• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

kaazers

Smash Master
Pft, well, people call it Basic LOL for a reason, but I love all the different people you run into: the taunters, crashers, ragers, trolls, item spammers, honorable players, backstabbers, decent players, bad.. the list goes on.

Admittedly I never, ever mention the times I get decimated by item spammers, but I have mentioned a few people who have done so without items (that one Red Ike I mentioned earlier this year -- I didn't get even ONE win xD) . I'm not that good, so more than half of the players I mention either seem or are definitely better than me. I think I only start winning some of the matches because I have a tendency to lose, lose, lose, win, win, and at that point the better player starts raging a bit and I get more wins, lol. The rest are more my level. No point mentioning matches against players who are obviously less skilled.

(You show off the unholy CG, of course the good players are gonna be all up in your … uh… stuff, lol.)

I had two or three nice matches against this good P2 Gold Link with my Ike; but then this Gray Kirby entered the group on Temple and did horrible things to me with low percents throws and aerials, lol. Is it even escapable? I have no clue. >> I got some revenge on his MK, and first stock of his Snake as well, but I SD'd before the KO and then lost my momentum that round. The remaining round was me struggling to get back onstage, trying to avoid all the mortars, haha. He only played each character one round and we gave back points. Characters: Gray Kirby, Green MK, Green Snake, ? Fox, ? Ness. Lag set in on the Ness round. He jumped off and DC'd the group. GG's, and to the Link as well.

Each time I see someone mention an Ike, I keep on thinking, 'IS THAT ME?" xD Nope, though.

That reminds me: I don't switch characters 90% of the time, I throw away items, I stop and target anyone interrupting good matches I'm in, and I'm probably described only as an okayish player, haha. I play Snake and Ike. I hope to run into some of you.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
man that effing annoyed the hell out of me..

found a blue ike that seriously knew what he was doing...

wanted to face this blue ike in some decent 1v1s...

a ******* marth/sonic/bowser/pika/whoever(which iw ill just refer to as player 2) could not take a hint and kept getting in the way, Ike player didn't care and took advantage of it so he could kill us both.

I eventualy got annoyed and went a pink meta and dropped all attention on blue ike, and went strictly after player 2 i was determined to make the matches a living hell for him, I didn't care if the blue ike would still win the matches or not, i was focusing strictly on p2 by then.

:| then my effing internet and cable over all went out for several hours and knocked me off before one last match.

I wish that d-bag p2 would of taken a hint and left us alone...

least i got a few good kills on the ike....i don't think he was expecting those few mirror shield KO's i got on him as my pit when he tried to do aether....still it was annoying as i only won one match against the guy as he was getting kills on both p2 who kept getting in the way like mad, as well as the occasional one on me as P2 got in my way and ended up knocking me into the ike's direction once or twice :|...
was this a standard blue ike, no headband?

i main a regular blue ike, no headband, that's why i asked.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
How do you keep running against that little bump thing on Hyrule to the left of the stage without being stopped? :bee:

:phone:

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Lol oops. I knew it was you the very moment you started chaingrabbing. I nope'd out of there sry :3 Ur some kind of vicious

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
yes mam.

Only I'm allowed to play with Daisy Peach on Basic Brawl. Any others get the faq grab :).

JK. Not really. No i'm jk lol.

no not really.... jk

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
How do you keep running against that little bump thing on Hyrule to the left of the stage without being stopped? :phone:
Tall characters like C. Falcon can run automatically at that spot. But you can dash at it with any character without hitting the wall by slightly slowing your dash. To do this, you must dash, rather than having the control stick mashed all the way to the left, gently drag it downwards but keep the stick to the left. You might notice your character dashing in a slower pace.

If you do this on the edge of a platform, you can run in place. It's well known and pretty useless, but it does look cool. Hope this helps.

kaazers

Smash Master
Ask and ye shall receive. I think I did run into one of you. xD

Anyone remember harassing an innocent Neutral Ike with that ice block attack on Temple? LOL Anyways, gonna edit with more info.

