art of grabbing. On SV, Fox grabbed the air in front of the new ICs a few times… and they responded by KOing him with ONE GRAB. It was awesome to watch (sorry, Fox). He was just horrible to P3, lol. He even did some pummeling lock thing with the fixture in the middle of Temple. He also taunted EVERY time he KO’d poor P3, lol. For whatever reason P2 was nice enough to me.

Fox wasn’t just some newbie either – he had an idea of how to play… though maybe not too much on how to deal with the grab… kinda like me, lol. He did much better near the end, though he only managed to take a stock off once or twice during their fights. A few rounds of this later, P2 left.

Though I didn’t see any Olimars or Peaches, was this you, Daisy? I’m only going by the whole “I can count the number of ICs I’ve seen who know their stuff on BB on one hand” thing and the incessant taunting, LOL.

ICs got replaced by a Neutral MK on Temple who came up to me, said, “Fight me,” and then proceeded to complete an ftilt on me before I could react. I suck at fighting MKs and this one knew a thing or two, but this was Temple, I was Snake… surprisingly I managed to live to KO him twice, the last one in the last 5 seconds... And then my buddy P3 Fox gave him the middle finger by DC’ing the group… >> I really wanted to fight him, too.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
lmao that was me XD. Kaazers. And yes I always taunt after I get a ko. duh. And that fox started it.

I like pummel locking people on the pillar thingy. yea the connection was good enough for me to 0 to death people XD.

Right after I left that room I came to a room filled with pros O_O

Like omfg.

kaazers

Smash Master
Wha--- why do I keep on running into you, LOL? I wanted a go myself but I didn't think Fox was gonna let me… maybe it was all for the best -- your ICs look particularly scary this time anyway, haha.

loool… you know the best part? I don't think he meant to start a fight with you either. The previous player in your slot was an ICs as well and the fox liked attacking the Nana. He probably thought you were that player. Hah, good games so it was all worth it in the end.

I've never gotten a room full of pros, but the thought sounds awesome. Guess I'll hop onto BB to look for…something.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
SSBBDaisy, I think I played you. I have no ic's experience except for playing ruinn 4 times.
I used Wolf, ZSS, MK, Lucas, Lucario, Ic's, DDD, and Jigglypuff.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
who is this red peach i keep seeing, first it was peach then a pikachu with a red cap who kept attacking everyone, after he kept losing mainly to everyone even me.

After he left a red zelda came in the room, only to stand still.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
kaazers: u have no idea. When I got into this room they let me have my fun with ICs for like 4 matches then they all ganged up on me and they were smart. I was like wtf.

Bluezelda: Yup we did face each other. Yesterday, I remember facing all those characters in one room. I think we were on Bridge of Eldin when u were wolf and jigglypuff in some of the matches, and I think Norfair(The crazy lava stage with all the platforms when u were Meta Knight

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
When I do get a Wii again,

Who wants to join me in the crashing of Taunt Parties? :cool088:
I like taunt parties when there is a taunt party crasher and its a 3 vs 1. If there is no crasher, I will troll everyone and leave when they start attacking me.
Bluezelda: Yup we did face each other. Yesterday, I remember facing all those characters in one room. I think we were on Bridge of Eldin when u were wolf and jigglypuff in one of the matches, and I think Norfair(The crazy lava stage with all the platforms when u were Meta Knight
On bridge of eldin I used jigglypuff. I remember you did a chaingrab against the walls on that underground stage.

Bio-Blue

Smash Cadet
@richard 89
I'm usually a red peach. Was this peach doing a lot of turnip free pulls or somthing a long those lines....not sure what the term is. As for pikachu, was it the same person or somebody different?

@xiroey
I'll join :awesome:

Also, had a match with a green ZSS who lost thrice, and then came after my Peach with their own Peach. And I think it's the same one from a couple other times who just f-tilts and then follows with f-air. I hate bad Peaches who try to out Peach me.
Oh and gg's to a black Zelda who would some how recover using neutral B......that's some crazy black magic right there :awesome:

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
lmao. This blue Sheik I was facing was tired, I guess, of fighting (despite it having been only a few matches) so he did the Chain Jacket glitch thing to freeze the game for everyone. sigh fine

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I finally learned how to bike loop with Wario, and it's too funny. When you hit someone with it, they go careening off the stage. It's as if it was planned to be in the game.

kaazers

Smash Master
Wow, I had some great matches just now. Had a ton of fun.

