• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Crash has a great shot too, but I don't think this is a tease for Smash as it is moreso a tease at a new Crash game.
Yeah, I've pretty much been thinking that for a few weeks now. The odd part about this one is how Acti seems to pass up every noteworthy opportunity to unveil said game, even though we are in June, a month that's pretty significant for modern Crash news and/or releases.

We might hear of it around Nitro-Fueled's anniversary next week.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Yeah, I've pretty much been thinking that for a few weeks now. The odd part about this one is how Acti seems to pass up every noteworthy opportunity to unveil said game, even though we are in June, a month that's pretty significant for modern Crash news and/or releases.
True, but we may not know what happens behind the scenes. My guess is that they might have planned for a new Crash to get shown off at the event, but wasn't able to get the game ready in time. With Crash's resurgence in the modern gaming world, it would be stupid of Activision to remake the first three games + CTR, and go back to making the franchise dormant. Crash is starting to become a gaming icon again so I do believe we will get that new Crash game eventually.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
True, but we may not know what happens behind the scenes. My guess is that they might have planned for a new Crash to get shown off at the event, but wasn't able to get the game ready in time. With Crash's resurgence in the modern gaming world, it would be stupid of Activision to remake the first three games + CTR, and go back to making the franchise dormant. Crash is starting to become a gaming icon again so I do believe we will get that new Crash game eventually.
My current theory is that according to Numskull's deleted Twitter post, it was implied to have been a multi-console release (although not that special in the context of PS5 event, Crash isn't a PS property anymore, so I could understand why).

Plus, we haven't seen their forthcoming newest Call of Duty release yet (besides Beenox's lower-stakes remaster of an older entry).

In addition, a leaker has reaffirmed the rumors in regards to multiple masks, and Crash, Coco and Cortex all being playable in the upcoming game.

Finally, during their hearings, Acti had said that besides COD, two of their IPs would get stuff that are on track for this year. One of them is Tony Hawk.

So, to me all of this is smoke that's eventually gonna become fire.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
My current theory is that according to Numskull's deleted Twitter post, it was implied to have been a multi-console release (although not that special in the context of PS5 event, Crash isn't a PS property anymore, so I could understand why).

Plus, we haven't seen their forthcoming newest Call of Duty release yet (besides Beenox's lower-stakes remaster of an older entry).

Finally, during their hearings, Acti had said that besides COD, two of their IPs would get stuff that are on track for this year. One of them is Tony Hawk.

So, to me all of this is smoke that's eventually gonna become fire.
Oh yeah true. If we are getting a Crash game soon, which seems likely to me, then I do think the lack of a reveal at the PS5 event may give credibility to the fact that this game will be released on multiple platforms, since I believe every new game they showed in that PS5 event are exclusive to the PS5, I may be wrong on that though.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh yeah true. If we are getting a Crash game soon, which seems likely to me, then I do think the lack of a reveal at the PS5 event may give credibility to the fact that this game will be released on multiple platforms, since I believe every new game they showed in that PS5 event are exclusive to the PS5, I may be wrong on that though.
Some of them have been mentioned to be somewhat multi or timed exclusives outside of the event (Hitman 3 for instance is apparently getting a PS4 version).

So Crash and COD have been left out for a reason.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I think Aku aku and Neo Cortex for sure. If Coco isnt an alt(and she should be) then she will be on the stage. Otherwise maybe a few other characters. Tawna maybe if she is ok with the japanese rating board.
Daily reminder that Krystal is an uncensored AT in Smash. Tawna should be fine.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think a new crash game is all but garunteed at thia point, and not just due to the leaks. He had a major revival with his hd remakes, selling very well on the switch, and a very good racing remake(which i really should try and get back i to, but i missed months of cups can i even get everythong anymore?), and just overall popularity.

Daily reminder that Krystal is an uncensored AT in Smash. Tawna should be fine.
Plus Shantae isnt censored in her spirit, so really tawana is fine. I just wanted to throw that out just in case

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think a new crash game is all but garunteed at thia point, and not just due to the leaks. He had a major revival with his hd remakes, selling very well on the switch, and a very good racing remake(which i really should try and get back i to, but i missed months of cups can i even get everythong anymore?), and just overall popularity.