YOU: Ice Climbers/ Daisy Peach

ME: Neutral Ike

SPECTATING: Two Pikachus on the last few rounds: a neutral and a blue one. Thanks for throwing the items away and spectating so quietly, Blue Goggles Pikachu!

Hmm… I think we only had two real fights without CPUs running around everywhere or other players interrupting, and that includes the first one which didn't even start until halfway through the round.

Items were thrown off at first but as the rounds progressed I knew it was only a matter of time before troll mode would be activated… and I was right, haha.

Also got trolled by having our match DC'd RIGHT when I got KO'd on our last round, lol... who was that anyway?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
RED :ike: in BB 1on1 no items Temple Awesome match if I'd have just gotten that counter in on your QD back to stage I think I'd have pulled it out but no johns as they say. I hate that we couldn't meat up in TB I was thinking that first match was like "put away pit and come to TB or die."

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
kaazers we saw each other. U started it. U have to stay at least 10 feet away from me or otherwise I get nervous and faq grab. 10 FEET O_O.

Good Ike tho. I remember that one match u were just ****** me when I was :popo:.

GGs get trolled more. I'm using christmas time :popo: for right now (Red,Sky Blue)

oh and thanks to the blue pika for letting me faq grab kaazers :)

PS: I play Ryo a good amount offline.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Falco's so gay on spamachus. I can't tell you how many kills I got from reflecting Thunder.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
^ lol...its funny when they don't know what else to do because their "winning strategy" with pikachu on most other players has stopped working entirely.

I still think the funniest kill I got on a spam chu was when me, a fox, and a wolf were all in the match against a spam chu....we weren't going after him directly but....at one point in the match, he popped thunder.....right as I used falco's reflector from a jump, the wolf was a bit below and used HIS reflector, and the fox was right above from being knocked into the air from another move, and he used *HIS* reflector, all at the same time, all within range of pika's thunder to hit him....

we watched that poor guys damage go from 20%, to 260% in an instant and get KO'd from it.

I can't remember exactly who got the kill from it, but at that point i don't think it mattered.

poor pikachu rage quit after that....

kaazers

Smash Master
oops, wasn't online yesterday.

You'd have grabbed no matter what I did! xD It was awesome anyway; it looks so cool. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been CG by ICs so it's a treat(lol).

Okayish, Ike…aaaand as you saw I can't really play with lots of other distractions on stage, which is funny since I play Basic. Wow, could you do it though. o_o Weaving in and out of everyone/thing as Peach…meanwhile I was being throttled by everything flying around, haha. I remember the first match when we met on Temple…an edge hog and a CG to spike. Yep!

Yes, GGs! Instead of getting trolled more, next time I see you I'm gonna join your trolling -- like that time when you me and the black Pit all went Snake and D-threw the 4th Snake who kept on interrupting our matches, lol.

(wowwww you play Ryo…!)

Quick shout out to the Black ZSS/ Zelda who asked my Neutral Snake for a match. By the way, I didn't want to fight on Spear Pillar cause… it's Spear Pillar. But I guess you thought I was done? Anyways, the other two started fighting after that so we just watched them. GGs against your ZSS.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's to a Red Ike/Wolf/Link/Marth/Others I forgot. You fought my Red Randoms such as Ness/Pit/TLink/Luigi/Marth/and Ike. Sorry I left but if someone interrupts my battles I can't focus and I usually just beat them and have them leave, but that Ness that replaced the Black Zelda is stupid.

I personally don't like fighting in the underground part of Temple, Up tilt strings are so gay there. The right side is much better for 1on1's.

EDIT: This Sonic I just ran into was having a 1 on 1 with a scrub Mario, he starts attacking me so I used Wario on him. Bite... that is all. xD

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Lol, This scrubby snake who spams F-tilt left the room then came back in the next match. There's a Fox who started spotdodging and shielding when I taunted right in his face. A Luigi who was a pretty fun troll to fight with.

