• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Trolling with Luigi is so much fun. Shoryukens all day, every day :awesome:

EDIT: I think my Luigi might be broken. He only does the "bang bang" victory pose.

Okay nevermind, he did the dolphin dive one.

Lol, just got a 2 for 1 Shoryuken.

WOW now I got a taunt spike off this Ike as he was falling back towards the ledge. Get *****, and how does it feel that I survived your F-Smash at 75%?

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Was just in a home run contest room with an MK. After realizing that my Charizard and MK couldn't get trapped, I DC'd the room after his plan to pick up one of the bombs and use it on me literally blew up in his face. (Bullet Seed too good xD)

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
i hate when ****ty players start to think they're good cuz they're double teaming <_< i swear this pink meta/black zelda earlier thought they were hot **** cuz they had another player helping em most of the time. most of the time it was on temple where the *** would run away after one kill.

just know that if it was a real 1v1 i'd slaughter you effortlessly, and if you are reading this, by all means try me and watch what happens. NO bs buddy to help you, no running away on temple the whole time

what pisses me off most thoguht was a crappy ike player who did almost the exact thing a few matches before hand...he got oen lucky kill on my marth then proceeded to run away the whole time on temple and after that he D/C'd

its players like those that i'd just LOVE to find in a nromal one vs one so i can destroy em without any BS effecting the match.

why do i keep going to basic brawl when it only brings more headaches than enjoyment.... =_=;

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I always just do my best to beat any teamers and when I do I leave or I stay and don't gaf.

Either way I enjoy Basic Brawl so much. XD

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
brawl's with anyone mode searches based on location ie players logged in who are closest to you will be far more likely to be the ones you connect with vs someone living 3000 miles away. That said, I live in south mississippi. I wonder sometimes just who it is I've been brawling all these years ... the scene down here is kinda small, but there are definitely some good players out there in the lower gulf states.

okboy

"The Okayest"
NNID
syntheticweenie
3DS FC
1418-8005-4521
Falco, falco... you were fun for those few games in TB. I'd have to say we seemed pretty evenly matched. Though you seemed kinda frustrated at one point (forward smash spam hello) but GGs either way!

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Okay, there's this strange phenomenon that's been happening. Sometimes on the results screen at the end of a match, I'll press A or Start to go to the character select screen to play the next match, but then it just sends me, without any disconnect notice, to the With Anyone menu. WTH? Is there a way for players to disconnect people like this? Nice going again, Sakurai. -_-

:phone:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
^That happens to me occasionally as well. I just join another room when it happens.

Though sometimes I get confused and press "B" and that sends you back.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Okay, there's this strange phenomenon that's been happening. Sometimes on the results screen at the end of a match, I'll press A or Start to go to the character select screen to play the next match, but then it just sends me, without any disconnect notice, to the With Anyone menu. WTH? Is there a way for players to disconnect people like this? Nice going again, Sakurai. -_-

That happens to me occaisionally as well... usually after someone gets ***** hard. But it could be the wi-fi's fault as well...

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Well very rarely you will encounter a room that's been set up as a series room. You essentially get 20 or so matches in a row, normally items are off or only on one or two of the total matches, and normally at least 2 of your competitors will be highly skilled, leaving you and one other person, normally another player such as yourself. In super rare instances all 4 of you will be equally skilled. You can tell you're in a good series match when over and over each brawl ends with literally +1 to -1 or even 0-0-0-0.

I have encountered this type of room maybe... 10 times in all the years I've played online. But it's nothing you did wrong... you can usually log right back in and pick up another room, and you may actually get someone who was just participating, though normally not. If you do chances are they'll start to taunt spam as if to say "hey there, you just played 20 friggin' matches, get a life!" :p

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's Daisy lol! I was the Red Ike, also that Sudden Death DDD Up-B Spike on that Falco was too funny.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
lmao Metalbro. U sure know when its me.

I just woke up and felt like trolling.

Only got 3 hours of sleep O_O. Was fun. Thanks for trolling with me cause if u weren't I was going to CG u. :3

EDIT: yeah and the D3 thing. I've seen it happen b4. I was like **** it just spike him with D3's ***.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Man, I just had the craziest match with Falcon in a while. This Diddy went around punching this Tink and everyone else around. The Tink started fighting me as well as the Diddy. Diddy tried to use his Up B to get back on stage, but I Falcon Punched him so hard, Captain Falcon took recoil damage from the Punch. Then in the final seconds of the same match, I went in to Knee Tink, but the Sonic used Homing Attack and landed right in my knee, and got kneed. Best part was that the Tink air dodged as my knee came out, but due to Sonic getting hit, the hitlag lasted longer and Tink got struck with the Knee's effects as well. Tink ended up dying while Sonic barely lived. I left the match to go watch the replay because when it first happened, I had no idea what happened. I was like:

"Wtf are you doing Sonic?!" *Sees Tink fly away and die, then give me a point* "I don't remember hitting Tink with the knee"

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
just ran into a ****ty gold pit earlier.

thought he was a BA czu he knew a few wing tricks with pit.

course he couldn't beat me in a pit ditto 1v1 and simply got lucky cuz an idiot olimar kept falling itno the gold pits moves and dieing

so he just barely beat me 2 to 1, neither of us died and i had several moments i could of landed the kill blow on em but that dumb olimar kept getting in the way.

thankfully i played cautious enough that he couldn't kill me either so it i guess thats a good thing.

besides the match prior i beat his pit with sonic anyhow.

XxAshleyxX

Smash Rookie
GGs to a red Bowser/red Yoshi/Yellow Kirby. We only fought for two or three rounds, but that was enough to let me know you aren't a noob. :)

Oh, and I was the black Zelda.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I was just in a basic brawl taunt party, there was no taunting though. There was a ganon/ic's,falco/snake who seemed to be a good player but we never fought, he tried to chaingrab me but failed. And the other player was a jigglypuff. I used luigi, falco, mk, kirby and diddy.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Owned a scrubby blue Zelda/Falco/Link earlier this evening. I've seen this player before; they're very aggressive in their playing style, and 9 times out of 10, I'm ganged up on by them and another not-so-good player (they must harbor some kind of vendetta against C. Falcon), and that was what happened tonight, so I had fun beating their little team up. If I recall, I won every single round we played, except when I went into Sudden Death with the other passive player in the room, in which case we'd both just kill ourselves right away.

On a slightly related note, one of my biggest pet peeves in BB is players who drag Sudden Death out for as long as they can. Really, if I'm having a serious fight against a player and the other two players are screwing around, can't you at least kill yourselves should the match enter SD? Why make us wait? I'm more likely to disconnect the room than to hold out just so you guys can repeatedly ledge-grab and sidestep from falling Bob-ombs. What are you trying to prove?

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
GGs to the Wolf in TB a few hours ago. Was really impressed by your techs/precision, considering the lag. I was the Link.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
PT: "You did it, Charizard!"

Marth: Yeah, thanks to the 20 assist trophies ><

PT: "Don't be bitter."

All kidding aside TB rocked this past hour. Great games to Mario, Lucas and Lucario/PT.

FIREL

Smash Ace
TB... a noob taunted me after i died, even though he didnt kill me... the next match we both went pikachu and I hard trolled him with a good old fashion ****** and "PikaPika!!:pikachu2:". 4-0'd him and he RQ'd.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
To the Neutral Pikachu in BB just now who I tried to have a 1 on 1 with my red Gnw. GGs.
I would have stayed longer if that typical Kirby who would "copy abilities and team up with players getting attacked" had left. (you know... THOSE kirby's, the ones who swallow-cide and fail at it)

okboy

"The Okayest"
NNID
syntheticweenie
3DS FC
1418-8005-4521
GGs! to the Pikachu/Pit/Diddy/I don't remember what else player in TB earlier today. (P4 from my perspective)

I had a stroke of bad luck getting paired up with an idle player (Ness-P2) who one of my opponents (Marth-P3) took full advantage of. Pikachu, my other opponent on the other hand, after noticing this, stood off to the side and let me and Marth go at it in 1v1, and suicided to make sure the score was fair whenever Marth stole a KO from Ness.

For the next few games, the two of us took turns making sure the score was fair, and taking on P3. (Depending on what teams we were on)

Then after some time, P2 finally came back to their controller, and everything went on as normal. I finally got to actually fight against P4 and they just about ripped me to shreds, it was only after I switched from TL to GnW that I stood a chance. Sadly I had to leave shortly after but it was a good time, yeah.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Good games to the orange luigi red Lucas and other player who was many characters, I went orange luigi to be like that orange luigi. The orange luigi acted really shy and would crawl a Lot and when you came near him he'd crawl away from you.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
lmao scrub wolf came in and only won on crabs and turtles

I was casually fighting with this pikachu/black pit and we and the noob teamed up vs the wolf to get rid of him

me on Red pikachu is back to fighting this guys pikachu, ggs dude i know you were watching when i dropped crabs next to you when i was on DDD to use against wolf.