Plus Shantae isnt censored in her spirit, so really tawana is fine. I just wanted to throw that out just in case
Yup, you can get everything except for the silly promo items and the GP-themed decals. Even then, I suspect that the latter will be packed in with the inevitable complete/one-year anniversary/Game of the Year edition. I'm pretty sure we'll get one soon, at least.

Risky as well, and she's more provocative at that.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yup, you can get everything except for the silly promo items and the GP-themed decals. Even then, I suspect that the latter will be packed in with the inevitable complete/one-year anniversary/Game of the Year edition. I'm pretty sure we'll get one soon, at least.

Risky as well, and she's more provocative at that.
Gah a game of the year eddition... didnt think of that. I already have it, is it worth just keeping mine and working to unlock or just maybe wait for that... probably the former.

True, she wears the face of her old captain as a bra and pants

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This set of fan-made emojis perfectly sums up the current state of affairs.

Gah a game of the year eddition... didnt think of that. I already have it, is it worth just keeping mine and working to unlock or just maybe wait for that... probably the former.

True, she wears the face of her old captain as a bra and pants
That depends, how much content do you have missing? By the time you clear the Pit Stop, we'd almost certainly have heard of Crash news.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
This set of fan-made emojis perfectly sums up the current state of affairs.

That depends, how much content do you have missing? By the time you clear the Pit Stop, we'd almost certainly have heard of Crash news.
I haven't played since... September?

zferolie

Smash Hero
How would you imagine Crash's reveal trailer would go?
As I think I have said quite a few times. It starts like the Smash 64 commercial, but instead of mario tripping pikachu, Crash comes in slamming a wooden crate on them

MattX20

Smash Hero
As I think I have said quite a few times. It starts like the Smash 64 commercial, but instead of mario tripping pikachu, Crash comes in slamming a wooden crate on them
I had the visual of Mario and Sonic fighting as a reference to the console wars from the 90's, and Crash bursts in on the two

zumaddy

Smash Ace
My ideal trailer would be a dual Spyro-Crash reveal based on their purple/orange history, but that's a huge pipe dream haha. Just a nice thought, not going to happen.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I never got a chance to say this, but RIP to the original voice actor of Aku Aku. I must say thank you to him for making my childhood so great with his motivational speeches as Aku Aku. God bless

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
A closer look at Crash Bandicoot's Driver's license.

1rrbiub194n11.jpg

Not surprised to see why it was revoked.

I+screamed+no+but+his+grin+screamed+****+_7f5e55605e4f75dc66399ae42746abda.jpg

But clearly that was the only answer to put there and that face says it all.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Up until a few years ago, the last Crash Bandicoot game I played was Twinsanity. The N. Sane Trilogy did a good job of bringing him back

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey, showing my support for Crash! Ever since I got my number 1 pick, Crash has become my number 1.

Outside of a fun move set, Crash seems like the remaining missing character, and would be awesome to complete the 90s console mascot trilogy of Mario, Sonic, and Crash. I could have sworn I had shown my support in the past, but a look at my history shows I had not, so here to rectify it.

At first, I was uncertain I’d have much to contribute given for the longest time I only had murky memories based on my 90s playthroughs of the first and half of the second games, outside of I wanted him in.