First matvh I was Captain Falcon and we were on Shadow Moses Island. Snake and Fox started fighting, then Luigi killed Fox with Up-B right after Fox killed Snake. Went to SD and I killed both Snake and Fox with Up-Air. Luigi and I tried living, but Luigi failed to tech.

Next match I went my booty Wario, and we ended up in Skyworld which was a hilariousness disaster for the Snake and Fox who were now both fighting me. Luigi and I ended up in SD again, but he just killed himself and let me be silly. I was going to have a 1v1 against the Snake since Luigi and Fox left, but the room got DC.

Now I'm trolling this guy with my Luigi, Wario, Mario, Falco, and rioght now my Sonic.

EDIT: After some massive trolling with Sonic, the guy finally left.

EDIT2: Wow I just pulled off the Luigi ladder with this other Luigi. We screwed up a lot which made me laugh really hard.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
lol kaazers. Calm down...jk

Ryo ***** ICs the MU is almost impossible for ICs. Bthrow > Dtilt spike nana off stage ***** ICs.

But i'm on a mission to take a tourney set from Ryo with ICs :p. Hes way too hella good :/

Acedude55

Smash Ace
i was the marth in white. freeballin

you were the peach in white... freeballin.

we made sweet passionate crouching love at the edge of Hyrule temple as a kirby and an aggresive, jealous ike watched it all. Oh yeah, Ike. You can't get basic brawl *****es like me.

White peach, hows about we finish things up in a...private match

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
i was the marth in white. freeballin

you were the peach in white... freeballin.

we made sweet passionate crouching love at the edge of Hyrule temple as a kirby and an aggresive, jealous ike watched it all. Oh yeah, Ike. You can't get basic brawl *****es like me.

White peach, hows about we finish things up in a...private match

so you're the white marth i seen with the peach player, yeah i stood and watched it all but didn't do anything cuz i was busy watching my own back, my standard color blue ike may seem aggressive but harmless unless someone attacks me then i go awol on everyone.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Whenever I see a couple online I would stay a few matches and then go MK on them. 8D
Eventually one will leave that will cause the other to become helpless, usually ending up with them also leaving. Sometimes there are surprisingly good players who do that, but it's rare though.

I remember this time when I was fighting a Black Zelda, I went Marth and she stopped fighting me and starts crouching near me. I thought about the situation and only came up with one solution... BAM forward smash to the face! LOL

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ggs@ PT, Peach, Lucario. [They were all different people not the same one] I was fox in your TB room. I left because i got a phone call, ggs esp to the PT i know i whooped ya *** n a JV 2 stock on one of those matches but thats cause i was mad about something irl. Your a good PT stay frosty

Acedude55

Smash Ace
so you're the white marth i seen with the peach player, yeah i stood and watched it all but didn't do anything cuz i was busy watching my own back, my standard color blue ike may seem aggressive but harmless unless someone attacks me then i go awol on everyone.
That was a joke

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
very ggs to a really good lucas player I've run into the last few days. Also ggs to a good wolf and a decent marth, though I still took a stock off :p

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
hm... no. this wolf was red, though the marth was white, yes. I was not falco tho... the marth was only 1 match and it was actually 3 marths, me (plain), white (the crazy one) and red (decent but not as good as the white one) and the 4th person I can't remember...