Hes on his black pit fighting a red olimar on temple now. Me n ness are chilling out

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I sure don't miss the Mario Bros. stage in NTSC. I remember the sore losers would pick that stage and would always pick a character with reflecting properties. I think 75% of them would always go with Falco.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
This guy went wolf though and taunted us :p

lol @ this guy on Falcon/Bowser. I Bair'ed this other falcon as he picked up a hammer and my falcon partner ran up an knee of justiced him and taunted <3333

FalconsFist in my room. I bodied his Falcon he got on PT and owned me w/ items. Owned him with items this past round :D Dis noob in our room needs to go [p3 on my screen]

ROFL WE TAUNTED AT THE SAME TIME ON PIKACHU [up taunt] RPOFLASDL:ASJFSDA

my falcon and PT suck. Also DIS LAGGGG

Ok i think i get what your saying im getting on Lucas. FalconFist was on: Falcon, PT,Pikachu, Lucas, Fox, Kirby, Diddy, Samus/ZSS. Me on: Pikachu, PT, Falcon, Lucas.

NOOB FINALLY LEFT

ggs FF, gotta go to work!

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
That couldn't have been me Dark, I haven't played Wifi the past couple days. The last time I did play I was only Luigi and Wario.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
damn you serious? he played just like you

Hahaha seriously blue pikachu? Learn to play legit and stay free.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
@Dark: I never use Diddy, Samus or Lucas considering I suck with them. I will use Kirby and Fox every now and then, but odds are that wasn't me. I tend not to use items on someone unless the other people use items on me first, even then I just throw them at the others.

I was just on BB however and I managed to pull off the sacred combo with Falcon. That Lucario got messed up so bad. Every kill I got on him that match was either Falcon Punch, or the Knee, or both in one manly combo. A good Pika/Lucas was in there as well. He helped me pull off some manly kills, it was a shame our room had to get DC.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Wow, everyone is hating my Falcon now. The past 3 rooms I've been in, someone immediately went after my Falcon. 1st match, I got teamed on by another Falcon and Ganon, which I fought well, but lost. 2nd match, a Link came after me but everyone else got in the way, won that one. 3rd match a Peach ***** me on Temple, went into SD where she barely won.

EDIT: DAMN get bodied! I just got 5 kills off with a Home Run Bat on this Ike and Link I was fighting with. I got the bat around 30 seconds left and just started swinging. The funny part is that I outranged them a couple of times when they tried to hit me as I was charging up. The match was sooooo dumb, but halarious for me and this Falcon. Luigi sure can troll with items, like the fan :troll:

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to that Jiggs/PT player. Y'know, I would think someone like you would be above items and attacking noobs just to win. Thanks for sticking around! :D

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
ugh karma's a *****....

-_-;

after i go on earlier today owning noobs with ice climbers and MK...

I end up running into a prick Olimar/ice climber main who knew their chaingrab flawlessly....

between him + his buddy dark link who was ganging up on me, as well as the fact that 90% he was getting the broken ******'s best stage...ugh...

if i would of gotten my stages just once...instead the other 2 ***s were convinced that FD and temple are the most balanced stages in the game... -_-;

EDIT:

well at least things turned around later for me

I faced a falcon who knew his stuff earlier

before we knew it we were all in a falcon FFA

the last match one of em went pika though, produced the most hilarious ending ever for me, the pika shielded a falcon punch from me, and the hitlag from hsi shield caused the black falcon(the one who knew what he was doing) to get hit by the full force of it anyhow even though he spotdodged.

thank you pikachu ;) you just gave me the most hilarious, one in a million falcon punch wins i've ever gotten.

I don't think the black falcon knew what to expect after that.....he seemed dumbfounded about what just happened.

GGS black falcon..

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Lol Mr.K that was me :D

I was Ics/Olimar

U were that MK/Black Pit right?

I kept picking temple cause other people wouldn't **** with my cgs.

Lol yeah I love being a prick on Basic Brawl. I love teaming with n00bs vs someone who looks like they know what they are doing. Plus u kept coming after me. U asked for it :D

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
ugh....

if it wasn't always FD and temple and that ****** link getting in the way all the time things might of been different *insert rage here*....i hate the eskimos with a passion and i never seem to get the stages like norfair or RC when i need em <.< the only time i got a stage that was really in my characters advantage was DK's stage and i didn't even pick it then.

the first few times i went pit it was to try and get some experience against those damn little *******s as my main, but that ******* link kept getting in the way those matches i went pit against ur IC.

all *****ing aside..i know i got outplayed...

still though i feel if i could of kept my cool more like i did the first few matches...and not had that ******* link get in the way, I could of done better, but after those few where i started getting double teamed by one decent plaeyr and one noob then having to watch them taunt me in sudden death i kinda lost it <_<

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
GGS to a white Kirby who took us to break the targets twice, insane SD round ><

and to a purple Diddy Kong who missed his chance to 1v1 me :p

Top Bottom