• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Ridrool64

Smash Lord

This is Crash 6. You can pry Wrath and Twinsanity off of my cold, dead hands. Especially since Twinsanity is probably where most of Crash's throws could come from.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
After seeing the cover for Crash 4 I have had a gut feeling Crash has made it into Smash. That Crash render gave me Banjo & Kazooie vibes for some reason.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the way, word on the street says that Toys For Bob are the main developers for this installment, so the theories relating to them did come true, given the art style that was used for the latest mobile game, and the leaked production art stuff that was seen over months ago.

I wonder how annoyed Geoff Keighley is about all this right now.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
The title Crash 4 interests me. What does this mean? Is this a continuity soft reboot? Does this mean that Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity are now retconned out of the series? Nina and Crunch appear in Nitro Fueled so doing this seems really risky and weird.

or maybe..........this is an Interquel. Hear me out. In Crash 3 we know that Cortex and N.Trophy are trapped as babies in some other dimension with Uka Uka, and this game takes place during the "cooling off" period between 3 and Wrath (1998). Maybe they will explain how Cortex and N.Trophy grew back into their ages, since Wrath of Cortex never explained it (Twinsanity did have a nod to WoC's ending with Cortex and Uka Uka frozen in the game's intro, and the good ending of Crash 2 leads directly into Crash 3's intro) but obviously due to their absence they will not be the major villains this time around.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You have no right to call them stupid!
I... don't know a word that rhymes with "stupid"...
"Think if someone said that to you, kid"? It's a bit of a stretch, but it rhymes (even if it doesn't flow as well)

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
>Crash game reveal happens on the same day as ARMS fighter reveal
I'm entirely convinced that the speculation of the Crash and Smash fanbases are like funhouse mirror versions of each other at this point.
CTRNF was revealed on the same night Joker was as well.
Like damn, how many times are these two series gonna coincide with each other? I’d like to imagine that the next time this happens, they merge and Crash comes to Smash lmao.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

Found it curious that in parenthesis Geoff specifies "with gameplay". Knowing that the Crash 4 boxart got leaked, this could possibly give us more detail on what this new entry might bring. Of course, if this special announcements is in fact Crash 4 (I mean, it's gotta be, right?)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
CTRNF was revealed on the same night Joker was as well.
Like damn, how many times are these two series gonna coincide with each other? I’d like to imagine that the next time this happens, they merge and Crash comes to Smash lmao.
Also, the time the Nitro Squad debuted in NF on the same day :ultbanjokazooie: got in Smash.

That's pretty much my line of thinking. Someday the streams will cross.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Oh hot dang. Just looked even deeper into that tweet and reading "Monday morning the sun will rise again..."... We just had Nintendo announce that we'll be getting the ARMS character reveal for CP 6 on Monday morning. Japan is known as the land of the rising sun. IS ALL OF THIS MERE COINCIDENCE?!?! The Dr. Nitrus Brio in me thinks not. :eek:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh hot dang. Just looked even deeper into that tweet and reading "Monday morning the sun will rise again..."... We just had Nintendo announce that we'll be getting the ARMS character reveal for CP 6 on Monday morning. Japan is known as the land of the rising sun. IS ALL OF THIS MERE COINCIDENCE?!?! The Dr. Nitrus Brio in me thinks not. :eek:
Relax, Nintendo said their livestream would only have the ARMS character. If Crash comes to Smash, that'll have to come sometime later afterwards, it's the polite thing to do.

If your guess is about the next Crash game being announced, you're late to the leak party, man.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
No offence but I think you might be reading a little too much into all this.
Unless it’s just a joke then it’s all good.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Found it curious that in parenthesis Geoff specifies "with gameplay". Knowing that the Crash 4 boxart got leaked, this could possibly give us more detail on what this new entry might bring. Of course, if this special announcements is in fact Crash 4 (I mean, it's gotta be, right?)
Yeah probably the crash game, but could be something else too.

Voe

Smash Journeyman

Nice, so I get to watch the Smash presentation first before the Crash 4 gameplay trailer.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Inb4 Crash is announced for FP7 in this separate stream.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Hehe, yeah. Reading on that to deep was a bit of a goof-off. :awesome: All in all though, next week is looking to be pretty good. CP 6 (ARMS character) reveal presentation on Monday at around 10~11 AM. Summer Games Fest Showcase going on an hour after that. Another Pokemon Presents on Wednesday. I remember seeing a tweet yesterday of someone saying that video games have been carrying 2020 and I gotta say, with all these announcements and franchise revivals the past week, I gotta agree.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Again, dont get hopes up, but this possible crash game reveal does happen right after the smash direct(well 25 Minutes later), so they could show the crash gameplay, and end with the crash reveal trailer , making it look like the 90s crash and smash commercials mixed together

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I wonder what game engine they are going to use?

Seeing how "Toys for Bob" used "Unreal Engine 4" for "Spyro Reignited Trilogy" I would assume that's what their more familiar with and will use.

"Vicarious Visions" used their propriety "Alchemy Engine" for "Crash N.Sane Trilogy" and I believe which they also lend it to "Beenox" for "CTR: Nitro Fueled" which they can likely also use for this game as well seeing how all 3 developers are under Activision.

I guess we will have to wait and see on monday.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I hope this new Crash game has a new theme music and not just some remix of the Crash 3 music that has been used more than once before. I would rather hear something fresh this time.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
One thing I never liked is how literally every developer for a Crash game changes his look in some way, shape or form. Most of the recent games at least all look like the same character. Wonder if Fake Crash is going to have a significant role in this game similar to N-Tranced, he's "known" for dimensional affairs.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing I never liked is how literally every developer for a Crash game changes his look in some way, shape or form. Most of the recent games at least all look like the same character. Wonder if Fake Crash is going to have a significant role in this game similar to N-Tranced, he's "known" for dimensional affairs.
Vicarious Visions isn't making this one, they give him more focus when they do Crash games.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Wanted to share this thought I posted over on the Geno support thread. Seeing what we've got in store for Monday, I thought the following scenario could be a possibility.

We get the ARMS reveal on Monday 22nd in the morning,...
and later after Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is revealed at the Summer Games Fest showcase around 30 mins to an hour later, Geoff saves the day (like in 2018) with a surprise reveal of Crash Bandicoot joining Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Thinking on this possibility just a little while ago, I saw certain parallels between the first, and second fighters pass. Although Piranha Plant is not part of the first Fighters Pass, she is still a DLC fighter, and is shown as the first DLC fighter on the SSBU website. Being a character from a Nintendo IP, it sort of mirrors with this second Fighters Pass, with the ARMS rep being the first CP (another Nintendo IP). Now, the second DLC fighter (yet first CP from the first Pass) was revealed during The Game Awards 2018; Joker from Persona 5, a third party IP (from Atlus). Again, with the second fighters pass, we could be in for its parallel scenario with a potential CP 7 reveal during Monday's Summer Games Fest Showcase.

This is all just some food for thought/speculation. For the moment, we wait for the ARMS rep on Monday.

Top Bottom