But now that I’ve played through the first game and most of the second on the N Sane Trilogy, I have a much better idea as to how I picture Crash in Smash. While FP Vol 2 has already been decided, I’m hoping he’s among the chosen, as if any remaining character could say they fit perfectly in Smash, among them it’s Crash.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
How would you imagine Crash's reveal trailer would go?
I think a semi-continuation of the Banjo trailer would be cool. DK, Diddy & Banjo/Kazooie are working on fixing DK’s hut. They hear a commotion in the jungle. They look over to see Mario & Sonic fighting someone; the pair is on the defensive as they dodge quick, orange attacks. Suddenly they get by a twister-like attack & come crashing onto the Rare group’s feet. The characters look up as the mysterious enemy jumps up into the air & lands infront of everyone else; Crash Bandicoot Spins Into Action!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
On the topic of reveal trailers, one idea I have for Crash's trailer would be similar to the start of Terry's trailer where they show a timeline of video game systems. However, this time the timeline stops at five different video game systems. The first system is the NES, and we see some SMB1 gameplay. 8-Bit Mario then jumps out of the game and then the timeline then stops at the SEGA Genesis. We then see some classic Sonic gameplay, and then 16-Bit Sonic jumps out of the game. The timeline then scrolls over to the N64 and Dreamcast simultaneously, and then we see Mario and Sonic in 3D fighting each other. However, the timeline scrolls once more to the PlayStation 1. We see gameplay of Crash Bandicoot, and Crash spins out of the game and begins to fight 3D Mario and Sonic. And then we see his splash screen,

CRASH, CRASHES N' SMASHES

And then we see some gameplay.

This would probably be the perfect reveal trailer for Crash imo

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think a semi-continuation of the Banjo trailer would be cool. DK, Diddy & Banjo/Kazooie are working on fixing DK’s hut. They hear a commotion in the jungle. They look over to see Mario & Sonic fighting someone; the pair is on the defensive as they dodge quick, orange attacks. Suddenly they get by a twister-like attack & come crashing onto the Rare group’s feet. The characters look up as the mysterious enemy jumps up into the air & lands infront of everyone else; Crash Bandicoot Spins Into Action!
While part of me is hoping for a live action homage to Crash/Smash 64 commercials, this is how I realistically see it happening. Plus, the setting matches the aesthetics of memorable Crash levels.

I wonder if they’d triple down on the joke of starting the trailer like K Rool’s, only this time, no one shows up, confusing all five of them further, followed by Crash’s reveal.

I also like the idea Enigma735 Enigma735 has as it is a mixture of Terry’s and Pac-Man’s trailer ideas, though sounds far more interesting than Pac-Man’s by including classic gameplay.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I also like the idea Enigma735 Enigma735 has as it is a mixture of Terry’s and Pac-Man’s trailer ideas, though sounds far more interesting than Pac-Man’s by including classic gameplay.
Thanks! :)
Do any of you think we'll get Crash news at the Developer Showcase on June 22nd?
I think its possible. It would make sense to reveal a new Crash around the one year anniversary of Nitro-Fueled, and I do expect a new Crash game for the PS5

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thanks! :)

I think its possible. It would make sense to reveal a new Crash around the one year anniversary of Nitro-Fueled, and I do expect a new Crash game for the PS5
At any rate, it doesn't look like they're celebrating anything this week (aside from the superfluous "party pack"), but we'll see.

Somehow I get the feeling we may not hear anything at all this month though, I'm not sure.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Well.

We just got a sign.

Several people received a rather peculiar, yet familiar, puzzle.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Not only that, but just last night prominent Crashtubers were cryptically hinting at this

https://twitter.com/angelsalgado316/status/1273551581095526401 (tweet contains language that would be censored on Smashboards)

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming Crash does get in. I wonder if in the Palutena Guidance that Viridi will have the same reaction as she did to Mewtwo. Hatred and acid in her voice towards Dr. Neo Cortex for his experiments on animals Crash notably being she's the Goddess of Nature.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Assuming Crash does get in. I wonder if in the Palutena Guidance that Viridi will have the same reaction as she did to Mewtwo. Hatred and acid in her voice towards Dr. Neo Cortex for his experiments on animals Crash notably being she's the Goddess of Nature.
Crash won't get a Palutena's Guidance because they stopped doing that for the DLC characters after Plant.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming though for speculation and fun how would you guys think Crash's guidance would go?

As mentioned I imagine Viridi showing hatred towards Doctor Neo Cortex due to reasons stated above.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Adding to that, Plant barely made it for the launch, so they obviously didn't intend to give the DLC characters any.

In any case, we wouldn't find out unless Crash shows up twice.
The fact Plant has a Palutena's Guidance and all the other DLC characters don't farther proves the theory that Plant was originally a base game character but got push back towards the DLC lineup due to time constraints.

Top Bottom