I was playing Red Snake.

GG's Green Ganondorf/ Dedede/ Fox/ and most of all, Snake.

I'm pretty sure he was the same person who beat the Red Peach in a group round after round as Falcon/ Snake/ Fox/ Wario/ MK/ Luigi/ DK/ Link/ maybe others but I can't remember. Then after she left, he attacked anyone who took her slot, lol. I tried a few times to get a fight but it was a no go since someone always got in the way. I was the Red Snake spectating with the Red Jigglypuff. He left after two fights with a White Marth/ Lucas.

Anyway, next round we got a Mario/ Sonic and a Green Ganondorf on SV. He asked me for a fight and I accepted. He never switched after he went Snake. Those dittoes were so much fun. They were awesome, lol. Oh yeah, we gave back points, and I always killed myself the same way every time in SD: pulling out a grenade, standing still until it exploded.

… Lag set in on the last round on Temple (figures). It was pretty bad I admit, and one of the players didn't have the patience to wait it out and DC'd the group mid-match. lksj ladkj lsakjd slalksd lska

Shoooot. And I just realized I didn't save a single replay since I was excited to get to the next match.

I was done playing after that. Too tired and too late to look for him again. >> If you see this, great games.

I actually LOL'd when you KO'd me, and then less than a second later, my C4 detonated by itself, KOing YOU. We were both flying off screen at the same time, haha.

EDIT:I had my first good fights of the night against a Pink Samus/ Red Marth/ Maybe gold Pit/ Gold Ike as Neutral Ike just now. Up until he asked me for a match, I mainly sat on the sidelines with an AFK player as he randomly targeted others. Someone DC'd the group right after our ditto though. Everyone seems to be DC'ing today...

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
Fought a Pink/Green/Red Falcon for some time just now, with a couple of spectators who sometimes interrupted.

Very good games, close matches. You know your moves - one of the few who do.

- TBF

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
very few people here talk about when they get ***** on Basic Brawl. I'm talking both by items spammers and "skillfull" people.

Came across a pink MK. WAS A RAPIST.

Knew the Peach MU, Knew the Olimar MU, and Knew how to mess ICs the **** up. I was like get off my ***. He was like I'll just space u like a pro in lag.

I won some matches.

U know what he wasn't bothering me till this mean thunder spamming pikachu came after me and I CGed him and got him to leave. Next match he was all in my cooch O_O.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
man that effing annoyed the hell out of me..

found a blue ike that seriously knew what he was doing...

wanted to face this blue ike in some decent 1v1s...

a ******* marth/sonic/bowser/pika/whoever(which iw ill just refer to as player 2) could not take a hint and kept getting in the way, Ike player didn't care and took advantage of it so he could kill us both.

I eventualy got annoyed and went a pink meta and dropped all attention on blue ike, and went strictly after player 2 i was determined to make the matches a living hell for him, I didn't care if the blue ike would still win the matches or not, i was focusing strictly on p2 by then.

:| then my effing internet and cable over all went out for several hours and knocked me off before one last match.

I wish that d-bag p2 would of taken a hint and left us alone...

least i got a few good kills on the ike....i don't think he was expecting those few mirror shield KO's i got on him as my pit when he tried to do aether....still it was annoying as i only won one match against the guy as he was getting kills on both p2 who kept getting in the way like mad, as well as the occasional one on me as P2 got in my way and ended up knocking me into the ike's direction once or twice :|...

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's to the neutral DK just now, I was the Red Alternating player, I saw you earlier facing a Dark MK/Ike
then someone DC'ed the room. I found you later again on temple, but an obnoxious Red Snake who only came after me appeared and took out my Pit. The guy was stalling picking stages and characters just to piss me off. After the Red Snake left we started 1v1 against each other. GGs.

Use more Z-Air with Samus though. lol

Top Bottom