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
If anyone encounters a Neutral Jigglypuff randomly attacking you like a noob, that's me. LOL

I'm trying to see if i can make people rage from losing to a crappy Puff. So far i'm getting great results.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
I always tend to go white marth so it could be me you're facing juts an FYI.

one way to tell if it's me as the white marth; i'll always go for a Fthrow chaingrab at low %'s to Fair when i can't chain em with the throws anymore, and if there is an Ike in the game i'll almost always go after him :troll: because aside from teh few times i run into an ike that knows what they're doing, it almost always means an easy first kill with the Fair spam from marth on the poor noob ike :troll:

EDIT: also i tend to always do a Nair from a ledge grab.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yea ive been on Basic brawl as white marth. 3 marths and a non-marth as the 4th player right?
yeah, and the red marth -1 me and the white marth -1 me but I -1 him the 4th player was 0 ... if the red marth had not interfered I may have not gotten that stock off the white marth tho, cause he was swinging at both of us, lol

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I always tend to go white marth so it could be me you're facing juts an FYI.

one way to tell if it's me as the white marth; i'll always go for a Fthrow chaingrab at low %'s to Fair when i can't chain em with the throws anymore, and if there is an Ike in the game i'll almost always go after him :troll: because aside from teh few times i run into an ike that knows what they're doing, it almost always means an easy first kill with the Fair spam from marth on the poor noob ike :troll:

EDIT: also i tend to always do a Nair from a ledge grab.
what region are you in? I'm in SE...

Hm... not sure if I've run into you. I rarely do BB these days, just TB but sometimes I'll go into BB just because... If either of you are in SE region it's very likely we've run into each other. With a lot of ppl in the other thread we're able to see when we're in W/A mode and yet the chance encounter is still slim if even possible due to region... (I dunno, tho I think Potential! and I have clashed once before...

on Distant Planet

:kirbybrawl:

VS.

:yoshibrawl:

;)

kaazers

Smash Master
@Daisy: lol I am calmmmm. Bthrow… dtilt… that's one attack I never touch. Good tip, though. I'm gonna keep that in mind! (also, wish you good luck on your mission)

"because aside from teh few times i run into an ike that knows what they're doing, it almost always means an easy first kill with the Fair spam from marth on the poor noob ike"

Is THAT why other players go straight for me? lskajd salkdj >> Marths especially. I remember Zulo going straight for me way back when.

Speaking of Marths, does anyone here play mainly White Marth and Leopard Print Snake? I see this guy messing around on Basic all the time. Most people choose matching colors: White Marth > White Snake but this player always goes Leopard Print.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
that actually could be me...since i do go snake a lot too, and many times its leopard snake....

and @sucumbio

I'm in Okla. so i'm assuming the game treats it as the southern region. Of course I think if it doesnt' always find someone in your region it will go for other regions as i have faced folks here who weren't anywhere close to Okla.

kaazers

Smash Master
It's a possibility that it's you… but somehow I doubt you're the one I keep on seeing online. This player pretty much only plays Marth and Snake (though he did play Falco one round last night), while you played about 10 (hah) other characters the last time I faced you (when I was Leopard Print Snake myself). Anyways, it was my first time finally fighting him last night. I just wish I knew who he is, lol.

Thought I'd add that I'm in NY and have faced people from Florida and Texas on Basic. I don't think they do this by region... although I could be wrong.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
@Kaazers: yeah. u have to grab popo throw him offstage and then dtilt spike nana as she gets to the edge. ***** ICs.

@Everyone: I got ***** recently by this Pink MK and Ness in a 2v1. I suck so bad :/. When I finally won I left.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
that reminds me i couldn't post what happened three nights ago cuz i would've been dp'ing but now i can tell what happened.

i came across this lucas the first match but then second and third match, this guy goes giga bowser, my wolf, a sonic player and a fox went against him.

i saved the replays, only two before he d'ced the room.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
A resounding "DAMN boy, I see you!" to this White Marth main in my room right now. He's freaking insane. I haven't seen mastery of Marth ever before like I'm seeing now. Amazing spacing, options, movement, and a bunch of d-tilt locks and Temple jumps. :bee: (You also played Snake, MK, Wolf, and Ike)

There was also a Diddy Kong/Lucas in the room at one point. GGs too :smirk:

Top Bottom